Am I The Only One Thinking This Seems A Bit Like Favoritism?

The basement/wiggle bug is ruining games for survivors and is being abused by a few killers, so its already being fixed within a day. This seems good right? A game breaking bug that put the other side an extreme advantage is being fixed quickly?

Who else remembers wake up and SB abuse? I cant remember exactly but it was definitely alot longer than 1-2 days before it was even announced to be being fixed much less actually fixing it, survivors were ending games ridiculously fast and constantly abusing it but its not fixed near as fast as the basement bug? I understand ones one every map and one was a perk but I saw at least one every game I played.

I'm not saying it is them favoring survivors or that they dont care about killers but how am I supposed to look at this and not think that?

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    Well that's simple. One was an easy fix, the other was not. If we can quickly find what's causing the problem, we're going to fix it as soon as we can. If we can't find what's causing it, we can't fix it.

    I wish some of these posters lived nearby, to be honest.

    I'd never have to buy tinfoil again!

  • this post is soooo cringe, man! lol

  • @Peanits said:

    Well that's simple. One was an easy fix, the other was not. If we can quickly find what's causing the problem, we're going to fix it as soon as we can. If we can't find what's causing it, we can't fix it.

    You could of simply disabled the perk until a fix was out. But instead you let survivors run rampent and ruin the game.

    OR you could of announced it in game so people didn't use it, then banned those who continued too use it.

    There were so many options BHVR didn't choose too fix it correctly, just my opinion though.

  • I think someone has favoritism over what they see the devs fixing.

    Also hasn't the team grown a lot since Wake Up days?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Gotta appease survivors first and foremost killers are still getting stuck on genes.

    You spelled killer wrong. Remember, End Game was implemented to appease killers just because survivors stayed in the game longer or trolled. We won't talk about killers that slug because it's not like that isn't the same thing as delaying game like toxic survivors.

  • Sounds more like, the game is finally turning a. Ton of money and players compared to before. Be happy fixes are happening within a day, especially when you factor its on 5.different systems.

  • @xRem said:

    The basement/wiggle bug is ruining games for survivors and is being abused by a few killers, so its already being fixed within a day. This seems good right? A game breaking bug that put the other side an extreme advantage is being fixed quickly?

    Who else remembers wake up and SB abuse? I cant remember exactly but it was definitely alot longer than 1-2 days before it was even announced to be being fixed much less actually fixing it, survivors were ending games ridiculously fast and constantly abusing it but its not fixed near as fast as the basement bug? I understand ones one every map and one was a perk but I saw at least one every game I played.

    I'm not saying it is them favoring survivors or that they dont care about killers but how am I supposed to look at this and not think that?

    Oh my God. Will you killer mains shut up for one second?

  • @xRem said:

    The basement/wiggle bug is ruining games for survivors and is being abused by a few killers, so its already being fixed within a day. This seems good right? A game breaking bug that put the other side an extreme advantage is being fixed quickly?

    Who else remembers wake up and SB abuse? I cant remember exactly but it was definitely alot longer than 1-2 days before it was even announced to be being fixed much less actually fixing it, survivors were ending games ridiculously fast and constantly abusing it but its not fixed near as fast as the basement bug? I understand ones one every map and one was a perk but I saw at least one every game I played.

    I'm not saying it is them favoring survivors or that they dont care about killers but how am I supposed to look at this and not think that?

    Backseat deving a bit, but yeah I really don't see how a perk takes a month+ to fix but literally falling through the bottom of the map and not being able to wiggle is a 2 day fix just my opinion I think it's pretty 1 sided as well take what you will.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897856#Comment_897856

    Most of the gamer population dont understand how coding a game works. They always see the visuals of the product I.E inside of a cave while exploring. They dont realize the countless hours it takes to make the lighting and textures while making it synch up with other aspects of the game without creating issues with say a underground forest in another area.

    They may understand that it is code, but they do not seem to understand that a single error of a random digit can have drastic effects in another spot.

    Either way good work patching the basement issue ASAP keep it up.

    Literally came here to say that. Sometimes it just as easy as changing a line of code while others you have to redo the entire system. (Also killer main)

  • @xRem said:

    The basement/wiggle bug is ruining games for survivors and is being abused by a few killers, so its already being fixed within a day. This seems good right? A game breaking bug that put the other side an extreme advantage is being fixed quickly?

    Who else remembers wake up and SB abuse? I cant remember exactly but it was definitely alot longer than 1-2 days before it was even announced to be being fixed much less actually fixing it, survivors were ending games ridiculously fast and constantly abusing it but its not fixed near as fast as the basement bug? I understand ones one every map and one was a perk but I saw at least one every game I played.

    I'm not saying it is them favoring survivors or that they dont care about killers but how am I supposed to look at this and not think that?

    Yuh let's forget about the bugs that lasted longer than a couple days messing the game up for survivors and only focus on killers lol, bet you wanted to abuse it more hu?

  • Yeah but I wiggle out of it all the time unless I'm in there.

  • @GrootDude said:

    What about tinkerer 2 and both of the legion blades bug?

    Flashlights saves cancelled by dropping for months was another one.

  • Does anyone here remember when they completely ######### up sound occlusion with patch 1.9.2? They fixed it for survivors in, like, three days, whereas killers had to wait until the clown's patch dropped, four months later.

  • What about killer audio still not being fixed after more than a month now...

  • Killer mains thinking the devs favour survivors over killers.

    rofl

  • Thank you Peanits for clarifying this issue as an issue of one being more complex and the coding being what it was.


    Thank you xRem for bringing up an issue YOU deemed viable for discussion. Every OPINION matters and the FACT that you wanted a FACTUAL answer is great. Thank you both.

1 2 ›