So yeah this Oni character..

When i first started playing DBD 3 years ago this gake was terrifying i didnt know running left a trail behind i started with 0 items perks or knowlegde to what i was getting into as mainly a survivor. Years have past since then and the fear had depleted. The last time i felt dread was hearing the plague consumption ding go off and that was like what 3 or 4 chapters ago? Now we have this Oni character and I got to say his design is the least terrifying thing I've ever seen in this game and its quite a big disappointment. I cant be the only one thinking this right?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • He looks like he belongs in tekken or soul calibur.

  • I always thought Huntress's design was the least scary in DBD.

  • Any kind of fear as survivor is gone within first 15-20 hours of playing the game, until you realize that this game is a killer bullying simulator and not a hide and seek. No matter how they design a killer it just isn't gonna be scary for anybody over rank 15.

  • @FlanGodFlame said:

    When i first started playing DBD 3 years ago this gake was terrifying i didnt know running left a trail behind i started with 0 items perks or knowlegde to what i was getting into as mainly a survivor. Years have past since then and the fear had depleted. The last time i felt dread was hearing the plague consumption ding go off and that was like what 3 or 4 chapters ago? Now we have this Oni character and I got to say his design is the least terrifying thing I've ever seen in this game and its quite a big disappointment. I cant be the only one thinking this right?


  • Nah, for me that's Clown.

    I feel like you're either scared of clowns in general, or he's just a jolly ol' clown.

  • It's a similar issue to Demo, every single thing he does has a large map wide telegraph so you know exactly where he's at and what he's doing. You aren't gonna get snuck up on or surprised that he's in demon form. They give too much information freely to the survivors and that lowers the fear factor. That and just that most killers are weak, that hurts the scare factor as well.

  • I find him one of the scariest in the game.

    Though to be fair his looks have nothing to do with that but hearing RAGGHHHhhhh and then "ᵗʰᵘᵈ....ᵗʰᵘᵈ....thud...thud...THUD THUD THUD!!"" is genuinely startling lol.

  • As a survivor I love ONI. When he screams we all know that trouble will come. He is scary because he can track you with your blood.

    Very good Oni killers can wipe a team easily.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    I always thought Huntress's design was the least scary in DBD.

    For me she Is scary the axes hitboxes terrifys me greatly.

  • In my honest opinion, no other killer terrifies me more than the Oni. The reason why Myers is terrifying because you don't know when he'll pop up, but with Oni it's the exact opposite. When I hear Oni going into Rage Mode it genuinely terrifies me. Makes me anxious. When he downs a survivor across the map slamming his big club....like damn. And when I hear him coming I piss myself.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    I always thought Huntress's design was the least scary in DBD.

    Tbh if you know her lore she’s trying to be unthreatening since she would lure children and steal them, but not know how to care for them so they’d die anyways :/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I find him one of the scariest in the game.

    Though to be fair his looks have nothing to do with that but hearing RAGGHHHhhhh and then "ᵗʰᵘᵈ....ᵗʰᵘᵈ....thud...thud...THUD THUD THUD!!"" is genuinely startling lol.

    Exactly

  • @FlanGodFlame said:

    When i first started playing DBD 3 years ago this gake was terrifying i didnt know running left a trail behind i started with 0 items perks or knowlegde to what i was getting into as mainly a survivor. Years have past since then and the fear had depleted. The last time i felt dread was hearing the plague consumption ding go off and that was like what 3 or 4 chapters ago? Now we have this Oni character and I got to say his design is the least terrifying thing I've ever seen in this game and its quite a big disappointment. I cant be the only one thinking this right?

    The sad part about video game horror is that once the initial shock factor and mechanics are mastered, you become less scared. There's a lot of honourable mentions that achieve some unpredictably, but once it becomes predictable the fun people find in horror is gone. Except when it's a stealth character, then I always get scared the crap out of!

  • I couldn't disagree more, though it seems with every killer there's going to be at least someone who says it isn't scary to them.

    But like Spaz and Boss said... how is the Huntress scary? Unless you have some special phobia of clowns, how is the Clown even remotely scary? I think Oni is just about objectively more intimidating than either of them.

    If a giant Samurai in an Oni mask was charging toward you one night, that would be terrifying. The Clown is just a fat guy in makeup, the Huntress is just a tall lady with a rabbit mask.

  • I find him terrifying(probably cause I've encountered him only 2 times) but I still dont like the way he charges, that gets me. Thankfully I've already figured out how to counter the Oni and I've not been hooked so far against the Oni. Pig still gets me even when I know where she is, Spirit is still scary because I dont know how to counter and she kinda just is, Michael Myers, the Hag only surprises me for awhile a little scared too, then for Demogorgon, all of them always know what to do which actually scares me because I just all of a sudden see him in my face. But Oni still terrifying even when he isn't raged.

  • Honestly, the Oni was...disappointing to begin with

  • The original killers are in my opinion the only scary ones. The hag isn't scary after the first time you trip a trap, huntress is creepy and I like that

  • No killer in this game is terrifying but at least the stealth killers can give you some jumpscares. Would be cool if the next killer would be a stealthy one again.

  • I think he's really scary.

  • I think it has to do with the atmosphere of the game. The atmosphere in the early dbd prototypes looks way more scarier and I’m pretty sure I would be more terrified of the killers. Especially stealth killers.

    384170C8-BEEA-4C42-82A5-1B13FCA1F571.jpeg EB4907E7-2A17-4458-A6D9-1ADE90FBCF50.jpeg 3F87DEAB-96E3-404A-A010-62F06933535E.jpeg


  • The huntress isnt scary at all. I think shes the most sexy killer on that game. But i havent went against the plauge or oni yet. So idk. So idk

  • I dont see it, even his atmoshpere i just dont find fear inducing what so ever.

  • His design not scary, cosmetics barely giving him any fear factor. His actions in game aside from his mori dont match with a blood thirsty demon of a samurai (have you seen how gently he places people on hooks?). His sounds honestly feels like im just going up against the Demagorgon and we all know froggy boy isnt scary. The only thing scary about him at this point is the unnatural amounts of lag and frame skips that occur to me and other survivors when he starts naruto dashing across the map. Im sorry to those of you that enjoy everything about him I just dont see anything appealing and I stand by my opinion that the devs shouldve have moved forward instead of going back to chapter nine to give a mask a body ¯\_(' ¬')_/¯

  • @vossler24 said:

    Finally mastered Oni and oh boy oh boy is he good, not nurse pre-nerf S tier but above current nurse (which I feel now sits mid A tier, R.I.P nurse, new players will never get you) Oni, oh boy, his run is infinite to however long his power lasts and will get you a hit almost always, with the only counter being to time his turns and attacks, down a straight line or if a survivor turns too early or late, it's a hit, his insta down attack, yeah takes time but again, used right, wow, his perks are garbage except for new players, he is great for learning maps, and after returning to the game seeing I have to start once more at rank 20 from 1 (DBD and I had a falling out due to killers not even being a threat minus nurse but I could never get use to her) so I used all BP in a different killer to start anew with Oni, rank 20-13 the survivors may as well not even existed (many months I was gone for, I lost alot of skill but Oni really dragged me back up) rank 12-7 toxic players with toxic messages but they faired a bit better, cause I was trying different combos to make him optimal instead of my safe go to, dying light, thanatophobia, ruin and overcharge/huntress lullaby/devour hope, I tried spies, predator, nurse's calling and deerstalker, Oni becomes impossible to hide from, but gen rush still always a pain, I didn't miss the 2:18 games survivors could do, shame to see gens hasn't been sorted yet, I tried all TR perks that makes being nearby a pain, still gen rush, but in solo games, try the one that I mentioned where he is impossible to hide from, other than that to all I've tried, the 4 I use typically is the only way to get enough time to actually play the game, but that's fine, I still want to track, I have time to find but injured survivors can get away, so there are some add ons that increases the blood orbs frequency, and some that increases range you can see, either have 1 of each or 2 of the frequency, never lose a survivor and power build up super fast, he is basically a disciplined hillbilly that can track, and is the tracking that makes him as good as hillbilly but his dash doesn't get affected by walls, which I feel tops hillbilly, Oni is best played at high sensitivity if you want to make top use of his power, so he is much stronger on PC than console

    Forgot to add he took me back to rank 1 in a day

    O¬O jesus man.

  • @vossler24 said:

    Finally mastered Oni and oh boy oh boy is he good, not nurse pre-nerf S tier but above current nurse (which I feel now sits mid A tier, R.I.P nurse, new players will never get you) Oni, oh boy, his run is infinite to however long his power lasts and will get you a hit almost always, with the only counter being to time his turns and attacks, down a straight line or if a survivor turns too early or late, it's a hit, his insta down attack, yeah takes time but again, used right, wow, his perks are garbage except for new players, he is great for learning maps, and after returning to the game seeing I have to start once more at rank 20 from 1 (DBD and I had a falling out due to killers not even being a threat minus nurse but I could never get use to her) so I used all BP in a different killer to start anew with Oni, rank 20-13 the survivors may as well not even existed (many months I was gone for, I lost alot of skill but Oni really dragged me back up) rank 12-7 toxic players with toxic messages but they faired a bit better, cause I was trying different combos to make him optimal instead of my safe go to, dying light, thanatophobia, ruin and overcharge/huntress lullaby/devour hope, I tried spies, predator, nurse's calling and deerstalker, Oni becomes impossible to hide from, but gen rush still always a pain, I didn't miss the 2:18 games survivors could do, shame to see gens hasn't been sorted yet, I tried all TR perks that makes being nearby a pain, still gen rush, but in solo games, try the one that I mentioned where he is impossible to hide from, other than that to all I've tried, the 4 I use typically is the only way to get enough time to actually play the game, but that's fine, I still want to track, I have time to find but injured survivors can get away, so there are some add ons that increases the blood orbs frequency, and some that increases range you can see, either have 1 of each or 2 of the frequency, never lose a survivor and power build up super fast, he is basically a disciplined hillbilly that can track, and is the tracking that makes him as good as hillbilly but his dash doesn't get affected by walls, which I feel tops hillbilly, Oni is best played at high sensitivity if you want to make top use of his power, so he is much stronger on PC than console

    Forgot to add he took me back to rank 1 in a day

    If you think Oni is above Nurse, then who are your top 5 killers?

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    I always thought Huntress's design was the least scary in DBD.

    It's scary how calm she is

  • Oni just wants to get rid of fake samurai. He's honorable but has a few anger issues.

    Offer him some sake and do gens while he's relaxing. Ez game.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    No killer in this game is terrifying but at least the stealth killers can give you some jumpscares. Would be cool if the next killer would be a stealthy one again.

    ..... no