DOCTOR NERFS

so apparently instead of better version of doctor we get a nerfed version to please the low ranks survivors that find doctor annoying. GUYS this is Freddy on release all over again!!! Low ranks complain and killers get nerfed.

Comments

  • To be fair - we should wait to see how it plays out. They did say it wasn't final.

    Everyone thought Freddy's rework was trash when they revealed it to us. He's literally one of the strongest killers in the game now.

  • He is annoying at every rank (Being weak/counterable doesn’t mean he can’t be annoying). Also, how is he getting nerfed?

  • Before I go grease up my pitchfork, can we get a list of changes for those of us who couldn’t watch the stream?

  • Are we just basing this on the leaked text, or was something just announced that I missed?

  • If you want to turn away new players then feel free to keep Doc the same. BHVR needs money so they don't care what others think.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    To be fair - we should wait to see how it plays out. They did say it wasn't final.

    Everyone thought Freddy's rework was trash when they revealed it to us. He's literally one of the strongest killers in the game now.

    I'm not referring to the Freddy "rework" I'm referring to how survivors complained about Freddy when he was barley released into the game and he got nerfed within the same week.


  • @GrootDude said:

    He is annoying at every rank (Being weak/counterable doesn’t mean he can’t be annoying). Also, how is he getting nerfed?

    I think the thing most people will talk about us the passive madness. They are taking it away, along with having to switch between punishment and treatment mode.

    So basically, survivors don't get madness simply for "existing". AKA - Doctor requires actual tracking.

  • @TAG said:

    Are we just basing this on the leaked text, or was something just announced that I missed?

    They announced the changes that they're going to do to his therapy mode in the live Q&A.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930461#Comment_930461

    I think the thing most people will talk about us the passive madness. They are taking it away, along with having to switch between punishment and treatment mode.

    So basically, survivors don't get madness simply for "existing". AKA - Doctor requires actual tracking.

    That doesn’t seem horrible to me

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930458#Comment_930458

    I'm not referring to the Freddy "rework" I'm referring to how survivors complained about Freddy when he was barley released into the game and he got nerfed within the same week.

    In context, that's a different kind of argument.

    I'm comparing actual similar things. We really need to wait how it plays out. People said reworked Freddy would be awful, and he's top tier. People said Ghost Face would be trash, and he's top tier (depending on the person playing him). I think it's fair to say you should wait and see. If he's really that bad in practice, I'll be right there with you.

  • They are changing the passive effect to be an active one with a 2 second charge time, and 60 second cooldown. They also are removing range boosting effects on his shock ability.

    However in return he no longer has to change stances at all, he will always have full movement except when charging an ability, he is going to get new add ons and one of them will basically cause his shock to stick to a target and jump to another survivor if they get close to them.

    There is also more stuff being changed- so overall I would just wait and see how it plays out. Doctor was annoying to play against even if he wasn't too strong overall; it sounds like they are trying to take away the annoying part but keep him at the same or slightly stronger power level- and then maybe make small buffs after that if he feels he needs them still.

  • They seem like buffs so far the stance switching was annoying as doc tbh

  • ALSO - Iri king adds counterclockwise skillchecks.

  • I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

  • It's actually quite bad, the power will be on a 60 second cool down when you already have that as a passive by simply walking around this change alone hurts his tracking by a lot.

  • Sorry that finding survivors will take a modicum of skill now lol.

    If anything it's overall a buff.

  • That doesn’t sound very good on paper, might be better in practice though.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930472#Comment_930472

    It's actually quite bad, the power will be on a 60 second cool down when you already have that as a passive by simply walking around this change alone hurts his tracking by a lot.

    His chase potential is going to be better though

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930483#Comment_930483

    That doesn’t sound very good on paper, might be better in practice though.

    I can't wait to use this with huntress lullaby and unnerving presence

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930491#Comment_930491

    I can't wait to use this with huntress lullaby and unnerving presence

    Have fun! :) (once it comes out XD)

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    Oh? That actually sounds really nice. I’m glad I didn’t grease my pitchfork.

    Are backwards skill checks basekit or only add ons? I ask because I prefer to run killers without add ons, so madness being more threatening at base would be a huge thing for me.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930491#Comment_930491

    I can't wait to use this with huntress lullaby and unnerving presence

    Calm down there Satan

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They are changing the passive effect to be an active one with a 2 second charge time, and 60 second cooldown. They also are removing range boosting effects on his shock ability.

    However in return he no longer has to change stances at all, he will always have full movement except when charging an ability, he is going to get new add ons and one of them will basically cause his shock to stick to a target and jump to another survivor if they get close to them.

    @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    Interesting. The one thing that worries me is the alleged removal of range add-ons, as one of the Doc's big problems was that the range on his Shock sucked badly. He's one of the weakest killers in the game currently IMO, so we'll see how this plays out.

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    Wil he start off with his static blast or will it be on cool down at the start of a trial? Because getting people into madness 1 is very crucial at the start of a trial.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Sorry that finding survivors will take a modicum of skill now lol.

    If anything it's overall a buff.

    Imagine finding 2-3 survivors together (or just going to an unhook) and shocking them all at once is nice. His passive madness was probably the thing most people hated about him (myself as well). Even not using it as a tracking thing he could be chasing someone 30 meters away with distressing and after 30ish seconds free tier up on me into tier 3.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930487#Comment_930487

    Oh? That actually sounds really nice. I’m glad I didn’t grease my pitchfork.

    Are backwards skill checks basekit or only add ons? I ask because I prefer to run killers without add ons, so madness being more threatening at base would be a huge thing for me.

    Add-ons, at least for the time being. The Doctor is a bit of an oddball here because he's sorta' based on the idea that you can "build your own madness" and pick the effects you want with add-ons, with the base madness being somewhat of a blank slate.

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    So no more impossible skillcheck doctor?

  • So he'll no longer be able to shut down loops or prevent window vaults? I mean the timing was already rough but was still possible, but with a 60 second cooldown there is barely any chase use to it now?

    Doc needed one of two things to improve, he needed a more reliable way to shut down loops, or he needed a better stall method. Not sure he is really getting either. I mean, an guaranteed shock hit is nice, but every 60 seconds? Really, was over-shocking his main issue?

    It almost seems like this is a change to benefit survivors more than the doc himself?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930507#Comment_930507

    Add-ons, at least for the time being. The Doctor is a bit of an oddball here because he's sorta' based on the idea that you can "build your own madness" and pick the effects you want with add-ons, with the base madness being somewhat of a blank slate.

    Ugh. I love Doctor, don’t get me wrong, but I do wish his madness was more interesting at base. I hate using add ons because they’re limited, and I don’t want to rely on them because I won’t always have them. Same reason why I don’t use items as a survivor. The changes to his kit sound fantastic but if his base kit madness is still a “blank slate”...that makes me a bit less enthused.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930461#Comment_930461

    I think the thing most people will talk about us the passive madness. They are taking it away, along with having to switch between punishment and treatment mode.

    So basically, survivors don't get madness simply for "existing". AKA - Doctor requires actual tracking.

    As a solo survivor who prefers a stealthy playstyle, I'm all for it.

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930489#Comment_930489

    Imagine finding 2-3 survivors together (or just going to an unhook) and shocking them all at once is nice. His passive madness was probably the thing most people hated about him (myself as well). Even not using it as a tracking thing he could be chasing someone 30 meters away with distressing and after 30ish seconds free tier up on me into tier 3.

    Exactly. A 60 second cooldown is longer but one use of static burst could put multiple survivors into the next madness level. Plus, ya know, walking at full speed! That's a big deal

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    So he'll no longer be able to shut down loops or prevent window vaults? I mean the timing was already rough but was still possible, but with a 60 second cooldown there is barely any chase use to it now?

    Doc needed one of two things to improve, he needed a more reliable way to shut down loops, or he needed a better stall method. Not sure he is really getting either. I mean, an guaranteed shock hit is nice, but every 60 seconds? Really, was over-shocking his main issue?

    It almost seems like this is a change to benefit survivors more than the doc himself?

    They didn't put the Shock attack on a cool-down; they changed his passive Static Field to a second, more powerful Shock attack with a cool-down.

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    Can you tell us if there will be some kind of change to his shock therapy range? Because the base range of his shock therapy at the moment is pretty damn bad. The addons that increase the range almost feel mandatory.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930507#Comment_930507

    Add-ons, at least for the time being. The Doctor is a bit of an oddball here because he's sorta' based on the idea that you can "build your own madness" and pick the effects you want with add-ons, with the base madness being somewhat of a blank slate.

    No treatmode at the beginning of the game worries me. However whispers seems like it will be very strong with him.

  • They're probably harder to hit than ever now. You can have small skill checks that go backwards and appear randomly around your screen. It really messes with you more than you'd think.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930524#Comment_930524

    They're probably harder to hit than ever now. You can have small skill checks that go backwards and appear randomly around your screen. It really messes with you more than you'd think.

    Wont this make him even worse against lower rank survivors though i thought that was the main reason people found him op he was good against new survivors but experienced ones could go around him.im not complaining though.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930524#Comment_930524

    They're probably harder to hit than ever now. You can have small skill checks that go backwards and appear randomly around your screen. It really messes with you more than you'd think.

    this add on when playing on the game map):

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930527#Comment_930527

    They didn't put the Shock attack on a cool-down; they changed his passive Static Field to a second, more powerful Shock attack with a cool-down.

    Oh awesome thanks, I thought that 60 second shock was going to be his only ability!

  • Gonna' drop it here because there's a lot of questions: I can't spill all the beans just yet, today's stream was just a quick teaser. We'll have more details in the new year.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930523#Comment_930523

    No treatmode at the beginning of the game worries me. However whispers seems like it will be very strong with him.

    The range of Whispers is 32m, right? And his TR is 32m. Sooo you'll never waste a static burst with that perk.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930466#Comment_930466

    In context, that's a different kind of argument.

    I'm comparing actual similar things. We really need to wait how it plays out. People said reworked Freddy would be awful, and he's top tier. People said Ghost Face would be trash, and he's top tier (depending on the person playing him). I think it's fair to say you should wait and see. If he's really that bad in practice, I'll be right there with you.

    Ghostface WAS trash. They had to buff him a ton and THEN he was a strong killer. Prior to his buffs he was 100% a terrible Killer.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930541#Comment_930541

    The range of Whispers is 32m, right? And his TR is 32m. Sooo you'll never waste a static burst with that perk.

    Exactly the point I making. The cooldown seems a bit much but we'll see what happens

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930475#Comment_930475

    Ghostface WAS trash. They had to buff him a ton and THEN he was a strong killer. Prior to his buffs he was 100% a terrible Killer.

    His buffs were extremely minimal though, and that's all it took. That still doesn't change that everyone thought rework Freddy would just be "man with knife fingers" and he turned out top tier.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930560#Comment_930560

    His buffs were extremely minimal though, and that's all it took. That still doesn't change that everyone thought rework Freddy would just be "man with knife fingers" and he turned out top tier.

    They increased the exposed timer up to 60 seconds from 20. Made stalk progress not fade. Removed a global sound on entering stealth. Removed the loud sound he makes while "stealthed" (which was the changed that allowed the current anti-heal build). Increased the stalk range and made it harder to reveal him.

    Those buffs are neither trivial nor small.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930477#Comment_930477

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930487#Comment_930487

    Interesting. The one thing that worries me is the alleged removal of range add-ons, as one of the Doc's big problems was that the range on his Shock sucked badly. He's one of the weakest killers in the game currently IMO, so we'll see how this plays out.

    His base range is getting improved a little bit so it should be better overall since that means a free add on slot. If they even improve his range by say 20% or something that would be really good, so sure no 50% boost but instead you get 20% and can take a different add on instead.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930568#Comment_930568

    They increased the exposed timer up to 60 seconds from 20. Made stalk progress not fade. Removed a global sound on entering stealth. Removed the loud sound he makes while "stealthed" (which was the changed that allowed the current anti-heal build). Increased the stalk range and made it harder to reveal him.

    Those buffs are neither trivial nor small.

    Whatever the case - it still doesn't dismiss the very same point I made with Freddy. Not exactly why you keep arguing about it, lol

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930574#Comment_930574

    Whatever the case - it still doesn't dismiss the very same point I made with Freddy. Not exactly why you keep arguing about it, lol

    Because you replied contesting my contesting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930516#Comment_930516

    His base range is getting improved a little bit so it should be better overall since that means a free add on slot. If they even improve his range by say 20% or something that would be really good, so sure no 50% boost but instead you get 20% and can take a different add on instead.

    That's good. Overall, this SEEEEEMS like good changes, but we won't know for sure until we get our hands on him.

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say try it first. You've only heard part of the changes, jumping to a conclusion now is silly.

    For those who missed it:

    • Treatment mode is gone. You no longer need to switch modes to shock survivors. (Shock and then hit people quicker.)
    • The Static Field has been replaced with a Static Blast. This shocks your full terror radius and gives any survivor hit by it a full tier's worth of madness. Cooldown of 60 seconds.
    • Various add-on improvements.
    • Backwards skill checks in madness.

    And there will be a PTB first, of course, which means it could change before going live.

    Also he'll be getting his own unique chase music. That doesn't really affect balance, but it's cool and I figured I should mention it.

    Omg, why did the Nurse and Freddy not get their own chase music aswell? :(

‹ 1 2 3