so i heard this rumor it is true?
after the next patch we won't be able to see the ranks of the people in post-game lobby? i would at least be able to see how messed up the matchmaking was since if im rank 15 as killer and i get rank 8s and lower its unfair, and if im rank 6 as survivor and i get rank 15s-20 its unfair, dont remove this, fix the ranking system, which i know is happening after chapter 14 but still this helps US the PLAYERS see if it was fixed or not. i will just have to message all the people in the game afterwards now to find out the ranks.
Comments
Nope. Not happening. Peanits pretty much confirmed it in another thread
I'm just going to leave my rank in post game chat and hope others do the same so we can see if matchmaking did it's job. How are we supposed to know if matchmaking is working as intended if we can't see it...one of the reasons I disagree with hiding ranks.
this is why i like pc post chat, i am on xbox so i have to message but hopefully it won't take that long
It was in the leaked patch noted but wasn't put into the PTB patch, so it isn't going to happen.
This means that either it was never going to happen, and the leaks were wrong, or they decided not to do it because of the negative reaction teh leak received.
I am leaning more toward the latter being more possible as the rest of the leaks were accurate and correct.
if you could show me where i would be happy
Rumor*
sorry didn't do well in english in school
I don't think I can...it's somewhere in the middle of a big thread.
But we could try summoning him and ask for input.
@Peanits can thou help out?
That's the comment you're looking for. But the fact that it was neither in the official patch notes nor in the PTB, nor in any way suggested or hinted at by the devs at any point, is already proof enough. The only place such a thing was even mentioned was in unofficial "leaked" patch notes, and there were also some popular streamers that tweeted about it based on those leaks, which didn't help matters at all. Basically, the rumour is false and this was never a thing.
Thanks...guy? Gal? Friend! 👍
Lol, any of the above work. I don't get offended by people online assuming I'm a guy.
Every other thing in that leak being correct makes it seem like this was a thing....then was not a thing lol
I just didn't wanna assume things. (In my head I usually go by the avatar but it's still better to not assume things)
No worries, wasn't trying to be annoying, sorry if it came off that way.
Possibly, but only if something went wrong technically at the last minute and they weren't able to include the feature in the way they had wanted to. I don't think it's at all likely, as some have suggested, that they pulled it because of player feedback, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it makes no sense for them to pull a change from the PTB before the players even have the chance to test it. If they've gone to the trouble of programming something and are committed enough to its inclusion to put it in the patch notes, it's going on the PTB.
Also, it would be totally out of character for them to pull a feature from the PTB before release just based on player feedback, given how vocal they are and have been about wanting players to wait until they have tested a change before giving feedback on it. They don't seem to take any feedback received before the PTB goes live very seriously at all, because they know it isn't based on first-hand experience. They certainly wouldn't hold off on releasing a feature for testing just because there was some negative feedback. After all, the announcement of the Ruin changes was met with unbridled outrage, far more so than the rank hiding, and the devs did absolutely nothing to adjust that before releasing it on the PTB.
The other possibility is that they allowed false information to get leaked intentionally. It's not like they wouldn't have noticed that someone keeps leaking their patch notes in advance - perhaps they're trying to sabotage the credibility of the leaks so that people stop treating them like official information 🤷
Fair enough. I appreciate it 😊
It's already gone on Xbox you only see it after match.
Actually wouldn't be surprised if they at least had that idea entertained in their head. The game is noticeably slowly heading into a beginner friendly game with Top tier killers getting stomped and Ruin getting nerfed because new survivors can't have their fun apparently. Heck they even made it so that Rank is worthless if you play the game here and there and still be in red ranks permanently.
I think it was in the ptb notes, pretty sure I saw it there when it first released but they removed it.
It never was. I went through the PTB patch notes the second they released, looking for that particular line, just to check if it made it in.
I can because Peanits was replying to my comment. They never said it's not happening. They skated around the question by saying it's not in the PTB. But when I asked specifically to confirm this change will not happen, they never answered.
So, it was in the leaked notes, but then it didn't make it to the PTB. It's possible they'll drop it on us either in the mid-chapter patch, or at a later stage, as they have a history of doing with unanticipated changes (Ruin).
Here you can read Peanits quoting my comment. Scrolling immediately below in that thread, you can see me asking to explicitly confirm this change is not happening, to which I didn't receive any answer.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976390/#Comment_976390
i wouldnt mind them removing this after we know the new ranking system does its job
He didn't confirm anything. He actually just tried to defuse it without providing anything solid.
"It was never a thing". Bud, even with that "Trusted" tag, do you really need to go to bat for everything they say? Knowing BHVR's track record, it was more likely a thing, and they cut out last minute because of the big time backlash it got due to the leaked patch notes. It doesn't make you look very credible to say "it was never a thing" when the leaked notes were identical to the official ones, with that one line being omitted.
It wouldn't have been the first time they bandaid fixed something.
I say what I believe to be true, and that hasn't changed since the tag came along. If you paid more attention to my posts, you would realise that I don't go to bat for everything BHVR says. Using evidence which is circumstantial at best, and really is just an inference on your part, doesn't really do anything to discredit what I'm saying, and neither does merely asserting that what I'm saying isn't credible.
You have a different interpretation of events, and that's okay, but please don't insult my integrity by implying that I'm some kind of mindless parrot.
OT - people should stop treating Trusted users like if they were somehow in BHVR's payroll. It's obvious they are just very passionate players which most of the time (but actually, not always) happen to side with BHVR's choices. @Fibijean in particular is a very empathic person, resulting in her (you are a lady, right?) appearing as a BHVR advocate, but that's just because we are very vocal against some of BHVR's decisions - counter arguments should be encouraged, not met with acrimony.
...this being said, I doubt as well that the change from the leaked patch notes to the actual ones is dependent from our feedback, but I don't think either it's because BHVR is trying to undermine leaks credibility.
You'll have to excuse me, but I'm new to these forums (from a posting standpoint), but I've lurked for a while. I notice a pattern of people with the "Trusted" tags making a lot of excuses for BHVR and giving them endless "benefits of the doubt". Never anything critical comes from you guys, when there's never been a company that deserves criticism more. That's my experience here.
I am a "lady", yes xD Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it ❤️ And I agree with your point about counter arguments, in all situations - I'm always happy to engage in a debate as long as people on both sides can be courteous and reasonable in their disagreement.
...yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about one post before yours :P.
You should read more of their discussions - they give the benefit of the doubt to everyone, not just BHVR. If anything, they are a bit naive at time :P, but let's be clear - that's a very good thing, it promotes a good environment for everyone.
I’ve been up and beyond saying how much I dislike the ruin changes and don’t like the reasoning for the change, we can be critical of changes we dislike but we’ll always be constructive about it.
Like I said, that's been my experience. I obviously haven't read everything ever. I didn't take part in a lot of the ruin discussion.
Lol, that's fair, I'll cop that. I generally choose naivete over cynicism if I have to go one way or the other when it comes to doubting someone.
Awww, thank you. :P
Well, for future reference, please look into these things more before calling people out over it.
I edited the last sentence of the post you quoted, because it wasn't meant as an insult or anything - it's a good thing ^^.
Better to be wrong but be kind than to be right but acting rude, let's put it that way.