Chapter 14 "Exclusives" should not be Ultra-Rare anymore

Please, for the love of god don't keep the soon-to-be non-exclusives given out in Ch. 14 as ultra-rare. May not seem like a big deal to some but if they are being distributed to EVERYONE who owns the game at ANY time it makes no sense for them to keep any form of rarity. They will be, unarguably, the most common cosmetics in the entire game next to the year 1 anniversary ones given out under similar pretenses.

Please change the status to common, or at very least, uncommon. These cosmetics will be dirt-common holding no rarity or value whatsoever.

Comments

  • why the aesthetic of pink is nice in this game

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    why the aesthetic of pink is nice in this game

    For many, it just symbolizes something rarely seen or to hold more value. If the "ultra-rare" or "artifact" rarity was thrown out to any item without meaning or reason the entire point of a rarity scale would become obsolete. Which is exactly what BHVR will be doing if they keep these items pink.

  • @tea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880698#Comment_880698

    For many, it just symbolizes something rarely seen or to hold more value. If the "ultra-rare" or "artifact" rarity was thrown out to any item without meaning or reason the entire point of a rarity scale would become obsolete. Which is exactly what BHVR will be doing if they keep these items pink.

    I still don't know why your complaining about this the update is in like 2 days lol

  • its just a skins

  • and we have better once in shop

  • They are retired Ultra Rares. There you go.

  • @tea said:

    Please, for the love of god don't keep the soon-to-be non-exclusives given out in Ch. 14 as ultra-rare. May not seem like a big deal to some but if they are being distributed to EVERYONE who owns the game at ANY time it makes no sense for them to keep any form of rarity. They will be, unarguably, the most common cosmetics in the entire game next to the year 1 anniversary ones given out under similar pretenses.

    Please change the status to common, or at very least, uncommon. These cosmetics will be dirt-common holding no rarity or value whatsoever.

    Just let people have an ultra rare and move on.

    Also assuming they are going to go into their own categories the event cosmetics will be considered event.

    And the other exclusives will go on the ultra rare.

  • What is this thread even about again? What exclusives?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    What is this thread even about again? What exclusives?

    The ones that were only on pc and nowhere else.

  • People are still complaining about that?

    IMG_20191022_100837.jpg


  • Well, yeah… I’ve always wanted Claudette’s purple pants and Street Meg. But since those codes were from an irl event (I believe) they’re impossible to get.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880847#Comment_880847

    Well, yeah… I’ve always wanted Claudette’s purple pants and Street Meg. But since those codes were from an irl event (I believe) they’re impossible to get.

    They were a free gift if you went to an event. Which is impossible for most people who play this game. And even some people who went there couldn't get it, because they played console.

    It's fair to release them in some capacity.

  • idk why some people make off it such a big deal

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    why the aesthetic of pink is nice in this game

    thank you for saying it

  • I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.


    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.


    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.

    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.

    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

    eh I'll happily use event cosmetics I've never participated in to get

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880980#Comment_880980

    eh I'll happily use event cosmetics I've never participated in to get

    I bet you will.

    Enjoy your welfare cosmetic.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.

    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.

    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

    they giving away event cosmetic you avoid furder loses of them that the only reason for it

  • @Mistikus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880980#Comment_880980

    they giving away event cosmetic you avoid furder loses of them that the only reason for it

    I actually thought that's the only reason they are even doing the event cosmetics for free

  • I wish there would be a requirement to unlock the Ultra Rare ones to actually keep them somewhat Ultra Rare. I'm not against unlocking them for everyone, i really want most of these too. But it's going to be really weird to see a Rank 20 Claudette with Purple Pants and Brazil Shirt, Golden Feng or a Baby Huntress with the Hound Mask..

    For example, every time you reach a new Devotion, you get to pick one exclusive like Science Fair Claudette & Street Meg, Dweard, Golden Feng etc.. There could be a seperate section for it in the store.

    Would have also preferred Event ones not to be unlocked but oh well, they have a reason.

  • Well then surely cosmetics like classic ghostface, scoops ahoy Steve, and biker Kate should all be made common rarity seeing as so many people have them.

    Rarity has no effect in dbd, what does it matter if they stay ultra rare? If they didn't there wouldn't be any ultra rare items left, only artifacts.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Well then surely cosmetics like classic ghostface, scoops ahoy Steve, and biker Kate should all be made common rarity seeing as so many people have them.

    Rarity has no effect in dbd, what does it matter if they stay ultra rare? If they didn't there wouldn't be any ultra rare items left, only artifacts.

    Agree with this. It's not like anyone sees rarity in game anyhow except for the items.


  • @SaltySwag said:

    I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.

    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.

    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

    Are people still pushing these lies? As has been stated before any of these crazy glitches most of you have brought up only lasted like, at most, a week and were patched out WAY before the events were over.

    So no, you didn't have to go through that crap. And most people didn't.

  • It's your welfare cosmetic too my dude. Good job on sweating through some rough patches of the game. Now console players can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880993#Comment_880993

    It's your welfare cosmetic too my dude. Good job on sweating through some rough patches of the game. Now console players can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

    Console players always had access to those event cosmetics.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    why the aesthetic of pink is nice in this game

    This. I get what OP is saying but I love the color of Ultra Rare, and I personally wish we had Ultra Rare perks again because the color is not used as much as it should personally.

  • @tea said:

    Please, for the love of god don't keep the soon-to-be non-exclusives given out in Ch. 14 as ultra-rare. May not seem like a big deal to some but if they are being distributed to EVERYONE who owns the game at ANY time it makes no sense for them to keep any form of rarity. They will be, unarguably, the most common cosmetics in the entire game next to the year 1 anniversary ones given out under similar pretenses.

    Please change the status to common, or at very least, uncommon. These cosmetics will be dirt-common holding no rarity or value whatsoever.

    no

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880980#Comment_880980

    eh I'll happily use event cosmetics I've never participated in to get

    I bet you watch Ochido

  • I never understood the "rarity" of cosmetics. Whats the difference between a "common" cosmetic that I can buy in the shop with shards and a "Rare" cosmetic I can buy in the shop with shards? The answer... Price. "Rarity" on cosmetics has nothing to do with actual rarity.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I never understood the "rarity" of cosmetics. Whats the difference between a "common" cosmetic that I can buy in the shop with shards and a "Rare" cosmetic I can buy in the shop with shards? The answer... Price. "Rarity" on cosmetics has nothing to do with actual rarity.

    Commons are obviously reskins now for other ones I have no idea why those are common

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881399#Comment_881399

    Commons are obviously reskins now for other ones I have no idea why those are common

    Those skins are actually rarer than the actual skins you need to pay Auric Cells for.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881402#Comment_881402

    Those skins are actually rarer than the actual skins you need to pay Auric Cells for.

    imagine ultra rare default jake

    BCFF4D22-0310-4FAF-B150-FAF90E5FE70E.jpeg


  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881399#Comment_881399

    Commons are obviously reskins now for other ones I have no idea why those are common

    That would imply that its easier for me to click and buy a "common" than to click and buy a "rare"

    20191201224803_1.jpg


    Somehow the power of the entity just makes clicking the button to buy this WAY harder than buying the one under it...

    Point being, price doesnt equal rarity. There is an equal amount of both items...that being INFINITE

  • @LordGlint said:

    I never understood the "rarity" of cosmetics. Whats the difference between a "common" cosmetic that I can buy in the shop with shards and a "Rare" cosmetic I can buy in the shop with shards? The answer... Price. "Rarity" on cosmetics has nothing to do with actual rarity.

    Well I think it comes down to the fact that higher priced items aren't gonna be used/seen as much as there aren't a lot of people who would pay 10 dollars for an outfit. Not saying there aren't any (I'm one of them), I'm just saying higher priced cosmetics are rare in the sense that that not very many people buy them.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881399#Comment_881399

    Well I think it comes down to the fact that higher priced items aren't gonna be used/seen as much as there aren't a lot of people who would pay 10 dollars for an outfit. Not saying there aren't any (I'm one of them), I'm just saying higher priced cosmetics are rare in the sense that that not very many people buy them.

    Plenty of these cosmetics are available with shards though, like the one in the picture. Theyre actually gonna attract MORE ppl than the ones that look like a slightly different colored legion skin. How many ppl have you seen use THIS...

    20191201233053_1.jpg

    vs THIS...

    20191201233100_1.jpg


  • If they wanted to do smart business, they could just put it in the shop and earn $$$ for themselves. Then make event cosmetics like propane hammer etc. earnable or in the shop every summer event season. That's Blizzard's Overwatch marketing scheme. I thought that was fair.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881475#Comment_881475

    Plenty of these cosmetics are available with shards though, like the one in the picture. Theyre actually gonna attract MORE ppl than the ones that look like a slightly different colored legion skin. How many ppl have you seen use THIS...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/541/SWKTY7MXB04A.jpg

    vs THIS...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/085/WW42Z3DLNK9X.jpg

    I mean, yes. But who plays frank anyway? 😂

  • Attention to detail? In my dbd? I don't think so!

  • Rarities mean nothing now pretty much, so I don't see the point in changing it

  • @SaltySwag said:

    I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.

    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.

    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

    BHVR decides who deserves them. And they decide we all do.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    I still am against this overall.

    Not because it's sticking it to IRL skin sellers/scammers. ######### those guys.

    I am upset at the Cosmetics I earned, and had to painfully work through some the crappiest glitches and toxic play to get. I am talking about the Event skins. The Yellow Slip Dress, The Pro-Pain Hammer, The Wolf Mask, and the Donkey David.

    Those items SHOULD NOT be given away. If you didn't suffer through the event you do not deserve them.

    The Pro-Pain hammer? that was the easiest thing to do as a killer? tf..

  • According to the logic of "common" you SHOULD see Poop mask Frank all the time. Susie on the other hand is "rare".