Banning for Racial, sexual, and other slurs

If you report someone for using various "off limits" slurs, or saying #########, and have screen shots to prove it, will someone actually get banned? I'd hate to waste my time if they won't, but I had someone launch into me, including the "n-word," the "gay" slur, and other items, and I have screen shots to prove it, will anything be done?


And if so, how do I go about actually reporting it?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yeah. I reported a dude who said fgt and guy got banned for 3 days he had no previous bans so whoever banned him actually went out of the ban time guidelines and gave him an extra day lol.

    I know these details cause I actually asked him.

  • They most likely get a temporary ban, as it happens in these cases. The only way people can get insta banned is for cheating legacy or items.

  • You report them from their website here

    Frequently asked questions about our mobile game

    and if you wonder the details their ban guidelines etc.

    @not_Queen said:

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping
    • Tapping generators with ruin

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    The escalation is now 1 week / 2 weeks / 4 weeks / Permanent ban

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media (Forums, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Fan sites / Fan groups

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly.

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.


  • @YaiPa said:

    They most likely get a temporary ban, as it happens in these cases. The only way people can get insta banned is for cheating legacy or items.

    They also get permanent ban if they do it 4 times.

    "24H -> 48H -> 1W -> PERMANENT

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process."

  • @aGoodOldRub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993486#Comment_993486

    They also get permanent ban if they do it 4 times.

    "24H -> 48H -> 1W -> PERMANENT

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process."

    still, people lag switching get 24h, while people cheating pixels instaban.

  • You don't need to worry about screenshots.. the chat logs are sent in with the report. You have to do the report at the end summary when the match is over. Every report requires it.

  • ok good to know. So, I reported him using the in game reporting system, but should I do anything else?

  • @Morfedel said:

    ok good to know. So, I reported him using the in game reporting system, but should I do anything else?

    They still get banned if you report them in-game but if you wan't them to get banned faster and make sure them getting banned then you can use this.

    Copyright © 2019 Behaviour Interactive. All rights reserved.

    but make sure to still report them in-game as it is required for this additional reports.

  • @Eceelf said:

    My question is why are you playing a mature game with swearing in it if you are offended by it? Stop the censorship

    It's not about censorship, it's about someone using hate speech against you.

    There's a big difference between swearing because you're angry or hurt or whatever and using slurs to try and demean part of someone's identity.

  • @Eceelf said:

    My question is why are you playing a mature game with swearing in it if you are offended by it? Stop the censorship

    There is a difference between swearing, and attacking someone. We can have a discussion and disagree, but cussing people out and calling them all the dirtiest names in the book is a far cry. And that isn’t being mature either.


    Let’s try this for example, why don’t you go into a Court and cussed the judge out and see what happens. You don’t think you like the result? Just because you think it’s OK it doesn’t mean other adults do. By the way in some cases it actually is illegal to cuss people out.


    Here, since you think you know so much about it here’s some legal education for your benefit.


    https://blogs.findlaw.com/legally_weird/2019/11/is-it-illegal-to-curse-in-public.html

  • I have yet to see a single person getting banned due to this, death threats, racial slurs or whatever some people try to insult one with. I doubt that there is any consequence for it.

  • @Eceelf said:

    My question is why are you playing a mature game with swearing in it if you are offended by it? Stop the censorship

    Hnmm, I see you enjoy media aimed at adults but don't like being called the n word, very curious indeed...my finely honed logic sensors detect a contradiction.

  • I find the best way to deal with language you don't like is at the bottom right during the end match screen there's a little speech bubble. Click it and it'll close the chat.

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993503#Comment_993503

    still, people lag switching get 24h, while people cheating pixels instaban.

    We have servers now on every platform besides Xbox. Lag Switching isn't even a thing now

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993915#Comment_993915

    You do realise the Osage are not bound by your laws right?

    The point being your talk about mature, when I talk to you about laws being broken. And guess what, pretty much every country in the world has a some restrictions on speech. Do you deny this?


    They aren’t the same thing, are they? Are you trying to tell me any form of language of any kind no matter how hostile or offensive is OK?

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993931#Comment_993931

    If people are not allowed to speak freely then they may as well be enslaved. They are just words and again my people are not bound by your laws

    First of all, your people aren’t bound by bylaws but they are bound by your loss. Are you telling me you live in a country that has zero restrictions of any kind of speech?


    Second, that is utterly ludicrous. There’s a big difference between saying some speech is not OK and say that slavery. For example, you can’t insight violence, you can’t decide crimes, you can’t to text with your speech designed to encourage injury of people. Are those restrictions slavery?


    so that’s the second time I’ve now asked a question that you’ve dodged, the question bwing are you saying any speech of any kind is OK no matter what?

  • @Morfedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993919#Comment_993919

    The point being your talk about mature, when I talk to you about laws being broken. And guess what, pretty much every country in the world has a some restrictions on speech. Do you deny this?

    They aren’t the same thing, are they? Are you trying to tell me any form of language of any kind no matter how hostile or offensive is OK?

    @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993931#Comment_993931

    If people are not allowed to speak freely then they may as well be enslaved. They are just words and again my people are not bound by your laws

    Soooo... your argument is that not being allowed to say the N word in a video game is slavery. Is this really the hill you're gonna die on?

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993931#Comment_993931

    If people are not allowed to speak freely then they may as well be enslaved. They are just words and again my people are not bound by your laws

    "I'm allowed to use racial terms and hate speech online because of my culture, not allowing me to do so is slavery".

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993948#Comment_993948

    Again who's saying the 'n' word? My argument is none of you have the right to dictate what comes out of others mouths you can't stop people from waggling their tongues you aren't God I know a lot of you think you are but no you aren't omnipotent.

    No. Answer the question. Is not being allowed to say the N word slavery?

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993948#Comment_993948

    Again who's saying the 'n' word? My argument is none of you have the right to dictate what comes out of others mouths you can't stop people from waggling their tongues you aren't God I know a lot of you think you are but no you aren't omnipotent.

    Y'see, that's the funny thing.

    Behaviour, as the developers of Dead by Daylight, has that right. They don't have to let you keep playing if you can't treat your fellow players like regular humans.

    Valve, Sony, Microsoft also all have that same right.

    You're using the internet to post this. It has restrictions regarding being a fuckwit, deal with it.

    Go out on the street and start using slurs like that in public. See how fast you get arrested for hate speech, or knocked out.

    @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993963#Comment_993963

    Did I say I have done any of these things? Please find where I have ever said this stuff. I'm saying you may as well be enslaved if someone wants to dictate what comes out of your mouth you are just trying to twist things. Love how you all gang on the one person with another opinion classic.

    I never said you did.

    But you cannot deny that you are defending people's 'right' to do so.

    Newsflash: they have no right to do so, and no right to complain when they're banned from the game for it.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993948#Comment_993948

    Again who's saying the 'n' word? My argument is none of you have the right to dictate what comes out of others mouths you can't stop people from waggling their tongues you aren't God I know a lot of you think you are but no you aren't omnipotent.

    Actually you are utterly and completely wrong. We can dictate what people say within limits. For instance if you started To advocate The murder of someone we can most certainly stop you from doing it.

    The expression of ideas in general is OK, but advocating violence, breaking the law, actively trying to get someone hurt, are just some examples of speech that are actually illegal almost anywhere.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993963#Comment_993963

    Did I say I have done any of these things? Please find where I have ever said this stuff. I'm saying you may as well be enslaved if someone wants to dictate what comes out of your mouth you are just trying to twist things. Love how you all gang on the one person with another opinion classic.

    We're not hanging up on you, we're just using our free speech! Stop trying to censor us!

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993963#Comment_993963

    Did I say I have done any of these things? Please find where I have ever said this stuff. I'm saying you may as well be enslaved if someone wants to dictate what comes out of your mouth you are just trying to twist things. Love how you all gang on the one person with another opinion classic.

    You literally said that the people who tried to restrict what you could say are tantamount to slavery. Do I need to go back and quote what you said a few posts up? Or do you have dementia?

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993982#Comment_993982

    Trying to censor? Did I call for any takedowns no you are literally here trying to irritate people cause you want a negative reaction? You are pathetic.

    and you keep dodging every point anyone brings up.

  • Yes they will be and the severity will depend on the ban length. Use the in game report system as they can read the chat logs.

    @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993948#Comment_993948

    Again who's saying the 'n' word? My argument is none of you have the right to dictate what comes out of others mouths you can't stop people from waggling their tongues you aren't God I know a lot of you think you are but no you aren't omnipotent.

    This isn't about freedom of speech its a about a mutlticulural game and one where using certain terms may be highly offensive to certain people or races. There is a line and even though it's a mature game racial slurs, sexual orientation and hate messages etc are bannable offenses. The devs decide what is and isnt bannable and why they have set rules.

    It's not up for debate as it is their game and we have to accept the terms of they set to play.

    Internet trash talk is allowed and you can swear to your hearts content and call out people as the line is quite high up on what's bannable. Just be careful not to cross it or risk losing the game.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993982#Comment_993982

    Trying to censor? Did I call for any takedowns no you are literally here trying to irritate people cause you want a negative reaction? You are pathetic.

    I'm not trying to irritate you, I'm just trying to discuss why I don't think people should be able to use slurs in game.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993978#Comment_993978

    No they don't let me tell you a story about the time I got banned from psn because of my name guess what I got unbanned and got compensation why? The name is part of my culture Google the story it's up there.

    OK, I’ll bite. What is your country and what is your culture? And include a link to the Google story, because what you told us is too vague to locate anything.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993978#Comment_993978

    No they don't let me tell you a story about the time I got banned from psn because of my name guess what I got unbanned and got compensation why? The name is part of my culture Google the story it's up there.

    Go on, tell me.

    Not helping your case whatsoever, but I'm interested.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993980#Comment_993980

    How am I wrong? I said direct threats could be monitored you just can't read apparently?

    Oh I can read, you’re the one that can’t. I was saying you were utterly and completely wrong about the following quote.


    "My argument is none of you have the right to dictate what comes out of others mouths you can't stop people from waggling their tongue"


    Every country in the world even the ones with the greatest freedom of speech still have a few restrictions. Trying to say there are limits and yes as such they can dictate and restrict certain speech.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993963#Comment_993963

    Did I say I have done any of these things? Please find where I have ever said this stuff. I'm saying you may as well be enslaved if someone wants to dictate what comes out of your mouth you are just trying to twist things. Love how you all gang on the one person with another opinion classic.

    I can actually see where you're coming from, although just because you're allowed to do something legally doesn't mean it's the right thing to do morally. However, it's a bit of a moot point as far as this thread goes, because in the case of Dead By Daylight, using slurs like the ones OP mentioned to attack another player is not only morally wrong but also against the rules of the game. It isn't censorship to ask someone not to be disrespectful towards others on your platform and to enact the consequences if they do so regardless.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993980#Comment_993980

    How am I wrong? I said direct threats could be monitored you just can't read apparently?

    And you still haven’t responded to the questions I’ve asked you two previous times now, is it OK to say anything you want even if it encourages breaking the law and inciting crimes, inciting violence, and directly attempting to hurt people? This is now the third time I’ve asked, I wonder if you’re actually going to finally get around to answering it.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993993#Comment_993993

    What I want to know is why you all keep acting like I have done this because I'm a advocate for freedom and I get it majority of you probably have ancestors that stole my people's land, raped, enslaved and butchered them but that's okay we supposed to live by your rules on our rightful land? It's not all black and white you can be a sheep all your life but in my culture we still have our freedom also to the other guy because I know you are here microanalysing every little thing I post yeah you really think anyone is gonna mess with a 6'4 peanut butter complexion stallion raised off the land? You seem to believe or want others to believe that I would outright insult people because I believe in freedom of speech

    We aren’t acting like we’ve done this, we’re arguing against your logic. You’re trying to say it’s all right to say anything you want no matter how vile or reprehensible it is, in fact it isn’t, first of all this Gamer actually has rules of behavior and if you break it they can value for it, and every country in the world has at least mine are restrictions I get speech and yet you’re saying that anything you say is OK we aren’t accusing you of doing it, we’re just saying that you’re wrong

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993993#Comment_993993

    What I want to know is why you all keep acting like I have done this because I'm a advocate for freedom and I get it majority of you probably have ancestors that stole my people's land, raped, enslaved and butchered them but that's okay we supposed to live by your rules on our rightful land? It's not all black and white you can be a sheep all your life but in my culture we still have our freedom also to the other guy because I know you are here microanalysing every little thing I post yeah you really think anyone is gonna mess with a 6'4 peanut butter complexion stallion raised off the land? You seem to believe or want others to believe that I would outright insult people because I believe in freedom of speech

    Now you've gotta be trolling.

    Are you seriously saying it's alright to use racial slurs and hatespeech online because centuries ago, your "land" which taken from your cultural people?

    Your culture has no effect in what you say online.

    Here in Australia, we use a certain C-Word as a very common manner of greeting (and as a noun). However, it's regarded as a horrible slur in the United Kingdom. I'm respectful of that, and wouldn't say it to anyone I know from there, because it's not culturally accepted.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993995#Comment_993995

    No you are with your snarky comments so I'll just leave so you can go chase away more new people you were very rude and while that is your right I can't stop you from being rude it doesn't exactly make me feel anything but sadness for my fellow man.

    Damn. I'm sorry I bummed you out but not wanting to be called the N word. Feel better dude.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994015#Comment_994015

    I don't even say anything to anyone in any game I mind my own what I am saying if it's wrong to censor people the only exception being if someone was issuing serious threats. But it would seem having a different opinion here leads to egomaniacs trying to bully so I'm just gonna go it was foolish to expect anything from dead by daylight players. I'll just go back to you know working the land a small patch given by thiev uh I mean the almighty and venerable George Washington

    That's why I was very carefully not accusing you of anything in my comment. As I said, I can see where you're coming from, from a legal perspective, and I even agree with you to an extent. However, in this case, it's not a matter of legality. It's not unreasonable for the devs to decide they don't want someone who violently attacks other players to be playing their game, any more than it is unreasonable for you to ask someone to leave your house if they come in and start destroying your possessions because they're feeling angry.

  • @Morfedel said:

    If you report someone for using various "off limits" slurs, or saying #########, and have screen shots to prove it, will someone actually get banned? I'd hate to waste my time if they won't, but I had someone launch into me, including the "n-word," the "gay" slur, and other items, and I have screen shots to prove it, will anything be done?

    And if so, how do I go about actually reporting it?

    Yes on ps4. I sent a message to a very toxic killer and am banned for a month. I have 3 accounts so it’s not a huge deal, but you can def get banned.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993995#Comment_993995

    No you are with your snarky comments so I'll just leave so you can go chase away more new people you were very rude and while that is your right I can't stop you from being rude it doesn't exactly make me feel anything but sadness for my fellow man.

    We weren’t attacking you, at no point did Anyone actually insult you as far as I’m aware of but you can’t expect to be able to make a controversial comment and Then expect people to not reply to it.

    Comes back to the whole freedom of speech thing that you were advocating, you have every right to express your beliefs and opinions but we have every right to reply to it.

    That isn’t an attack. if we attacked you directly that’s different, what we did is called disagreeing, There’s a difference, and if you can’t handle people simply disagree with you maybe you really are too fragile for this game.

    which is funny, when you came out saying that it is completely all right for people to use the most vile language imaginable and that’s freedom of speech, but you can’t even handle people disagreed with you. Kind of ironic really.

  • @Eceelf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993993#Comment_993993

    What I want to know is why you all keep acting like I have done this because I'm a advocate for freedom and I get it majority of you probably have ancestors that stole my people's land, raped, enslaved and butchered them but that's okay we supposed to live by your rules on our rightful land? It's not all black and white you can be a sheep all your life but in my culture we still have our freedom also to the other guy because I know you are here microanalysing every little thing I post yeah you really think anyone is gonna mess with a 6'4 peanut butter complexion stallion raised off the land? You seem to believe or want others to believe that I would outright insult people because I believe in freedom of speech

    You do know most civilisations have been subject to the same its just some have been more recent? I'd bet most people can place a time in history where their culture was subject to an invasion and were enslaved driven off the land.

    Roman Empire, British Empire, Ghengis Khan, Vikings to name a few.

    Freedom of speech is not about saying what you like anywhere you wish too. It's about sticking up for your rights and making changes in the place when it's needed.

    You can chose to do as wish but hurting someone for the sake of it because of what people did in the past shows a lack of character. I find it funny when you reference sheep as that's generally more inline with those who are bred to be hateful.

    I was brought up in a culture where there are some that hate people just becasue of what they believe in. They were brought up in this way and know nothing else going with the flock and taught never to think for themselves.

    Rules are everwhere which some forget and they are no differnet to the rules in someones personal space. You may think you are free but even you will have rules with what someone can and can't do within your space.

    There are rules everywhere its just some think they are free when really they are locked within a dark place in their own head.

    You can never be truly free until your mind is also.

  • I had submitted multiple report with pcitures, the profiles neevr got a ban on steam.

    I think they dont do #########, or if they do .. probably a 24 hour ban