Nurses kill rate has dropped even more

According to @Almo her kill rate for all platforms all maps is now 43.9% which is a 3 to 4% drop for all platforms. Id be interested in seeing her kill rate on PC and in Red ranks has that also dropped or stayed the same. It would also be interested in her pick rate now vs pre addon/basekit rework.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937955#Comment_937955

    Their opinion could not be representative of their game play. For example, Otz calls Nurse the best killer but this is what it actually looks like when he plays https://www.twitch.tv/videos/518788655?t=02h06m14s. He literally got bullied the entire game and only got kills at the end because the survivors got extremely cocky.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938001#Comment_938001

    Original poster says Nurse add on abusers quit playing Nurse.

    You are saying Nurse add on abusers are still playing Nurse.

    There is a clear contradiction here and only one or the other can be right. I do not know how I can make the explanation more simple.

    I mean, I can only talk about what I said so I didn't understand why that was being said. Also, I watched the game and Otz ######### up 3 times right in the beggining of the match, and I clocked the gen: it took 34 seconds for the first gen to pop lol. Also, my original point is still valid that a good nurse would still dominate, so a clip of Otz ######### up his blinks only really proves he is not the best nurse (what he openly admits because he hates the killer)

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937955#Comment_937955

    Their opinion could not be representative of their game play. For example, Otz calls Nurse the best killer but this is what it actually looks like when he plays https://www.twitch.tv/videos/518788655?t=02h06m14s. He literally got bullied the entire game and only got kills at the end because the survivors got extremely cocky.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938001#Comment_938001

    Original poster says Nurse add on abusers quit playing Nurse.

    You are saying Nurse add on abusers are still playing Nurse.

    There is a clear contradiction here and only one or the other can be right. I do not know how I can make the explanation more simple.

    And also, he intentionally paths his blinks wrong to showcase the new addon, it happens twice in the chase against the kate and a couple more times throughout the match

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937959#Comment_937959

    So, the original poster was wrong then. They stated the bad Nurse players that relied on add ons QUIT playing Nurse. If they are still playing Nurse, then the original poster was wrong.

    How am I wrong? @Almo said in a post her kill rate for all ranks is now 43.9%.

    this is said post im reffering to. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114364/some-data-on-legions-performance-since-the-oni-update/p1

    Also if you look at the data from November her kill rate for all platforms was around 46 to 48%

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019

    I was not referring to anything else. I simply asked in my post if they would be willing to share new data on the nurse.

  • And I'm terribly sorry but I will add a third thing, on that particular match you showed me he doesn't wait the full cooldown and blinks with only one charge 20 plus times, what is a terrible blunder on the new nurse

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938044#Comment_938044

    I mean, I can only talk about what I said so I didn't understand why that was being said. Also, I watched the game and Otz ######### up 3 times right in the beggining of the match, and I clocked the gen: it took 34 seconds for the first gen to pop lol. Also, my original point is still valid that a good nurse would still dominate, so a clip of Otz ######### up his blinks only really proves he is not the best nurse (what he openly admits because he hates the killer)

    My point being is that if you take the opinion from someone about Nurse that person should also have a good amount of game play showing that they are a proficient Nurse at red ranks (post-nerf). Otz saying Nurse is the strongest and playing like that is not particularly convincing.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938052#Comment_938052

    My point being is that if you take the opinion from someone about Nurse that person should also have a good amount of game play showing that they are a proficient Nurse at red ranks. Otz saying Nurse is the strongest and playing like that is not particularly convincing.

    Yes that is correct

  • Your point is valid, but you can also imagine that if he did not make those mistakes, he would have had a much smoother match and that is where the idea comes from

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937611#Comment_937611

    Well, his ptb games were fine, but im curious now. Do you have links?

    On the best map for Nurse and he only had a couple of hooks before all 5 gens were done. He killed 3 because he slugged at the end and they made a few mistakes at the end. He lost before the gens were done because the survivors were good, they exploited the new nurse and because of his cooldown he couldn't keep enough map pressure. If these survivors were on a map like Lery's, Stranger Things Map, Spirit or Oni's map, or on Rotten Fields, it would have been impossible to beat them, all four would have escaped.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/522042317


  • I feel like the whole “streamer says Nurse is still viable” argument ignores what people who play her more frequently have been saying, which is “yes we can still 4k with her, but we aren’t having fun anymore.” Otz and Tru3 are both excellent killers, but neither of them play Nurse much at all. So they’re going to approach it from a viability point, which is, yes, she’s still viable. I as a former Nurse main won’t argue that at all.

    What I will argue is she’s extremely unfun to play now. Every. Single. Time. I want to use my power as Nurse I am punished twice over for it. First by the fatigue, which was expected, and then the cooldown period, which is new. It’s made me legitimately not want to blink in games with her because I don’t want to use them and then be stuck in a waiting simulator watching my prey getting away. I played her seriously...3 games, post rework. 4ked all 3. But I remember just being so done with the game by the end of each one because I was just frustrated and not having fun. Fun is more important to me than winning. Had an Ace trolling me today as Trapper. He messed up finally and stepped in a random trap, I mocked him back (spinning camera around) and laughed as he DCed before giving the fourth player the hatch. That was fun. 4king as Nurse is extremely unfun and it’s why I’ve dropped the character.

    I know I’m not the only one who feels that way. Multiple people who loved playing Nurse have said more or less this. She has too many glaring weaknesses now that top level nurses can mitigate relatively well, but doing so is stressful and not at all fun. So if 7% of good Nurses dropped her for not having fun anymore, and no one new picked her up, we’d see her kill rate go down about that percent. And that’s more or less what’s happened, or at least it’s what I believe has happened so long as we don’t have updated pick rates for killers. I’m willing to bet Nurse had a pretty hard drop off in pick rate after people saw and tried out the changes, and that explains her new stats.

    Viability isn’t where Nurse is hurting. Fun is.

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937611#Comment_937611

    Well, his ptb games were fine, but im curious now. Do you have links?

    Nurse was further nerfed (blink cooldown timing after attack) after the PTB.

    Players played exactly 0 games and provided 0 feedback about the current version of Nurse before she went live - It shows.

  • She's in an awful spot. She's not fun at all because you get punished constantly for mistakes you didn't make. You're telegraphing where I'm going to land on this blink, so why am I also suffering a cooldown when the survivor reacts accordingly to it? She got nerfed because of how she was affecting high level play but the kit changes didn't seem to consider high level play.

  • @PalletOrWhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935684#Comment_935684

    I won't deny that. I played nurse with range addons for a long time (not omega, but still). Then I switched to base nurse (no addons) and she was terrible at first against decent survivors. Then I got used to her. After a while I realised that she was a monster even without addons. Now she is just unfun af.

    They wanted to change her just "slightly". This minor changes took everything from her lol. She is still good tho, but boring to play imo. That second cooldown (Fatique is a cooldown I think) is just too much.

    i had fun with nurse, but never enjoyed dealing with nurse because it was broken

    and now it feels like akuma or geese in tekken7, still top tier and having different rules ignoring originality of game

  • She's not fun right now for a few reasons. Barely any lunge is the most frustrating, which is ridiculous with the double cooldown. You BARELY miss a swing, which pisses you off anyway, but then it adds MORE time to the cooldown. It's also too easy to blink to a different level than the one you're on, which infuriates me. The final and most annoying feature is the god forsake autoaim, which targets the nearest pallet/bush/tree/anything but what you're aiming at.

  • Nurse players spent years at the top of the tier list alone, claiming she was fine balance wise - that survivors just needed to get gud and learn to play against her. Adapt was the word so often used. Just adapt!

    Now that it is their turn to adapt they don't like it. "She isn't fun!!" You know what? I only play in red ranks in a region well-known for its amazing nurses. Faced so many of them before our regions were split by the servers. Playing against those nurses was incredibly unfun.

    There is a reason why you only see the same names in every thread about nurse. So many people have no sympathy for these nurse mains who aren't having fun anymore. All other killers must play with few to none mistakes at the highest level in order to win. It's absolutely absurd that nurse mains alone expect to be the exception. Now you have to hit your blinks consistently to win. That isn't fun? Oh well. Find another killer. Maybe they'll revisit Nurse down the road if enough people stop playing her, but don't expect any changes any time soon.

  • @LordRegal said:

    I mean, powerful or not, I as a former Nurse main find her straight up unfun to play now. I don't enjoy having to wait twice after using my power every time. I've completely dropped the character since I just don't enjoy her anymore. I can still 4k with her without add ons, just like I used to, but it's extremely frustrating and just not rewarding anymore. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way either as there'e been multiple people saying more or less the same thing I have around here. So, if even a small percent of the "good nurse" population have stopped playing her, we'd see the numbers fall...like we have.

    Ditto, I was a basekit nurse and dropped her as well despite being able to 4k. The cooldown wasn't the way to go as it made her boring.

  • @Omans said:

    Nurse players spent years at the top of the tier list alone, claiming she was fine balance wise - that survivors just needed to get gud and learn to play against her. Adapt was the word so often used. Just adapt!

    Now that it is their turn to adapt they don't like it. "She isn't fun!!" You know what? I only play in red ranks in a region well-known for its amazing nurses. Faced so many of them before our regions were split by the servers. Playing against those nurses was incredibly unfun.

    There is a reason why you only see the same names in every thread about nurse. So many people have no sympathy for these nurse mains who aren't having fun anymore. All other killers must play with few to none mistakes at the highest level in order to win. It's absolutely absurd that nurse mains alone expect to be the exception. Now you have to hit your blinks consistently to win. That isn't fun? Oh well. Find another killer. Maybe they'll revisit Nurse down the road if enough people stop playing her, but don't expect any changes any time soon.

    If your logic were true, I’d drop the game, not the Nurse. Because all I’d be looking for were the “ez 4k”. That’s not why I play, I play for fun. Nurse is not fun. I have had a much better time on an enjoyment front playing Wraith and Legion, two middle-bottom tiers, than I have on Nurse the last month or so. I do not play for the ez 4k when I play the killer side of DbD. I play to have fun. And honestly, it’s the argument that Nurse mains don’t have a right to complain because she’s still strong that really annoys me...because for us, it’s not about viability as much as fun. And holy hell is it frustrating and painful to play her now.

    I’ll add that as a survivor Nurse was always my favorite to go against because I can’t loop and find looping incredibly boring. You can’t loop Nurse, you have to play intelligently. I could run most Nurses long enough they’d give up on me, even if they were downing teammates quickly. It was fun and required a different way to play. Now the very few times I see a Nurse (red ranks btw, if we’re humble bragging) it seems they’re lucky to get much of anything anymore unless they’re godlike with her, and I find her boring to go against because it’s so easy to drop chase.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937613#Comment_937613

    On the best map for Nurse and he only had a couple of hooks before all 5 gens were done. He killed 3 because he slugged at the end and they made a few mistakes at the end. He lost before the gens were done because the survivors were good, they exploited the new nurse and because of his cooldown he couldn't keep enough map pressure. If these survivors were on a map like Lery's, Stranger Things Map, Spirit or Oni's map, or on Rotten Fields, it would have been impossible to beat them, all four would have escaped.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/522042317

    Blood Lodge is a terrible map for nurse because of its size and long walls

  • @LordRegal said:

    I feel like the whole “streamer says Nurse is still viable” argument ignores what people who play her more frequently have been saying, which is “yes we can still 4k with her, but we aren’t having fun anymore.” Otz and Tru3 are both excellent killers, but neither of them play Nurse much at all. So they’re going to approach it from a viability point, which is, yes, she’s still viable. I as a former Nurse main won’t argue that at all.

    What I will argue is she’s extremely unfun to play now. Every. Single. Time. I want to use my power as Nurse I am punished twice over for it. First by the fatigue, which was expected, and then the cooldown period, which is new. It’s made me legitimately not want to blink in games with her because I don’t want to use them and then be stuck in a waiting simulator watching my prey getting away. I played her seriously...3 games, post rework. 4ked all 3. But I remember just being so done with the game by the end of each one because I was just frustrated and not having fun. Fun is more important to me than winning. Had an Ace trolling me today as Trapper. He messed up finally and stepped in a random trap, I mocked him back (spinning camera around) and laughed as he DCed before giving the fourth player the hatch. That was fun. 4king as Nurse is extremely unfun and it’s why I’ve dropped the character.

    I know I’m not the only one who feels that way. Multiple people who loved playing Nurse have said more or less this. She has too many glaring weaknesses now that top level nurses can mitigate relatively well, but doing so is stressful and not at all fun. So if 7% of good Nurses dropped her for not having fun anymore, and no one new picked her up, we’d see her kill rate go down about that percent. And that’s more or less what’s happened, or at least it’s what I believe has happened so long as we don’t have updated pick rates for killers. I’m willing to bet Nurse had a pretty hard drop off in pick rate after people saw and tried out the changes, and that explains her new stats.

    Viability isn’t where Nurse is hurting. Fun is.

    Oh ok I understand. To me, Nurse is still extremely fun, but now I get it. What do you think should be done?

  • @Uxoricide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935781#Comment_935781

    Ditto, I was a basekit nurse and dropped her as well despite being able to 4k. The cooldown wasn't the way to go as it made her boring.

    How does it make her boring? You just have to wait 4 seconds after 2 blinks if you spent all charges, and you always have the option to blink with only one

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938102#Comment_938102

    Blood Lodge is a terrible map for nurse because of its size and long walls

    That is very incorrect. It's her best map because it is open! No LOS breaks. BTW, in that video they hardly used dead hard. He could have had a much harder time against that perk, likely only having one hook before all gens were done.

  • “Small changes” they said but they destroyed her

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938483#Comment_938483

    How does it make her boring? You just have to wait 4 seconds after 2 blinks if you spent all charges, and you always have the option to blink with only one

    Blinking is her primary means of movement, patrolling, and chasing.

    Depending on the map and survivors, you can literally be spending 1/4+ of your game in cooldown.

    Exciting.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Nurse got trippled nerfed. Her cooldown, dedicated servers, and the sound issues right now make countering Nurse ridiculously easy.

    Sound issues also make Spirit pretty hard to play, I’ve been avoiding killer till they’re fixed.

  • I don't mind nurse getting a Nerf, It was needed but what It don't like its that it made an already difficult killer with a high skill cap even more unfun to play.

    This has nothing to do with Balance just that in my opinion punishing a missed attack that heavily while adding in more counter play (Her appearing before the killer has arrived) just made her stale to play.


    I'd rather they rework nurse's teleport to be honest, The game is 99% about looping and her mechanics are fundamentally broken.

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937848#Comment_937848

    He played her again today, and won. This discussion actually motivated me to go to some popular streamers and ask them, and I clipped their responses. Zubat said nurse was still viable

    Oh wow zubat won with a killer, stop the presses and make a special issue about it. Honestly when doesn't he win? That is rare on every killer.

    Viable? Ofc she is viable and probably always will be just that she lacks any kind of reward, people act like getting a hit is a high reward which basicly every killer can get. You can stun her out of blinks,so ignoring pallets is not true. Her mobility is heavily nerfed and there is no point in being good with nurse.

    An unfun killer that has no upsides, restricted to playin a boring way. What is the payoff for any person to learn nurse right now? There isnt one. Just a frustrating experience for people that dont know how to play her.

    BHVR should rework the ranking system so only good survivors are in red ranks, it is filled with potatoes no wonder people do 4k against that. But since they can give out stats which show nurse is fine aka red rank pc only stats where they just had the requirement of a red rank killer. So technically an old nurse main could go against people that are in green ranks, find me any semi decent nurse player that does not walk away with a 4k from that. Against surivors who are so bad that they do not even rank up when it is so easy to do.

    Against really good survivors nurse will struggle, no matter who you are. Thing is good survivors are a rare thing nowadays maybe they all got bored of the game being too easy at least that is what me and my friends feel.

  • @laurelstroodle said:

    If I need tbh nurse's kill rate dropped cause they increased their skillcap cause she was easy af to play with addons, you just had to play for a complete day and you already are decent playing her and say welcome to the 4k party.

    And if I remember most nurses I faced relied on omega blink or 3 blinks so since they nerfed those addons all of them quit playing nurse.

    It was NEVER easy to play her. They just adder a cooldown on top of the cooldown which is dumb and makes me don't want to play her anymore.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937955#Comment_937955

    Oh wow zubat won with a killer, stop the presses and make a special issue about it. Honestly when doesn't he win? That is rare on every killer.

    Viable? Ofc she is viable and probably always will be just that she lacks any kind of reward, people act like getting a hit is a high reward which basicly every killer can get. You can stun her out of blinks,so ignoring pallets is not true. Her mobility is heavily nerfed and there is no point in being good with nurse.

    An unfun killer that has no upsides, restricted to playin a boring way. What is the payoff for any person to learn nurse right now? There isnt one. Just a frustrating experience for people that dont know how to play her.

    BHVR should rework the ranking system so only good survivors are in red ranks, it is filled with potatoes no wonder people do 4k against that. But since they can give out stats which show nurse is fine aka red rank pc only stats where they just had the requirement of a red rank killer. So technically an old nurse main could go against people that are in green ranks, find me any semi decent nurse player that does not walk away with a 4k from that. Against surivors who are so bad that they do not even rank up when it is so easy to do.

    Against really good survivors nurse will struggle, no matter who you are. Thing is good survivors are a rare thing nowadays maybe they all got bored of the game being too easy at least that is what me and my friends feel.

    You can only stun her if the blink destination is in the pallet hit box

  • @Kwanghyun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935684#Comment_935684

    It was NEVER easy to play her. They just adder a cooldown on top of the cooldown which is dumb and makes me don't want to play her anymore.

    It was very easy to play nurse. It said hard but she has always been easier to play than Billy, Huntress and even Trapper. Just lile Spirit

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940185#Comment_940185

    It was very easy to play nurse. It said hard but she has always been easier to play than Billy, Huntress and even Trapper. Just lile Spirit

    Grasping for straws this hard?

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940185#Comment_940185

    It was very easy to play nurse. It said hard but she has always been easier to play than Billy, Huntress and even Trapper. Just lile Spirit

    lol

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940024#Comment_940024

    You can only stun her if the blink destination is in the pallet hit box

    Partly true. If she moves through the pallet as you throw it down, her blink gets stopped dead in the tracks. This worked in P2P, but was ridiculiously hard to time. But with dedicated servers its extremely easy now. Nurse no longer ignores pallets.

  • She dropped because the devs thought they were more knowledgable than others when they dont even play nurse

1 2 3 ›