This will get a DC from me every time

The match had just started. I spawned in a big area surrounded by 3 walls. Before I had the chance to get out of the area I heard the killer coming. I hid in a locker. Another survivor hid in the locker next to me. As the killer came to the area where we were hiding the other survivor jumps out of the locker and points at the one where I am hiding.

The killer walked right by this survivor and didn't even bother to take a swing at them. He then opened the locker where I was and pulled me out and walked away. The other survivor followed. As soon as I was hooked the same survivor walked up and unhooked me. Once again the killer didn't even bother to take a swing at them, but hit me immediately.

Yes, I DC'd, and for the record I will DC EVERY SINGLE TIME this happens.

The killer sends me an angry message about being a sore loser and breaking the rules. The same killer that can only keep from being a loser by breaking the rules and working with a survivor sent me a message about those things.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @raulblideran said:

    If smth like that happens for me when i'm playing killer i straight up go after the #########. I can't tolerate survivors like that, and in fact, I will tunnel the living nightmare out of those players. I hate it when it happens to me as a surv thus the reason why as a killer i'm not killing the nice guy.

    I've done similar. Survivors pointing at a locker of a fellow survivor, and I down them, nod at the locker, and take the pointer away. Give them a head start to run.

    I've had one situation where they body blocked their own teammate in a corner, where it seemed intentional. I accidentally downed that person. So after I got the blocker on a hook, I picked the other up and stood still so they could get back up.

  • @Pulsar said:

    When you break the rules but you insist it wasn't your fault.

    Its not my fault officer the money tempted me to steal it!

  • @yermom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894932#Comment_894932

    I write their names down, and keep an eye out! haha. I know It's an unhealthy practice to let negative emotions determine one's own behavior, but it's better than DCing. Like it or not, DCing is breaking the rules, too, which means you're contradicting yourself by pointing the finger at them. I know it's not convenient for what your complaint is, as it is griefing to some extent, but there are better ways to handle it than by DCing.

    I've had similar experiences, too. I don't often hide, but one time right after rank reset I was in a trial with a bunch of altruistic potatoes. There were two of us left, and after visiting all the generators I noticed I as the only one visiting them to repair. I had enough, so I hid in a corner for a few minute but got bored, so i started looking for alternative objectives and eventually the other survivor finds me, with the killer right behind them. The surv points at me a bunch and the killer hits me, while the survivor tries to body block me. A chase ensues until I am downed and the survivor tbags me a bunch, before I am sacrificed. I watch the rest of the match and the killer lets this survivor farm them for a while.

    It was hard to not take this personally, but these things are going to happen, and it's good to learn this sooner than later. People can be messed up, and there's some weird aggression directed at people who hide, even if for only a moment.

    DC'ing still isn't the case of this problem but ok.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Just so you know, the devs have stated that admitting on the forums to doing bannable offenses can get you banned. Idk how strict that is in regards to DC'ing but it's been said.

    Also, that is no reason to DC. You made misplays and could have even run DS to counter that.

    Lol yeah, that sure is no reason to DC. 🤣 I would have DC'd in that setting too. Survivors using the pointing mechanic to out other survivors is more annoying than anything the killer can do short of going along with it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894946#Comment_894946

    "So a teammate survivor showing the killer in what locker you are hiding"

    That is not what he said happened.

    "is now a misplay of yourself"

    And that is not what I was calling a misplay.

    Did you read his post? The other survivor jumped out and pointed. That's how the other survivor is even involved in this situation. How did you get so involved in white knighting the killer in this post and not even read it?

  • I realize DCing is technically breaking the rules. However, there are times following a particular rule is counterproductive to the reason the rule was put in place.

    The rule against DCing was put in place because people want to bail out just because they are having a bad game. DCing in that situation is detrimental to everyone else in that match. The rule is there to prevent it from being an abusive behavior.

    However, the moment you start saying I, or anyone else, must follow a particular rule that is allowing someone to engage in abusive behavior you are literally saying I should take actions that actively encourage the type of situation the rule was implemented to prevent. Why should those whom are engaging in this abusive behaviors stop if everyone is going to sit by and just take it?

    Don't get me wrong. We are all entitled to our own opinion. You don't want to DC when someone is engaging in this type of abusive behavior because it is against the rules. That's your prerogative. I personally think you are contributing to the problem of abusive players by making that type of behavior profitable.

    I don't expect to change any minds. As for me..... I refuse to allow others to benefit from their abusive gameplay and to say I should is 100% antithetical to the reason the rule was made in the first place.

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/896595#Comment_896595

    Say what you want, but every reply you make quite conveniently ignores the fact that this killer did not take a single swing at this other survivor while they were standing there pointing at me or before , during , or after the time they were removing me from the hook.

    He could have taken a swing at the other survivor while they were standing there pointing at me in the locker. Instead he walked right by them. Even if he didn't see this survivor walk behind him while carrying me to the hook he most assuredly saw him while he was removing me from the hook as well as after he removed me from the hook. This killer saw this other survivor more than once and had ample opportunity to take a swing at them yet he didn't.

    You can come up with any defense you want for the killer in this situation. The bottom line is he had plenty of chances to swing at this other survivor yet didn't do it, and there is nothing you can say that changes that.

    I already stated in a reply to you after you gave more details that it was actually classed as working with the killer!

    This reply was to tell another poster how a scenario can be done if you look at post I was replying too.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/896618#Comment_896618

    I already stated in a reply to you after you gave more details that it was actually classed as working with the killer!

    This reply was to tell another poster how a scenario can be done if you look at post I was replying too.

    Point taken.

  • I always tunnel survivors who purposely try to get their teammates killed, it's what they deserve

  • As the OP I was rereading through this whole thread when a memory popped into mind. While I was in the military I held a position that required a security clearance above Top Secret level. Even with that clearance there were things above my security level. During my classroom training for the job the instructor went around the room asking everyone a question.

    He wanted to know what each person would do in the event our facility was being overrun by hostile forces and we were the only one near a room with documents that were above our clearance level. He asked if we would take the documents on our way out or leave them.

    Several people said they would grab the documents. To my surprise there were also several that said they would just leave them.

    The instructor asked one of those whom said they would leave the documents why he thought he should leave the documents. The student told him because the rules specifically stated he was not to handle documents above his clearance level. The instructor looked at him and asked what he thought the intent of that rule was, and you could see the light come on in several peoples faces.

    The student said it is to ensure people that don’t need to see that information don’t see it. The instructor told him he was right and then said “In that situation who do you think has less need to see that information, you or the hostile forces?”

    He then made sure he told us to NEVER confuse a rule with the intent of the rule. He said if a situation comes about where following a rule would result in the outcome the rule was designed to prevent you can safely assume disregarding that rule is the right course of action.

    Yes, I know this isn't a DBD story, but it seems there are many here that would have left the documents for the hostile forces because apparently you can never ever break a rule under any circumstances.

  • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates.

    Pretty sure this sort of behaviour is bannable. Not perma ban but a temporary ban according to the devs.

    It's also really sad to see people blaming OP.

  • @arslaN said:

    Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates.

    Pretty sure this sort of behaviour is bannable. Not perma ban but a temporary ban according to the devs.

    It's also really sad to see people blaming OP.

    It's crazy

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894892#Comment_894892

    Okay. I can't take you seriously anymore. You and me have had our fair share of disagreements. But I always respected your opinions. If you are going to try to blame the person who is the victim I can't take anything you say seriously. The killer was clearly working with the other survivor. Why the hell should the OP have stayed in a game with cheating scum like that? Even if you were correct about the supposed misplays on the OP's part, they should stay to be farmed why?

    I'm glad somebody said it. It's bordering on satire at this point. The kind of mental gymnastics you have to perform to come to an opinion like that is insane.

  • Killer didnt break rules. The other survivor did. Killer had one target give up another.


    You DCing however, is completely in YOUR control, ruins the game (even if it's already #########) for everyone else, and you're admitting you do it and plan to continue.


    Enjoy your loneliness.

  • @Venoxxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894900#Comment_894900

    This:

    "Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates"

    is a reportable offense in the rules.

    Yes. Working with. Not randomly pointing in an attempt to get someone else caught instead of you.


    Everyone still thinks this is a team game, dont they?


  • @Carpemortum said:

    Killer didnt break rules. The other survivor did. Killer had one target give up another.

    You DCing however, is completely in YOUR control, ruins the game (even if it's already #########) for everyone else, and you're admitting you do it and plan to continue.

    Enjoy your loneliness.

    Right, they were going to have me dead anyway within a few seconds. But the fact I DC'd those few seconds earlier ruined the game for everyone else. That's just plain asinine.

  • Once again, we do not support or encourage DCing, so if it happens again, please be sure to properly demonstrate if those players were working together.

    This specific situation, if the killer and the survivor were actually "working together", would require a report in game and additional evidence sent to support, so please if it happens again, collect evidence and follow the right steps, thank you.

1 2 3 4 ›