chance of devs actually reading the feedback and suggestions?
just curious if the devs are known to actively look at the posts here and actually interact? or is it more of just a read and no reply or at they hardy looked at? only asking because i made a post there about changes to moris, keys, ability to sell add-ons etc. go check it out if you want btw, your opinions would be useful too
Comments
Oh I do not doubt that BHVR reads the posts (not all as there are too many to see) but as to the amount of feedback they actually take in, well past PTBs can speak for themselves.
They do read through suggestions posts and they do respond. Though from what I've seen, most responses are slightly defensive in nature.
They break out the popcorn like everyone else and have a laugh.
I think that is about as far as feedback goes anyway.
Okay thanks for the replies, i wasnt sure as alot of the other posts there seem a little over the top and come across as more moaning than balanced or new suggestions like i was trying to create, so hopefully they do check out my suggestions, theyre only a few as i didnt wanna list tweaks on each of the less used perks and seem like a know it haha, just wanted to share my store idea and if its a possibility
They say they do, but not much comes from it action wise so I am not sure I believe it.
When we asked if we could have an indicator if it's been read or even better forwarded to the actual team, they say that their forums can't do that. So many other forums do from other game devs, so I find that so odd.
I dunno, but anytime I see actually good and fair points about issues they get ignored, all devs seem to respond to are things like "What's your favorite build for X or Y?" and "What is the best build for ____?". I mean those and like, outrage threads, because that is what you want to do fuel that fire instead of actually helping the polite ones.
i do notice alot of the posts like that get dev attention which is fair enough they get involved but id also like them to look into some of the more serious suggestions, i know alot of post tend to be more about complaining than balance or improving the game in general
this was my main suggestion, bit lengthy but any support on the post in the feedback and suggestions might help them see it and respond but i feel no one really goes through there.
First suggestion which is the biggest is the ability to sell items, add-ons and offerings. i know its a concern players might try to use this to boost certain characters up however with all the new characters in the game and their perks grinding the perks you want is going to get longer which has also been a concern and i feel having this will allow people to get BP`s back from items etc. they would not use such as these numbers:
With these numbers spending 1,000,000 BP on a new character getting to level 30 and then selling every single item,add-on,offering would only return about 130,000BP due to the perks you brought. this is by selling everything however if people was to keep so many add-ons etc. the returns are even smaller but would allow people to sell the items they will never use (which is alot to me due to buying every character and survivor i have so many items ill never use but am still missing loads of perks for each character).
I always felt the feedback page was a bit dead
But they do read it. I'm sure
Do you play the lottery?
U see them comment on post but they never answer the main question.
It is read, and we take a lot of the feedback as well - that's part of the Community Team's job. We can't always reply on every post due to time.
Also, in response to other forums having a reaction for Devs reading posts etc, that's mostly down to different forum set-ups with different companies, we don't have that with the Vanilla forums and it's a feature that we've tried to put in, we hope it will happen but the fact it's not there is not due to a lack of desire to have it @Echorion
We read it and we care.
I love you
you guys read the post but a lot of the times you guysrespond to random comments on it, not the primary question brought up by the author.
Perhaps try responding to the questions then?
We can't respond to everything, would take forever.
Often, the concerns are addressed elsewhere.
Often, it's something that's a complaint about something that's going to change, but as we've already considered player feedback in the decision... further back-and-forth isn't productive.
Sometimes the questions come loaded with derision for the dev team... that's never productive.
I've been on both sides of this divide: the communication between devs and players. Most of us on the design team have as well; most of us are gamers at heart. I also play a lot of LoL, Rocket League, and Overwatch. Sometimes, the dev team has knowledge that the players don't, and for various reasons may not be able to share with them. Now that I'm on the dev side of a popular game, I have a better understanding of how this dynamic works.
I can promise you that feedback from the forums and youtube videos do often reach us, and we do listen and consider. Just because we don't always agree does not mean that we don't care.
People asked for nurse add-ons nerf.. not her basekit
People told you before release that MOm was broken... You ignored.
SWF is literally cheating... You haven't done sht about.
You care nothing.
Tell this to the mission ruin feedback section on the PTB survay or the fact you guys announced how well the ruin feedback was doing on the PTB before the PTB was even available which didn't you yourself post?
This isn't meant to be insulting or inflammatory but all public evidence/actions points to the contrary and those speak louder then words on in this case keystrokes ever would.
The purpose of a PTB is mainly to ensure the update is stable.
So what you see in a PTB is most likely what you're going to get in the next update.
As for the devs being receptive to feedback, we now know how they think. The devs are unwilling to admit that optimal survivors in this game are a problem, so that concern gets brushed under the rug.
The devs are receptive to feedback but only to a certain extent. In other words, don't rock the boat sort of thing.
That has already been commented on by a dev. The feedback was in reference to the internal testing before the changes were announced and nothing to so with the ptb.
As for adding it into the survey what good would it really do? What constructive feedback do you think they would get that isn't already on the forums?
The ptb survey is designed to ask about the changes made that can be tested properly. This is why they asked about the Doctor and if the power felt good to use, how he plays or what its like to verse along with the rift regarding challenges to see what people think of them.
Ruin on the other hand in theory has to work off of gathering data for the true impact to show which unfortunately can only be done in a live environment as it needs games to be played normally which doesn't happen often on the ptb.
Ok then please explain the reason why the devs would feel the need to announce their internal feed back on ruin to the public?
This is a big problem though. The lack of communication and the unwillingness to share information that player's are unaware of are both causes for so much of the frustration within the playerbase.
Why not just throw us a bone when someone brings up the idea of adding an additional objective and either say we're working on something or not? Why not engage in the discussion to see what ideas the players have and really break down why ideas will or won't work?
Being so secretive is really weird in this day. I learn more about what's going on with this game from leaks than I do from the devs. You guys plan these big, cool announcements but the info is leaked a day or 2 before it happens and you all still stick to the original plan.
Here's what I'd like to see:
P.S. If you need a volunteer(s) to help collecting questions and also answering them from time to time I'm in ๐
I know it would take forever - but, the issue with that is that for example, in terms of the ruin change, it was always the same question not being answered. So it's not really a matter of time, and no disrespect, it seems like a matter of simply avoiding the question.
So - I'll ask for everyone who has asked this question and has the question apparently dodged by the team members who have replied (while finding a way to not answer the question) in their threads...
When you guys saw that ruin was so widely used...how come research wasn't done on why it was so frequently used? A ruin nerf should have only happened when the base issue was fixed (aka - balance), and contrary to a lot of people I don't think it's necessarily gen speed. It's the maps.
But it's not cheating. Then it wouldn't be a feature in the game.
It's not cheating, as the devs say it's fine. It does go against the very nature of the game they developed, however, which is just weird.
I'm fine with people thinking it's an advantage because obviously playing with friends in any capacity is an advantage in most games, as long as you don't have friends that are bad at the game. I'm even fine with BHVR bringing solo survivors more information to bring them up to par, although I have to say to be careful because killers already whine about how much information SWF get... Anyway I just don't understand when people say it's cheating. If SWF was cheating the devs wouldn't just put it as an option in their menu and be like "everyone go wild and cheat!" That would be like having a direct link to aim bot software in Counter Strike menus.
It's sanctioned cheating, I suppose you could say? The game is designed about lack of information, to gather what you can and work as a team. SWF just blows past that. What one learns, they all learn. Again, against the design of the game. But since the devs say it's okay, it's not cheating. Even though, on paper, it is.
But that goes elsewhere from the topic OP has. I do think the devs read what we say, I just don't think they care. What we get is what we get, so here's another cosmetic for you to buy.
All they did was really say that the feedback on the change they got back from the internal testers was positive.
Why wouldn't they say this about a change? They have done this with almost every change to something a lot use as they know there will be backlash coming.
They clearly read the feedback and suggestions. I think they just take them with a grain of salt. Most topics are about what people dislike after all. The ones about things they like a pretty rare.
Its simple: It has no point other then to throw the internet tests into question.
If the internal tests and what the public says is so different it should be pretty telling on how unrepresentative the internal tests are if there is a day and night difference between the two.
Now please answer me this: Why would they want to prove that their internet tests are unrepresentative of what the public will respond too?
I don't believe you.
This is because no communication or actions have really shown me otherwise.
The argument of not enough time makes no sense, I see comments from devs on topics like "Who is your favorite killer" or "What is the most under rated perk on so and so" but when someone points out a critical error in the matchmaker we hear nothing; when we ask about gen speeds and show videos of 4 minute games because of toolboxes, we hear nothing, and when we just want reassurance on something that has plagued the game for years...we get nothing.....
If you don't agree, you generally don't reply, except to topics where someone demands something irrational I see dev responses to those topics for some reason, is it because only when you can tell them they are wrong that a post is made?
I really want to believe in you guys, but your actions are indicating I can't. It's disheartening because I want to be able to have fun in the game, that's all I want, but when you get nothing but people way above your rank with 5000+ hours over and over and over how is someone to do that?
Hell even this reply will probably never be read or acknowledged, or if it is it will only be to point out like the one time you guys did listen and it was something just like the doctor or ruin- which literally ignored half of the issues and only dealt with one side of them, and no comment to date has been made as to why. They were legit proven issues too directly related, just as valid as any other, if not more so.
All in all... I just don't have much trust to give right now, from what I've seen.
I don't mean to ping you, and I hate to be rude, but "Are you sure about that?"
After 3.4.0 PTB (Spirit nerf) there has been a lot of killer sound bugs which at this point I'm sure is a shadow nerf. These "bugs" have been known for quite some time. They've been addressed but nothing has been done about them, and it's only getting worse and sound is crucial for killers.
Yet
"We read it and we care"
If you were a dev would you come here? Hell no. This place is as toxic as the game with nonstop complaints. They do not come here but rely on data and surveys for feedback.
We tried with Legion... DIDNT WORK
Some players have hated every change that affects their side. Every single one to date have been met with posts from those who used something about how bad it will be and the game will die as no one will play the side it affects.
By your way of viewing this should go on the forum feedback alone which means no change would have ever happened.
No exhaustion
No self care change
No DS change
No spirit change
No nurse change
No pallet change
No flashlight change
No buffs or nerfs to either side would have ever happened as the forums always blow up with reactionary feedback at the mere hint of anything changing.
Sometimes a change is needed and they decide if they feel something is having an impact they do not like on the game. It also means other things can be looked at once they gather data on how the change has affected gameplay.
"care" hummm. I dont think so, but if you say