This is getting out of hand

This game Is unbearable at the moment, playing as killer is horrible because gens can get done in less than 5 minutes which sucks.

Then when playing survivor a lot of killers have started to camp which is so fun to go against (not )(especially when they camp you on your first hook )

I'm not saying camping isnt a valid tactic its just a snore fest going against a killer that does it.

Comments

  • @nerdguy5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122908/this-is-getting-out-of-hand

    😂 unbearable? Game is fine. I’m sorry that they didn’t build the game exactly the way you personally wanted it. My condolences

    lol okay internet tough guy

  • Take your Survivors back to Rank 1. This entire night's playing has been against deranked full T3 meta Survivors, either SWF or not, and it's getting ridiculous. How the hell am I supposed to learn how to play a Killer properly when all I get is some idiot with a flashlight, 2 toolboxes, and a medkit who all hit gens when they aren't being chased?

    I've been looped, flashlight spammed (this ######### is broken btw. How the hell do these things insta-blind when they were found in a chest?), basically just bullied all to hell, while I'm trying to learn a Killer. Take these idiots back to Rank 1 where they belong and leave the people trying to learn the game in peace to their own thing ffs.

    Thanks for creating this problem BHVR.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022042#Comment_1022042

    It's probably as fast as possible...not even the cosmetic department works as fast.

    Do you work at BHVR or do you just get hard off of shilling for them?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122908/this-is-getting-out-of-hand

    Sounds about right, killers are desperate, nothing else is working. They are doing whatever they can to squeeze some enjoyment or effectiveness out of their games because they know they can't compete.

    Okay okay, so say they all need to "git gud" okay that's fair, but if the survivors are all THAT much better and more skilled with their 4 man toolbox gen rush; why are the killers being put up against them every game? Shouldn't that killer be put against survivors more on their level so both sides have a chance?

    There is this level of ego where all the killer players don't want to admit they are struggling, that they may not be red rank killers; that the ones who are being honest and BEGGING for some assistance so that they don't lose 30 games in a row, are being chewed out by survivor mains especially, for not being good enough.

    JFC all anyone wants is a fair game, to feel like maybe they have a chance in hell, that's all, but they are being told "No, you are not allowed that" and getting toxic survivor SWF after toxic survivor SWF harassing them in the post game chat, telling them they suck and that their very real problems don't exist on the forums- so of COURSE they are going to lash out in game.

    I don't think we are at the tipping point yet, but if they keep going in this direction with the game, there is going to be a point where playing killer is going to be "You must be this skill level to be allowed to play".

    Even then...a lot of it is becoming less about skill and more about blind luck and items/offerings....Which map you land on is the biggest one.

    But what do they consider a loss.not killing all 4 or 2 escaping.

  • I've been doing fine as killer, but I also didn't use Ruin before the nerf anyways and I have no qualms about tunneling, slugging, proxying or using Moris/Strong Addons. Thankfully we have servers now so sore losers can't block you on MLGA xD

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122908/this-is-getting-out-of-hand

    Sounds about right, killers are desperate, nothing else is working. They are doing whatever they can to squeeze some enjoyment or effectiveness out of their games because they know they can't compete.

    Okay okay, so say they all need to "git gud" okay that's fair, but if the survivors are all THAT much better and more skilled with their 4 man toolbox gen rush; why are the killers being put up against them every game? Shouldn't that killer be put against survivors more on their level so both sides have a chance?

    There is this level of ego where all the killer players don't want to admit they are struggling, that they may not be red rank killers; that the ones who are being honest and BEGGING for some assistance so that they don't lose 30 games in a row, are being chewed out by survivor mains especially, for not being good enough.

    JFC all anyone wants is a fair game, to feel like maybe they have a chance in hell, that's all, but they are being told "No, you are not allowed that" and getting toxic survivor SWF after toxic survivor SWF harassing them in the post game chat, telling them they suck and that their very real problems don't exist on the forums- so of COURSE they are going to lash out in game.

    I don't think we are at the tipping point yet, but if they keep going in this direction with the game, there is going to be a point where playing killer is going to be "You must be this skill level to be allowed to play".

    Even then...a lot of it is becoming less about skill and more about blind luck and items/offerings....Which map you land on is the biggest one.

    I'm a bad killer but every time I play I get r1-4s despite being r18-20. I just stopped playing killer because that was very common.

  • @KuromiStarwind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022104#Comment_1022104

    He doesn't really have to counter any points you're making because they're all just opinions that are subjective. There are people who will disconnect on Ormond over Haddonfield these days because of how bad it is and how connected every single tile is. Whether or not you think it's an awesome map you love is equally irrelevant from a balance standpoin, since you're most assuredly wrong

    Just a fyi, immersed does this a lot. He made an entire thread with ill informed opinions on fnaf and why it shouldn't be added to dbd (feel free to agree or disagree) but when others corrected him because all of his opinions are based on misinformation he double downed with "if you can't see my opinions as valid then yours for wanting fnaf aren't valid" when the reason people wanted it is because we like the series and think it'd be fun.

    Then later tried to say he wasn't being a fun police and contradicted himself constantly after. It was funny.


    Feel free to argue with him but it's like arguing which Ninja Turtleis the best with him.

  • jUsT aPpLy PrEsSuRe, 4hEaD!

  • @underlord99 said:

    This game Is unbearable at the moment, playing as killer is horrible because gens can get done in less than 5 minutes which sucks.

    Then when playing survivor a lot of killers have started to camp which is so fun to go against (not )(especially when they camp you on your first hook )

    I'm not saying camping isnt a valid tactic its just a snore fest going against a killer that does it.

    20200130214815_1.jpg

    yeah so fun..then they complain about the "gen rush", when they actually waste time doing this instead of preventing them from doing gens.

    There are several perks that help a lot in case you didn't know to avoid the rush gene.

    -Thrilling Tremors

    -Pop Goes the Weasel

    -Discordance

    -Arises

    -Corrupt Intervention

    -Thanatophobia

    -Overcharge

    Any of these helps a lot, you just needed to create a good build. By the way, ruin is still good, especially when they play swf because they have to leave the gens to rescue others. But in ranges without color they rarely help..They prefer to hide or run around the map for no reason instead of helping others or making gens, then they insult you when you hook them instead of giving them the hatch :I

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022069#Comment_1022069

    Every killer can apply pressure. Some more than others but all are able to do at least something to pressure the survivors.

    If killers cannot pressure survivors even with high mobility killers (e.g. Hilbilly) then that is a result of a lack of skill.

    I agree with you 100%. I play killer and survivor and honestly, I have seen CLOWNS AND BUBBAS apply pressure without tunneling, slugging, camping, and noed (as survivor obviously).

    It is hard to apply good and equal pressure in a 1v4 but it isn’t impossible. Yes, it is even harder with certain killers, maps, and even combos.

    Playing killer is going to suck early game after the Ruin rework but in my experience as killer (Demogorgon, Hag, GF, main btw :) ), its better mid-late game than early. Why? Because if you can pressure the map properly, you can push for a triple gen. Less map to cover, more likely you’ll beat the survivors.

    What I do as killer is I use a 15-second rule. If I start a chase with a survivor, I try my best to land a hit. If I cannot land a hit in 15 seconds (the most I’ll go is 20 but I need to be confident that I can get them), then I move on. Why? Because I’m wasting time on ONE survivor when there’s three more making progress. If I get stunned by a pallet, I destroy it and move on (I try to waste all the good pallets so later in game, I have a better chance of catching a survivor). If you can down/ hook another survivor, then guess what? You’re applying pressure to the survivor (and all other survivors) you couldn’t catch earlier because they either have to stop working on gens to go for the save OR let their teammate die, which makes it harder to work on all gens that need to be done.

    If you’re a killer main struggling to get consistent 3-4K games, then I strongly SUGGEST you play survivor for a bit AND LEARN THE SURVIVOR MENTALITY (there’s more to it than DS, DH, Adrenaline, teabagging, and gen rushing). Observe how YOU beat/ avoid killers and use that knowledge to come up with counterplays for when you play killer.

    Gen speeds are unfair for killer, I will admit that. ( I feel like killers should have a universal passive that slows down gen progress by 10% for each survivor on the gen WHILE in the killer’s terror radius). There’s other ways to slow the game down though. Run Sloppy Butcher to slow down healing. Run Thrilling Tremors to stop progress on some gens for a short while. Run PGTW to slow down progress on a gen survivors are working on. HECK WHEN IN DOUBT, RUN NOED LOL. Survivors can’t get salty if they die to NOED because they had all game to cleanse totems but they decided to only work on gens.


    TLDR: While it is hard, it isn’t impossible to apply pressure as any killer. Best of luck to everyone out there. You can all do it! :)

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Playing killer is absolutely fine. Apply generator pressure and there isn't a problem.

    Definitely a survivor main. You are delusional

  • @Peanits please review this post and the support killers are receiving. I say this with no disrespect but I think it’s something for the team to take in.

  • Honestly, if you think the game is balanced right now as killer, then. I don't think this game is for you. This isn't a bully simulator, if you can't bully the killer, then man. The game sucks, doesn't it?


    People still think the game is 1v1. When it's a 4v1. Loops can be strong. It takes about 10-20 seconds to have a safe pallet dropped,

    It can take more than 10 seconds to bring them to a hook, too. If a SWF is just doing gens, then yeah. It is a loss. There is no such thing as applying pressure on bigger maps, as Leatherface, Ghostface, any killer with low mobility. It just doesn't work. Design is flawed. I can send you some videos of a killer doing GREAT! But still losing, because of the design. it just doesn't make sense what the logic is behind it at times.

  • @Loey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122908/this-is-getting-out-of-hand

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/392/3OXITG2V698Q.jpg

    yeah so fun..then they complain about the "gen rush", when they actually waste time doing this instead of preventing them from doing gens.

    There are several perks that help a lot in case you didn't know to avoid the rush gene.

    -Thrilling Tremors

    -Pop Goes the Weasel

    -Discordance

    -Arises

    -Corrupt Intervention

    -Thanatophobia

    -Overcharge

    Any of these helps a lot, you just needed to create a good build. By the way, ruin is still good, especially when they play swf because they have to leave the gens to rescue others. But in ranges without color they rarely help..They prefer to hide or run around the map for no reason instead of helping others or making gens, then they insult you when you hook them instead of giving them the hatch :I

    Just because one killer camps, doesn't mean every killer, lol

  • @nerdguy5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122908/this-is-getting-out-of-hand

    😂 unbearable? Game is fine. I’m sorry that they didn’t build the game exactly the way you personally wanted it. My condolences

    So, if you couldn't loop, click your flashlight, and teabag, this game isn't balanced, right? Yeah, makes sense.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052164#Comment_1052164

    Just because one killer camps, doesn't mean every killer, lol

    it's not just one,now 7 out of 10 are campers or tunnels. 🤣

  • Playing killer is god awful now I’m sick of it. The gen problem needs to be fixed ASAP

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022015#Comment_1022015

    Imagine ignoring so many variables and making such a blanket statement with no logical backing.

    https://media0.giphy.com/media/lszAB3TzFtRaU/giphy.gif

    This is how I feel about this situation.

    images (1).jpg


  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022036#Comment_1022036

    Didn’t you generalize too by saying killers should be fine “if they just apply pressure”? Just saying...

    Also even the high mobility killers like Billy can’t pressure all survivors at once at least not without slugging.

    Then why not slug when its tactically correct to do so? Get damage in whenever you can, rather than stopping everything as soon as a survivor hits the ground.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022069#Comment_1022069

    Then why not slug when its tactically correct to do so? Get damage in whenever you can, rather than stopping everything as soon as a survivor hits the ground.

    Because when you slug you still depip because BHVR "doesn't want you to play that way" so they only reward you if you hook everyone. Half the time if people DC i still depip.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059414#Comment_1059414

    Because when you slug you still depip because BHVR "doesn't want you to play that way" so they only reward you if you hook everyone. Half the time if people DC i still depip.

    Never said go for a 1 hook kill on everyone, but if you can get aggressive and push survivor into the defensive, they wont be on gens. Even if its just a matter of injuring afew before picking up your slug, its something.

  • Playing anything besides top tier killers is garbage. Mid / low tier are only viable, if you can tunnel and mori one survivor quick. Otherwise, your chances to win are not realistic.

  • @Broccoli_Jaeger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1022015#Comment_1022015

    Tell me: How do i pressure gens that are on the opposite side of the map as (for example) Bubba or Ghostface ?

    You don't....and this has been an issue for over a year, there are tons of killers who would love to ditch ruin and other slow down perks but we can't do it because of the way certain killers kits work YOU DONT HAVE TIME!!!

    You just don't, you can't teleport, you cant sprint across the map, you cant set a trap and be 2 places at once, you can't put a jigsaw box on someones head and leave them to the RNG gods. Bubba, ghostface, wraith, huntress, Myers, Clown (regardless of how great you think your throws are) cannot apply the same pressure as other killers and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

    And its just annoying because we've been over this topic already we've had these conversations already before, but things just got that much hotter because the tool people recommend to bandaid the problem is nerfed. Incredibly frustrating to see....

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Playing killer is absolutely fine. Apply generator pressure and there isn't a problem.

    Lol. What?

1 2 ›