Cleansing Against Plague Works

I've done enough experiments in various ranks and various teams (SWF and Solo) at least 30 matches (over the course of like 200 or something; nobody really plays plague) And my theory really works most of the time.


When you're sick, and Nowhere near the killer; find a cleansing pool on the other end the map (like Freddy's clocks) and cleanse and resume gen fixing. When you hear that loud 'Tiiing!' to signify the plague is now Corrupt; you HIDE


I know! It's crazy! Hiding in a Horror Game?! Bonkers!

It really does work; just get off gens and hide when you hear that terror radius, or even sooner. She can't down you if she can't see you. And she can't infect objects while corrupt, so; literally just "Immerse" yourself in this game

Comments

  • The problem is you're now forcing your entire team to cleanse as well which now means she has multiple corrupted pools. Not the best idea.

  • Interesting. Is there a certain time where the corrupt runs out and she can't use it anymore? Is that why you hide? Thanks.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The problem is you're now forcing your entire team to cleanse as well which now means she has multiple corrupted pools. Not the best idea.

    So hide every time; with my SWF teams, they agreed to work with my plan; and every time we were on the same page, we were Hardly ever caught unless the Plague had whispers.


    I know I can't express that to Other Solo's, so that's why I'm trying to.. get this idea out there; because it **Works**

  • @Sherry said:

    Interesting. Is there a certain time where the corrupt runs out and she can't use it anymore? Is that why you hide? Thanks.

    When she corrupts, on base, it stays on her for 60 seconds, unless she corrupts again (up to 60 again) or gets stunned with a pallet (loses corrupt)

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820080#Comment_820080

    So hide every time; with my SWF teams, they agreed to work with my plan; and every time we were on the same page, we were Hardly ever caught unless the Plague had whispers.

    I know I can't express that to Other Solo's, so that's why I'm trying to.. get this idea out there; because it **Works**

    "So hide every time; with my SWF teams,"

    This is the key words right here. ONLY when you've got a SWF group to be well organized. Any random group you are screwing over. You will never have this organized enough for solo queue.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The problem is you're now forcing your entire team to cleanse as well which now means she has multiple corrupted pools. Not the best idea.

    Agreed, unless your whole team cleanses you will just get sick immediately from them after you go get back on a gen after you cleanse. You wasted valuable time, gave her corrupt purge, and get to not be broken for like 30 seconds. Then if your whole team cleanses she has corrupt purge forever. Generally it is more valuable to go get a gen done rather then cleanse.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820084#Comment_820084

    "So hide every time; with my SWF teams,"

    This is the key words right here. ONLY when you've got a SWF group to be well organized. Any random group you are screwing over. You will never have this organized enough for solo queue.

    That's why I'm trying to get this idea out there; so Solo's aren't scared to cleanse and remain practically Exposed all match; calling it a bad idea or calling me evil for utilizing a strategy that keeps me alive isn't going to change my mind

  • @Scal3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820080#Comment_820080

    Agreed, unless your whole team cleanses you will just get sick immediately from them after you go get back on a gen after you cleanse. You wasted valuable time, gave her corrupt purge, and get to not be broken for like 30 seconds. Then if your whole team cleanses she has corrupt purge forever. Generally it is more valuable to go get a gen done rather then cleanse.

    Is that not half of her design? To Fight against the sickness? Oh dear oh no, I have an actual side objective to do besides cleansing; that's only what we've wanted **For Years**

  • @Scal3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820080#Comment_820080

    Agreed, unless your whole team cleanses you will just get sick immediately from them after you go get back on a gen after you cleanse. You wasted valuable time, gave her corrupt purge, and get to not be broken for like 30 seconds. Then if your whole team cleanses she has corrupt purge forever. Generally it is more valuable to go get a gen done rather then cleanse.

    And no she doesn't have corrupt purge forever??? What??? That is Super untrue

  • Thats actually a pretty interesting idea. My brother and I may give it a few tries.

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820089#Comment_820089

    And no she doesn't have corrupt purge forever??? What??? That is Super untrue

    I did not mean that literally, you are giving her 4 pools of corrupt purge which is 4 minutes worth. That is a large amount of most games is a very long time for her to have an extremely powerful ranged attack. The whole reason nobody cleanses against plague is because she snowballs super hard with corrupt purge. It is almost always easier to go against a loopable m1 killer than someone with an extremely powerful ranged attack.

  • @necromeat said:

    Thats actually a pretty interesting idea. My brother and I may give it a few tries.

    It will work if you don't play too risky; like.. don't gamble the dice on the bet "Maybe she won't come over *Here*" Always pretend you're on her Patrol Path

  • Solution: Plag hooks someone THEN gets corrupt vomit. The pressure is on old man!

  • @Scal3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820093#Comment_820093

    I did not mean that literally, you are giving her 4 pools of corrupt purge which is 4 minutes worth. That is a large amount of most games is a very long time for her to have an extremely powerful ranged attack. The whole reason nobody cleanses against plague is because she snowballs super hard with corrupt purge. It is almost always easier to go against a loopable m1 killer than someone with an extremely powerful ranged attack.

    When every single pool becomes corrupt, they All turn back to normal, but Instantly gives Plague corrupt.

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820103#Comment_820103

    When every single pool becomes corrupt, they All turn back to normal, but Instantly gives Plague corrupt.

    It does not really matter how many pools are corrupt, if people are constantly cleansing she will always have corrupt purge available.

  • @Scal3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820107#Comment_820107

    It does not really matter how many pools are corrupt, if people are constantly cleansing she will always have corrupt purge available.

    Would it really not be fun to feel like you're in danger? In a horror game? I want the killer to be strong, but be able to avoid contact with my wits; like Outlast. And even if she does catch me, it's not the end of the world; I should have hid better.

    This strategy works 85-90% of the time through my researches

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820088#Comment_820088

    That's why I'm trying to get this idea out there; so Solo's aren't scared to cleanse and remain practically Exposed all match; calling it a bad idea or calling me evil for utilizing a strategy that keeps me alive isn't going to change my mind

    This is entirely my point. You encouraging them is a bad idea. Solo's will not be coordinated enough and 99% of the time you are getting them to screw their teammates over.

    "calling me evil"

    No one has called you evil...

    It's just simply a bad idea

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820090#Comment_820090

    This is entirely my point. You encouraging them is a bad idea. Solo's will not be coordinated enough and 99% of the time you are getting them to screw their teammates over.

    "calling me evil"

    No one has called you evil...

    It's just simply a bad idea

    It pays me back in survival in a Survival Horror Game; so I call it a good idea

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820148#Comment_820148

    It pays me back in survival in a Survival Horror Game; so I call it a good idea

    As a SWF it does.

  • Just like there are many people who suck at looping, there are many people who suck at hiding - often they are the same people.

  • @darktrix said:

    Just like there are many people who suck at looping, there are many people who suck at hiding - often they are the same people.

    So the solution to That is to stay 1-shot all match?

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820228#Comment_820228

    So the solution to That is to stay 1-shot all match?

    Least they won't cause other survivors to suffer disadvantage by giving the killer a machine gun.

  • Plagues design was flawed since she was made. You either stay broken whole game or cleanse and make her even more powerful. She's pretty annoying and should be completely reworked imo.

  • Stealth doesn't exist in this game. All you need are whispers and eye balls to track people. And all the good killers will run whispers.

  • What if Plague gets her Corrupt Purge when she has someone hooked and especially if that person is in the basement ? You are gonna hide and leave your teammate to die ?

  • @Marcus said:

    What if Plague gets her Corrupt Purge when she has someone hooked and especially if that person is in the basement ? You are gonna hide and leave your teammate to die ?

    I didn't say my plan was Flawless; if you're in the basement and caught by Any killer, you're kinda screwed

  • @MouseBoii said:

    Stealth doesn't exist in this game. All you need are whispers and eye balls to track people. And all the good killers will run whispers.

    It doesn't 'exist' cause you aren't good at it; try Fixated when you can. It's the Best

  • I'm sorry about everyone else in my solo team but I'M CLEANSING, I'm a great looper and I can handle the corrupt purge, don't get me wrong, I'll help the team, as I've stated in other posts, I'm the "hero" type of player, but as there are people who can't handle the corrupt purge I'm one of those who can't stand not being able to be stealthy cause my character screams and pukes like a little B

  • I don't know how other Plagues play, but generally I don't rely on Corrupt because so many people in purple and red ranks don't cleanse. I only ever use it for BP after a 4k or grab it if I'm in a chase and we pass by it.

  • @Marcus said:

    What if Plague gets her Corrupt Purge when she has someone hooked and especially if that person is in the basement ? You are gonna hide and leave your teammate to die ?

    So you think it's better to go and unhook broken?

    I agree with OP. Isn't it natural for everyone to hide when she gets corrupt? I play solo and almost all of the games I had with her she just snowballed because everyone was broken and everyone refused to cleanse just because community says it's the best way to counter her. It is really situational, but I would say cleansing even early can be very helpful.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820249#Comment_820249

    Least they won't cause other survivors to suffer disadvantage by giving the killer a machine gun.

    Hide from the Machine Gun

  • @Lmronby said:

    I've done enough experiments in various ranks and various teams (SWF and Solo) at least 30 matches (over the course of like 200 or something; nobody really plays plague) And my theory really works most of the time.

    When you're sick, and Nowhere near the killer; find a cleansing pool on the other end the map (like Freddy's clocks) and cleanse and resume gen fixing. When you hear that loud 'Tiiing!' to signify the plague is now Corrupt; you HIDE

    I know! It's crazy! Hiding in a Horror Game?! Bonkers!

    It really does work; just get off gens and hide when you hear that terror radius, or even sooner. She can't down you if she can't see you. And she can't infect objects while corrupt, so; literally just "Immerse" yourself in this game

    hiding no matter what is an approach that works in two cases:

    1- you are a swf team, if you hide you just tell the position of the killer to your team mates, and they do whatever while you're idle

    2- you are an egoistic solo player that is waiting for the hatch and/or will never pip anyway because of Bronze Chaser points :P


    Apparently you are part of team 1, but cleansing and hiding in a solo scenario means screwing your team 100%. Not saying to cleanse is wrong every time, of course, but you should be really, really careful on your timing.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The problem is you're now forcing your entire team to cleanse as well which now means she has multiple corrupted pools. Not the best idea.

    It works when ur selfish and only focused to survive by any means, even sacrificing your entire team.

  • @Sherry said:

    Interesting. Is there a certain time where the corrupt runs out and she can't use it anymore? Is that why you hide? Thanks.

    She runs out when the timer runs out for it or when she gets stunned by a pallet. If she doesn't know you are at a pallet you could stun her when she walks through

  • Perfect example just happened; Everyone was cleansing against the plague on Torment Creek; and every single survivor survived

  • Funny, in my game every single survivor cleansed and everyone died!


    We need to go deeper ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102536/cleansing-against-plague-works

    hiding no matter what is an approach that works in two cases:

    1- you are a swf team, if you hide you just tell the position of the killer to your team mates, and they do whatever while you're idle

    2- you are an egoistic solo player that is waiting for the hatch and/or will never pip anyway because of Bronze Chaser points :P

    Apparently you are part of team 1, but cleansing and hiding in a solo scenario means screwing your team 100%. Not saying to cleanse is wrong every time, of course, but you should be really, really careful on your timing.

    The team catches on to the plan very quickly. *Usually*

  • @Lmronby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820383#Comment_820383

    The team catches on to the plan very quickly. *Usually*

    what plan? The plan "I'm gonna hide if I hear a terror radius, good luck everyone" :P?

    Oh yes, they will catch on, and hate you very much :D.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820573#Comment_820573

    what plan? The plan "I'm gonna hide if I hear a terror radius, good luck everyone" :P?

    Oh yes, they will catch on, and hate you very much :D.

    That's why I'm talking here; to learn to start hiding when the Plague approaches whilst corrupt

  • Refusing to cleanse and stay broken isn't always a great idea. Plague has an add-on that reveals the aura of anyone that pukes, and another that gives corrupt purge whenever a gen pops. So you work a gen while broken, plague sees where you are, and gets a powerful ranged attack just in time to catch you with it.

  • No it's not always a good idea to stay broken the whole match but it's always situational... neither is it a good idea to cleanse immediately and screw your team over... since everyone will have to hide and the. No one is doing gens. Most of the time it is preferable to stay broken.. that's why dead hard and looping is so strong.

  • Hmm I like the idea but my complaint and I think everyone else is that her corrupt is op if she finds you that's a down. My problem with letting her get it is she just looks up and swings her mouse left and right. I get it's supposed to be powerful but I feel like i don't even have a sliver of a chance of getting away. Maybe that's me and if you have strats that work against corrupt please @ me I'd like to try it. Next time I'm in a full swf I'll give it a shot.

  • @ChilledOcean said:

    Hmm I like the idea but my complaint and I think everyone else is that her corrupt is op if she finds you that's a down. My problem with letting her get it is she just looks up and swings her mouse left and right. I get it's supposed to be powerful but I feel like i don't even have a sliver of a chance of getting away. Maybe that's me and if you have strats that work against corrupt please @ me I'd like to try it. Next time I'm in a full swf I'll give it a shot.

    Stun her or stay out of her sight

  • what is this "H-I-D-E" you are talking about?

    is it eatable?

    is it some sort of new sandwich variation?