Do you think OoO should be removed?

I think it hard counters a lot of the already weaker killers and is SWF exploitable but I've never used it myself so I can't really say too much about it. Thoughts?

Comments

  • @Flatskull I agree. Being the obsession does not alter the game in any way. With the new mechanic where the role can be juggled between survivors, it would be interesting to add some kind of debuff to the obsession..

    OoO should definitely be limited and have a cooldown. This also limits the drawback from going against stealthy killers with the perk equipped. I really like your suggestion @csandman1977. You can essentially take a snapshot of the killer at will, but with the drawback of notifying the killer.

  • OoO is one of the most broken perks in the game. In SWF it's a ######### nightmare for most killers. Even against stealth killers , Object becomes a revearse Spine Chill so you'll still know they're coming.

  • @Ashy_Slashy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072049#Comment_1072049

    Nah, some people would but most of us wouldn't. Unless they have 4 toolboxes obviously.

    Bring an Ebony mori and Franklins. That will piss them right off.

  • @PacifiedByDaylight said:

    An idea for reworking OoO:

    Supernatural bonds are between you and killer.

    Every time a killer sees an aura, you reduce this aura duration for 30/40/50% and see that aura for the reduced amount of time.

    Every time you see an aura, killer also sees that aura for 30/20/10% of its duration. If the aura reading has no time limitation, killer stops seeing it after 10/7/4 seconds.

    That would make the perk pretty meh other than bbq

  • 2 eyes = 8 eyes

    OoO with SWF ...hmmm

  • @kamisen said:

    @Flatskull I agree. Being the obsession does not alter the game in any way. With the new mechanic where the role can be juggled between survivors, it would be interesting to add some kind of debuff to the obsession..

    OoO should definitely be limited and have a cooldown. This also limits the drawback from going against stealthy killers with the perk equipped. I really like your suggestion @csandman1977. You can essentially take a snapshot of the killer at will, but with the drawback of notifying the killer.

    I have to disagree about obsession not altering the game in any way. Unless you are strictly speaking to survivor side. As killer, one obsession, whether from a perk you bring or survivor, changes how you play. Puts the fear of DS in the back of your mind all game. Yes you can fear rancor, but with 1 generator done you can rule that out.

  • I main Trapper and say leave it be. OoO gives me plenty of info as well. They tend to be the first one out, not because I tunnel them, but they are the easiest to find. Ez first kill.

    If they whine later, I just ask what they would have me do? They kept showing me a target.

  • What if object user would get exposed when using it ? The longer they look , the longer exposed lasts . Timer goes down only during chases . Your thoughts ?

  • @OrangeJack said:

    I think it hard counters a lot of the already weaker killers and is SWF exploitable but I've never used it myself so I can't really say too much about it. Thoughts?

    I can't even tell you the last time I saw anyone use that perk but no, I don't think it should be removed. With the way killers like to tunnel in this game, it's a risky perk if you don't know how to use it and aren't good at being chased. And considering how often I see freaking Ghostface, the most boring and predictable killer in the game, it's nice to have a counter to that hot pile of garbage.

  • I run it in most of my survivor games and it doesn't trigger me when I play killer, so I wouldn't like to see it changed. I do understand why some people hate it though

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072176#Comment_1072176

    I have to disagree about obsession not altering the game in any way. Unless you are strictly speaking to survivor side. As killer, one obsession, whether from a perk you bring or survivor, changes how you play. Puts the fear of DS in the back of your mind all game. Yes you can fear rancor, but with 1 generator done you can rule that out.

    Yes, I was speaking from a survivor point of view! The only potential downside is (as you pointed out) rancor.

  • If you asked about the old OoO, I would've said yes. Now though? No. It can stay. It's garbage against stealth killers and Dark Devotion. I'm good. : )

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070639#Comment_1070639

    Why shouldn't the stealth killer see OoO? You said yourself you're looking for fun chases. Doesn't get more 'fun' than that. Plus, it's only when they're undetected. GF is out of his power or Pig is running around, you can see them just fine.

    A fun chase is different from ghostface freely sneaking around and cheesing out insta-downs while I'm doing a gen, going for a save or healing a teammate. Maybe that's fun when playing killer but I like a lil bit of reaction time before a red circle appears out of nowhere and gf (still having no terror radius) popping out of nowhere and swinging on me.

    Your comment doesn't make sense because the point of Ghostface's power is to sneak, stalk and not have to chase. OoO was a nice counterplay at the risk of always being seen by the killer.

  • @Purr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070069#Comment_1070069

    i think they should have it so killer see's the survivor no matter what and survivor see's the killer no matter what equal balance

    long as ur looking in their direction i mean

    This is how it has worked on EW1 michael since his release and what I assumed would happen with every killer but for some reason, it didn't.

    That was also weird cause the wraith was already in the game, yet OoO revealed him when cloaked but not michael? Why would they not have that work for both stealth killers in the game at that time?

    Either way i agree with you, as a survivor, I'd rather it just block both auras rather than punish survivors for using a unique and fun perk with free one sided wall hacks for killers.

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070845#Comment_1070845

    A fun chase is different from ghostface freely sneaking around and cheesing out insta-downs while I'll doing a gen, going for a save or healing a teammate. Maybe that's fun when playing killer but I like a lil bit of reaction time before a red circle appears out of nowhere and gf (still having no terror radius) popping out of nowhere and swinging on me.

    OoO doesn't have counterplay, aside from stealth killers, though. Again, you said you use it since you're looking for a chase. That wastes a killers time. Either the killer tunnels you to death, which is usually a lost game, or they ignore you, and have to deal with you telling your team everything they're doing. That's not counterplay.

    GF may put a cramp in that style, but that's one killer. OoO is just annoying for most everybody, and detrimental to Trapper and, a lesser extent, Hag.

  • they should limit the distance you can see to like realllly close, so its just good for helping with loops

  • They need to completely change the perk. It’s so insanely powerful that it’s not even funny honestly.

1 2 ›