Let's nerf a killer that's already mid-low tier!

It'll be fun, all the survivor mains will have a much more fun time playing against this killer when they're even worse! Let's even add a longer cooldown on shock therapy so that it's even less viable at loops! Right then.

Thank you devs, very cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how my main does from now on or if rank 20 survivor main complaints actually made him lower tier than he already was. Guess Ruin will be a must have on Doc from now on... Oh wait

Comments

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    It'll be fun, all the survivor mains will have a much more fun time playing against this killer when they're even worse! Let's even add a longer cooldown on shock therapy so that it's even less viable at loops! Right then.

    Thank you devs, very cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how my main does from now on or if rank 20 survivor main complaints actually made him lower tier than he already was. Guess Ruin will be a must have on Doc from now on... Oh wait

    Also there was a leak for how long the cooldown after Shock Therapy is, 3s. That means Docs get .5s to swing before the debuff wears off and you're eating a pallet to the noggin.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118159/lets-nerf-a-killer-thats-already-mid-low-tier

    Also there was a leak for how long the cooldown after Shock Therapy is, 3s. That means Docs get .5s to swing before the debuff wears off and you're eating a pallet to the noggin.

    That's what I was talkin about when I said "even longer cooldown to shock therapy" lol but yep, very fun! He'll be so fun to play against because what can he do but m1?

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974572#Comment_974572

    That's what I was talkin about when I said "even longer cooldown to shock therapy" lol but yep, very fun! He'll be so fun to play against because what can he do but m1?

    It seems like my initial assessment of the goal of DBD to become a haunted house tour was correct. The survs get a spooky thing to chase them, the spooky thing makes a noise or pops up from nowhere from time to time, but realistically there's no actual concern for the survivor to ever not be in control of the situation.

  • They completely removed his chase / power synergy, now a doctor cant do anything against a looping survivor but take the loop.

  • I'm quite sure they'll lessen the cooldown during/after the ptb if it really is as bad as it sounds. Everything else about the doctor update looks alright.

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    It'll be fun, all the survivor mains will have a much more fun time playing against this killer when they're even worse! Let's even add a longer cooldown on shock therapy so that it's even less viable at loops! Right then.

    Thank you devs, very cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how my main does from now on or if rank 20 survivor main complaints actually made him lower tier than he already was. Guess Ruin will be a must have on Doc from now on... Oh wait

    they did .

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974581#Comment_974581

    It seems like my initial assessment of the goal of DBD to become a haunted house tour was correct. The survs get a spooky thing to chase them, the spooky thing makes a noise or pops up from nowhere from time to time, but realistically there's no actual concern for the survivor to ever not be in control of the situation.

    Lmaoo yeah basically. They even added a Clown 🤡

    @beatddb said:

    They completely removed his chase / power synergy, now a doctor cant do anything against a looping survivor but take the loop.

    Well it was annoying for the survivors when they got hit so naturally it got nerfed. Next he can't hit while static blast is on cooldown lol

  • My main gripe is Static Blast slows you for what ever reason and madness effects are still garbage. What purpose is there to slow you down during Static Blast? It's not like you're going to use it mid chase unless you switch targets and if you see someone you're likely to use shock therapy instead. For some reason though shock therapy (supposedly) has a 3 second delay before you can swing.

    Like this whole change looks like why they changed Freddy except Doctor isn't even gettting anything good in the process aside from a single quality of life change being the stance change.

    The issue isn't that Doc is annoying though it's that BHVR does a poor job introducing new players to this game. Yet in the notes they constantly brought up Doc being annoying and frustrating vs new players.

  • It just works!

    Pretty good job so far!

  • This game is horrible. I am 3 years waiting for a swf nerf, it never happened and will never happens. I have no more fun playing killer, all that bhvr do is nerf then

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974572#Comment_974572

    That's what I was talkin about when I said "even longer cooldown to shock therapy" lol but yep, very fun! He'll be so fun to play against because what can he do but m1?

    He will be so fun to play against now because even the inexperienced survivors can now bully him even more so than before.

  • @Dustin said:

    My main gripe is Static Blast slows you for what ever reason and madness effects are still garbage. What purpose is there to slow you down during Static Blast? It's not like you're going to use it mid chase unless you switch targets and if you see someone you're likely to use shock therapy instead. For some reason though shock therapy (supposedly) has a 3 second delay before you can swing.

    Like this whole change looks like why they changed Freddy except Doctor isn't even gettting anything good in the process aside from a single quality of life change being the stance change.

    The issue isn't that Doc is annoying though it's that BHVR does a poor job introducing new players to this game. Yet in the notes they constantly brought up Doc being annoying and frustrating vs new players.

    "Quality of life change" lol I mean sure you don't have to switch stances now but instead you can't hit for 3 seconds, which is 2 seconds longer than stance change took. So really it's quality of survivor life change tbh

  • @Jesya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974581#Comment_974581

    He will be so fun to play against now because even the inexperienced survivors can now bully him even more so than before.

    Very fun quality gameplay, 5/7 best game, pretty good job so far

  • @Shirokuro said:

    I'm quite sure they'll lessen the cooldown during/after the ptb if it really is as bad as it sounds. Everything else about the doctor update looks alright.

    I'm really hoping they do because I mained Doc from the 2nd game I played lol, but without Ruin at red ranks it was always a rough game and usually only a 1-2k. Which is expected for a killer that isn't high tier, but is also getting nerfed! Lol

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974611#Comment_974611

    "Quality of life change" lol I mean sure you don't have to switch stances now but instead you can't hit for 3 seconds, which is 2 seconds longer than stance change took. So really it's quality of survivor life change tbh

    The only reason I consider it a quality of life change is because dedicated servers sometimes make the charge meter bug out and reset instead of actually changing stances. I'm still convinced this is the main reason for the change.

    Overall though the other changes look bad and not only is he worse in chase (on paper) his tracking is guaranteed worse. Right now I see no positives to play Doctor at all compared to other killers. His madness effects need to be buffed to all hell and Static Blast should actually do something else in addition to what it's going to do otherwise again I see no point to the change unless BHVR genuinely just wanted to nerf him.

  • It may not be as bad as we think. It may take into account from the time you shock, to the time it takes to get impacted by the shock.


    The cooldown is more than likely the compensation for not having to switch stances.

  • @DocFabron said:

    It may not be as bad as we think. It may take into account from the time you shock, to the time it takes to get impacted by the shock.

    The cooldown is more than likely the compensation for not having to switch stances.

    The considerably slower movement speed while charging up the shock should be the compensation imo. And yeah assuming the 3 second timer starts when you get the shock therapy attack off then that leaves you half a second to hit them before they can do anything. I really hope it's not as bad as we think though.

  • @DocFabron said:

    It may not be as bad as we think. It may take into account from the time you shock, to the time it takes to get impacted by the shock.

    The cooldown is more than likely the compensation for not having to switch stances.

    If the CD is from the time the shock finishes charging, Doc will have .5 seconds to hit a survivor who can’t interact with things, which is pretty much what he had with stance changing before. If the CD is from the time the shock hits, the survivor will be able to interact with things for .5 seconds before Doc can stop them, making it 100% useless to shock someone during a chase.

    Regardless, .5 seconds is a tiny window, and, as someone who’s ok using his power in a chase now, his power being weak in a chase is one of the fundamental problems with him...and that’s very blatantly being kept in his rework.

  • @DocFabron said:

    It may not be as bad as we think. It may take into account from the time you shock, to the time it takes to get impacted by the shock.

    The cooldown is more than likely the compensation for not having to switch stances.

    Regarding the first point this is what I'm hoping but I doubt it.

    Right now it's...

    1. Change Stance
    2. Use Shock Therapy to Shock Survivor
    3. Change Back
    4. Hit

    Now it will be

    1. Shock survivor
    2. Wait 3 seconds
    3. Swing

    I'm really hoping the 3 seconds is when you start charging Shock Therapy and not after it hits. If it's the latter the power will be garbage. I'm referring to when you're at a pallet or vault btw otherwise I see no point to shock This is assuming the 3 second thing is legit anyways.

    The cooldown for Static Blast makes no sense though because at the moment being in Therapy Mode helps build up madness with static field. Now you have to rely on being near a survivor every 60 seconds or just doing it individually per survivor which waste so much time as killer. Also going to consider the 3 second slowdown or what ever is to warn survivors he's about to use shock blast so they can go in a locker before he uses it. Madness effects aren't even worth it the only thing you really want is survivors screaming or to stun them at a vault or pallet for a hit. - Also to clarify I don't mind it having a CD but 60 seconds is quite a bit considering Madness effects aren't good.

    Really hoping I'm wrong and but right now I'm feeling pretty disappointed and regretting thinking the changes would be good. I want to be wrong. Just waited so long for a Doc rework is all I had pretty high expectations.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974654#Comment_974654

    If the CD is from the time the shock finishes charging, Doc will have .5 seconds to hit a survivor who can’t interact with things, which is pretty much what he had with stance changing before. If the CD is from the time the shock hits, the survivor will be able to interact with things for .5 seconds before Doc can stop them, making it 100% useless to shock someone during a chase.

    Regardless, .5 seconds is a tiny window, and, as someone who’s ok using his power in a chase now, his power being weak in a chase is one of the fundamental problems with him...and that’s very blatantly being kept in his rework.

    With stance switch you had the full 2.5 seconds to hit them. It takes 1 second after shock for the effect to come in, and it takes 1 second to switch stance, which you can do while waiting for the effect, giving you the full time to get that hit in. So basically you get 1/5th the time AND you can't hit people for 3 seconds isn't that wonderful

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974686#Comment_974686

    With stance switch you had the full 2.5 seconds to hit them. It takes 1 second after shock for the effect to come in, and it takes 1 second to switch stance, which you can do while waiting for the effect, giving you the full time to get that hit in. So basically you get 1/5th the time AND you can't hit people for 3 seconds isn't that wonderful

    Well ######### a duck. That does make it an objective nerf then, I didn’t consider the fact you could be halfway through stance changing by the time the shock registered. You’re right though, that is how you used it in a chase. So yeah, definite nerf.

  • What the ######### do the dev's care?

    They have if not outright announced that they don't give two shits about killers because survivors and new players can be fleeced for more money.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974654#Comment_974654

    Regarding the first point this is what I'm hoping but I doubt it.

    Right now it's...

    1. Change Stance
    2. Use Shock Therapy to Shock Survivor
    3. Change Back
    4. Hit

    Now it will be

    1. Shock survivor
    2. Wait 3 seconds
    3. Swing

    I'm really hoping the 3 seconds is when you start charging Shock Therapy and not after it hits. If it's the latter the power will be garbage. I'm referring to when you're at a pallet or vault btw otherwise I see no point to shock This is assuming the 3 second thing is legit anyways.

    The cooldown for Static Blast makes no sense though because at the moment being in Therapy Mode helps build up madness with static field. Now you have to rely on being near a survivor every 60 seconds or just doing it individually per survivor which waste so much time as killer. Also going to consider the 3 second slowdown or what ever is to warn survivors he's about to use shock blast so they can go in a locker before he uses it. Madness effects aren't even worth it the only thing you really want is survivors screaming or to stun them at a vault or pallet for a hit.

    Really hoping I'm wrong and but right now I'm feeling pretty disappointed and regretting thinking the changes would be good. I want to be wrong. Just waited so long for a Doc rework is all I had pretty high expectations.

    From the designer notes, "The Doctor's base movement speed is still 4.6 m/s (the "regular" movement speed for most Killers), but he can now use Shock Therapy more easily as he doesn't have to switch stances to gain access to it. So we've added a brief pause after using Shock Therapy before he can attack or use another ability."

    It just says a brief pause however I've heard 3 seconds multiple times so.

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974689#Comment_974689

    From the designer notes, "The Doctor's base movement speed is still 4.6 m/s (the "regular" movement speed for most Killers), but he can now use Shock Therapy more easily as he doesn't have to switch stances to gain access to it. So we've added a brief pause after using Shock Therapy before he can attack or use another ability."

    It just says a brief pause however I've heard 3 seconds multiple times so.

    Leaks by Daylight got the PTB notes, so unless they got false info (and they generally have a good track record) it will be 3 seconds on the PTB.

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974689#Comment_974689

    From the designer notes, "The Doctor's base movement speed is still 4.6 m/s (the "regular" movement speed for most Killers), but he can now use Shock Therapy more easily as he doesn't have to switch stances to gain access to it. So we've added a brief pause after using Shock Therapy before he can attack or use another ability."

    It just says a brief pause however I've heard 3 seconds multiple times so.

    You receive a massive slow penalty while using Static Blast. That's what I'm referring to in my second post my bad if I wasn't clear or made a typo.

    "While charging Static Blast, The Doctor's movement is significantly reduced, and the ability has a long cooldown. The idea behind the design of Static Blast is to make it powerful as a location tool, but very difficult to use while in a chase, hence the limitations on its use. "

    From my understanding Static Blast has its own animation and everything so I'm sure it's meant to warn survivors of its use.

    I believe Shock Therapy is pretty much the same in terms of slowdown so it's same old same old for that part of his power.

    --

    Also regarding what LordRegal said I also referenced the leaked notes that indicate the 3 second thing but I think you know that.

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    It'll be fun, all the survivor mains will have a much more fun time playing against this killer when they're even worse! Let's even add a longer cooldown on shock therapy so that it's even less viable at loops! Right then.

    Thank you devs, very cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how my main does from now on or if rank 20 survivor main complaints actually made him lower tier than he already was. Guess Ruin will be a must have on Doc from now on... Oh wait

    The PTB isn’t even out, but yet people are making a big deal out of it.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118159/lets-nerf-a-killer-thats-already-mid-low-tier

    The PTB isn’t even out, but yet people are making a big deal out of it.

    PTB notes are leaked, 3s delay between using the ability and being able to swing at a survivor. But even if that wasn't the case, Doc is not a killer than needs nerfs in the slightest. He's among the worst killers rn.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974723#Comment_974723

    PTB notes are leaked, 3s delay between using the ability and being able to swing at a survivor. But even if that wasn't the case, Doc is not a killer than needs nerfs in the slightest. He's among the worst killers rn.

    True he is one of the worst, and the notes about him has been released. However, changes can be done after the ptb to fix those problems. Not only that, but if he gets punished that badly for using his ability. You have to look at it as why he gets that 3s delay. For example, Nurse gets a cool down for using her power, but everyone that knows how to use her, knows that she is still viable.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974793#Comment_974793

    True he is one of the worst, and the notes about him has been released. However, changes can be done after the ptb to fix those problems. Not only that, but if he gets punished that badly for using his ability. You have to look at it as why he gets that 3s delay. For example, Nurse gets a cool down for using her power, but everyone that knows how to use her, knows that she is still viable.

    Nurse can still blink and hit, doc can't and he's a baseline 115% killer with no means to stop loops.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/975099#Comment_975099

    Nurse can still blink and hit, doc can't and he's a baseline 115% killer with no means to stop loops.

    He can stop loops by using his blast to prevent survivors from dropping pallets. Also for the doc not needing to switch to two sides now, it makes it easier to use.

    You forgot that the nurse player gets punished way worst than doc if they miss.

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    It'll be fun, all the survivor mains will have a much more fun time playing against this killer when they're even worse! Let's even add a longer cooldown on shock therapy so that it's even less viable at loops! Right then.

    Thank you devs, very cool. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how my main does from now on or if rank 20 survivor main complaints actually made him lower tier than he already was. Guess Ruin will be a must have on Doc from now on... Oh wait

    I saw one Doctor within 140 (!) matches in red ranks. Now there will be 0.

    I really enjoy playing as Doctor. I thought he needed a slight buff instead. He is not this rare because he is "unfun" to play against, he is too weak for high rank gameplays.

  • What will the next "frustrating" thing be? That killers can break Pallets??

  • @Snapshot said:

    What will the next "frustrating" thing be? That killers can break Pallets??

    They will find enough things to complain about.

    • Bloodlust
    • Hag traps (facing the direction of the trap)
    • Insta chainsaw Billy
    • One shot Huntress
    • Devour Hope
    • Noed
    • ...

    I have already seen those complaints...no joke

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/975121#Comment_975121

    He can stop loops by using his blast to prevent survivors from dropping pallets. Also for the doc not needing to switch to two sides now, it makes it easier to use.

    You forgot that the nurse player gets punished way worst than doc if they miss.

    The cooldown on swings is 3s after using his zap, that's longer than the time it took to switch from treatment to punishment (1s). The timer on the inability to vault/drop is 2.5s. Do the math

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979643#Comment_979643

    The cooldown on swings is 3s after using his zap, that's longer than the time it took to switch from treatment to punishment (1s). The timer on the inability to vault/drop is 2.5s. Do the math

    I think that's the reason the devs have purposefully delayed the shock hitting the survivor (when they scream) so it's a second nerf following the first one ..

  • @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979757#Comment_979757

    I think that's the reason the devs have purposefully delayed the shock hitting the survivor (when they scream) so it's a second nerf following the first one ..

    See, the issue there is even with the 1s delay there's only a .5s window for the Doc to hit the surv, which is pretty much worthless because pallet drops beats out swings so unless the doc is right on top of the surv the hit won't register before the pallet drop.

  • @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979757#Comment_979757

    I think that's the reason the devs have purposefully delayed the shock hitting the survivor (when they scream) so it's a second nerf following the first one ..

    The 1 second delay on the shocks effect after shock therapy has been a thing you know. As of right now it gives Doc time to switch back, and gives him almost the full 2.5 seconds to get the hit in before they can drop the pallet. Now it's half a second, so like @Lucama said you're not gonna be able to get that hit anymore unless you're right on top of them. It should at least be reduced to 2 seconds imo as it would take 1 second to switch stance and 1 second to switch back. They probably won't though considering Doc is a killer after all lol

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979643#Comment_979643

    The cooldown on swings is 3s after using his zap, that's longer than the time it took to switch from treatment to punishment (1s). The timer on the inability to vault/drop is 2.5s. Do the math

    The cooldown for his swing is actually enough to hit a survivor because they still won’t be able to use pallets or vaults if you shock them. The devs also said they are going to make the timer shorter.

    I think you should do the math or do actual research because it’s confirmed that your 3 seconds delay is enough to hit a survivor while they are shock. I don’t know where you got that information that it was ”2.5” seconds from.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979757#Comment_979757

    The cooldown for his swing is actually enough to hit a survivor because they still won’t be able to use pallets or vaults if you shock them. The devs also said they are going to make the timer shorter.

    I think you should do the math or do actual research because it’s confirmed that your 3 seconds delay is enough to hit a survivor while they are shock. I don’t know where you got that information that it was ”2.5” seconds from.

    The 2.5 seconds he's talking about is the shock debuff that survivors get, his math is right. The way it works is you shock, it takes 1 second to register like always, and then survivors can't interact for 2.5 seconds, for a total of 3.5 seconds from shock to end of debuff. Doc however is unable to do anything for 3 seconds, which means there's half a second to get the hit in. And if they're at a pallet your lunge is not going to beat the throw. But hopefully they're going to change the 3s delay to something a bit more lenient.

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979664#Comment_979664

    They will find enough things to complain about.

    • Bloodlust
    • Hag traps (facing the direction of the trap)
    • Insta chainsaw Billy
    • One shot Huntress
    • Devour Hope
    • Noed
    • ...

    I have already seen those complaints...no joke

    Only 2 things on that list are an issue


    -Instasaw Billy

    -One shot huntress

  • The "instasaw" still takes awhile to charge and is tough to land. It's probably the fairest thing out there

  • This post did not age well, he's actually better.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979679#Comment_979679

    Only 2 things on that list are an issue

    -Instasaw Billy

    -One shot huntress

    I did not complain about it. I dont think any of these things are an issue.

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997650#Comment_997650

    I did not complain about it. I dont think any of these things are an issue.

    I know you didn't complain about it, but these have multiple issues to them imo

    Using infantry belt with iri head is really broken imo, as you could miss the first hatchet for the one hit and get 2 more to hit them with, which really doesn't punish you for missing with iri head


    Insta-saw billy has some major issues, being that it ends the chase really quick compared to M1 killers.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997845#Comment_997845

    I know you didn't complain about it, but these have multiple issues to them imo

    Using infantry belt with iri head is really broken imo, as you could miss the first hatchet for the one hit and get 2 more to hit them with, which really doesn't punish you for missing with iri head

    Insta-saw billy has some major issues, being that it ends the chase really quick compared to M1 killers.

    I totally get what you mean. Dont get me wrong, I understand your opinion. :)

    In my opinion there is aa decent chance to escape against both killers with those addons. But I can totally understand when people say its not funny to verse such killers. I think there should be some very very strong addons in the game. The killer should be able to be the power role in a match and with such addons they will mostly be this role (except they really suck :D)

  • Let's nerf hag

    Traps will be reduced to 5

    You can only place them every 30 second

    You can only teleport to the ones in your terror radius

    See?

    She is much more fun for low rank survivors!

  • @Thanatos_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988837#Comment_988837

    The 2.5 seconds he's talking about is the shock debuff that survivors get, his math is right. The way it works is you shock, it takes 1 second to register like always, and then survivors can't interact for 2.5 seconds, for a total of 3.5 seconds from shock to end of debuff. Doc however is unable to do anything for 3 seconds, which means there's half a second to get the hit in. And if they're at a pallet your lunge is not going to beat the throw. But hopefully they're going to change the 3s delay to something a bit more lenient.

    Wrong because before the doctor shock the survivor there will be a delay to when the shock actually hits the survivor. Thus giving the killer enough timer to get out of his stun timer and being capable of hitting the survivor.

  • Trapper should be next, nerf his traps, and they should automatically disarm after 30 seconds and he should only get 4 😂

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979664#Comment_979664

    They will find enough things to complain about.

    • Bloodlust
    • Hag traps (facing the direction of the trap)
    • Insta chainsaw Billy
    • One shot Huntress
    • Devour Hope
    • Noed
    • ...

    I have already seen those complaints...no joke

    Insta Saw Billy is extremely strong on any Billy who knows what they're doing, and BL is a bad game mechanic that was used to bandaid fix loops from 2017 that for a good majority don't really exist anymore.

  • People complain that he takes away stealth. There is nothing wrong with doctor. People just complain about anything.

‹ 1 2