"BHVR doesn't listen. BHVR doesn't care!" You're Wrong

They don't? This is why they always make constant changes to their game? Constant changes to perks, maps, and certain killer powers? It's because they don't listen or care? Hm. Makes PERFECT sense.


You DO NOT understand how much the game has changed if only you've been around for a while.

The pallets have been less and less.

Slow vaults are now a thing.

Killers with traps who depend on early game have been getting buffs.

They nerfed insta- heals because they LISTENED to the killers

They nerfed the 2 most top tier killers because they HEARD the survivors.


And the list just goes on and on and on... Basically, yes, BHVR DOES listen to us. Most of you are just too entitled and ungrateful to realize is.

Comments

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978323#Comment_978323

    Ruin was an issue for newer players as it disincentivised them from doing gens since at first most people struggle to hit great skillchecks regularly.

    Conversely, it is/was ineffective vs high nlevel survivors.

    New ruin works on all levels and incentivises the killer to put out pressure on the gens rather than just committing to one really long chase, since any gens only one person was working on would end up with some huge regression on switching targets.

    It had nothing to do with old ruin being OP, but an obstacle to new players coming into the game. And it was everywhere.

    exactly, means that when you approach a new game you need to get better in it.

    That is what I find challenging and interesting.

    basically now they just made it easy and gen rushing friendly.

  • @underlord99 said:

    "killers that depend on early game have been buffed"

    What buffs has trapper and hag gotten in the last 6 months?

    Yeah, I have exactly same question. I see that if survivors are crying on forums for example about freddy forever build patch was done in 1 week but when killers want some changes there is no response only another nerfs for killers. Everybody is argumenting with insta-heal nerf or balance landing - but its 2 nerf for 100 nerfs of killers and their perks. Its not equity.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979280#Comment_979280

    exactly, means that when you approach a new game you need to get better in it.

    That is what I find challenging and interesting.

    basically now they just made it easy and gen rushing friendly.

    Right, except it was to the point that they were penalised for attempting to learn, and many new players quit very quickly for a number of reasons. Ruin's prevalence is definitely one of them.


    Meanwhile Ruin had no effect on good players at high level, and so was useless but run anyway. Now it will actually have a function.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Or perhaps your not understanding..removing two pallets is not equal to slamming the killer meta with a sledge..giving killers the ability to close hatch came with the condition survivors get 3 chances to escape, every patch has been how survivors feel over and over for MONTHS..basement bug fixed in two days, killer sounds may not return EVEN now a month and a half later, sure had time to nerf oni to the point nobody plays him though despite spirit and wraith severely being bugged too..you see..we are what they are doing..its just far from equal

    They bring onis flick back

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979351#Comment_979351

    Right, except it was to the point that they were penalised for attempting to learn, and many new players quit very quickly for a number of reasons. Ruin's prevalence is definitely one of them.

    Meanwhile Ruin had no effect on good players at high level, and so was useless but run anyway. Now it will actually have a function.

    that was because in more than 3 years they didnt think of an alternative perk to replace ruin, now they didn't make things better, just better for new players, which is not a right strategy for an online game, if you lose your base, the game fails.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979465#Comment_979465

    that was because in more than 3 years they didnt think of an alternative perk to replace ruin, now they didn't make things better, just better for new players, which is not a right strategy for an online game, if you lose your base, the game fails.

    The new ruin is incredibly powerful lmao it just doesn't do the same job that it used to; we already have corrupt for that anyway.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979567#Comment_979567

    The new ruin is incredibly powerful lmao it just doesn't do the same job that it used to; we already have corrupt for that anyway.

    it's POTENTIALLY powerful,but don't forget that in high ranks we know more.or less where totems spawns, it's powerful in the long distance for sure, but how many games you played with an hex stays open in the long distance?

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979937#Comment_979937

    it's POTENTIALLY powerful,but don't forget that in high ranks we know more.or less where totems spawns, it's powerful in the long distance for sure, but how many games you played with an hex stays open in the long distance?

    In red ranks we have a tendency not to bother looking for the totem unless it's something like devour hope. Likewise, it would be more efficient to stick to a gen early game than to get off and look for the totem with new ruin.


    Don't get me wrong, I do think something needs to be done about the way hexes work; (especially if we're going to go down the route of strong late game hexes) I don't think totems are the way to go. But I have no better ideas atm.


    Often I leave games alive with Ruin still up, and as killer I get the same, with gens being worked on as if it wasn't there, so I don't even run it as a rule because it has almost zero effect on the survivors I go against on a regular basis.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    They don't? This is why they always make constant changes to their game? Constant changes to perks, maps, and certain killer powers? It's because they don't listen or care? Hm. Makes PERFECT sense.

    You DO NOT understand how much the game has changed if only you've been around for a while.

    The pallets have been less and less.

    Slow vaults are now a thing.

    Killers with traps who depend on early game have been getting buffs.

    They nerfed insta- heals because they LISTENED to the killers

    They nerfed the 2 most top tier killers because they HEARD the survivors.

    And the list just goes on and on and on... Basically, yes, BHVR DOES listen to us. Most of you are just too entitled and ungrateful to realize is.

    Then, may i ask, why is ruin not mentioned in the ptb survey?

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981146#Comment_981146

    In red ranks we have a tendency not to bother looking for the totem unless it's something like devour hope. Likewise, it would be more efficient to stick to a gen early game than to get off and look for the totem with new ruin.

    Don't get me wrong, I do think something needs to be done about the way hexes work; (especially if we're going to go down the route of strong late game hexes) I don't think totems are the way to go. But I have no better ideas atm.

    Often I leave games alive with Ruin still up, and as killer I get the same, with gens being worked on as if it wasn't there, so I don't even run it as a rule because it has almost zero effect on the survivors I go against on a regular basis.

    personally I look.for totem just after a while, when I play as surv, after 3 years into the game i learned to hit skill checks decently so i let someone else go look for ruin or other totems :)

    the real issue they dont (or pretend not to) consider is that this nerf will make any game in a big map, or in a "surv sided map" like coldwind, simply impossible for.killers, especially against a pre made team.

    Don't get me wrong,I myself play with a team often and get fun from it, but it doesnt mean it's fair or balanced.

    If they want to make this a standard, i'm pretty sure there will be a quick lose of interest in this game

  • Spirits change was a buff imo, but that's just me.

  • Infinite of misery says hello

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983259#Comment_983259

    personally I look.for totem just after a while, when I play as surv, after 3 years into the game i learned to hit skill checks decently so i let someone else go look for ruin or other totems :)

    the real issue they dont (or pretend not to) consider is that this nerf will make any game in a big map, or in a "surv sided map" like coldwind, simply impossible for.killers, especially against a pre made team.

    Don't get me wrong,I myself play with a team often and get fun from it, but it doesnt mean it's fair or balanced.

    If they want to make this a standard, i'm pretty sure there will be a quick lose of interest in this game

    I'll give you that. Those maps are awful. Earlier on I was trying to play Legion of all killers, and I got rotten fields, purgation, Sanctum of wrath (times 3) back to back. Unplayable as hell.

  • How are pallets less and less? do you even play the game, play on the hawking map you run 2 meters pallet another 2 meters again pallet, same for the "reworked" preschool.

    They did not buff the trapping killers, made their addons little better, but they did nothing for their basekit.

    If you go in kyf and practice for 10 mins, you can get a fast vault on 99% of the windows in the game. (its a fact, don't even argue about it).

    I'm with you on nerfing stuff on both sides, but don't go overkill with this (nerfing ruin is a mistake and they will feel it, if it goes live).

    Played this game for 3.5 years, but honestly the devs are doing more bad stuff than good, and it hurts me to see that.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983903#Comment_983903

    I'll give you that. Those maps are awful. Earlier on I was trying to play Legion of all killers, and I got rotten fields, purgation, Sanctum of wrath (times 3) back to back. Unplayable as hell.

    yeah dont tell me, made 3 games with Freddy and got 3 rotten fields...thought it was a joke XD

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984254#Comment_984254

    yeah dont tell me, made 3 games with Freddy and got 3 rotten fields...thought it was a joke XD

    Hey at least Freddy can deal gen pressure to some degree :P


    it sucks though. Idk how but they need to reduce some of the biggest maps' sizes ASAP.

    And maybe while they're at it add oin a rule that you cant have a super strong jungle gym right out of shack window on Sanctum of wrath when it's already such a good survivor map with its sheer size.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978294#Comment_978294

    This is very true; I don't like the way he likes to regularly insult and deride members of the community for very real concerns. And he isn't the only one I've come across doing that.

    Don't get me wrong, some people complain in the worst way, but his comments at times are just...oof. If a big company like Blizzard had someone in charge of development for one of their games say things similar to him, they'd have been lambasted and rightly lost a ton of PR/potential customers in an instant.


    Oh really? Blizzard? The company that said 'You think you do, but you don't.' The one that got up on stage and said 'You guys have mobile phones right?'

    Yet Blizzard games are still immensely popular.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979351#Comment_979351

    Right, except it was to the point that they were penalised for attempting to learn, and many new players quit very quickly for a number of reasons. Ruin's prevalence is definitely one of them.

    Meanwhile Ruin had no effect on good players at high level, and so was useless but run anyway. Now it will actually have a function.

    Ruin is used in 45% of all matches (80% in Red Ranks) it is not the prevelant. Not only that but how many low level/new killers even use Hag or have Ruin unlocked? The matches New Players get into are more likely to not have Ruin than to have it.

    @Awakey said:

    Spirits change was a buff imo, but that's just me.

    I need you to explain this. 🤨

  • Devs did not listen and did not care about Nurse mains when they added a cool down for merely moving around. Instead they nerfed the two addons that reduced the cool down, spitting in our faces.

    No consideration was taken for their enjoyment of the game. No QoL adjustments. Just an artificial limit on how well someone can do.

1 2 ›