Comments

  • LOL imma start doing this now

  • Now its my 2nd favourite mori after Ghostface, but Im not sure if survivors can see the mori long enough to be stomped on both killer and survivor screens. It could be only on killer screen.

  • @LegionGhostface said:

    LOL imma start doing this now

    I don't know if it's accurate but I believe one of the mods once said mori spam is bannable so be careful. Granted I think that would be stupid when it does nothing aside from hold an already guaranteed to be dead survivor in place when they could be slugged and BHVR could add a cooldown to cancelled mori's anyway instead of letting people keep doing something bannable at the expense of players on the receiving end.

    Granted the thread I saw this on was immediately deleted when I was about to question it. You know punishing for something so minor instead of just patching it at the expense of survivors getting mori spammed on.

  • @LegionGhostface said:

    LOL imma start doing this now

    It’s bannable.

  • It's not. If BM with a mori was bannable, Tbagging and "clicky clicky" should also be bannable.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079122#Comment_1079122

    It's not. If BM with a mori was bannable, Tbagging and "clicky clicky" should also be bannable.

    Actually, yes. Time to ban survivors then, too. Mori spam is the opposite of taking the game hostage. Survivors can genrush and go out.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079122#Comment_1079122

    It's not. If BM with a mori was bannable, Tbagging and "clicky clicky" should also be bannable.

    It's dumb but I legit recall seeing a mod saying it was bannable on these forums before a thread got deleted. As I said above stupid rule and if it's such a scary thing to require a ban the rule should be removed and mori's should have a cooldown so no one has to worry about it.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079146#Comment_1079146

    It's dumb but I legit recall seeing a mod saying it was bannable on these forums before a thread got deleted. As I said above stupid rule and if it's such a scary thing to require a ban the rule should be removed and mori's should have a cooldown so no one has to worry about it.

    It should be easy to fix too. Just have the killer complete the progress bar BEFORE starting the animation.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079122#Comment_1079122

    It's not. If BM with a mori was bannable, Tbagging and "clicky clicky" should also be bannable.

    If you do it for a certain amount of time it is

  • It is possible to mori-spam and lock a Survivor in place indefinitely. That is what's bannable.

    EDIT: this is no longer possible, as the bleedout timer now goes down during the mori interaction. Apologies for the error.

  • @Almo said:

    It is possible to mori-spam and lock a Survivor in place indefinitely. That is what's bannable.

    You think people mori-spam for that reason? People mostly mori-spam to BM. If you want to lock a survivor in place with a mori, people will do gens. If he's the last survivor, he'll bleed out eventually, so letting the last survivor bleed out, mori or not, should be bannable then. If he's waiting for the DS, he might just mori him and that's it.

    Can you think a real and practical reason why mori-spamming could give the killer any advantage? Because it doesn't make sense to me.

    Of course, if it's just BM, then you should also ban tbagging and "clicky clicky".

  • @Almo said:

    It is possible to mori-spam and lock a Survivor in place indefinitely. That is what's bannable.

    When begins "indefinitely"? After the End Game is over?

    Why survivors are allowed to lock killers in loops indefinitely?

    Untitled Image


  • The bleed-out timer pauses during the mori trigger, meaning it can last a long, long time. Far longer than 4 minutes.

    EDIT: this is how it used to work. I checked the video, you're right, the bleedout is going down. So that got fixed at some point. So my previous statement about locking Survivors in place indefinitely does not hold for mori-spam. My apologies for that.

  • The only reason to play clown is Mr.Puddles.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079184#Comment_1079184

    You think people mori-spam for that reason? People mostly mori-spam to BM. If you want to lock a survivor in place with a mori, people will do gens. If he's the last survivor, he'll bleed out eventually, so letting the last survivor bleed out, mori or not, should be bannable then. If he's waiting for the DS, he might just mori him and that's it.

    Can you think a real and practical reason why mori-spamming could give the killer any advantage? Because it doesn't make sense to me.

    Of course, if it's just BM, then you should also ban tbagging and "clicky clicky".

    Why are you trying to defend it and justify it? Either way it’s toxic.

    Nobody ever said tbagging was good anyway before you throw that back at me.

  • @Almo said:

    It is possible to mori-spam and lock a Survivor in place indefinitely. That is what's bannable.

    But with t bagging and clicky flashlight you can lock a killer into a permanent state of insecurity!

  • @Almo said:

    It is possible to mori-spam and lock a Survivor in place indefinitely. That is what's bannable.

    post game racism and insults by a 4man swf group who tbagged whole game with flashlight is fine though right? thanks bhvr for this very healthy gaming experience :)!

  • @Almo said:

    The bleed-out timer pauses during the mori trigger, meaning it can last a long, long time. Far longer than 4 minutes.

    Well, that "should" be easy to fix, right? Just don't pause it and don't let the killer be able to cancel it if the survivors is 10 seconds away from bleeding out (edge case).

    Also, you can make the killer finish the progress bar before the animation starts. That way it won't be BM. You could even make the survivor move freely, and when the killer confirms the mori, take him back to the original position and start the animation.

    Just brainstorming here, but the problem seems to be technical and you should be able to fix it, banning people should not really be the solution.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079196#Comment_1079196

    Why are you trying to defend it and justify it? Either way it’s toxic.

    Nobody ever said tbagging was good anyway before you throw that back at me.

    Well, banning mori-spam and not banning tbag seems bias. You either ban both or don't ban either. I'm not defending anything, just trying to be fair for both sides, since both are toxic behaviour that I wish the game didn't have.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079220#Comment_1079220

    Well, that "should" be easy to fix, right? Just don't pause it and don't let the killer be able to cancel it if the survivors is 10 seconds away from bleeding out (edge case).

    Also, you can make the killer finish the progress bar before the animation starts. That way it won't be BM. You could even make the survivor move freely, and when the killer confirms the mori, take him back to the original position.

    Just brainstorming here, but the problem seems to be technical and should be fixable, banning people shoulnd not really be the solution.

    I edited my post while you were typing. :) It's been changed from the old behavior, so you can't keep them there indefinitely anymore.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079234#Comment_1079234

    I edited my post while you were typing. :) It's been changed from the old behavior, so you can't keep them there indefinitely anymore.

    Ok great. Thanks for clarifying that.

    So, to close this issue, it should not be bannable anymore, right?

  • @Coder Mori Spam falls under griefing and is bannable under those circumstances if it continues for a prolonged time, because there's nothing a survivor can do to prevent that griefing and there's no other reason for the killer to do it, other than annoy the survivor.

  • I play clown for santa clown

  • @Mandy said:

    @Coder Mori Spam falls under griefing and is bannable under those circumstances if it continues for a prolonged time, because there's nothing a survivor can do to prevent that griefing and there's no other reason for the killer to do it, other than annoy the survivor.

    Thanks for your reply Mandy, but as I stated before, if that "griefing" overlaps with the the bleed out timer, I don't see the issue, since it's the same as killing all survivors and slugging the last one to death. There's nothing he can do if you follow him and close the hatch and he doesn't have or has used his unbreakable. And even if he uses it, I down him again. And I don't have any reason to do that other than annoying him. Slugging to death should be bannable too.

    Keep in mind I understand it's toxic, however there are so many toxic behaviours in this game, so many things had been said to me at the end chat, racist, sexists, insults of all kind, most of them reported and I still see these survivors ingame and it's really surprising that the only toxic behaviour to be banned is this one, the only mechanic the killer has to BM, when survivors have even more. For instance repeatedly crouching 4 times per second in front of the killer. Unless it's a huntress and you're dodging hatchets, there is no other reason to do it other than to annoy the killer.

  • @Mandy said:

    @Coder Mori Spam falls under griefing and is bannable under those circumstances if it continues for a prolonged time, because there's nothing a survivor can do to prevent that griefing and there's no other reason for the killer to do it, other than annoy the survivor.

    I disagree. Downed survivor can use Adrenaline or Unbreakable+Dead Hard. Killer is taunting downed survivor the same as survivors taunt killers in loops. Mori spam is ok.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079264#Comment_1079264

    Thanks for your reply Mandy, but as I stated before, if that "griefing" overlaps with the the bleed out timer, I don't see the issue, since it's the same as killing all survivors and slugging the last one to death. There's nothing he can do if you follow him and close the hatch and he doesn't have or has used his unbreakable. And even if he uses it, I down him again. And I don't have any reason to do that other than annoying him. Slugging to death should be bannable too.

    Keep in mind I understand it's toxic, however there are so many toxic behaviours in this game, so many things had been said to me at the end chat, racist, sexists, insults of all kind, most of them reported and I still see these survivors ingame and it's really surprising that the only toxic behaviour to be banned is this one, the only mechanic the killer has to BM, when survivors have even more. For instance repeatedly crouching 4 times per second in front of the killer. Unless it's a huntress and you're dodging hatchets, there is no other reason to do it other than to annoy the killer.

    The killer can do something about it if survivors crouch in front of them

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079297#Comment_1079297

    The killer can do something about it if survivors crouch in front of them

    not if they are at the exit gates. The only reason to do it is to annoy the killer and he can do nothing about it.

  • I'm ready to play a week of clowns with moris now.

  • Don't do this though, it's bannable. I'm all for dumb things to BM with in this game, but I also don't want people getting banned for it. If hexy can get banned for Mori cancelling then so can you so I wouldn't risk it

  • Only thing I cant grasp that if its bannable (even after slug pause change), why is it still POSSIBLE? There were million cases where I wish I could cancel a pallet break or a pick up. But mori? Why mori is cancelable?

    Thompson's house "second basement" still can trap people on second floor, and there were hundreds of reports and requests to fix it, but its still a "bannable offense" for taking the game hostage and a drag for a support team as well.

    People getting banned for devs dismissive attitude in those cases. I wish it was different.