Survivors are over performing

Gens can be done in 3 minutes flat especially when you have a good survivor for chases, and the shack of ending killer careers, I'm speaking as a survivor, 3 minute games are not fun, and I end up having to half sabotage the game to at least give killers a chance by simply not repairing even if killer is on someone else so it at least last 5 minutes and ofcourse much longer cause the killer should have hooked by then, for survivors it's always business as usual, no matter what, spirit and nurse isn't the answer cause 1) they getting nerfed but 2) they are easy to counter if you aren't stupid, their own power is what causes them to lose if a survivor knows how and it really is easy and nurse has been entirely run into the ground now, please, fix the god damn gens, that's all I want, I want longer games not ones that are laughable jokes, and some are asking for Mori nerfs, it's all a killer has to have a chance


TlDR: read it or move on

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829323#Comment_829323

    In that same video, scott was saying that that was ridiculous... This is by far not the average or normal. The entire video was to prove the point of Spirit was overperforming, so using his stats that he presented to show that end...as the average chase for any killer...

    He done multiple test and he didn't even use the strongest add ons. I'm also talking about if a person uses a strong killer and play optimal with it. They can always or usually expect chases to be 34 seconds or less.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829336#Comment_829336

    He done multiple test and he didn't even use the strongest add ons. I'm also talking about if a person uses a strong killer and play optimal with it. They can always or usually expect chases to be 34 seconds or less.

    Not when you get to the shack then is long as #########

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829309#Comment_829309

    I've made tons of arguments for both sides, at least someone gets why, I'll complain both sides cause it's all really unbalanced, the solution is simple, after 2 hooks, have Mori be able to kill IF survivors that are injured or healthy that are too far away and if they are near disable saves killer time still admittedly but a killer is just that, a killer and have the key only work when 1 gen remains instead, but overall, due to gen times, and a strong team, killers don't have the time to even manage a hook, not cause they're bad but cause the maps are tailored to near perfect survivor movements, the shack being a prime example, loops being a good one too, at least the ease of it, especially when windows are involved, especially when there's multiple windows and you just have to switch between the 2 at times, with the pallet around, looking at the scrapyards mostly, putting the killer as they should to not be overpowered is easy, currently due to how overpowered survivors are right now, but here is the thing, when I play killer, red ranks, I normally win on gates or the 3 gen strategy, but for real, before I really get to a second generator, one gets done, the start of any game it's one gen done, nothing else about it, that's the fact, as survivor, I rarely lose, nurse and spirit the easiest, infinite loops, not from the normal way, from other means, but it's infinite, easy

    I don't disagree with anything you have said in that statement.

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829350#Comment_829350

    Not when you get to the shack then is long as #########

    ?That is true.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829336#Comment_829336

    He done multiple test and he didn't even use the strongest add ons. I'm also talking about if a person uses a strong killer and play optimal with it. They can always or usually expect chases to be 34 seconds or less.

    Your missing the point...As I already said in my post before... certain killers CAN land multiple hits back to back. I even already stated Spirit was one of those. Huntress doesnt have to deal with attack cooldowns with hatchets, nor is the distance an issue. Spirit can close that distance VERY quickly with her 176% phasing movement speed. These are not the normal... Even in the video your quoting here, the absolute fastest chase was 20 seconds...using a killer who can bridge the gap faster than normal. So that 20 seconds wasnt even the normal in the spirit demonstration.

  • I feel like they do go too fast as survivor and even with ruin they do go quickly so I'd say maybe make it 20 seconds longer and make the gen regressing perks percentage to fit the same amount of time lost so pop goes the weasel regresses it by 20%, but it still makes generators lose 20 seconds of time. Make Hex: Ruin (Highest tier) regress 4% for each good skillcheck, but you still lose only 4 seconds plus the 3 seconds afterwards

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829350#Comment_829350

    Your missing the point...As I already said in my post before... certain killers CAN land multiple hits back to back. I even already stated Spirit was one of those. Huntress doesnt have to deal with attack cooldowns with hatchets, nor is the distance an issue. Spirit can close that distance VERY quickly with her 176% phasing movement speed. These are not the normal... Even in the video your quoting here, the absolute fastest chase was 20 seconds...using a killer who can bridge the gap faster than normal. So that 20 seconds wasnt even the normal in the spirit demonstration.

    Spirit can not do this if you play against her right, can't hit what you can't see, can find them either, spirit weaknesses are windows and Stealth vaults, when she uses her powers, otherwise it's a normal easy chase, honestly the only time she is an issue is at a gen, unless you use spine chill then off you go GG 2 EZ

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829309#Comment_829309

    I've made tons of arguments for both sides, at least someone gets why, I'll complain both sides cause it's all really unbalanced, the solution is simple, after 2 hooks, have Mori be able to kill IF survivors that are injured or healthy that are too far away and if they are near disable saves killer time still admittedly but a killer is just that, a killer and have the key only work when 1 gen remains instead, but overall, due to gen times, and a strong team, killers don't have the time to even manage a hook, not cause they're bad but cause the maps are tailored to near perfect survivor movements, the shack being a prime example, loops being a good one too, at least the ease of it, especially when windows are involved, especially when there's multiple windows and you just have to switch between the 2 at times, with the pallet around, looking at the scrapyards mostly, putting the killer as they should to not be overpowered is easy, currently due to how overpowered survivors are right now, but here is the thing, when I play killer, red ranks, I normally win on gates or the 3 gen strategy, but for real, before I really get to a second generator, one gets done, the start of any game it's one gen done, nothing else about it, that's the fact, as survivor, I rarely lose, nurse and spirit the easiest, infinite loops, not from the normal way, from other means, but it's infinite, easy

    That's a really dumb idea for mori since you could just hook them if they are already death hook

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829363#Comment_829363

    Spirit can not do this if you play against her right, can't hit what you can't see, can find them either, spirit weaknesses are windows and Stealth vaults, when she uses her powers, otherwise it's a normal easy chase, honestly the only time she is an issue is at a gen, unless you use spine chill then off you go GG 2 EZ

    Ok, cool. My whole point was that chases last longer than 20 seconds, with certain killers and situations being outliers. If you want to agree with me that chases do infact last longer...cool.

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829340#Comment_829340

    That's a really dumb idea for mori since you could just hook them if they are already death hook

    Thats kinda the point. Youd still be able to see the cool animations without it drastically affecting the outcome of the match. The only things it would really affect matchwise is being able to bypass DS or instances where hooks arnt available nearby.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829400#Comment_829400

    Ok, cool. My whole point was that chases last longer than 20 seconds, with certain killers and situations being outliers. If you want to agree with me that chases do infact last longer...cool.

    Yeah kinda was I worded it wrong, wasn't fully trying to attack just that spirit is easier to deal with than people think, not many people has really given it a try

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829431#Comment_829431

    Yeah kinda was I worded it wrong, wasn't fully trying to attack just that spirit is easier to deal with than people think, not many people has really given it a try

    The whole point I was making was that chases last longer than 20 seconds, if nothing else than due to the speed boost and attack cooldown. You could put a golfball on the W key and have a chase last longer than 20 seconds against most killers. Im not even talking skill here. Theres only a handful of killers that can best the insane playstyle that is the golfball for a chase lasting under 20 seconds, lol.

    The person I was talking to was trying to claim chases on average are 20 seconds...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829426#Comment_829426

    Thats kinda the point. Youd still be able to see the cool animations without it drastically affecting the outcome of the match. The only things it would really affect matchwise is being able to bypass DS or instances where hooks arnt available nearby.

    Except it doesn't really override ds since you can still get hit with it with the first hook and sabo squads are rare

  • The survivors spend too much time practicing their roles in the theater it's taking up too much time!

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829340#Comment_829340

    That's a really dumb idea for mori since you could just hook them if they are already death hook

    That's the idea, kill or hook, if you have dying light then is obvious what you want, but if that's not near enough then at least there's one less anyways, most of the offerings are BP or chests or mist or spawn locations, and ofcourse mori, mist is useless for a killer as you know, 4V1 chests are useless for a killer as you know, 4V1 BP is always useful, spawn locations are useless cause... separating them ends the game even quicker usually, so that's a game throwing offering, and survivors benefit regardless anyways, and map locations for a killer is useless cause ya know, 4V1 so Mori is really all that's left which is attacked, but most killers like the kill animation, and I use this rule typically, if not have what I said as a natural thing for the end or make it like devour hope only for the kill not the rest, devour hope is barely used anyway cause people just get totems done quick as they know the spawns, I just don't want Mori gone, that's all, the kill animation is badass

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829446#Comment_829446

    Except it doesn't really override ds since you can still get hit with it with the first hook and sabo squads are rare

    I was just giving examples on when it would POSSIBLY be beneficial instead of just a cool animation. Personally, If it was just a cool animation and not a busted offering, i'd be more inclined to use them more often. Atm, they just fill my bloodwebs and I see them as useless garbage that I'm sometimes forced to buy because the entity took the 3000 BP mist offering Id rather buy instead.

  • Well people want mori nerfed because insta heals got nerfed and mori just ends the game too quick and is generally unfun depends how the killer goes about it. For myself it depends. If I'm already dominating the survivors then I'll use it on their last hook. If not and I'm getting gen rushed you get moried when or if I catch you slipping up.

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829426#Comment_829426

    That's the idea, kill or hook, if you have dying light then is obvious what you want, but if that's not near enough then at least there's one less anyways, most of the offerings are BP or chests or mist or spawn locations, and ofcourse mori, mist is useless for a killer as you know, 4V1 chests are useless for a killer as you know, 4V1 BP is always useful, spawn locations are useless cause... separating them ends the game even quicker usually, so that's a game throwing offering, and survivors benefit regardless anyways, and map locations for a killer is useless cause ya know, 4V1 so Mori is really all that's left which is attacked, but most killers like the kill animation, and I use this rule typically, if not have what I said as a natural thing for the end or make it like devour hope only for the kill not the rest, devour hope is barely used anyway cause people just get totems done quick as they know the spawns, I just don't want Mori gone, that's all, the kill animation is badass

    Ehh the emblem system punishes killers heavily for using it currently so it getting nerfed like that makes it a hard and unnecessary nerf mist works with trapper hag and ghostface on non indoor maps the other 2 are useless

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829450#Comment_829450

    The whole point I was making was that chases last longer than 20 seconds, if nothing else than due to the speed boost and attack cooldown. You could put a golfball on the W key and have a chase last longer than 20 seconds against most killers. Im not even talking skill here. Theres only a handful of killers that can best the insane playstyle that is the golfball for a chase lasting under 20 seconds, lol.

    The person I was talking to was trying to claim chases on average are 20 seconds...

    I bloody wish 20 seconds was the average chase time

  • I find it pretty fun the way it is now tbh. Just wish the emblem system didnt completely suck. Had a game where I 4ked the other day with only 2 gens done as Bubba...barely black pipped. Today, I 3ked with Myers using MOSTLY T2 with all gens being done...almost double pipped.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Well people want mori nerfed because insta heals got nerfed and mori just ends the game too quick and is generally unfun depends how the killer goes about it. For myself it depends. If I'm already dominating the survivors then I'll use it on their last hook. If not and I'm getting gen rushed you get moried when or if I catch you slipping up.

    That's why I say have it work only after second hook, no real advantage and a cool animation along side it and insta heals were just horrible, I'd rather another full DS team than deal with that as a killer, infact I'd rather have a toxic Mori killer running whilst I'm a survivor than the old insta heal

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829626#Comment_829626

    I find it pretty fun the way it is now tbh. Just wish the emblem system didnt completely suck. Had a game where I 4ked the other day with only 2 gens done as Bubba...barely black pipped. Today, I 3ked with Myers using MOSTLY T2 with all gens being done...almost double pipped.

    It is a joke the system, you aren't wrong, really if you lose but played well, no loss but no gain is how it should be, wins should be the only way to get ranked, once the game is more balanced than it currently is, I do Remember a game that I basically followed the survivor guide book for killers to the letter and they still cried, I used legion, that may have been the cause of the salt

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829476#Comment_829476

    Ehh the emblem system punishes killers heavily for using it currently so it getting nerfed like that makes it a hard and unnecessary nerf mist works with trapper hag and ghostface on non indoor maps the other 2 are useless

    What I meant in those being useless is that your input with those as a killer could have 0 effect due to 4 survivors just feeling like "eh why not" or just liking to have it in that way, especially when I'd rather bloodpoints anyway over mist

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827353#Comment_827353

    This forum never ceases to amaze me. 12 minute jukes on average. Where 6 minutes is the average of the worst juker.

    Jeez. Pure Comedy Gold. Please "keep it up".

    Btw. if you 3 gen rushers "gen rush", why does your "runner" have to juke the killer for 12 minutes on average, if gens can be done in 3 minutes? Just asking for a friend.

    Oh I missed this, I can answer really easily, we decided to be toxic for a month and not do any gens but see which of us was the best

  • NERF SOLO SURVIVOR ! BROKE AF

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    NERF SOLO SURVIVOR ! BROKE AF

    Lol, solo survivors I rarely see anymore, last time I did, it was, interesting, I'm running, and they doing nothing, after 5 minutes still no gen and I'm running

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829675#Comment_829675

    Lol, solo survivors I rarely see anymore, last time I did, it was, interesting, I'm running, and they doing nothing, after 5 minutes still no gen and I'm running

    Aye 4000+ chase points, your two mates on the hook and nothing - claudette solo team mate crouched next to a locker

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827730#Comment_827730

    That is still a survivor nerf no matter how you spell it.

    I disagree, you now have protection vs exposed. Imagine playin bubba, finally getting that chainsaw only for nope, not today fella. Same with billy, myers, gf, the list goes on no matter from perk/kit. How was that a nerf exactly?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827774#Comment_827774

    I disagree, you now have protection vs exposed. Imagine playin bubba, finally getting that chainsaw only for nope, not today fella. Same with billy, myers, gf, the list goes on no matter from perk/kit. How was that a nerf exactly?

    And now I can get old moonwalking legion’d by stealth killers, how Isn’t that a nerf exactly?

  • “Slugging isn't fun for survivors and I wish Behavior would find a way to make it where getting gen rushed this quickly isn't a possibility”

    I would love to see a secret killer offering where survivors can only work one gen at a time.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829687#Comment_829687

    And now I can get old moonwalking legion’d by stealth killers, how Isn’t that a nerf exactly?

    Legion isn't that weak, and only legion, pig, Freddy, can prevent total gen rush, and legion and pic requires to at least find them all and pig isn't the best at it still without gears, Freddy though, the only killer at the moment worth playing for a balanced chance, with add ons, no standard base killer has a fair chance Vs standard base survivors of equal skill and experience to the killer, it is a shame how badly they messed the balancing and the players has to balance it themselves with perks, currently the best killer set (opinion, this just gives the best time you could get) Freddy, swing chains and either red paint for first 60 seconds being better or jump rope for after 60 seconds which is enough time to pop a couple if they decide to 4 or 3 man gens, but the last few becomes horrible unless they wake up, hence swing chains is the must have, as for perks, dying light, ruin (we want to maximize the minimum) thanatophobia, and save the best for last or play with your food or BBQ and chili depends if you want successful hit recovery, speed or a form of detection that's at least reliable to a sense with BP let's see how long Freddy lasts like this though, personally as a survivor I love it

  • @vossler25 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829697#Comment_829697

    Legion isn't that weak, and only legion, pig, Freddy, can prevent total gen rush, and legion and pic requires to at least find them all and pig isn't the best at it still without gears, Freddy though, the only killer at the moment worth playing for a balanced chance, with add ons, no standard base killer has a fair chance Vs standard base survivors of equal skill and experience to the killer, it is a shame how badly they messed the balancing and the players has to balance it themselves with perks, currently the best killer set (opinion, this just gives the best time you could get) Freddy, swing chains and either red paint for first 60 seconds being better or jump rope for after 60 seconds which is enough time to pop a couple if they decide to 4 or 3 man gens, but the last few becomes horrible unless they wake up, hence swing chains is the must have, as for perks, dying light, ruin (we want to maximize the minimum) thanatophobia, and save the best for last or play with your food or BBQ and chili depends if you want successful hit recovery, speed or a form of detection that's at least reliable to a sense with BP let's see how long Freddy lasts like this though, personally as a survivor I love it

    This isn’t related to my comment, mine was in regard to purple insta-heals.

  • According to BHVR's internal statistics, every killer gets more than 2 kills per game, on average. So survivors are not, in fact, overperforming.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829687#Comment_829687

    And now I can get old moonwalking legion’d by stealth killers, how Isn’t that a nerf exactly?

    Well I see more value in protection against exposed. For the rare occasion a stealth killer actually doing that, yeah it is a nerf. The only "stealth" killer I see would be gf who can be broken out of his power quite easy.

  • @Monlyth said:

    According to BHVR's internal statistics, every killer gets more than 2 kills per game, on average. So survivors are not, in fact, overperforming.

    Ok, let's go off the new players and bump up to ranks 6-1 which I'm more familiar in, survivors almost always win, either that or my team is too OP and we need nerfs...oh wait that's still survivors, get a team that's often online, watch your win rate as survivor skyrocket, and killers plummet, and currently with Mori (which I admit as killer yes I play both, killer when alone survivor with my team) it is overpowered, I use it after 2nd hook on each survivor, I love the animations, and I'll do it near hooks or walk closer to a hook then kill

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829697#Comment_829697

    Well I see more value in protection against exposed. For the rare occasion a stealth killer actually doing that, yeah it is a nerf. The only "stealth" killer I see would be gf who can be broken out of his power quite easy.

    Wraith and piggy can do it, T1 Myers can and I believe Freddy can if you’re asleep.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829867#Comment_829867

    Wraith and piggy can do it, T1 Myers can and I believe Freddy can if you’re asleep.

    Yup but still worth it imo. Right now you wouldn't get bt if the person unhooking is asleep and you can trigger it anyway. I don't like the deep wound status right now as you said, yeah you can be legion moonwalkd by a few killers on the other hand you can do gens and everything else for every other killer who is busy chasing somebody else.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829886#Comment_829886

    Yup but still worth it imo. Right now you wouldn't get bt if the person unhooking is asleep and you can trigger it anyway. I don't like the deep wound status right now as you said, yeah you can be legion moonwalkd by a few killers on the other hand you can do gens and everything else for every other killer who is busy chasing somebody else.

    Deep would is a weird state, it should go down while repairing imo but zero TR killers shouldn’t be able to moonwalk it and I’d prefer it to be a healing action.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103252/survivors-are-over-performing

    Your personal experience means that you are overperforming, not necessarily that survivors are overperforming.

    Until BHVR releases stats for survival rates for the entire game, we are not going to know if they are overperforming. The last official stats we got had overall survival rates at around 40%.

    40% is that with DC remove that and watch it skyrocket

  • In an ideal game gens can be done that fast. In an ideal killer game a killer can kill everyone if they are potatoes in under 3 minutes anyway. It's extremely rare in either scenario. I'm a killer and survivor player so I know both sides of the coin. On killer I predominantly play Spirit, Huntress, Myers and Pig. I 3-4k most of the time and I'm by no means a god. Some people need to get there facts right

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829899#Comment_829899

    Deep would is a weird state, it should go down while repairing imo but zero TR killers shouldn’t be able to moonwalk it and I’d prefer it to be a healing action.

    Simple fix, let the timer go down unless killer in a radius of idk maybe 10/12 meters?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829917#Comment_829917

    Simple fix, let the timer go down unless killer in a radius of idk maybe 10/12 meters?

    That sounds reasonable to me.

  • OP, post a video of you running a killer like this. Screenshot your rank. I'm failing to believe you win more than 20% of your games unless you're quitting to get to rank 20 to in turn win 20 games and quit it up again. It sounds more like you're a sour killer pretending to be a survivor main who loses a majority of games. If you'd just start with the truth you'd likely get more help.

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    OP, post a video of you running a killer like this. Screenshot your rank. I'm failing to believe you win more than 20% of your games unless you're quitting to get to rank 20 to in turn win 20 games and quit it up again. It sounds more like you're a sour killer pretending to be a survivor main who loses a majority of games. If you'd just start with the truth you'd likely get more help.

    Unfortunately, I have a basic internet, and it's shared, so I run just over minimum internet recommended for online play, and I can not do videos, and I play Freddy mostly, I'm sitting mostly around ranks 3-6 rare but a few times 1-2 I did say this on here I believe, if I get the money for the internet (PS4 player btw) then by all means I will, then you can call me out from there, but I barely get by as it is

  • They should just double gen times.


    To get the max experience points for staying in game you have to live for 10 minutes so it would be only logical that average games should last at least 10 minutes.

  • Really, only the pink syringe got nerfed. Purple essentially does the same thing.

    Plus medkits got buffed to heal even faster now, so...

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827724#Comment_827724

    Really, only the pink syringe got nerfed. Purple essentially does the same thing.

    Plus medkits got buffed to heal even faster now, so...

    You forget about stealth killers.

  • That's not a survivor nerf. That's a killer buff.

    Not even buff, QoL change so that stealth killers... Stay stealthy?

1 2 3