Billy is not balanced. Please change my mind.

He is the only instadown killer that doesnt have a slower movement speed , plus with the way exit gates spawn i feel like he is almost unbeatable(like I said this is how I feel , I am more than willing to have my mind changed). I really want someone to change my mind.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    I'll give this my best go... even though these are just bait.

    Okay if you're referring to moving from gen to gen (the MS of the character) then Leather face does not have a slower MS, Oni does not have a slower MS either and Myers who has already been mentioned also does not have a slower MS (IMO the devs should tie T1 too the scratch mirror and have Mikey start out in T2 or something).... Now if you're talking about charging the chainsaw then you're also wrong about that as well, the devs did almost perfect when it came too designing Billy because you can barley tell that Billy does lose MS, he moves slower then a survivor ( I think it's 96% it's the percentage that LF should have) and it takes just over 2 seconds to charge the chainsaw (unless he's using addons) which is enough to make most windows or pallets when you're at a loop.

    You stating "you can't run a killer forever", well that'the answer to how the game should be, unfortunately the game still has killers that we can still run for years do to their inability to do anything about chases and that is the category that billy is in... If you come across someone of equal skill level as yourself at the start of the match and you follow that person, you will get looped as BIlly.

    Now am I saying Billy is low tier......NO... he still has the best map mobility in the game and with it he can catch players out of position, dead zones are actually dead zones.

    yes Billy is balanced and arguably the most balanced in the game.

    the difference between billy and Myers and oni is those two have to work for their power.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009853#Comment_1009853

    Whats your thought on Bubba then, who also has a normal movement speed and access to an instadown at all times?

    I wouldnt really compare bubba to Billy. they are both different . Billy excels in map pressure and keeping survivors on their toes while bubba.... well he's bubba?

    I mean the whole idea of his power and his perks feels like it was based on camping. though he is a fun killer to play as dodging his chainsaw is super easy especially if you know how to run around a tree lol.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010958#Comment_1010958

    the difference between billy and Myers and oni is those two have to work for their power.

    And this is the key point.

    An instadown is an incredibly powerful ability. Killers aren't designed to be getting an instadown on every hit. That's why when you look at instadowns they normally come with restrictions.

    Perks

    Haunted Grounds - One time activation, 60 second time limit

    Devour Hope - Requires 3 stacks, hex totem so likely to be taken out before it's active

    Make Your Choice - 60 second time limit, only active on one survivor at a time.

    Killers

    Myers - Has to "earn" his ability by delaying chases to stalk survivors. Ability has a time limit.

    Ghostface - Same as Myers but to a lesser degree

    Oni - Has to collect blood orbs, Ability has a time limit.

    Leatherface - Unlimited instadowns however he suffers a movement speed penalty which means he needs to get extremely close to survivors. It's more balanced as you're unlikely to pull it off in every chase when pallets are plentiful but it comes into effect later as pallets decrease. Also Bubba suffers a long penalty if he misses and a MAJOR penalty if he hits an obstacle.

    Hillbilly has no such downsides really. He has no time limit, he doesn't need to earn his power, and unlike Leatherface he barely has any penalty to his movement speed or missing attacks.

    I left out NOED because that's the one instadown ability that is BS lol.

  • Imagine how bad you have to be to complain about billy.

  • He is the best killer imo. I suggest just adding a cooldown to his chainsaw to balance him

  • @underlord99 said:

    He is the only instadown killer that doesnt have a slower movement speed , plus with the way exit gates spawn i feel like he is almost unbeatable(like I said this is how I feel , I am more than willing to have my mind changed). I really want someone to change my mind.

    I would be off balance too if I had a limp like that.

  • @Endstille said:

    Imagine how bad you have to be to complain about billy.

    It really doesn't help your argument when everyone else is giving reasons as to what they think but so far everyone in defense of Billy have just said some variant of "you're bad" "you suck" "git gud". It's not a very compelling argument.

  • @NDwight88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009853#Comment_1009853

    Exactly and ranks 15-20 really have no shot with billy. He needs some sort of rework but killer mains will lose their ######### with another nerf anytime soon.

    Camping leatherface destroys new survivors too, should we nerf him too?

  • @underlord99 said:

    He is the only instadown killer that doesnt have a slower movement speed , plus with the way exit gates spawn i feel like he is almost unbeatable(like I said this is how I feel , I am more than willing to have my mind changed). I really want someone to change my mind.

    If you think they should nerf Billy you're delusional.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011031#Comment_1011031

    It really doesn't help your argument when everyone else is giving reasons as to what they think but so far everyone in defense of Billy have just said some variant of "you're bad" "you suck" "git gud". It's not a very compelling argument.

    @NDwight88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010114#Comment_1010114

    Plus you missed my point love. I said a rank 18 billy can get a 4K against rank 5-9 survivors easily, or did you miss that point before you began rapidly typing out your salty little reply? Read the whole thing next time so YOU don’t look stupid. Tootles

    What points have been made? I don't see any all I see are baddies making up stuff because they are bad at the game. I looped at a rank 15 billy yesterday forever because he had no clue how to use his chainsaw and was bad at mindgames.

    It is just madeup nonsense from baddies such as that guy.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011072#Comment_1011072

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010859#Comment_1010859

    What points have been made? I don't see any all I see are baddies making up stuff because they are bad at the game. I looped at a rank 15 billy yesterday forever because he had no clue how to use his chainsaw and was bad at mindgames.

    It is just madeup nonsense from baddies such as that guy.

    So you looped a rank 15 who you say had no idea how to use his chainsaw and was bad at mindgames?

    Oh, well that proves Hillbilly is perfectly balanced then.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Once again the pressure seems to be put on survivors that they need to play perfect at all times and that's what keeps Hillbilly balanced.

    As I said survivors should indeed be punished for their mistakes, but a killer with an instadown available 24/7 and the ability to cross the map in seconds is able to punish perhaps a little too well for mistakes.

    No other killer can turn the game around in an instant as effectively and consistently as Hillbilly can.

    You keep saying things like "he has an instadown available 24/7" and yet you thought my challenge to only use the instadown is "trolling"?


    Interesting.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011115#Comment_1011115

    So you looped a rank 15 who you say had no idea how to use his chainsaw and was bad at mindgames?

    Oh, well that proves Hillbilly is perfectly balanced then.

    Yeah cause that one noob said he can have ez pz 4k, which is not true. If the survivors are braindead any game will result in a 4k. Has nothing to do with billy being unbalanced at all.

  • @MysterTal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010696#Comment_1010696

    You keep saying things like "he has an instadown available 24/7" and yet you thought my challenge to only use the instadown is "trolling"?

    Interesting.

    Available =/= ONLY use that.

    Billy has access to it at any time, other killers such as Myers, GF and Oni do not. LF has a more severe movement penalty and cooldown penalty if he misses so it's not comparable.

  • Sure, while we're at it, completely gut the current survivor meta of Adren/BT/DS/Del on top of doubling gen time. That's how utterly ridiculous you people calling for billy nerfs sound.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011137#Comment_1011137

    Available =/= ONLY use that.

    Billy has access to it at any time, other killers such as Myers, GF and Oni do not. LF has a more severe movement penalty and cooldown penalty if he misses so it's not comparable.

    (Billy does have movement penalty and cooldowns but nevermind about that)


    So what's the problem? From what you're saying, Billy's chainsaw is even more powerful than GF/Myers/LF's Power - then what's the problem with using it exclusively?

    If anything, it should just end chases much sooner. You land one chainsaw hit and it's over, after all. And you're saying there's no punishment for missing it, so why not?

  • Billy is pretty fair. I can loop good Billy's on most maps for atleast 1 minute. And I've got 3 hooks! If my swf keeps it up, we win. Not hard. Even as a solo, not hard. Unless you're an inexperienced survivor.

  • lmao. Do people really believe billy is OP and needs a cool down? This community. *facepalm*

  • Remember when everyone said nobody would complain about Hillbilly just because every killer above him got nerfed?

    Yeah it was only Legion, Freddy ,Nurse, Oni, and Spirit that were the problem. Billy's fine. Honestly just gut him for the fun of it. I'd like to see them start complaining about Huntress next.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    He's also as easy to loop as any M1 killer. His power is perfect. Strong, but not oppressive.

    Take this cookie 🍪 for explaining this boy in a simple, yet perfect way.

1 2 3 ›