What is the obsession with saying Killers only want 4K?

If anything it is a strawman. There is no killer player screaming about not getting 4Ks all the time. When I play Killer I don't need a 4K. I want a competitive, fun game without survivors being toxic/bullying. Spamming vaults, tbagging at the exit gate, "EZ baby killer" in chat. Not high standards really and I highly doubt I am alone.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991460#Comment_991460

    I got lucky and got want i needed to work with but yeah I know what you mean I had to do that with ghostface and constantly grind on another killer.

    My favorite is when people dis on a build I pick when they can't see what level my killer is or what perk selection I have.

    Currently running spirit for the conniption achievement, and I run NOED (easier to down people with haunting) with Rancor (also makes one easy down) because I only have 4 perks at tier 3. This gets me hate mail.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991472#Comment_991472

    My favorite is when people dis on a build I pick when they can't see what level my killer is or what perk selection I have.

    Currently running spirit for the conniption achievement, and I run NOED (easier to down people with haunting) with Rancor (also makes one easy down) because I only have 4 perks at tier 3. This gets me hate mail.

    You're using noed and spirit hatemail is an inevitability. Either one on there own will get you hatemail even though spirit got nerfed already.

  • Too many people missing @SpaceCoconut 's point. As he said you're just nitpicking over words if all you can say is "but the stats are accurate!"

    Point is, the stats can't be looked at simply as "survivors playing the game normally and trying to escape."

    It's just simply amazing how many people would rather nitpick over a single word than just accept the overall message of "don't take these stats at face value." It shows how little effort people will put in when "trying" to make a point.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988732#Comment_988732

    Feel free to provide a screenshot of where the devs said that. It's the best data there is out there about survival rates.

    They did say it's hard to draw conclusions from it, and all games with DCs are thrown out, so some killers that got a "4k" from 1 or more DCs aren't listed.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119716/what-is-the-obsession-with-saying-killers-only-want-4k

    1. Killers complain endlessly about SWF being overrated and survivors OP.

    2. Devs showed 4 man SWF does not even hit 50%.

    Ergo, killers feel 40% survival for solos and 49% for 4 SWF is OP.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/508/B9LFAGLB9VOW.jpg

    This includes casual survivors at rank 20 as well as SWF with widely varying ranks (such as 2 rank 20s and 2 rank 1s).

    When people say SWF is OP, they generally are referring to 4 rank 1 survivors with comms.

  • If I get a good laugh during the game I generally let all survivors go. But I never aim for a 4k unless there just being toxic as hell.

    I really just can't wait for the next tome to come out and give me a second objective.

  • Cause many Killer Mains (like Survivor mains) want their side to be overpowered and dominate the other? Just reading people making excuses why Killers should 3-4K every match proves how out of touch with reality some players are.

    The game over the years has seen some pretty massive Survivors nerfs and reworks that favor Killers. Many Killers have been made a lot stronger than what they were years ago with a few exceptions being Legion and Nurse. Meanwhile Hag, Trapper, Freddy, and Wraith have all turned out stronger than their old selves. And Doctor is coming out next and yet the Killer Mains still play the Victim card. If the developers were sucking up to the Survivors for the Doctor rework... he wouldn't be reworked. He is like a C-D Tier Killer that is rare and people hate the static/laughs/checks/etc of him. His rework is benefiting Killers mains a lot more than Survivor mains since now he will be used more often on rework/rift and possibly be stronger which means he will stick around more.

    The amount of people who get salty over 1-2 Survivors escaping cause of DS/Hatch/BT/DH is also pretty huge. It's like "Look at this match I 3K'd but David barely escaped via hatch using DH to Key open the Hatch. This shouldn't happen to me." type mentality.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119716/what-is-the-obsession-with-saying-killers-only-want-4k

    1. Killers complain endlessly about SWF being overrated and survivors OP.

    2. Devs showed 4 man SWF does not even hit 50%.

    Ergo, killers feel 40% survival for solos and 49% for 4 SWF is OP.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/508/B9LFAGLB9VOW.jpg

    I find these statistic's to be horrendously false. I follow some of the top killers in the game on Twitch and Youtube, and they all have the same opinion that Survivor's 4man swf is broken af - and that not only does it need to be looked heavily, but survivor's overall needs to be looked at and balanced to no longer be the power role.

    Like I would really love to see some of these killer's that are getting 4k's against survivors who are communicating, and performing safe loops perfectly with near perfect coordination (I say near perfect because while Killers have to take perks to balance the game, Survivors take perks to ignore their mistakes).

    However I follow many twitch and youtubers that main survivors, and are barely even good at the game sitting in red ranks laughing it up because playing survivor is so stress free and laid back. If you ask them to play Killer - many would just straight up say "I'm not playing Killer are you crazy?"

    This is all based off observations, so I could be wrong, but I would love to see a little more than a single chart someone could make in MS Paint to prove that there are these "god killers" getting 4k's against 4man swf's consistently.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    If anything it is a strawman. There is no killer player screaming about not getting 4Ks all the time. When I play Killer I don't need a 4K. I want a competitive, fun game without survivors being toxic/bullying. Spamming vaults, tbagging at the exit gate, "EZ baby killer" in chat. Not high standards really and I highly doubt I am alone.

    Do you mean what is with killers obsession about getting 4Ks? There's a lot of it on here. A bunch of people think that is the victory condition for killer.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    Cause many Killer Mains (like Survivor mains) want their side to be overpowered and dominate the other? Just reading people making excuses why Killers should 3-4K every match proves how out of touch with reality some players are.

    The game over the years has seen some pretty massive Survivors nerfs and reworks that favor Killers. Many Killers have been made a lot stronger than what they were years ago with a few exceptions being Legion and Nurse. Meanwhile Hag, Trapper, Freddy, and Wraith have all turned out stronger than their old selves. And Doctor is coming out next and yet the Killer Mains still play the Victim card. If the developers were sucking up to the Survivors for the Doctor rework... he wouldn't be reworked. He is like a C-D Tier Killer that is rare and people hate the static/laughs/checks/etc of him. His rework is benefiting Killers mains a lot more than Survivor mains since now he will be used more often on rework/rift and possibly be stronger which means he will stick around more.

    The amount of people who get salty over 1-2 Survivors escaping cause of DS/Hatch/BT/DH is also pretty huge. It's like "Look at this match I 3K'd but David barely escaped via hatch using DH to Key open the Hatch. This shouldn't happen to me." type mentality.

    It's funny how survivor think they are entitle to escape and a balanced game should be a 2k... Yeah but no. To down a survivor you have to outplay him and yet there are still many perks to help a survivor when he make a mistake. I'm not saying a balanced game should be a 4k, but it's BS to only have a 2k when you outplay survivor just because of combined BT/DH/DS/Adrenaline or keys.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119716/what-is-the-obsession-with-saying-killers-only-want-4k

    1. Killers complain endlessly about SWF being overrated and survivors OP.

    2. Devs showed 4 man SWF does not even hit 50%.

    Ergo, killers feel 40% survival for solos and 49% for 4 SWF is OP.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/508/B9LFAGLB9VOW.jpg

    If those stats include console then it's wrong already not to mention those stats are pretty old

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/992025#Comment_992025

    It's funny how survivor think they are entitle to escape and a balanced game should be a 2k... Yeah but no. To down a survivor you have to outplay him and yet there are still many perks to help a survivor when he make a mistake. I'm not saying a balanced game should be a 4k, but it's BS to only have a 2k when you outplay survivor just because of combined BT/DH/DS/Adrenaline or keys.

    How is 2K balance funny?! Really don’t think you should be calling others entitled. Many players view 2K as a draw, and anything above or below a win/loss. So you believe, under those conditions, the killer should win most of the time? Yeah but no...that’s entitlement.

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    The statistics are an issue that causes this problem of perception.

    Truth is, Killer's are really easy to get 4K's with throughout the "majority" of ranks. Probably all the way to about Rank 8 or so it is very easy to get 4K as a "decent" killer with practice.

    But once you hit Rank 8, all you end up facing are Red Rank Survivors. Rank 8-5 every single one of my matches had at least 3 Red Rank 2-4 Survivors and most of them were in parties of 2 or more SWF.

    Once this happens, and you start playing against those type of Survivors.. all of the sudden you start seeing constant 4 Survivors escaping.

    The bottom line, and truth of the game, is that once you get into "Red Ranks" which is the "End-Game" of DBD technically, especially for a Killer who automatically pips whether they try to or not because of EASY 4K's in Ranks 20-8 .. all of the sudden the game becomes EXTREMELY Survivor sided.

    I really honestly wish we could just play an "Unranked" game mode for fun whenever we don't feel like playing like a "sweaty try-hard" or want to practice a new Killer, but there is NO SUCH GAME MODE... which means, we go from literally having to not try AT ALL to get 4K against bad Survivors to all of the sudden having to constantly try our HARDEST and still get wrecked by Pro Survivors.

    A lot of this has to do with skill and the extreme learning curve and skill cap of DBD unfortunately, I suppose for both Killer and Survivor.. but there just really isn't a good middle ground.

    Green ranks you would think is the middle ground, but it is still too easy for Killer.

    Purple ranks is way too hard because you are now facing Red Rank survivors. Red Rank survivors are honestly too good at the game, and have too many tools to succeed in safe looping Killers and Gen rushing and working as a team.

    This means that in the END. ULTIMATELY the BEST KILLER in the entire game vs. THE BEST 4 SWF SURVIVORS .. will never really have a chance, unless he just gets super lucky. At 100% optimal performance, Survivors will ALWAYS win, because its 4v1.

    This is the problem for Killers, and EVERY single time there is a new Killer Nerf to help "New Survivors" because it its TRUE that it is WAY TOO EASY to KILL Inexperienced Survivors.. it just Widens the gap even more for Killers to do well against the "Pro Red Rank Survivors" that are already dominating them.

    At least this has been my experience thus far, and in my opinion the biggest issue with balance in DBD. Somehow Balancing has to be done in ways that make it more challenging for the "Pro Survivors" and yet easier for the "New Survivors" in order to be fair for the Killer. But as of now any Survivor change or Killer change effects ALL Survivors ability at the same time.

    You must be one of the lucky ones, I've been stuck around rank 11-12 this month on PlayStation and every match is mostly red rank survivors. I can hold my own against people my rank or slightly above me but i get smashed almost every game because of the red rank swf groups they have me going against. I've more or less given up on killer for this reason even though i was a killer main now I'm a survivor main rank 3 atm. Survivor side is sooo much easier and i always play solo. Killers need buffs not nerfs to mediocre perks like ruin.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988756#Comment_988756

    Rather different from "The devs themselves said not to draw any conclusions from that data since it's not completely accurate."

    4 Man SWF with an escape rate just under 50%. Does not seem very OP at all.

    And you're also well aware of If the stats said something like "4 man SWF 75% survival rate" we would see it 50 million times like that Tru3 video.

    50% escape rate=very survivor favored game according to killer mains.

    Ask for 4man swf in red ranks, all survivors have to be red ranked before the match.

    Ask for red rank stats that show only red ranked killers vs red ranked survivors.

    But why care when you are not interested in healthy gameplay in the first place.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988727#Comment_988727

    Man I agree, even at rank 9 green rank I've seen 4 rank 2s against me. I'm not afraid to admit it but I straight DC until I'm rank 11 or 12 because like you said I'm trying to have fun or play with a new killer and I don't feel like I should have to try hard, or deal with teabags because some DBD lifer knows exactly where and when to go to be safe.

    And no matter what, red ranks always message some toxic ######### after a match, win or lose it even if your wraith invisible in the basement the whole time, they still have to respond with something.

    This is why I don't care about DCing, 90% of the time I'm right on the money, all red ranks with 2-3 DS, BT, DH perks between all of them. When they sling toxic crap my way, I just say "thanks, deranking anyway going to return the favor to the yellow and brown ranks and ruin their game" which gets a "that's pretty pathetic man", setting me up for "says the red rank to the green rank who just wants to have fun". Usually they shut up at this point or they just say blame behavior.

    Bottom line is ######### red rank survivors.

    Personally, win or lose, frustrating or not, I still always play the match because I like the practice and the challenge. Facing against good players, even players far better than me, is in my opinion a great way to get better at the game, regardless of how terrible of an experience it is. And I am a bit of a masochist in that regard, improving my skill in the game is more important to me than my own "Fun" haha. So therefore I have never DC'd once in any game I have ever played.

    But regardless, it doesn't change the fact that what I said seems to be true for most players, and the problem ends up being that Red Rank Survivors (especially in SWF) are just simply too challenging to face for a Killer, almost any Killer, unless the Killer is INSANELY good and/or gets very lucky.

    I do think that in reverse though, playing Killer against all other Survivors like Green Rank or worse is far too easy and requires almost no skill at all. This is why it is so difficult to balance this game.

  • @kid187em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988727#Comment_988727

    You must be one of the lucky ones, I've been stuck around rank 11-12 this month on PlayStation and every match is mostly red rank survivors. I can hold my own against people my rank or slightly above me but i get smashed almost every game because of the red rank swf groups they have me going against. I've more or less given up on killer for this reason even though i was a killer main now I'm a survivor main rank 3 atm. Survivor side is sooo much easier and i always play solo. Killers need buffs not nerfs to mediocre perks like ruin.

    Ah, I cannot speak for Playstation as I have only played DBD on PC.

    I apologize, my references in my Post are all directly related to the PC version.

    I guess Playstation probably has even less higher ranked killers than PC and that is why you are experiencing the issues you are stating at that Rank.

  • Most do. I always would prefer a 4K when I play killer. I’m competitive and like to do my best, and I don’t see the issue with it. As survivor I want to escape, as killer I want to wipe the board. I don’t get mad if I don’t get a 4K but it is my usual goal starting game.

1 2 ›