Devs, is it possible to remove Self-care?

Every single game there's at least one guy freaking self caring in a corner, can't those guys understand that Self care is just a time waster??

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @darktrix said:

    It's just people using it irresponsibly. People don't need self care to waste time, they do it hiding in bushes, corners of maps injured or not, least the self care person is still doing something.

    I don't recommend using it by itself - one of the builds I love is self care, botany knowledge, and resilience which is amazing. Now I can heal others faster, heal myself almost as fast as someone else doing it, or stay injured at 99% and pound gens even faster while still being to top off and not be a one hit down wonder if a killer comes by. Hell, my self heal basically paid for itself after the first gen. I'm also more likely to take hits for others since I can bounce right back, distract 3 gen strat killers that now have to force me off the gen every time they see me but I'll be right back in about 16 seconds making them have to do it all over again; and I don't have to worry if they press the attack to down me. If I bring or find a medkit, that medkit is going get used on others, cause I'm covered already, making their heals even faster with twice as many charges available to me. I'll let someone else heal me if they really want to, but I'm not distracting them from getting things done begging for heals. Dude needs a save though, I'm on my way injured or no.

    There have been games where I never used self care cause too many things had to happen and I did not see the time, other games where I've used it 4+ times tanking hits like no tomorrow for others. It is especially nice to have in the pocket during EGC when you are injured and the killer is watching the gates...I just top off and walk right past them.

    So no - leave my self care alone. Some may say but those are three perks that can be used for meta - to which I respond maybe I don't need other crutch perks with this.

    You litteraly wasted 3 perk slots, and the healing speed still worst than a normal self healing, and the only perk that could be called meta is resiliance (most likely by the vault speed, that with Spine chill is a incredible combo)

  • It's still a good perk, just not as good as it once was. I don't use it when I'm in SWF but am likely to use it when playing solo. Helps me depend less on other survivors.

  • I tried running without SC for about a week now and I have to say: its horrible. Most of the time ppl unhook you, then run away from you as fast as possible. Even when you are going injured with no killer near you to another surv, working on a gen, there is a 50% chance, he will just straight off ignore you. I tried running Bond, Emapthy and today new Kindred and while the other informations those perks give you as solo survivor are pretty nice, its still not guaranteed anyone will heal you, so yeah, I am back to Self Care now.

  • Some people don't think SCing in a corner is a waste of time.

    Therefore... no.

  • @IronWill said:

    I tried running without SC for about a week now and I have to say: its horrible. Most of the time ppl unhook you, then run away from you as fast as possible. Even when you are going injured with no killer near you to another surv, working on a gen, there is a 50% chance, he will just straight off ignore you. I tried running Bond, Emapthy and today new Kindred and while the other informations those perks give you as solo survivor are pretty nice, its still not guaranteed anyone will heal you, so yeah, I am back to Self Care now.

    What rank are you, cuz those types of teammates are in low ranks, try not using SC in more ranked matches that everybody will heal you in the hook

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109806/devs-is-it-possible-to-remove-self-care

    Can’t you understand it’s each players own prerogative whether to use self care, and whether to heal or not?

    But who uses the perk, the player or Self-care?

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    Every single game there's at least one guy freaking self caring in a corner, can't those guys understand that Self care is just a time waster??

    You can run a med kit, not only can you get more charges out of it by wasting 20% less I think on healing yourself but if it doesn't have enough charges to heal you to full and you have no teammates around then there you go. But I agree it is kind of a time waster, especially without botany knowledge

  • You do realize that healing via Self Care in a corner is not necessarily always a bad thing, right? Sure, if you aren't using a medkit or Botany Knowledge it takes a while, but there are hidden benefits at hand. Namely, since the SC player is healing themselves the rest of the team is free to do generator repairs.

    If your allies don't need to stop repairing generators to heal you, then the generators will be done faster. There is another benefit though. Some folks like to run healing builds. I usually run Self Care with Botany Knowledge and others add Resilience to that combo. So sure, we're healing ourselves and it may not be as fast as a normal heal, however, because we can recover quickly without needing the team's help we can tank more hits than normal which might delay hook states and ultimately save the lives of our teammates.

  • @Peasant said:

    You do realize that healing via Self Care in a corner is not necessarily always a bad thing, right? Sure, if you aren't using a medkit or Botany Knowledge it takes a while, but there are hidden benefits at hand. Namely, since the SC player is healing themselves the rest of the team is free to do generator repairs.

    If your allies don't need to stop repairing generators to heal you, then the generators will be done faster. There is another benefit though. Some folks like to run healing builds. I usually run Self Care with Botany Knowledge and others add Resilience to that combo. So sure, we're healing ourselves and it may not be as fast as a normal heal, however, because we can recover quickly without needing the team's help we can tank more hits than normal which might delay hook states and ultimately save the lives of our teammates.

    Lets see: 1 person is healing, 1 person is getting chased and 2 persons are doing gens, and when the killer hooks the surv it will be only 1 and if the killer haves BBQ he's gonna pressure the only 1 guy on the gen, so in that point no one is doing gens and the killer is having a easy time protecting gens

  • Lets see: 1 person is healing, 1 person is getting chased and 2 are doing gens, when the killer hooks the chased guy 1 of the 2 survs doing gens will need to unhook, and if the killer haves BBQ he's gonna stop the only one doing the gen; so there's no gens progressing, and the killer is having a easy time killing and preventing gens being done

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891950#Comment_891950

    What rank are you, cuz those types of teammates are in low ranks, try not using SC in more ranked matches that everybody will heal you in the hook

    I am rank 4 - tbh I wished I could stay in green ranks, team mates suck the same but usually killers are more easy to deal with in there.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I see people screw their teammates over with perks like BT, Inner Strength and Deliverance all the time.

    Just because some people misuse a perk, doesn't mean it should be removed from the game.

    How can you screw your teammates with inner strength?

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889738#Comment_889738

    How can you screw your teammates with inner strength?

    Firstly by making totem cleansing a priority at times when you really shouldn't (like when someone is hooked and you're the only one who can save them). And secondly by insisting on running away and jumping into lockers to heal at times when it would actually be a better idea to just let your teammate do it, such as when they're standing right there with We'll Make It.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    Every single game there's at least one guy freaking self caring in a corner, can't those guys understand that Self care is just a time waster??

    No. Just because you don't like the perk doesn't mean others don't. There's no reason too remove a perk YOU think is useless.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894088#Comment_894088

    Firstly by making totem cleansing a priority at times when you really shouldn't (like when someone is hooked and you're the only one who can save them). And secondly by insisting on running away and jumping into lockers to heal at times when it would actually be a better idea to just let your teammate do it, such as when they're standing right there with We'll Make It.

    Fair points. But that's idiot players. Not the perk.

  • When I play solo I want to die when my whole team is using it. When I play killer I thank god they’re not on gens and healing.

    The only time I use self care is for medic builds, self care and botany knowledge are really nice when paired together btw. Other than that, it’s a useless perk, especially since medkits and inner strength exists

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    Every single game there's at least one guy freaking self caring in a corner, can't those guys understand that Self care is just a time waster??

    Think with me. You are the last survivor on the party, you r hurt. Don't u think this will be useful?

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894098#Comment_894098

    Fair points. But that's idiot players. Not the perk.

    Precisely my point 😁

  • Just bring Inner Strength if you guys want to heal. Running self care while killers are using Thana and Sloppy make healing take longer than doing a damn gen. There’s ten billion other ways to heal faster and more efficiently than with self care. Please stop. I’m trying to escape the game, not do all five gens by myself because you want to run to the corner every second after you get hit

  • Self Care is nice to get a bit of my healing done when no one is near me or they are too busy to heal me. Once I get closer to them, the amount of time needed for them to heal me is even shorter because I've already done some of it with Self Care. It definitely has a place in the game.

  • That's an user issue, not a self care issue. Whenever I decide to use it I generally bring a medkit to benefit from the efficiency bonus it gives, but it still gives me a backup solution if I'm out of medkit + can't get someone else to heal me and I need to get ready to tank a hit for whatever reason. As someone who regularly does suicidal endgame BT saves where I sacrifice myself so someone else can live there's certainly times where I wish I had it, as unlike every other healing method it has no conditions that must be met before it can be used/limited uses.

    The "issue" is when people feel they have to use it ASAP whenever they can. Self heal before finishing that gen at 80% and then the killer comes and hits it with PGTW, run away after being unhooked to heal in a corner and get found with scratches + NC. But in the end people can decide how they want to play, and unless you're in a 4man SWF where everyone has similar mindsets you always "risk" someone doing something you dislike.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889630#Comment_889630

    Without Self care: Takes 16 seconds for two survivors to spend healing (the injured and the one performing the healing action)

    With Self care: Takes 32 seconds for one survivor to spend healing.

    It's literally just as time efficient healing yourself as it is to get someone to heal you. Actually it's even more time efficient if you can hit great skill checks as the progress gain from great skill checks is the same as if you were having someone heal you.

    Pair it up with Botany Knowledge (which is a solid perk all on its own) and you will heal yourself at 83% speed instead of 50% speed, which is vastly more efficient.

    The problem is that not every time is a good time to heal or people spend too much time committing themselves to running away. This is where Self Care is often used badly.

    Don’t forget that a majority of killers will either run, Sloppy, Thana, Dying Light or all three. That’s when using SC is pointless but people will still sit there and heal for 100 hours

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894245#Comment_894245

    Except when you're the one with the dying light buff. Then you just giggle with glee as you have a passive +66% bonus to all healing speed (including self care, so 116% healing speed on yourself, or still 96% healing speed with sloppy butcher, 100% speed with thana, 80% speed with both) and basically hard-core counter three of their perks. Remember that the obsession does not get afflicted with the debuffs from dying light.

    If you're running sloppy and thana, you should never run dying light with either of them. It's counter productive in my book.

    I would only run thana and dying light together with Plague, and Plague obviously doesn't need sloppy butcher.

    Dying light gives healing speed for healing other survivors, not yourself. And Dying light doesn't give that much

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894245#Comment_894245

    Except when you're the one with the dying light buff. Then you just giggle with glee as you have a passive +66% bonus to all healing speed (including self care, so 116% healing speed on yourself, or still 96% healing speed with sloppy butcher, 100% speed with thana, 80% speed with both) and basically hard-core counter three of their perks. Remember that the obsession does not get afflicted with the debuffs from dying light.

    If you're running sloppy and thana, you should never run dying light with either of them. It's counter productive in my book.

    I would only run thana and dying light together with Plague, and Plague obviously doesn't need sloppy butcher.

    I’m rarely the obsession so Dying Light buffs rarely affect me 😪

  • Self care is still a vital perk. Solo que can’t count on teammates because they can be foreheads or memes wasting a healing amount of time to communicate that they won’t heal you


  • @Fibijean said:

    I see people screw their teammates over with perks like BT, Inner Strength and Deliverance all the time.

    Just because some people misuse a perk, doesn't mean it should be removed from the game.

    how can you screw teammates with inner strenght?

  • Someone else asked me the exact same thing above, I'll copy and past my response for you.

    Firstly by making totem cleansing a priority at times when you really shouldn't (like when someone is hooked and you're the only one who can save them). And secondly by insisting on running away and jumping into lockers to heal at times when it would actually be a better idea to just let your teammate do it, such as when they're standing right there with We'll Make It.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894304#Comment_894304

    Dying Light gives a +33% speed bonus. Stacked with botany it's a total of 66%.

    Are you blind? Dying light doesn't give healing speed for yourself

  • God I get so sick of seeing you elitist survivors shiting on other survivors for using an extremely useful perk. You all act as if there's constantly a teammate right next to you just begging to heal you. Do you actually play Survivor? Because if you think that's the case then maybe you don't. Then everyone says well just bring a medkit, well sometimes I don't ######### want to bring a medkit and I want to bring a tool box or a flashlight. And then a teammate farms me off the hook with BT and the killer chases me halfway across the map so I find a nice corner to finally hide from him and heal myself while he's in the area still looking for me. But no maybe I should just run out in the open halfway across the map to find a teammate to heal me right? Because every single Survivor should know how to Loop the killer for two or three gens right? #########, just let people use whatever perks they want to and quit being whiny little #########.

  • I really don't see them removing the most popular survivor perk in the game just to appease you.

  • Instead of selfcaring in the corner while something important needs to be done, they will urban evade to find totems and stay in lockers, while something important needs to be done.

    Some havent optimised their priorities, they would just be doing more useless stuff instead. Like waiting for hatch or doing dull totems. Bet they're not gonna unhook you if they didnt have selfcare

  • @Viracocha72 said:

    God I get so sick of seeing you elitist survivors shiting on other survivors for using an extremely useful perk. You all act as if there's constantly a teammate right next to you just begging to heal you. Do you actually play Survivor? Because if you think that's the case then maybe you don't. Then everyone says well just bring a medkit, well sometimes I don't ######### want to bring a medkit and I want to bring a tool box or a flashlight. And then a teammate farms me off the hook with BT and the killer chases me halfway across the map so I find a nice corner to finally hide from him and heal myself while he's in the area still looking for me. But no maybe I should just run out in the open halfway across the map to find a teammate to heal me right? Because every single Survivor should know how to Loop the killer for two or three gens right? #########, just let people use whatever perks they want to and quit being whiny little #########.

    Ok, that was a little bit of salty, so I am gonna prevent myself from talking to you since you can't realy understand or at least respect people with different ideas than you. I recomend you to think that this is a discussion, not the world war 3

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I really don't see them removing the most popular survivor perk in the game just to appease you.

    SC is not the most popular perk in the game, but you could said that is the most popular in green to brown ranks

  • Let people play perks they want to play. Thanks.

    Which perks are tout playing ?

  • Lol sc has its place even at high rank, you can't always get toa survivor they can't always get to you. Sometimes you're the last person not hooked and you're injured,

    If you bring a medkit you can't bring a flashlight or toolbox or key or map, it's only a time waster if you're using it during situations where you are completely safe and could be doing a gen. Also it reduces the cost of your medkit meaning you get to use it longer

    It's very useful for soloing so yes there is a proper way to use SC

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895370#Comment_895370

    SC is not the most popular perk in the game, but you could said that is the most popular in green to brown ranks

    Yes it is. They posted stats a couple of months ago. SC is the most popular survivor perk, and ruin is the most popular killer perk.

  • What I find really annoying is when people insist on healing themselves extremely slowly with self-care (I assume for the points?) while I'm jumping up and down next to them with a medkit and We'll Make It.

  • Make healing faster, or cry out against killers running perks that make it take longer. Healthy survivors are more likely to escape than injured ones. Not everyone is top-rank looper able to run a killer for four gens. Rank is meaningless. How do you decide who should and should not run any given perk? I have more hours than many but am somehow worse. Botany Knowledge should increase SC time. Tell me it does if you like, I still don't believe it.

    Medkits are currently broken anyway, you can't get more than one heal no matter what you try.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895477#Comment_895477

    Yes it is. They posted stats a couple of months ago. SC is the most popular survivor perk, and ruin is the most popular killer perk.

    Before the nerf? And where are the links to this "fact"?

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895548#Comment_895548

    Before the nerf? And where are the links to this "fact"?

    What nerf are you talking about?

    I don't know where the link is. It was posted on the forums by the devs a few months ago. @Peanits can probably dig it up and he's usually the man that shows this kind of thing when it comes out.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895754#Comment_895754

    What nerf are you talking about?

    I don't know where the link is. It was posted on the forums by the devs a few months ago. @Peanits can probably dig it up and he's usually the man that shows this kind of thing when it comes out.

    Its used to be OP, but they nerf'd. And here's the link to the wiki that shows old SC

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Self-Care

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895808#Comment_895808

    Its used to be OP, but they nerf'd. And here's the link to the wiki that shows old SC

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Self-Care

    This was definitely post change then. So the popularity held.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895808#Comment_895808

    Its used to be OP, but they nerf'd. And here's the link to the wiki that shows old SC

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Self-Care

    Jesus glad I wasn't I'm the game at the time, that's broken as hell. Was the back before the pallet nerf lol

  • No... I am tired even in purple ranks that I am at the side of a survivor and them refuses to heal me. If I need to waste two perk slots and no relying in potatoes then I'll do it. Of course, I don't go to the corner like a potato.

  • Besides, I thought main killers doesn't like 3 minutes match, and honestly as a survivor it bothers as well that 5 gens pop up in 2 mins so, yes, let's waste time in healing and extend the match.

  • No. You’ll either get over the fact that it’s staying, or dip.

  • Then people would actually focus on doing generators and realise that generator speeds are completely busted and in favor of the survivor. good idea

  • Another "self care against" post. There are general rules for "self caring". I run self care but i also run resilience, so i don't self care anytime i get hit, but in some situations (the most), players who don't heal go down faster, no matter how good they are. I use it mostly in the last parts of the game, only when almost all gens are done. Who self-care at every chance, are obviously time wasters. If you use it with brain nowadays, is actually a good perk to run even for higher ranks, and i explain you why. Most killers relay on fact that you wanna genrush and leave, and they patrol gens and they know you don't waste time in healing yourself trying to genrush him faster as you can. This often turns in their favour, especially if they runs sneaky killers like Ghostface, The Wraith and The Pig, because they can catch you out of guard. With Oni, for example think about the fact that he takes all his power sucking blood orbs. If you take out Oni's power healing yourself, well Oni gets way less dangerous.

    Every game i play, if people don't heal, it's an ez 4k for killers systematically. Secondly, you don't always find teammates ready to heal you at need, because you might not knowing their position or because they are in the middle of a chase. If you think about those situations where killer have downed 3 person and you're the only one who can have the chance to bring them up, and you can only count on your self-care to have at least one chance, then is a good perk. I saved many games with it. Now people when i state this says "well bring a med-kit". Maybe i had it and i finished it. What i wanna say is don't use it all the times, use it with brain. Is a time waster if you abuse it.

    Another mistake in my opinion is thinking that "if you genrush only" the game is 5 minutes. Yeah, but if you genrush, with the actual scoring system the game has, you don't pip so you don't rank up. I actually pip with longer games than short and fast games. You make points making actions, and this count, and at the end of the game if you die on hook, but you got your points, you pip and you're good anyway.

  • @aurum_exe said:

    Another "self care against" post. There are general rules for "self caring". I run self care but i also run resilience, so i don't self care anytime i get hit, but in some situations (the most), players who don't heal go down faster, no matter how good they are. I use it mostly in the last parts of the game, only when almost all gens are done. Who self-care at every chance, are obviously time wasters. If you use it with brain nowadays, is actually a good perk to run even for higher ranks, and i explain you why. Most killers relay on fact that you wanna genrush and leave, and they patrol gens and they know you don't waste time in healing yourself trying to genrush him faster as you can. This often turns in their favour, especially if they runs sneaky killers like Ghostface, The Wraith and The Pig, because they can catch you out of guard. With Oni, for example think about the fact that he takes all his power sucking blood orbs. If you take out Oni's power healing yourself, well Oni gets way less dangerous.

    Every game i play, if people don't heal, it's an ez 4k for killers systematically. Secondly, you don't always find teammates ready to heal you at need, because you might not knowing their position or because they are in the middle of a chase. If you think about those situations where killer have downed 3 person and you're the only one who can have the chance to bring them up, and you can only count on your self-care to have at least one chance, then is a good perk. I saved many games with it. Now people when i state this says "well bring a med-kit". Maybe i had it and i finished it. What i wanna say is don't use it all the times, use it with brain. Is a time waster if you abuse it.

    Another mistake in my opinion is thinking that "if you genrush only" the game is 5 minutes. Yeah, but if you genrush, with the actual scoring system the game has, you don't pip so you don't rank up. I actually pip with longer games than short and fast games. You make points making actions, and this count, and at the end of the game if you die on hook, but you got your points, you pip and you're good anyway.

    Ranking up is a punishment, at red ranks to find a lobby is like 10 hours, so I don't know why you think its a victory. When I play killer I love who uses SC and when survs not heal is not even close to be a Ez 4K if they know how to loop, they don't last 5 gens but if they are not SC'ing and doing gens that is a Ez escape. What you do not understand is that after 32 seconds you heal yourself, but being healed is not even that great and you still lost 32 seconds of gens, what you need to do is stop being selfish and look at survs game as a 4 v 1, not an 1 v 1. Another 2018 Self-care god tier perk, metq even at red ranks comments

1 2 3