Is it time to make secret offerings invisible?

Mostly survivors (i dont remember a killer dcing because of a secret offering) will dc because they see the secret offering. They always assume its a mori but sometimes i bring shroud of separation and someone dcs on the loading screen. If we just make the secret offerings not appear survivors would be none the wiser. Its just annoying to get a game put on shroud of seperation or maybe like cypress (i have to get a kill by my hand as hag for dr).

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Thats actually a good idea. With so few secret offerings, 3 of them being moris, its a giveaway anyway.

  • Thing is, secret offerings change the game significantly (for both sides), so in my opinion both killers and survivors need this extra bit of information to make better decisions at the start.

    • Survivors see a secret offering - it's probably going to be a short game (mori), so counter by rushing gens early
    • Killer sees a secret offering - they'll probably all spawn together, so i should head straight to the opposite side of the map and not be surprised if I lose a gen by the time I get there

    This info helps you get yourself in the right state of mind before the trial starts.

  • I think it's a good thing that survivors can see a mori coming and adjust their playing style accordingly. Removing that ability would be an indirect buff to moris, which really don't need it.

    I would suggest instead that the Shroud of Separation should just not be a secret offering. The survivors are going to know that it's a SOS as soon as they spawn in alone anyway, so there's not much point in it being secret.

  • As long as moris are cutting the entire game in an unskilled way, this is the only way to play around if you know whats probably coming.

  • the problem is, for a lot of people the way to play around is disconnecting.

  • I'd rather have all offerings be secret than only just a few.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I think it's a good thing that survivors can see a mori coming and adjust their playing style accordingly. Removing that ability would be an indirect buff to moris, which really don't need it.

    I would suggest instead that the Shroud of Separation should just not be a secret offering. The survivors are going to know that it's a SOS as soon as they spawn in alone anyway, so there's not much point in it being secret.

    Theres a difference between people adjusting accordingly and people just dcing because they thing its mori and even if it is it might end up being cypress. Its annoying to wait for a game finally get one ready to kill some survivors "survivor dced while in loading screen" well fudge guess im waitin again.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/961852#Comment_961852

    Theres a difference between people adjusting accordingly and people just dcing because they thing its mori and even if it is it might end up being cypress. Its annoying to wait for a game finally get one ready to kill some survivors "survivor dced while in loading screen" well fudge guess im waitin again.

    I know what you mean, but I think the solution to that isn't to buff moris but to do something about punishing DCers. People also DC due to being slugged or camped. That doesn't mean we should change the mechanics, it means we should punish the players for their unsportsmanlike behaviour.

  • They should make map offerings secret.

  • They should make the double bloodpoints offerings secret too. Then it might be a pleasant surprise for the non-toxic players that stayed in the game and perhaps a minor discouragement for casual DCers.

  • Any offering that isn't visible for BOTH sides, should be invisible. I've never once DC'd over something a surv brought. But more than half the time I run a secret offering as killer, it results in a DC, whether it's a mori or not...

  • @Raven014 said:

    I'd rather have all offerings be secret than only just a few.

    I was about to say that.

  • Would that mean the Offering screen gets skipped if only Secret Offerings get used? 🤔

  • I wouldn't really want to play against a survivor that feels the need to DC against a mori anyways. Good thing killer queues are instant - so if a survivor dodges, they get a dc penalty and you already have another game lobby.

    I'm not saying mori's aren't busted - I think they should only be usable when a survivor is dead on hook. But if you constantly keep running into people DCing from your hidden offerings, then just don't bring them. Bringing a SoS is a terrible idea anyways. Why would you ever want all of the survivors separated? And shame on you if you are bringing a mori when there aren't any Blendettes in the match and you don't have a Daily Ritual.

    I highly doubt all 4 survivors are going to DC during loading if you bring a mori. If you have a daily ritual, you are most likely going to be able to complete it even if only 2 survivors load into the match... Bring Rancor if it's that much of an issue.

  • @Raven014 said:

    I'd rather have all offerings be secret than only just a few.

    This. Only survivors see survivor offerings and no one sees the killer’s

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/961881#Comment_961881

    This. Only survivors see survivor offerings and no one sees the killer’s

    Yes. I would rather survivors not DC before the game starts. : P

  • When I know a mori is in play, I'll put less effort into the match, trying to die, and then I feel dejected if the killer doesn't use it on me. Or it'll turn out it was a Cypress Mori, and then I'm upset because I was hoping it was an Ebony.

    I'd be much better off not knowing about a mori being in play. Plus, it'd be more fun if the mori were a surprise.

  • My suggestion is that the killer's offerings be REFUNDED to them if ANY SURVIVOR DISCONNECTS. This would keep the killer's reward intact for getting a full 4 survivor mori if the players played dirty. This would also help players decide to play fair, instead of disconnecting to gift the killer all their add-ons and offerings back to them!

  • Wrong topic.

    Silly Raccoon.

  • How about...throw Mori's and Keys in the trash. Unbalances the game, not fun for either side. Then, remove secret offerings.

    /end of thread :)