Dodging Oni is way too ez
His dash, and his power attack are so easy to dodge now what's the point of having them? Almost every Oni I face I kinda just turn right or left depending on what they're doing and they can't punish that. It's actually kinda funny now.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
They nerfed him into the ground for sure. He was strong, fun, and actually intimidating to go against. Now he is just a much weaker Billy. They took something great they created and threw it in the dumpster. After everyone paid for it, of course.
Shhh. This doesn't follow the narrative of "every killer must be a loopable #########" that this community has.
This. I honestly wish i never buyed it now. The bugfix to prevent players from doing a 180 flick was totally fine, but somehow they messed up and gave him a ~45° flick with a short buildup slowdown kinda like bubbas chainsaw. I tested a lot of builds and he's playable with two specific addons, demon dash charge boost and demon dash speed. Every other addon makes his ability useless at loops and against good survivors out in the open.
Please don't drama queen the changes were not that heavy. You make it look like any legitimate concerns look like a joke and not to be taken seriously; that's all you are doing.
Great, if it works for you. But honestly, I cannot dodge something with a hitbox as big as a baseball court.
I don't know. I get those downs most of the time. You really don't need to press M1 for that long, it's a matter of miliseconds. There's a sound cue before you can release M1; Oni grunts when you can release M1, you can also look at the hud to know how long it takes to release M1.
I think that it will be a matter of muscle of memory once you get the hang of it.
EDIT: Noticed he just grunts once and it's when you can release M1.
Well you know, some players see something new, instead of waiting, they cry for nerfs. Bhvr just caves and that is the result when people got some practice in playing against that killer.
I’ve always had an easy time dodging it
Just remember, they buried Nurse, and those were considered 'small tweaks.' They needed to bury Oni as well, seeing as I don't see him. At all.
He feels scarier to me when not in Blood Fury lol. Just hug tight corners and use windows when he's in Fury.
Nurse and Oni are dead. But just in your dreams.
Nurse is pretty dead.
Remember killers must be fun to play AGAINST, not as.
Guess the devs don't follow their own rules about giving updates some time before making changes again.
They nerfed Oni after ptb and instead of waiting a month or so to see how people adjusted, they nerfed him again lol (this time way too extreme).
Oni had the potential to be one of the most fun killers in the game. Sad.
Not that heavy? Then why everyone is dropping Oni?
I don’t have him so I can’t comment on his nerf, but I will say the amount of Oni-chans that I have been facing has become nonexistent for the past 3 days. I play a lot and I haven’t seen him at all.
I guess killers who liked him can’t stand him anymore. It’s a shame, I was terrified of him. He had a great presence, and his soundtrack along with his roar instilled great fear. The design team really did a great job with him.
Demo's shred is also super easy to dodge.