The problem with the archives is the comunity

The problem i see with the archives is the comunity.

When the devs make the challanges short there to short, when they make them take longer there to long, you can't have gens cause that incurages gen rushing, you can't have unhooks cause that incurages bt hook farming, you can't have pallet while being chased because that incurages throwing the game by throwing all pallets instantly when chased, you can't just be chased cause then nobody would do the objectiv and would just try to get the killers atention, you can't have blinding because that incurages toxicness, but it also can't be something to specivic to not get done in a match.

But what else could you do? The real problems with the archives is a comunity that can't let these challanges happen naturally instead having to force them threw as fast as possible.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I'm going to have to agree.

    The main complaint seems to be that the challenges promote unhealthy gameplay because they encourage people to focus on the challenge objective rather than just playing the game as they normally would, but the thing is there is no challenge the developers could possibly devise where that wouldn't be the case.

    If you give people another objective, particularly a time-limited one, they are naturally going to go out of their way to pursue it ingame. If that weren't the case, there would be no point in having challenges. It doesn't matter what that objective is.

    The other major complaint is that the challenges are too difficult. In my opinion, such a complaint would hold more water if those making it had spent more than two days trying to complete challenges which are designed to take three weeks for the average player, before making any conclusive judgements about them.

    Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not at all trying to suggest that players shouldn't be allowed to complain or criticise. I just think, firstly, that player attitudes are a much bigger part of the problem than the challenges themselves, and secondly that the community at large jumped the gun a bit without personally giving the challenges an honest shot first.

  • You are right, the problem is the community. Anything relating to objectives being done much faster (Dark Sense Challenge), or camping a certain objective (You, Yes, You! Challenge) is going to raise some eyebrows or spark some rage. Because it can turn a normal average game into a sweat-filled hell. And I don't think I need to say anything else other than the fact that being sweaty is not fun for most people.

    I like these challenges. I prefer them for being a test of skill. I don't dislike them because of their difficulty (hell, some of them are piss easy). I do dislike them for having some challenges that are very luck based (EGC Challenges, Hook 4 Survivors in the Basement.)

    It's made all the more impossible as I personally am stuck in Red Ranks, and you know how Survivors and Killers can be in those ranks. They will either spend no time gunning for the escape or show no mercy during the Endgame.

    If the challenges were more personal and doesn't require the teamwork (or luck, if you're in solo) of others. I'm sure the community won't be as mad as it is.


  • @Hellbughunter said:

    The problem i see with the archives is the comunity.

    When the devs make the challanges short there to short, when they make them take longer there to long, you can't have gens cause that incurages gen rushing, you can't have unhooks cause that incurages bt hook farming, you can't have pallet while being chased because that incurages throwing the game by throwing all pallets instantly when chased, you can't just be chased cause then nobody would do the objectiv and would just try to get the killers atention, you can't have blinding because that incurages toxicness, but it also can't be something to specivic to not get done in a match.

    But what else could you do? The real problems with the archives is a comunity that can't let these challanges happen naturally instead having to force them threw as fast as possible.

    Why shouldn't we encourage gen rushing?

    Are the devs scared to show the true balance in this game?

  • @Hellbughunter said:

    The problem i see with the archives is the comunity.

    When the devs make the challanges short there to short, when they make them take longer there to long, you can't have gens cause that incurages gen rushing, you can't have unhooks cause that incurages bt hook farming, you can't have pallet while being chased because that incurages throwing the game by throwing all pallets instantly when chased, you can't just be chased cause then nobody would do the objectiv and would just try to get the killers atention, you can't have blinding because that incurages toxicness, but it also can't be something to specivic to not get done in a match.

    But what else could you do? The real problems with the archives is a comunity that can't let these challanges happen naturally instead having to force them threw as fast as possible.

    "The real problems with the archives is a comunity that can't let these challanges happen naturally instead having to force them threw as fast as possible."

    The challenges don't happen naturally because of the way that it's implemented. Because you need to pick a specific challenge to do, people will do that challenge.

    There's two ways to fix that:

    1) Give the option to select multiple challenges, like 3 or so

    2) Make challenges that are all active at the same time, like:

    • Repair 30 gens
    • Heal 30 healthstates
    • Get 20 safe unhooks

    etc. And make these challenges harder the further we go in the Rift

  • I have no problem with challenges that are meant to be spread over a couple matches like complete 25 gens.

    I have no problem with challenges that requires you to use a specific perk like opening a certain amount of chests with plunderers instinct


    I have no problem with challenges that require you to do a decent amount of things in one game for example heal people up four health states


    However I have problems with challenges that require you to hope that a certain situation happens for you to even be able to attempt it.

    Save two people during endgame collapse is ridiculous:

    you would have to have at least three people survive until the gates are open including yourself you could do this with just one other person but it's harder.

    Then you would have to hope those people go down.

    Then you would have to hope that the killer doesn't defend their kills and allows you to get the save that's a safe rescue.

    If it's not a safe rescue you're out of luck if someone beat you to it you're out of luck.


    Any challenges that require you to hope something specific happens in the game is bad design.

    Hell even with the four basement sacrifices you would have to hope that the survivors don't catch on to what you're doing and run away to the other side of the map or that they don't disconnect


    Any challenges like the two I mentioned above or more that follow the same theme are just terrible

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'm going to have to agree.

    The main complaint seems to be that the challenges promote unhealthy gameplay because they encourage people to focus on the challenge objective rather than just playing the game as they normally would, but the thing is there is no challenge the developers could possibly devise where that wouldn't be the case.

    If you give people another objective, particularly a time-limited one, they are naturally going to go out of their way to pursue it ingame. If that weren't the case, there would be no point in having challenges. It doesn't matter what that objective is.

    The other major complaint is that the challenges are too difficult. In my opinion, such a complaint would hold more water if those making it had spent more than two days trying to complete challenges which are designed to take three weeks for the average player, before making any conclusive judgements about them.

    Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not at all trying to suggest that players shouldn't be allowed to complain or criticise. I just think, firstly, that player attitudes are a much bigger part of the problem than the challenges themselves, and secondly that the community at large jumped the gun a bit without personally giving the challenges an honest shot first.

    I feel like challenges that wouldn't have any big chance to effect gameplay are possible.

    Keep them simplistic and don't require any specifics like egc.

    Do gens/drop pallets/heal/sacrifice/hit/use a specific perk etc are all good challenges.

    Stuff you'd be doing normally anyway.

    Unhooks are only a problem due to farming people hate getting farmed.

    Challenges like get sacrifices during egc with noed could just be run noed and get sacrifices at any time.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875281#Comment_875281

    I feel like challenges that wouldn't have any big chance to effect gameplay are possible.

    Keep them simplistic and don't require any specifics like egc.

    Do gens/drop pallets/heal/sacrifice/hit/use a specific perk etc are all good challenges.

    Stuff you'd be doing normally anyway.

    Unhooks are only a problem due to farming people hate getting farmed.

    Challenges like get sacrifices during egc with noed could just be run noed and get sacrifices at any time.

    Of course you can do challenges that don't hurt the game's health (significantly). Was there a massive outcry about the challenges of level 1 and level 2? No.

    @Fibijean I get that you want to defend the devs but putting the blame on the players instead of the bad challenges is not the way go. Luckily the devs realized that these challenges aren't good for the game in their current state.

  • @Volfawott said:

    I have no problem with challenges that are meant to be spread over a couple matches like complete 25 gens.

    I have no problem with challenges that requires you to use a specific perk like opening a certain amount of chests with plunderers instinct

    I have no problem with challenges that require you to do a decent amount of things in one game for example heal people up four health states

    However I have problems with challenges that require you to hope that a certain situation happens for you to even be able to attempt it.

    Save two people during endgame collapse is ridiculous:

    you would have to have at least three people survive until the gates are open including yourself you could do this with just one other person but it's harder.

    Then you would have to hope those people go down.

    Then you would have to hope that the killer doesn't defend their kills and allows you to get the save that's a safe rescue.

    If it's not a safe rescue you're out of luck if someone beat you to it you're out of luck.

    Any challenges that require you to hope something specific happens in the game is bad design.

    Hell even with the four basement sacrifices you would have to hope that the survivors don't catch on to what you're doing and run away to the other side of the map or that they don't disconnect

    Any challenges like the two I mentioned above or more that follow the same theme are just terrible

    This situation took me 5 hours to achieve in only one opportunity, not to mention all the early dcs I did to avoid killers from camping me in the basement. The difficulty wasn't as hard as much as the opportunity for it to even happen. This along with normal booboo has left me with little tolerance of any kind leading me to dc often. Once the one trial missions are done I can finally play normally without having to worry about being murdered and camped early

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875752#Comment_875752

    Of course you can do challenges that don't hurt the game's health (significantly). Was there a massive outcry about the challenges of level 1 and level 2? No.

    @Fibijean I get that you want to defend the devs but putting the blame on the players instead of the bad challenges is not the way go. Luckily the devs realized that these challenges aren't good for the game in their current state.

    Not at all - if I were interested in defending the devs just for the sake of it, I would be defending their decision to make adjustments to the challenges.

    As hard as some might find it to believe, all I'm doing is expressing my own honest opinions about the archives and how the community has responded to them. If anything, the devs and I seem to disagree on this particular point.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875281#Comment_875281

    I feel like challenges that wouldn't have any big chance to effect gameplay are possible.

    Keep them simplistic and don't require any specifics like egc.

    Do gens/drop pallets/heal/sacrifice/hit/use a specific perk etc are all good challenges.

    Stuff you'd be doing normally anyway.

    Unhooks are only a problem due to farming people hate getting farmed.

    Challenges like get sacrifices during egc with noed could just be run noed and get sacrifices at any time.

    Thing is, as the OP pointed out, even simplistic challenges will see people shift their style of gameplay to focus on completing the challenge, whether it's gen repairs, pallet drops, heals, vaults, item uses, hits, or sacrifices.

    I'm not saying it's impossible to have challenges that don't encourage toxic behaviour, but what I am saying is that almost by definition, challenges encourage players to change how they play in order to pursue a singular objective, regardless of what that objective is.

  • Just to clariffy I am not talking about the master challenges. I do think that the last minute hero challenge should have been a side node if it has to exist at all. My point is about the grind challenges and how the comunity handels them. The problem with the grind challenges is that there is no way to make them not encurage unfun behaviar if trying to do them in as little matches as possible.

  • I'd agree with you if they completed passively.

    Say, 3 unhooks, 2 gens and an endgame unhook all added onto their respective challenges at the end of a match.

    The fact that I HAVE to do 25 unhooks AND 2 EGC unhooks before accessing the rest of the survivor challenges, (many of which seem more fun to me) or completely equally forced and grindy killer challenges, means that yes, I'm going to get through those damn unhooks as fast as possible.

    I think they should do away with the webs, or at least take out certain larger goal objectives and let them passively accumulate at the same time over many matches.

    Yeah, we get it, the devs want to force us into playing a TONNE of matches so they can inflate their numbers, but it's honestly already at the point of being harmful to the game and we're only on tome 1 where they SHOULDN'T be completely out of ideas.

  • Almost all problems in the game is due to community lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875835#Comment_875835

    Well, maybe if BHVR didn't slap a time limit and make the rift so grindy and time consuming.

    Even if you do all the challenges, you're still going to have to play at around 4 hours of DBD a day to still break even on the Rift -- slightly less because we had a whole extra 11 days head start. But that's assuming that queues are good and we know that queues can last longer than most matches last depending on the role you play and your rank.

    You have 2 weeks till the next level and after that you have 4 till the rift closes. I think that is enought time to finish them all and even if not, you could just grind the last rift shards your missing by not doing some of them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875849#Comment_875849

    I think you're woefully underestimating how long it takes to grind the rift.

    4+ hours (on average) every day -- doing all the challenges. How long do you think it would take if people don't do them? God forbid people miss a couple days here and there.

    On a bad day it can take me up to 6 hours to get one tier and that was with the bonus daily XP.

    If it took "an hour a day" like BHVR had advertised it would take instead of 3~4 times that amount, I don't think people would be trying so hard to get the challenges done. But no, people spent money on the rift already believing it would be as casual as they said, and now they are in fear of wasting it, as many people have voiced on here already.

    I'm surprised that some people are surprised that this happened. To me it looked like a mistake waiting to happen and I had adamantly voiced my concerns about it before the Rift even release both on here, and in their THREE surveys!

    The survey for adding a battle pass to the game,

    The survey for the Rift in the PTB,

    And the survey for after the Rift had already been live.

    And what do you know; the very thing I was concerned most about is happening practically to a complete T. It's almost like this problem could have been avoided if they had listened to the concerns of their community in the first place, or just not adding a battle pass which has no place in DBD and most of the community voted "DO NOT ADD A BATTLE PASS" in their first survey.

    But naaaah. This is definitely the community's fault. /s

    It's not like we voted against the battlepass, it's not like we told them the challenges were a problem both on the PTB and when level 4 was leaked on live. It's not like we never voiced our concerns at all.

    This is completely on BHVR for wanting to add yet another free to play monetization scheme in a pay to play game.

    The community is not the problem at all. Cooperate greed is.

    Did they release the numbers of that survey?

  • @Resurrect said:

    "The real problems with the archives is a comunity that can't let these challanges happen naturally instead having to force them threw as fast as possible."
    • The real problem with the archive is how it was implemented
    • Challenges force unnatural game play due to the fact you must complete the selected challenge before you can work on the next
    • This creates focus on one task and one task only during each and every game for those trying to get through the rift
    And It Sucks . .

    I understand you are wanting bring about some balance with all the angry posts/threads out there in regards to the archive. Unfortunately, this misses the mark completely.

    The developers created this battle pass with the sole intention of getting more money. No, there is nothing wrong with things being challenging. I guarantee even if the challenges were not linked to the rift (which is where the money comes in) and was completely free someone would still complain.

    Most of the hate comes from the challenges having a direct impact on how quickly you can get shards to progress through the rift. Many players are counting on completing the challenges to help complete the rift which I am sure most have already paid for.

    • This is all my opinion, cant prove anything beyond common sense. Though this exact process is repeated time and time again within other games.

    At the rate you are forced to complete challenges and challenges that become quite specific in the way they must be completed doesn't make completion impossible, but highly improbable for most casual gamers.

    The developers are counting on this so players then invest even more by buying tiers outright that they were unable to unlock by playing the game . . naturally.

    • Good luck and have fun with everything. I am happy getting some extra BP through challenges. Could care less about the pass for reasons covered.
    Could be wrong . . Just one's opinion.

    You have an unlimited amount of time to work on these challenges. The only real time limit you have is the rift, and we still have over a month of it. You don't need to hard-focus on the challenges to get them done, and most of them aren't even that hard. They just take some time.

    @Sairek "I think you're woefully underestimating how long it takes to grind the rift."

    I dunno, if you do the challenges and play semi-regularly you can do it without really trying. I'm at Tier 50 and I still have most of the challenges in Tome 3 to do, and Tome 4 is still coming.

    Sure its time consuming but if you are playing the game you are going to get through most of it. I agree that most people don't have the tenacity to play so much as to complete the Rifts through playing, but we still have over a month.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876040#Comment_876040

    No, but:

    Given the massive outcry against it when the survey first came up, with some people being indifferent (I emphasis most, not everyone), as well as a few player-made surveys to gather numbers (these were roughly even, with slightly leaning towards 'no'), we can assume that a majority did not want a battle pass (in the survey gauging interest, I don't believe there was a simple 'yes' or 'no' option, anyway). At the very least, the community was divided on it.

    Given what we now know about the Rift, if people knew that introducing a battlepass would have meant that:

    • You get a couple of (worse) recolors and maybe a skin or two at the end of the free track and nothing else,
    • Making most cosmetics timed exclusives,
    • The death of objective-based events whilst making event currency go from a one/two week grind to a 70 days grind instead and being shoved into the free track. These are things we would have gotten anyways, battle pass or not. Take the event currency out of the free track and what are you left with?
    • Required making the game your new part time job with the amount of hours required to finish the pass,

    ...I think most people would have voted "no" or raised even more concerns than they already did. BHVR was not being truthful with their intentions of the battle pass when they described it in the survey at all. Hell, they weren't even being truthful when they advertised the introduction of it. Again, "an hour a day of match time if you complete all the challenges" is a woeful miscalculation even in the best case scenarios and I see that as deceptive.

    Even if only 25% of people wanted a battle pass and the other 75% did not, BHVR still would have added one because even that is profitable. It costs them next to nothing to make the battle pass. They can just throw cosmetics they were going to make and sell in there anyways and make the rest filler and make them exclusive only to the rift to increase their value (charms) and people will gobble it up. So knowing the numbers ultimately is moot anyways.

    But the current problems seem to originate from every one doing the challenges and, by proxy, the rift. So it seems to me that there is an interest from the comunity. If there where only like 25% of players interested there woun´t be this massiv problem. And if they just wanted to make money they could just have sold those skins seperatly. I argue that they could have made more money this way, without giving auracells back and nobody would have complained.

  • @Hellbughunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876074#Comment_876074

    But the current problems seem to originate from every one doing the challenges and, by proxy, the rift. So it seems to me that there is an interest from the comunity. If there where only like 25% of players interested there woun´t be this massiv problem. And if they just wanted to make money they could just have sold those skins seperatly. I argue that they could have made more money this way, without giving auracells back and nobody would have complained.

    If they weren't planning on making money on the Rift, they'd not have allowed players to buy tiers. This one single feature show Behavior's intention behind the Rift. Combine that with the immense grind required to actually get enough fragments to complete the Rift itself, and their actions are speaking for themselves.

    They hope that people give into buying tiers to complete the Rift.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876104#Comment_876104

    Auric cells being in the rift is why the grind is so large.

    Remove each tier that has auric cells in the rift and remove an equal amount of tiers. Now look at how manageable the Rift suddenly is when you do so.

    The amount of people who complete the Rift is going to be fewer than the amount of people who not only bought the rift and didn't complete it enough to get all of their auric cells back, but the amount of people who buys tiers. Anybody who buys just 10 tiers of the rift means they've made their profit back, and I've seen plenty of people in the first week who already had the tier 70 Nectar charm on their hooks or on their survivors.

    You seem to be under the impression that the Rift is a favor to us. The reality is that it's simply not.

    No company would ever actually introduce something like this without the intention of making money. Why do you think you can pay to skip tiers in the first place if it was meant to be as easy to complete as they advertised it to be or so easy to earn the auric cells back?

    Even in the scenario where nobody buys tiers, they sure as hell have to play the game a lot to get their auric cells back. That too, makes them money, because that means more people are playing the game -- whether they want to or not.

    Mind you, this is all neglecting the fact that you still have to pay the initial 1,000 auric cells worth of money to actually buy the first rift to have the opportunity to "make your money back" except you don't actually get that money back as dollar bills, you only get back auric cells. They still get that first investment of cash from you. Even if everyone who bought the first rift continued to get their cells back, they've still made profit from it -- a lot of profit.

    The objective here isn't player engagement. The objective is player investment. I know this, and yet I'm still falling into the net of that even though I don't want to play the game right now. I still do, because I want to finish the Rift to get that cosmetic even if it apparently means destroying any joy left this game brings me, because said joy is fading fast and I'm not sure after the rift ends if I will even want to continue playing so long as this sham that is the Rift, designed in such a way to manipulate people continues. I do not support it whatsoever and quite frankly I have better things to do with my time than be farmed and camped every single ######### game, every single day, by challenges designed on purpose to increase the difficulty and grind of completing the Rift because they want to be so stingy with it.

    I am aware that the rift wasn't a benevolent gift. But i don't beleave it was, like you sugested, implemented against the wish of the comunity just to make as much money as possible.

  • The problem isn't the community at all. All these challanges can be done. Some harder then other, but all are doable. The problem is that you have to do them one by one, as others said above. The same problem was and still is in Battlefield 5. The devs (Dice) don't listen and this results in a lot of frustration of their community. The same is here. Making tree based challenges is always unhealthy. Just adding challenges that get done while you play normally is much better. This gives the player the option to either play normally or concentrate on a challenge. The 4 gens by yourself of Rift 4 for example: I've already done that in a normal game. Will I be able to do it when I select the challenge? Maybe. I guess it will be rather frustrating, cause it will take foreveeeeeeeerrrrrrrr to finish it.

    @Peanits why didn't you guys do that way? Why an unhealthy tree based challenge?

  • Its ironic how ppl will do things like farm hook saves so they can rush through a tome, only to then complain that they dont have anymore challenges to do once they finish them all in 2 days.

  • A solution for the problem that people focus too much on that single challenge they chose is this:

    Do not implement the challenges in a web-like structure, but make then accessible and active all at once. Change the requirements to finish a level to a percentage of challenges you need completed.

    This way you could play normally, but do "escape the trial with Hope" the same time you "healed 4 Survivors in one match". The grindy Challenges wouldn't be that problem either, because you repair gens, save and heal every game. This way you could even increase the amount you need for that (with more reward of course), because you can do all at the same time.

    I think this would be more healthy for the game.

  • @bendermac You just need to finish the Gen. No need to do it all from 0 to 100. I know that for a fact, because I only fully repaired one Gen and finished 2 other.

  • Its not just the community. There are always people who would complain under any situation, you dont have to care for them. Also there are alsways people having different views, cause of different playstyles like those who play much say its too easy ot those who play not much say its too hard. For those you have to find an agreement. BUT, the battlepass itself has such a bad design that you are forced to play different for certain "challenges" to progress instead of being able to do them if you want to or if its just happened. This Battlepass-system here is fundamentally wrong designed, just compare them to any other battlepass-like systems in other games. But I dont think that BHVR will change anything of its design for the next Rift, cause they dont seem to care much for feedback.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    @bendermac You just need to finish the Gen. No need to do it all from 0 to 100. I know that for a fact, because I only fully repaired one Gen and finished 2 other.

    That was tome 2. I was talking about tome 4 and we don't know yet if you just need to be on the gen when it pops or do it fully alone.

  • @bendermac that is the same challenge (same words they used) like in level 2 but with 4 gens instead of 3.

  • Grind challenges aren't bad but I think the whole idea of them should be casual friendly as the rift and archives are meant to be.

    The devs stated the rift should be able to be done with around 1h of playtime a day.

    Knowing this means challenges then need to be part of that so in theory then they should take no more than 1 hour of playtime. It's a problem with the over all system and how it was planned to be available for all.

    If a challenge takes 15 games for example that means and average 150m so 2.5 hours which goes against that. It's an issue they have atm due to what they originally stated was the goal for completion.

    Personally I like the grind ones more but being able to do too many in a match is the issue not just the act itself. When you need 10 saves and can use bt and farm hooks you could do it in 2 games but it ruins the match for everyone else.

    My proposal was to limit it to say 2 hooks per match which could also be the same for gen ones and applied to all grind challenges. This should be easily possibly in 5 games then which is 50m if playtime (playtime not queue time which is another discussion)

    The ones I don't really like are luck based ones like kill or unhook in the egc, using certain perks or basement kills as these not only add more grind but are also more luck dependant which means the 1h scenario doesn't work as it could take 1 or 15 matches to get it done.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876051#Comment_876051

    You must remember that we had an 11 day head start on the Rift.

    If it were not for that 11 day headstart, I would still be at tier 31 -- not tier 42, as I played a lot of DBD in those 11 days (was Thanksgiving around here in Canada so had a lot of free time).

    Put where you are at now, and subtract 11 days from the amount of time remaining on the rift, and it doesn't look like so comfortable amount of time anymore if you miss a day here or there, or if you have a job to do, school, or just a family to take care of, or hell, just casually play DBD.

    So you say you would be at level 31, meaning you´d be mising 39 Tiers and of today you have 39 days left. seems to checkout to me.

  • I did some math:

    The first Tome Level gives you 93 Riftshards, the second 84, the third 90 and the forth 85 (Asumed they wont change the layout before releasing it) that makes 352 Riftshards. It takes 690 Shards to complete the Rift, meaning 338 Shards have to be grinded with xp. It takes 800 xp to get a shard making it a total of 270400 xp. you can get a daily bonus of 600 if you both play a round of killer and survivor giving you 42000 xp over 70 days leaving 228400 xp. let´s say you make around 550 xp per game it would take 415,27 games to get to the end. Meaning you need to play 5.9 games a day to get the rift to it´s end, if you miss a daily xp bonus you would need one or two games more.

    I would say it´s probably a more than one hour a day. But in my opinion 6 Games a day don´t seem unreasonable especially if you consider you can earn more than 550 xp per round with good emblems.