Ruin Rework was Brilliant

Since the ruin rework, I've noticed that the killers remaining in the high ranks are exceptionally good and have forced me to improve how I played as a survivor. I'm seeing a lot of unique perk combinations I never really saw and it's making me rethink a lot of my own builds.

When I play SWF (Much lower rank survivor players) I can tell that the average skill level of killers has also increased.

Getting rid of the training wheels has been a good decision so far.

Change is good.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060927#Comment_1060927

    That's nice dear.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060929#Comment_1060929

    Your opinion is irrelevant to me.

    But that hasn't stopped you from sharing it though, has it?

    Fascinating.

    I know, right. And for someone that's claiming not to value others opinion's it certainly has not stopped you from responding.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060914#Comment_1060914

    I do not need to consider further. He stated he would ignore others opinions. If he has heard it all before why bother making a thread. Why do you care anyway?

    Hmm I'm just speculating. It's fun to do.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060933#Comment_1060933

    Being biased and uninterested in the diatribe from the unwashed masses with their lack of nuance are two different things.

    :)

    Show me your statistics and or facts for these "masses"? Oh right, you don't care.

  • image.png

    This thread has run its course for me.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    Since the ruin rework, I've noticed that the killers remaining in the high ranks are exceptionally good and have forced me to improve how I played as a survivor. I'm seeing a lot of unique perk combinations I never really saw and it's making me rethink a lot of my own builds.

    When I play SWF (Much lower rank survivor players) I can tell that the average skill level of killers has also increased.

    Getting rid of the training wheels has been a good decision so far.

    Change is good.

    I think so too, its so much fun to play as survivor against actually good killer who dont got carried by ruin.

    I realized how attached I was myself to ruin too, but with the rework I tried other alternative builds and it actually worked better then I thought! For example corrupt intervention with surge, or dying light and pop goes. There are some pretty neat combinations and not just with anti-gen builds.

    Yesterday for example a nemesis, dark devotion/unrelenting legion rekt us, that was so funny and unexpected.

  • No need to speculate further. He has no facts to back his argument other than his own observations. His opinion is biased and has no care or consideration for other people's opinion even if a logical point is made against him. In short it's pointless and he's a waste of time even considering. He can continue to troll as he likes, but I'm done with this thread.

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060952#Comment_1060952

    No need to speculate further. He has no facts to back his argument other than his own observations. His opinion is biased and has no care or consideration for other people's opinion even if a logical point is made against him. In short it's pointless and he's a waste of time even considering. He can continue to troll as he likes, but I'm done with this thread.

    Aren't we all

  • @Calabrum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060952#Comment_1060952

    No need to speculate further. He has no facts to back his argument other than his own observations. His opinion is biased and has no care or consideration for other people's opinion even if a logical point is made against him. In short it's pointless and he's a waste of time even considering. He can continue to troll as he likes, but I'm done with this thread.

    Took a while for you to get the hint that you're not entitled to anything from me. I don't care if you agree and I don't care if you like my opinion.


    What YOU wanted out of this is not my problem and I have zero interest in catering to you. I'm glad you finally got the hint and are leaving the thread. You offered extremely little to this conversation.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060893#Comment_1060893

    I'm not interested in your opinion or if people agree with me or not.

    You're not entitled to be taken seriously by me either.

    I made a post with my own observation and some disagreed / didn't like it. That's not my problem either.

    There's absolutely zero nuance in the responses contradicting me anyway, so since I've made this post; I feel even more adamant that I'm correct in my stance.

    If your games are more challenging now, could that also be caused by more potato teammates being pushed to rank 1? The people who use to have gen phobia and would urban evade around the map looking for ruin until they die... are ranking up and joining your lobby. Them going down quickly doesn't necessarily mean the killers are better, but is likely a mixture of both.

    As far as not caring about other opinions... If you flag your post and tell a mod to close it after making your initial post, you won't be bugged with notifications that you don't care to read and noone will confuse your intentions in thinking you wanted feedback.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    Not a single Fog Whisperer that I watch on Twitch shares any of your complaints. The other red rank killers on stream, also do not share any of these "complaints."

    These forums are a good barometer for hubris being higher than skill and it's relatively easy to pinpoint what ego looks like when its been rebalanced to match the skill level.

    Yeah that's because most streamer get to play the game more that's why. I work 12hrs a day so how I am suppose invest all my time trying to be pro. I'm not complaining but you can't use the streamer excuse most play The for a living so.

    No crap they're real good. What about player who only play 1-6 games a Day. I'm a red rank killer in I get burnt out after play 2 to 4 sweaty games in the role.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060928#Comment_1060928

    If your games are more challenging now, could that also be caused by more potato teammates being pushed to rank 1? The people who use to have gen phobia and would urban evade around the map looking for ruin until they die... are ranking up and joining your lobby. Them going down quickly doesn't necessarily mean the killers are better, but is likely a mixture of both.

    As far as not caring about other opinions... If you flag your post and tell a mod to close it after making your initial post, you won't be bugged with notifications that you don't care to read and noone will confuse your intentions in thinking you wanted feedback.

    Let me rephrase:

    I care very little for opinions that lack nuance or come off as entitled / emotionally imbalanced. There are several who offer absolutely nothing to these conversations and have a thread history of behaving exactly like Calabrum.

    That being said, my opinion and observations won't change; so arguing with me is pointless. I did however appreciate your perspective.

  • @MrGummeBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060710#Comment_1060710

    Yeah that's because most streamer get to play the game more that's why. I work 12hrs a day so how I am suppose invest all my time trying to be pro. I'm not complaining but you can't use the streamer excuse most play The for a living so.

    No crap they're real good. What about player who only play 1-6 games a Day. I'm a red rank killer in I get burnt out after play 2 to 4 sweaty games in the role.

    Honestly, this right here is why I think Red Ranks should be significantly harder to achieve. Like the Starcraft ranking system, Red Ranks should be considered "Grand Master" - in order to help avoid the burnout factor you're talking about.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060653#Comment_1060653

    I used ruin to have FUN, I can apply pressure easily as I main Oni, but its not fun for me or the other side to slug. And watching streamers don't help because they are PC players.

    When the update dropped, I ran ruin trying to find a tech with it that made this Hex actually worthy of the title without needing other perks to help it, I couldn't.

    And before someone throws the "just split chase", the killer role is called killer, not quitter.

    Throw the "Git Gud", yeah getting good with this ranking system and emblem system isn't fun either, as I will literally lose and I will safety pip

    You know I have ruin and my main has it (The Shape) and I can say I almost never used it for the fact that there were other perks I thought were better than it and I did just fine I got to rank 5 without it which proves you don’t need a perk to carry you to the higher ranks maybe test out your own ideas with perks and see what fun stuff you can make

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060991#Comment_1060991

    Let me rephrase:

    I care very little for opinions that lack nuance or come off as entitled / emotionally imbalanced. There are several who offer absolutely nothing to these conversations and have a thread history of behaving exactly like Calabrum.

    That being said, my opinion and observations won't change; so arguing with me is pointless. I did however appreciate your perspective.

    Then you must not like many of your own posts in this thread. None of them are nuanced nor are they unbiased. In fact, after reading this thread, it seems as if you feel entitled to express your opinion while ignoring others.

    If you are so adamant about people not being able to change your mind, why post this thread in the first place? You talk about others not offering anything to the discussion, yet you’ve done the same.

  • If you play mean as killer, it almost shouldn't matter what your build is, you can 4k.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061005#Comment_1061005

    Then you must not like many of your own posts in this thread. None of them are nuanced nor are they unbiased. In fact, after reading this thread, it seems as if you feel entitled to express your opinion while ignoring others.

    If you are so adamant about people not being able to change your mind, why post this thread in the first place? You talk about others not offering anything to the discussion, yet you’ve done the same.

    So here again, I really don't care what you think :)

    But you're welcome to share your diatribe all you'd like. I don't mind.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061045#Comment_1061045

    So here again, I really don't care what you think :)

    But you're welcome to share your diatribe all you'd like. I don't mind.

    Obviously, you cared enough to respond.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060991#Comment_1060991

    Let me rephrase:

    I care very little for opinions that lack nuance or come off as entitled / emotionally imbalanced. There are several who offer absolutely nothing to these conversations and have a thread history of behaving exactly like Calabrum.

    That being said, my opinion and observations won't change; so arguing with me is pointless. I did however appreciate your perspective.

    Typically it's always good to be open to feedback when posting threads. Personally, I've been having decent results with new ruin when I use it, but I can understand why it can feel like a kick in the teeth. Devs recently hit Freddy's slowdown add-ons and made it known they're looking to make slowdown effects not work together, while survivor speed up add-ons and perks are unhampered. Very much makes it seem like this isn't the last we'll see of it, but... We'll have to wait and see.

    Sidenote, if your checking post history, you'll likely notice a pattern on many of my threads. I typically end it with "thoughts?" or pose the title as a question in an effort to start a conversation rather than just acting to end it. Saying "you can't change my mind" is likely to just result in you effectly speaking to a wall instead of people. While it's true that you have super bias people on both sides here... Your effectly killing conversation with anyone.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    Translation:

    Lots of egos are still bruised because they refuse to find a way to play better. Lots of entitled players think they deserve to be R1-3 because they've clocked a lot of hours in the game.

    Spoiler Alert: if you depending on Ruin to get you that far and you refuse to adjust, you probably aren't half as good as you're convinced you are.

    The re-work was brilliant for the rest of us. The re-work has created an entire new meta and opened up a wide array of combos that make the game more challenging and exciting for both survivors and killers.

    There's nothing that will change my mind, so arguing with me is pointless.

    Wow bud, you sure you aren't a Dev with those earplugs in?

    Ruin was a band-aid for other bad gameplay elements. One thing it did was make ######### killers playable and ones that needed some setup time somewhat more viable. The only substitute for this is now Corrupt, but a mild inconvenience is a lot less effective than a big, albeit inconsistent one. The gradient for effective killer characters is more stark than ever now, so good luck playing anyone other than the top 3 at rank 1. But, I guess rank doesn't mean much anymore on the survivor side now does it?

  • @wisdomwielder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060769#Comment_1060769

    Wow bud, you sure you aren't a Dev with those earplugs in?

    Ruin was a band-aid for other bad gameplay elements. One thing it did was make ######### killers playable and ones that needed some setup time somewhat more viable. The only substitute for this is now Corrupt, but a mild inconvenience is a lot less effective than a big, albeit inconsistent one. The gradient for effective killer characters is more stark than ever now, so good luck playing anyone other than the top 3 at rank 1. But, I guess rank doesn't mean much anymore on the survivor side now does it?

    What does ruin do if survivors always hit greats?

  • Noob observation

  • I think the ruin change came at a bad time. While it was a good change it definitely wasn't a good time to release it.

    1. Matchmaking is broken
    2. Most maps are very unbalanced
    3. Tool boxes and other perks needed looking into (I'm aware they're working on tool boxes right now)
    4. Generator speed? I'm not so sure about that one.

    They should have released this new change when the game was healthy enough to take it.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061003#Comment_1061003

    Honestly, this right here is why I think Red Ranks should be significantly harder to achieve. Like the Starcraft ranking system, Red Ranks should be considered "Grand Master" - in order to help avoid the burnout factor you're talking about.

    That would be nice to have a Starcraft type ranking system for the game. I think that would work well.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    I think the ruin change came at a bad time. While it was a good change it definitely wasn't a good time to release it.

    1. Matchmaking is broken
    2. Most maps are very unbalanced
    3. Tool boxes and other perks needed looking into (I'm aware they're working on tool boxes right now)
    4. Generator speed? I'm not so sure about that one.

    They should have released this new change when the game was healthy enough to take it.

    Agreed.

    I don't even know why everyone's complaining when it breaks in the first minute either way 😂.

    Overall this game is so hard to balance by nature that it's hard for the devs not to rely on statistics instead of anecdotal evidence.

  • Yeah sure, it's not like that even good killers like Tru3 or Otz that play game daily struggle with "fun" and "diverse" builds for killers and have to tunnel and slug to pressure survivors which is not fun for them. It's not like that nowadays if they win and 4k they do it, because they meet "red ranks" survivors.

    I try to watch them daily and the thing I start to see is that usually survivors they fight against lose, because they play more like green rank than red rank.

    While Ruin change made some killer players to fall of (which is good/bad thing, depends on perspective), this change also made weak survivors red ranks, which is beginning to be a plague of some sort and that makes data even more unreliable.

    Toolboxes became more common which makes games for survivors even easier for survivors, I just watched one of Otz's games and oh boy, even tho he played Billy (one of the strongest killers) with uncommon build (your beloved diversity in builds) he still lost 2 gens IN FRONT OF HIM WHILE DOING PRESSURE and lost 3rd one while just downing and hooking one survivor and then going to the survivors at the next end of the map (they had only 2 toolboxes btw). If one of the best killers if not best is struggling, then there might be a tini tiny problem...

    Let's play against only few killers with green ranks in disguise of red ranks survivors, it will be fun for sure.

    In my opinion, this change is slowly showing of which side is really the power role and have easier time piping and climbing up to red ranks (all hail DS, DH, Adrenaline, BT, Unbreakable and toolboxes!).

    I know you probably will say "I dont care what you think" BUT hey, you posted this on forum, so now enjoy feedback and discussion, because that's what forums are for btw.

  • @Predator3174PL said:

    Yeah sure, it's not like that even good killers like Tru3 or Otz that play game daily struggle with "fun" and "diverse" builds for killers and have to tunnel and slug to pressure survivors which is not fun for them. It's not like that nowadays if they win and 4k they do it, because they meet "red ranks" survivors.

    I try to watch them daily and the thing I start to see is that usually survivors they fight against lose, because they play more like green rank than red rank.

    While Ruin change made some killer players to fall of (which is good/bad thing, depends on perspective), this change also made weak survivors red ranks, which is beginning to be a plague of some sort and that makes data even more unreliable.

    Toolboxes became more common which makes games for survivors even easier for survivors, I just watched one of Otz's games and oh boy, even tho he played Billy (one of the strongest killers) with uncommon build (your beloved diversity in builds) he still lost 2 gens IN FRONT OF HIM WHILE DOING PRESSURE and lost 3rd one while just downing and hooking one survivor and then going to the survivors at the next end of the map (they had only 2 toolboxes btw). If one of the best killers if not best is struggling, then there might be a tini tiny problem...

    Let's play against only few killers with green ranks in disguise of red ranks survivors, it will be fun for sure.

    In my opinion, this change is slowly showing of which side is really the power role and have easier time piping and climbing up to red ranks (all hail DS, DH, Adrenaline, BT, Unbreakable and toolboxes!).

    I know you probably will say "I dont care what you think" BUT hey, you posted this on forum, so now enjoy feedback and discussion, because that's what forums are for btw.

    Pipping doesn't matter, fun builds shouldn't be easy to win with, it's why we have meta builds.

  • Ruin rework was needed but the game has a lot of problems aside from Killer Perks.

    I would not call any of the recent changes to the game "brilliant".

    I laughed hard at your "Want Red rank? Sweat for it" when I have to use all my attention on any given Killer match to get a PIP, struggling a lot in low Purples because of the matchmaking and me not being very good while on Survivor I'm at Reds without even realizing until today being possibly the worst survivor on planet Earth.

    Your "SC Grandmaster" thing would only worsen the already terrible matchmaking/queue times and I'm simply stunned on how you would not notice this kind of problem.

    This is a glorified party game, with the exception of being able to start with tools so powerful at your disposal (NOED, old Ruin, DS, DH, BT, Toolboxes, extremely overtuned add-ons) that sometimes you'll need very little decision making ability. Please do not compare this game or its ranking system to a RTS, I think it hinders your thought process.

    Have a nice day.

  • @TheBilldozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060647#Comment_1060647

    Sounds like you really depended on ruin.

    I suggest you watch some streamers that are -actually- good and learn from them.

    The same good streamers that you are saying are criticizing the gens speed and saying that is too hardy play by killer now :)

  • I'M GOING TO WARN YOU ALL - PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH IT OR NOT!

    Feel free to discuss the topic, but keep the insults and personal attacks out of it!

  • OK seeing as I had to delete the very next comment after I warned you all, I'm closing this here. Sadly quite a few of you can't seem to accept other people may have a differing opinion and are unable to have a discussion civilly.

1 2 ›