Scott junds gen slowdown video devs look at this

https://youtu.be/LVnWIe-5Lcs

I agree with this 100% this would help killers out so much it would also let devs continue making bigger maps I see no downsides to this -also to make it to where it can’t be cheesed by wraith- just put a 120 timer on it thus giving the killer time to find someone without being gen rushed right off the bat

Comments

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    I appreciate what he's trying to suggest, but if this was to implemented, se might as well make solo survivors start the trial already on hook.

    Why?

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    I appreciate what he's trying to suggest, but if this was to implemented, se might as well make solo survivors start the trial already on hook.

    Why? Because all killers stand a chance on all maps?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073618#Comment_1073618

    Stealth gameplay is intended, and don't play killer if you don't like hide and seek.

    Never said I didn't like stealth gameplay.

    If you actually like to jump off that high horse of yours and talk without being condescending maybe I could have explained that to you.

    In essence a lot of gameplay styles are intended doesn't mean people cannot find them annoying.

    Slugging is an intended feature. However, if somebody found it annoying. Spouting off don't play survivor if you don't like it is probably the most idiotic thing you could ever do.

    Hope this message reaches you from your high horse and hope when you eventually fall down from it. It doesn't hurt too much.

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073648#Comment_1073648

    Never said I didn't like stealth gameplay.

    If you actually like to jump off that high horse of yours and talk without being condescending maybe I could have explained that to you.

    In essence a lot of gameplay styles are intended doesn't mean people cannot find them annoying.

    Slugging is an intended feature. However, if somebody found it annoying. Spouting off don't play survivor if you don't like it is probably the most idiotic thing you could ever do.

    Hope this message reaches you from your high horse and hope when you eventually fall down from it. It doesn't hurt too much.

    Why should someone play a game they don't like? Also note: "if", it's a word with actual meaning at times.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073846#Comment_1073846

    Why should someone play a game they don't like? Also note: "if", it's a word with actual meaning at times.

    You should check out the search function about nurse pre nerf and see that all survivors agreed that stealth is not an option.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068942#Comment_1068942

    That's true, but as I explained above, it's also missing the point. Survivors shouldn't have to wait for the killer to start making progress on their objective, or go out of their way to make that happen, before they can make any meaningful headway with their own.

    The current system allows survivors to make headway on their objective without any killer interaction, i.e., before the killer has gained any ground on theirs. Seems like player agency and choice is only allowed for survivors.

    Got it.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068896#Comment_1068896

    I agree that killer/survivor interaction is healthy, but I don't believe it should come at the cost of what we might call player freedom or agency. The point - at least, my point - is that players shouldn't be forced to play the game a certain way, at any stage. If stealth is a mechanic in your game, if you have dozens of perks dedicated to pulling it off, you shouldn't be actively discouraging players from employing it. As I said, I think the concept has merit, I would just like to see it adjusted to be less punishing on those who enjoy and design their builds around stealth play, while still remaining enjoyable for the killer, if such a thing is possible.

    Scott says they would dim the lights in the early phase so there is kind of a buff here? In that regard.

    I think it’s something that’s need to be implemented first before stealth is also buffed... i.e. create new perks that’d give a reward in the early game if played stealthily... such as you can do a generator at normal speed and the killer doesn’t know which or maybe that’s added to a current perk like de ja vu.

    It’s not possible to add stuff to perks or add perks if the phase isn’t in existence first.

    If there is purely 4 stealth survivors in a match and no one intends to show up early to the killer (which most games I imagine would have a survivor willing to do this to cut down the killers preparation) then beating the timer could add some kind of reward but it’s hard to say what aside from blood-points but maybe aura immunity for brief time. As cruel as it could be as a concept - the killers perks could de-activate for a period of time for failing to find anyone.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068804#Comment_1068804

    I think his idea has potential, but I also agree with you that stealth play needs to be considered. The main flaw I can see in Scott's argument is that he's assuming chases are what makes the game fun to play, for both sides. For a killer, I would generally agree with him, but there are some survivors who actually have the most fun playing stealthily, evading the killer, and doing generators to feel useful. I know because I'm one of them.

    Interaction with other players is what makes the game fun, which is why stealth is as fun for some survivors as chases are for others, but it's not fun for the killer if they don't know that they're interacting with the survivors. So the question is, is there a way to (a) adjust this idea so that it's equally rewarding for stealthy players as aggressive ones, and (b) make playing against stealth-inclined survivors less boring for the killer?

    So enjoy your stealth play, odds are he's chasing one survivor at a time and if it's not you all the better. If anything this is a good idea because it promote some sort of strategizing. Survivors can chat before a round, killers can't. So you can set up something like a point man (someone who enjoys chases) to purposefully end the early game faster and loop the killer while you guys get gens. This actually opens up so much potential to keep this game fresh and fun going forward.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068836#Comment_1068836

    So enjoy your stealth play, odds are he's chasing one survivor at a time and if it's not you all the better. If anything this is a good idea because it promote some sort of strategizing. Survivors can chat before a round, killers can't. So you can set up something like a point man (someone who enjoys chases) to purposefully end the early game faster and loop the killer while you guys get gens. This actually opens up so much potential to keep this game fresh and fun going forward.

    Did you not read the first line of my comment where I also said I thought it was a good idea? I was just suggesting ways I thought it could be improved. Good ideas don't always have to be accepted at face value.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068946#Comment_1068946

    The current system allows survivors to make headway on their objective without any killer interaction, i.e., before the killer has gained any ground on theirs. Seems like player agency and choice is only allowed for survivors.

    Got it.

    Not only is that not what I said, I've answered this argument earlier in the thread. I didn't say it was a problem that killers could make headway on their objective before survivors can on theirs, I said it was a problem that survivors should have to go out of their way to give the killer objective progress before being able to make meaningful progress on their own, and I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed. Please read what I say more carefully before you start putting words in my mouth.

  • Bump because i want the "other" devs and more people thought about the idea

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073903#Comment_1073903

    Not only is that not what I said, I've answered this argument earlier in the thread. I didn't say it was a problem that killers could make headway on their objective before survivors can on theirs, I said it was a problem that survivors should have to go out of their way to give the killer objective progress before being able to make meaningful progress on their own, and I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed. Please read what I say more carefully before you start putting words in my mouth.

    Except they can still make progress on generators in this phase per the suggestion, it would just be slower progress until said interaction occurs. Don't you think it's more than meaningful progress if, currently, survivors can make 3 gens worth of progress relatively quick and safely?

  • I agree with this video whole heartedly but i would also add that if a killer stalks or "reads a survivors aura" in anyway the trial begins as well so that they cant get a cheesy stalk etc, And give killers a 25% movement speed bonus until any of the prior mentioned things happen aka Chase begins, first hit, stalk, being within 4m of a survivor.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068824#Comment_1068824

    Unfortunately for people who do enjoy stealth, the game does not really function with stealth as a good idea. Its high risk medium reward, while looping is low risk high reward.

    For example, even if you are on a gen and you try to hide the millisecond you hear a terror radius begin, you have like 6 seconds to get where you're trying to go before the killer is at the spot you were. Because you're being stealthy, you didn't run, so you're not moving very far in that 6 seconds at all. Any good killer is going to know the areas to check, knowing someone was just on this generator.

    Then, if you're caught, you're dead, as opposed to a looper who is always trying to make distance from the killer. Sometimes stealthy players do evade me. Most of the time, I catch them in a complete dead area because they chose to hide there instead of using the other defensive mechanics of the game.

    There's nothing wrong with that playstyle, but it is definitely objectively weaker than looping against good killers.

    Also, in the scenario, if you're fleeing every time you hear the faintest heart beat, the 15 times the killer isn't actually coming to you you're spending time not doing generators and generally being useless.

    @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://youtu.be/LVnWIe-5Lcs

    I agree with this 100% this would help killers out so much it would also let devs continue making bigger maps I see no downsides to this -also to make it to where it can’t be cheesed by wraith- just put a 120 timer on it thus giving the killer time to find someone without being gen rushed right off the bat

    I like that idea in general, since i would love to experience longer games but the problem i see here is that this is just a straight buff with no downside for killers, especially for Trapper, Myers, Plague and Hag. None of these killers really need that strong of a buff.

    If survivors get something in return, i would give this idea a +1, other then that, it is not a serious idea that can be considered.

    On top of that, stealth people will suffer the most. And these kind of guys already suffer enough.

  • I love this "Solution" i hope we get this changes

  • I don't get people complaining about stealth in this case. It'd literally only be an early game nerf that only works if the entire team wants to play stealthy and honestly it requires little to no skill with certain maps/setups so I wouldn't mind it.

    Anything that discourages people from mindlessly hiding and encourages them to hide when the killer is actively wasting time on them is a good thing for game health.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068849#Comment_1068849

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127571/scott-junds-gen-slowdown-video-devs-look-at-this

    I like that idea in general, since i would love to experience longer games but the problem i see here is that this is just a straight buff with no downside for killers, especially for Trapper, Myers, Plague and Hag. None of these killers really need that strong of a buff.

    If survivors get something in return, i would give this idea a +1, other then that, it is not a serious idea that can be considered.

    On top of that, stealth people will suffer the most. And these kind of guys already suffer enough.

    I would argue that their teammates suffer the most, when you say stealth I would argue only 1/10 people who play immersive play it “correctly,” avoiding the killer When he’s close is definitely a great skill but you have to do SOMETHING else to help the team. People who spend 90% of their game in a locker or crouched behind a tree even when the killer is on the other side of the map are a detriment. Unless you’re meming with friends this is just unfair to your team.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077649#Comment_1077649

    I would argue that their teammates suffer the most, when you say stealth I would argue only 1/10 people who play immersive play it “correctly,” avoiding the killer When he’s close is definitely a great skill but you have to do SOMETHING else to help the team. People who spend 90% of their game in a locker or crouched behind a tree even when the killer is on the other side of the map are a detriment. Unless you’re meming with friends this is just unfair to your team.

    I mean, yea you are right, its not effective, and i am the last person in DbD that would ever play stealthy (i find it boring and uneffective aswell). But many do it, and this would be a very hard nerf for their playstyle.

    On top of that, this is maybe just a "relative" small nerf for the best survivors, but a hardcore nerf for beginners or unexperienced players. Its hard for them already to get into the game, they can not make it even harder.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077731#Comment_1077731

    I mean, yea you are right, its not effective, and i am the last person in DbD that would ever play stealthy (i find it boring and uneffective aswell). But many do it, and this would be a very hard nerf for their playstyle.

    On top of that, this is maybe just a "relative" small nerf for the best survivors, but a hardcore nerf for beginners or unexperienced players. Its hard for them already to get into the game, they can not make it even harder.

    New players take forever to get on gens as is lmao. This wouldn't affect them.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073846#Comment_1073846

    Why should someone play a game they don't like? Also note: "if", it's a word with actual meaning at times.

    Because you can have frustration with a game or certain elements of that game but not hate the game enough to stop playing it.

    I find it annoying when people forget that Line of Sight is a thing for healers in overwatch. Doesn't mean I'm not going to play the game but I will still address my grievance with it.


    What you're doing literally add nothing to the discussion and is about as useful as the criticism you don't like a game because you're not good at it.

  • LMAO so he wants to punish stealth gameplay.. 50 % less repair speed untill I find someone.. ok then survivors who are trying to be stealth now are punished . LMAO what a joke of a soloutioun from a man complaining yet he 4k's 90% of his games on live stream

  • the only time killers have problem is when they verse some really really good veteran runners who are swf with discord. other than that the game is just fine. and I presented a soloution to swf vs killer games as well couple hours ago in general discussions

  • i agree with the warmup but i was last match with clown in autohaven and clown doesnt have mobility, when i found the nea was early in match but after the hook until i get to a gen 3 gens popped, so i think for balance the warmup should regress with a timer like 25% penalty to 0% in 1 minute and a half, is better.

  • i like the idea. too bad scott doesn't work for bhvr.

  • This idea has merits, but is fundamentally BROKEN!

    Why is it broken? Because the chase mechanic is 100% unreliable. Why do you think Mend no longer uses it. Instead, change the mechanic to Pause when a player is downed. When any downed player gets up, the mechanic Resumes in full effect. The only way to permanently End the effect, is to hook a survivor. Once the first survivor is hooked, and the Pause/End phase-out is over, the game plays as it currently does.

    Pause/End should linearly phase-out the mechanic over 15 seconds, while Resume should phase-in the mechanic within 1 second. That is how you balance the mechanic, and there would not be any possible way to abuse it.

  • Honestly I like Scott's idea. Survivors don't need something in return for the killers having some time to set up or find someone. They have 4 people and already control most of the game from the outset. Giving some killers time to set their traps or find a survivor means you don't have 2-3 gens popping before you've managed to do anything as killer and you spend the rest of the game just playing whack-a-mole with gens while whoever you're not chasing off a gen is still completing their objectives usually.

  • So remove one crutch and add another.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1078699#Comment_1078699

    Right now as it stands, 3 to 4 survivors will literally spawn on a gen and get it done before you can even find anybody. Old Ruin somewhat counteracted this. And your complaint is "omg we can't stealth" which isn't even true, and only really effects the very beginning of the match. The rest of the game there is literally no change. You sound incredibly jaded. Just because Scott is good at killer, doesn't mean the game isn't fundamentally flawed in many areas.

    What would your suggestions be then? Or do you think the game is perfect? You seem to think the game is perfect as long as you can stealth around LOL

    Im def not the stealth type of a player. however the majority of solo causal red rank survivors are

    so I was concerned about this.

    secondly, I don't find him the best killer ! hell I think Im better than him at this game too.

    and to answer your question about the game I'll give you a short answer.

    it's only un-playable for killers when you verse 4 vets with discord.

1 … 3 4 5 ›