The Spirit nerf isn't very bad if that's all
If BHVR doesn't pull anything, this nerf doesn't seem so bad really. From playing the killer, she will still be top tier. As she was without add ons previously anyways, and collision rarely gets me one of my hits.
Don't add any more on top of this, and she will still be meta I predict.
This is different from the Nurse change, as the Nurse change actually just rekt nurse and made her not fun at all.
Comments
Nurse is still very very viable and performing well at red ranks with good nurses.
Are you implying the OP is a bad Nurse?
Change was supposed to make her less powerful, not harder to play.
If they want to take it that way. I just find the overreaction on the forums ridiculous when it comes to nurse. A lot of bad nurses got weeded out and are complaining because they cannot rely on their omega blink nurse to carry them through a game. If you are a good nurse, you will still play well and perform well.
A very shallow and frankly misguided view on the situation
Those who complain about the nurse's nerf are usually the ones who are not good at her because people are still making videos and steaming of them getting 3k or more each game.
I wish they would just put her basekit back to normal as she is, shes sooo unfun to play (for me anyways) i have not enjoy her since basekit change other may have I haven't i also play her on console.
I hate having to rely on add-on (cooldown ones) its also fking frustrating as hell to always go to blink only to be met with oh you didn't wait that 1sec longer ๐ ๐ ๐
How is it misguided or shallow?
Well first starters you say only bad nurses hated the change when in fact the top nurse mains around have had the most outrage over it if you look around..because nobody cares omega blink is gone as you seem to think, it's all about the base kit changes which hilariously is counter intuitive to what the devs were trying to achieve..now shes harder and more punishing for less potential..the laziest and most inappropriate way to handle a nerf in any game as it makes the character feel unnecessarily stressful..yet here you are parroting the same stuff every person who doesnt get it does..claiming only the bad ones cared when the good ones actually cared the most
You heard a streamer complain about it. "the best nurses".
Primarily ardetha...known in the community to be one of the best nurses around..now funnily he was on board till he saw the results in a survivor game..then he realized just how bad the downside was and how terrible it felt to play it
Cool, there's a difference between feeling different and not being strong. Nurse is still very very strong, and still in my own opinion number one in red ranks if you are a good Nurse.
tbh Nurse feels so bad atm because dedicated servers + her nerf were at the same time and dedicated servers are bad for her too
Thought this was a spirit post.
Well I'm really not. I can still frag with her but it's definitely harder.
Anyways this is way off topic.
Why do you talk like every nurse players that are bad currently were relying on omega blink?
Removing collision during phase and giving her a vault animation is gonna make her feel much less hopeless to face. I might even start playing her more after this patch goes live since I won't feel so bad for playing her
She's strong when using addons. Without addons survivors can easily run her around the map just by pressing W. So pay your 9K BP tax to have old nurse or play something else, I guess.
It's funny cuz I only used base kit Nurse with no slowdown perks.
Anyways, spirit plz.
Yes, she will be strong yet fair.
That is every killer in the game. Nurse at base kit compared to other killers base other than maybe Spirit is still better. She negates loops and pallets.
Because if you were a bad nurse player that had to use omega blinks to secure your hits, or basically take 4 or more blinks to land a hit I would say you were.
Again I am talking about red ranks right now, now brown - purple. There were a LOT of really bad nurse players who just abused how strong nurse was to get to red ranks, and without her really strong addons they would not have gotten there at all.
Also CrowFoxy I'm not calling you bad, and I do agree her base kit change feels different and people don't like it. However I still personally believe she is still the number one killer in red ranks.
Just because survivors refuse to change their playstyle to adapt to the killer doesn't mean the killer is still strong. In this case, she still is. But like I've said in other threads, why would you play something that is constantly giving you negative feedback now? It's frustrating, janky, and plain dumb to walk around so much when you're the slowest killer in the game and using your power like you're supposed to to supplement that now punishes you. And her counter became so braindead easy to do, run past a corner. All her mind games are lost with this change, I mean there are just so many problems.
Well basically it did both, which makes it so survivors can run in a straight line and the Nurse can't really catch them.
Spirit got off easy compared to Nurse.
Indeed, this is actually a SLIGHT change, hopefully they learn from this...
we only want base kit revert, not those add-ons. Your statements are only justify add-ons nerf, not base kit. i'm pretty sure people are happy that those add-ons are gone, including those who abuse it
This killer has been out for a year now, so it's obvious that it isn't the surivior changing their gamestyle, it is that there is no counterplay. She has every rights to locate a surivior than a surivior has to know where she is, this allows her to pretty much counter all things a surivior can do against her as they would just be guessing.
"Run past a corner" so a killer is disabled and can't follow you?
"All her mindgames are lost". First off, the killer has no mind game because how can a surivior counter someone they can't see or know what they are doing? Whereas, the killer is capable of standing still and gaining knowledge what the surivior are doing so that they can phase. Secondly, they haven't took away the main point of her and that is her having no way to mind game the killer because she gives no feedback to the surivior.
Every killer gives a negative feedback to there power, so what are you talking about? You kept pretty much everything you need to still end chases in a short time because the main problem of her has not been solved.
Have you seen any good nurses in red ranks after nerf? Show me them then. I haven't met one and yes, I am on PC
EDIT: To be fair, I didn't see any good nurses before nerf too
I don't know how to respond to you then if you are so good at this game and have never seen a good Nurse.
@MeatBycicle You didn't understand me. I never said I am good. I just rarely play against nurses. And when I do they are usually very bad. I am simply wondering where are all these nurses? Everyone was saying that red ranks are full of nurses and spirits. I only get spirits.
To sum up, my point is: barely anyone played nurse even before nerf. And even if they did, they probably just played for daily. After nerf it's only worse.
And then, what's the point of nerfing killer that is already rarely played?
Maybe on PC but on console she is now practically unplayable
Ok first of all I was talking about Nurse.
Secondly, I think the Spirit nerfs are actually ok and are much closer to "slight change" than the bushwhack they hit Nurse with.
On the topic of mindgames though, Spirit is probably the most mindgame heavy killer so anything that detracts from that will hurt her more than they intend, like with Nurse. I dislike the vault change because that was something unique about Spirit, but I don't play her so I won't really be too down about her changes.
But also her counter without add ons is running in a straight line.
You called spirit a "mindgame" killers? You are joking, right? You understand what mind gaming is? Mindgaming someone who is invisible and doesn't give you any feedback on what they are doing. Whereas, the killer has every right to locate you and know what you are doing. You call that fair and a mindgame?
A killer that can constantly win games with little to no skill, does deserved to get nerf with her ability, otherwise she will always win games. Scott Jund has already made a 2 hours gameplay video of him using spirit and winning every single game with her. He doesn't even call himself a main or a very good spirit user which that alone says how easy it is to use Spirit.
Nurse is fine as she is now. Complaining about the nurse would just show how you didn't have much skills on using her. Otherwise you would hardly care about the nerf and wouldn't see any difference other then her add ons. She kept her ability to end chases quickly which is pretty much all she needs and can still ignore all defences a surivior has.
False, though. Even good nurses are suffering.
No one is saying she's not viable, just super stressful and unfun to play.
"We wanna give the players a better nurse. More fun to play and play against."
How? From seeing streams,videos and playing against good nurse players. There is little to hardly any difference to her power.
To be fair Nurse has never been fun to play on consoles
She used to be fun, and now she isn't. That is what the suffering is. Think about killers for once. Or do 50/50, like everyone should.