Does THIS qualify as "holding the game hostage"? [ALL NAMES CENSORED]

Question 1: What happened?

Answer 1: I versed a SWF team at Hawkins. They were acting pretty cheeky from the very start of the game. Typical huge ego players clicking their flashlights and tbagging in the distance and behind every pallet. However, after killing two of them I noticed the map got "strangely quiet" all of a sudden.


Question 2: What did they decide to do?

Answer 2: They decided to not touch any generators on purpose and hide for about 15 minutes. I suppose they wanted me to DC because I was "boring". At the end of the video below you can see why I was "boring" to them.

After finally finding/downing one of them I didn't even bother slugging for the 4k even though I knew the hatch was gonna spawn next to the last survivor like in all of my games.


After the game I obviously got insulted as always. After telling them that holding the game hostage was bannable they replied:

"YOU WERE CAMPING ALL GENERATORS"


Anyways here is the video and some screenshots (ALL NAMES CENSORED)


https://youtu.be/GAmCRNQm_vw


IMG_20191123_154052361~2.jpg IMG_20191123_154137582~2.jpg


I didn't report them in-game because I'm not sure if 15 minutes is enough to consider it "holding the game hostage". Also I only recorded the last 9 minutes.


Question 3: At what point is it considered "holding the game hostage" ?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Dehitay said:

    What the hell?! How are so many people suggested EGC to start from survivors doing nothing. Did it really escape everybody's mind that all survivors have to do if something like that is introduced is hide all game in order to get an easy escape? A much more logical conclusion would be for the survivor's aura to become visible after a certain amount of minutes without working on a gen, being in a chase, healing, or doing anything of value.

    Okay they escape then depip because they did nothing the aura reveal could work though.

  • It isn't holding the game hostage because the game can still end without you having to disconnect. I am sorry you got these people but there is nothing you can do right now (hopefully in the future some mechanics can be implemented that will make this sort of behavior happen less frequently).

  • Yeah I've had scrubs do this to me. I'm pretty much the definition of not a toxic killer. Some people are just #########.

  • @Dehitay said:

    What the hell?! How are so many people suggested EGC to start from survivors doing nothing. Did it really escape everybody's mind that all survivors have to do if something like that is introduced is hide all game in order to get an easy escape? A much more logical conclusion would be for the survivor's aura to become visible after a certain amount of minutes without working on a gen, being in a chase, healing, or doing anything of value.

    That actually sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a location reveal would be even better rather than auras because they were probably switching lockers in 1 minute intervals making it almost impossible to find them if their aura was revealed for let's say 5 seconds after 10 minutes.


    So yeah... Maybe a plain location reveal similar to Rancor? Combined with an angry Entity sound that can be heard all around the map so I know that I have to "NOW look around to see their location".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They had to tap the gens; else crows would appear and start giving out their location.

    But yeah; they held the game hostage and you could definitely report them I agree. Thing is though, nothing really comes of reports.

    You don't need to touch a gen to stop crows. You just need to wiggle around once a minute. That's a good idea though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    While it's not bannable you can just DC and move on. I'm not advocating for DCing itself but there's no reason to waste your time dealing with trolling.

    Not gonna lie I was thinking about DC-ing because I really hate aimlessly walking around but since I only had the chance to check out Hawkins a handful of times I wanted to get used to the pathing between gens anyways. If I had not randomly found the tbagging Claudette I would have probably DC'd a few minutes later. But honestly DC-ing not an option as the upcoming patch will include temporary bans for DC's right?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861478#Comment_861478

    yes but itd basically tell survivors "you have 11 minutes before you die get to it".

    I think it should be 6 minutes and get reset whenever a generator is completed. Forcing it to be games of a very specific length would limit play styles and could likely be used to killers advantage.

  • could a member of staff actually look at this? because if i were to verse a swf team like that i would loose my #########. and knowing my luck, i'd get banned for "harrassment"

  • @LordGlint said:

    Unfortunately I dont really think its possible for a survivor to hold the game hostage by the Devs definition since you have the ability of ending the game without DCing. The only way the survivors COULD be labeled as such is if they managed to get to a location that you cant reach. This might still be labeled as griefing however since their goal was no longer to play the game, but rather to ruin your experience. The line "We wanted to make it as boring as possible for you" points to that end.

    how can the killer end it if there are gens needing to be done he cant go and open the door until all gens are done. this is holding the game hostage with proof of them admitting to doing so.

  • @Yamaoka

    Well next time slug it all the way, always give back in kind and let those bleed out.

  • It's punitive petty survivor behavior, but it isn't a hostage situation per se. Nothing stopped the game it just made the experience aggravating for no other reason than you dared to play the game. People who do that stuff are typically just have no understanding how to behave.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861478#Comment_861478

    yes but itd basically tell survivors "you have 11 minutes before you die get to it".

    why not make it like Friday the 13th. If you cant kill the survivors in the 20mins they survive/escape.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    It's punitive petty survivor behavior, but it isn't a hostage situation per se. Nothing stopped the game it just made the experience aggravating for no other reason than you dared to play the game. People who do that stuff are typically just have no understanding how to behave.

    The devs have already stated that when survivors refuse to do the objective(s) and instead hide or avoid the killer with the intention of stalling the game, that it is holding the game hostage.

  • I wish there was a hide n seek game mode and whoever was found gets instantly moried. It would probably be terribly boring for the killer thought -_-

  • No it's not but it's highly irritating.

    I had a couple of muppets do the same in Hawkins a few weeks ago.

    Eventually they came creeping out in an attempt to do the gens...and I gleefully murdered them.

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861384#Comment_861384

    how can the killer end it if there are gens needing to be done he cant go and open the door until all gens are done. this is holding the game hostage with proof of them admitting to doing so.

    Because its still possible to end the game other than DCing by finding the survivors. I dont agree with it, but thats how the devs have defined it and answered that very question in the past.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/862606#Comment_862606

    Because its still possible to end the game other than DCing by finding the survivors. I dont agree with it, but thats how the devs have defined it and answered that very question in the past.

    yeah but didnt the mod say if they admit they werent stuck somewhere it is punishable

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/862606#Comment_862606

    Because its still possible to end the game other than DCing by finding the survivors. I dont agree with it, but thats how the devs have defined it and answered that very question in the past.

    W47N2RF1AZ9Y.png


  • @underlord99 said:

    why did you censor your perks??

    Probably to hide the fact he’s an Insidious camper... 😂

  • Lol you were camping generators?


    They were all litterally spaced out lol.


    I would call that keeping it hostage because they aren't allowing you to progress until you found them. They were even doing it on purpose. They could've been doing gens and when you got close hid. But instead they chose not to.


    I would say that would be keeping the game hostage from the Killer POV.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861587#Comment_861587

    Probably to hide the fact he’s an Insidious camper... 😂

    Nice try. I was standing around for seconds several times throughout the video which would have activated Insidious visibly. Also my perks are also blocked in my survivor clips. It's a habit just like blocking my addons.

  • @Yamaoka Hey, I was able to get a response from an ACM.

    In this instance, yes, it's considered griefing and thus holding the game hostage. I see that you say you didn't report them, but if this happens again like this, please report them in the game and send additional video evidence to support for holding the game hostage.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    @Yamaoka Hey, I was able to get a response from an ACM.

    In this instance, yes, it's considered griefing and thus holding the game hostage. I see that you say you didn't report them, but if this happens again like this, please report them in the game and send additional video evidence to support for holding the game hostage.

    Thank you for the clarification Luzi! Really appreciate it

  • Yeah nothing like camping the whole map. I had someone accuse me of "long distance camping" before, so I replied "You mean I was on the map?".

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861406#Comment_861406

    Yeah nothing like camping the whole map. I had someone accuse me of "long distance camping" before, so I replied "You mean I was on the map?".

    Survivors are pathetic lmao

  • I don't want to target all survivors as its not the role that pathetic just some of the people that unfortunately play the game.

  • Now you can't even patrol gens without being flammed? wow.

    Let's hope it doesn't become common practice; Unfortunately, I don't think SWFs can even be "improved".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They had to tap the gens; else crows would appear and start giving out their location.

    But yeah; they held the game hostage and you could definitely report them I agree. Thing is though, nothing really comes of reports.

    @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861383#Comment_861383

    That's not how that works you can crouch and walk around to prevent crows you dont need to touch a generator.

    You don't even have to walk around. You can prevent crows by just emoting.


    @Yamaoka I hope you let that one bleed out. I come across these types once in a blue moon and if they try so hard to waste my time I will return the favor. They typically DC though.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861383#Comment_861383

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861386#Comment_861386

    You don't even have to walk around. You can prevent crows by just emoting.

    @Yamaoka I hope you let that one bleed out. I come across these types once in a blue moon and if they try so hard to waste my time I will return the favor. They typically DC though.

    Yeah people have already told me this several times.

1 2 ›