I really dunno why anyone who's new to the game even calls it insta saw. Rn, billy can reduce his charge by 36%. The reason he used to have REAL instasaw is Tinkerer. Which make it 56% and it was ridiculous.
It's (still) called instasaw because with his best charge addons the charge time drops down into the (very) high-1 second range. That's pretty much using the chainsaw "instantly" in my book.
Also I'm sad now. You reminded me of og tinkerer. That perk was pretty much part of any build I ran on any killer. R.I.P. old tinkerer perk. I will miss you forever.
It's (still) called instasaw because with his best charge addons the charge time drops down into the (very) high-1 second range. That's pretty much using the chainsaw "instantly" in my book.
Also I'm sad now. You reminded me of og tinkerer. That perk was pretty much part of any build I ran on any killer. R.I.P. old tinkerer perk. I will miss you forever.
They should bring back with 3/4/5% rather than 10% max.
ds took 2 years and mom shouldnt even existed both perks were complete bs the game is becoming better but not close to being balanced at all
Doesn’t change the fact that they got nerfed, took nurse three years to get nerfed and spirit got released last year and now she is gonna get looked at. (Which I don’t agree with)
ds took 2 years and mom shouldnt even existed both perks were complete bs the game is becoming better but not close to being balanced at all
DS was changed a few times in 2 years and it's still complained about 😉.
MoM well we all knew how that would pan out but they still reacted quickly.
All this shows is when they see something is actually impacting the game they actively look at doing something.
Whether we agree or not about changes our opinions aren't always what is best for the game overall as most only see what will affect themselves as bad and what helps them good.
stop being a toxic human being. promoting this "side war" is unecessary. if you disagree, give your point or shut up.
He's right thou. Billy is next on the nerf list, as if you remember, the devs first said they were looking to change both Billy's and Nurse's addons. Later on they then decided to change nurse's base kit resulting in the Nurse nerf we have.
Devs are going to do the same thing to billy, where they say they will just change only his add ons, and then come out to say they will do "slight" changes to his base kit and nerf him.
We saw this with Legion and Nurse, it would be arrogant to say that they wouldn't do the same thing to billy.
I stopped using it since I rarely get to stab with it
Just run into a locker immediately, lol. Bonus points if you take Head On+Inner Strength. They either wait out your DS and risk gens popping like crazy, leave you so you're safe(which ACTUALLY prevents the tunnel, better than eating the DS imo), or eat the DS, or you get healed to full, Head On them, and then run away and they're chasing a full health survivor again..
I guess that is why DS, MoM and exhaustion got nerfed?
Ds, MoM, and exhaustion were nerfed, because it gave survivors the power role. Those are necessary nerfs because it either gave survivors an extra life.
Just run into a locker immediately, lol. Bonus points if you take Head On+Inner Strength. They either wait out your DS and risk gens popping like crazy, leave you so you're safe(which ACTUALLY prevents the tunnel, better than eating the DS imo), or eat the DS.
My problem was more so that people just don’t normally tunnel me.
Ds, MoM, and exhaustion were nerfed, because it gave survivors the power role. Those are necessary nerfs because it either gave survivors an extra life.
I’m not saying they didn’t need nerfs, they did. The person I was responding to basically said that survivor mains just cry for nerfs so I mentioned those.
Doesn’t change the fact that they got nerfed, took nurse three years to get nerfed and spirit got released last year and now she is gonna get looked at. (Which I don’t agree with)
@GrootDude Can you be so kind to tell me where they say that they are going to look at Spirit? I am in a DbD facebook group and I would like to tell them the news. Thank you.
@GrootDude Can you be so kind to tell me where they say that they are going to look at Spirit? I am in a DbD facebook group and I would like to tell them the news. Thank you.
I guess that is why DS, MoM and exhaustion got nerfed?
DS got buffed not nerfed, it's way better than it was previously and healthier for the game, mom was put out as a cash grab, devs created some OP as perk just so they could boost the Ash DLC sales
@GrootDude Can you be so kind to tell me where they say that they are going to look at Spirit? I am in a DbD facebook group and I would like to tell them the news. Thank you.
I heard about it when someone summarized the dev stream.
DS got buffed not nerfed, it's way better than it was previously and healthier for the game, mom was put out as a cash grab, devs created some OP as perk just so they could boost the Ash DLC sales
In that case, give me original DS since it got buffed.
DS got a huge buff. Random obsessions so you are less certain who has it, you can't hook juggle to stop it, and it's for the most part the exact same free life the old DS was, just at a different time. Before DS was only a free escape at the end if you NEVER went down the entire match. Now DS is a free escape if you just get unhooked during EGC.
Also OP, .6 seconds is a very long time in a game like DBD. Consider that brutal strength, one of the best pallet smashing perks in the game, only takes off ~.5 seconds from every pallet. So maybe 6-8 seconds total off pallet breaking the entire match?
But being .5 seconds closer to a survivor is often the difference between them making it to the next loop or not. Just like having your one-shot sprint burst attack being .6 seconds faster is often the difference if you hit them at a loop or not.
That's why the 50% reduction of enduring is always paired with spirit fury, because the fractions of seconds you save not being stunned often is the difference if they make it to the next pallet or not.
But it's not OP, since good survs will dab on the Billy and loop easily.
Its just a name for this build/ addon combination such as "Infinits", the old infinit windows like in coal tower or ironworks. Its not a actual infnit, but they were and they are still the strongest loops in the game and because of that ppl still just call it like that. Noone means it that it is actually one. So just calm down lol
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
its old tactic surv mains crying on forums for nerfs bcz they want easy games, after spirit nerf billy is 100% next
It's (still) called instasaw because with his best charge addons the charge time drops down into the (very) high-1 second range. That's pretty much using the chainsaw "instantly" in my book.
Also I'm sad now. You reminded me of og tinkerer. That perk was pretty much part of any build I ran on any killer. R.I.P. old tinkerer perk. I will miss you forever.
I don't know why people use charge time add ons anyway turning add ons are better imo
They should bring back with 3/4/5% rather than 10% max.
I guess that is why DS, MoM and exhaustion got nerfed?
ds took 2 years and mom shouldnt even existed both perks were complete bs the game is becoming better but not close to being balanced at all
Doesn’t change the fact that they got nerfed, took nurse three years to get nerfed and spirit got released last year and now she is gonna get looked at. (Which I don’t agree with)
DS was changed a few times in 2 years and it's still complained about 😉.
MoM well we all knew how that would pan out but they still reacted quickly.
All this shows is when they see something is actually impacting the game they actively look at doing something.
Whether we agree or not about changes our opinions aren't always what is best for the game overall as most only see what will affect themselves as bad and what helps them good.
I think DS is more powerful than it used to be and more balanced. Plus it's funny how obvious people are with it now.
whenever im a survivor and see a drift king billy its terrifying
So many of my teammates get themselves killed trying to use it lol
I'm like meh with it. When I use it I'm happy cuz BP.
I stopped using it since I rarely get to stab with it
I use it because I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
He's right thou. Billy is next on the nerf list, as if you remember, the devs first said they were looking to change both Billy's and Nurse's addons. Later on they then decided to change nurse's base kit resulting in the Nurse nerf we have.
Devs are going to do the same thing to billy, where they say they will just change only his add ons, and then come out to say they will do "slight" changes to his base kit and nerf him.
We saw this with Legion and Nurse, it would be arrogant to say that they wouldn't do the same thing to billy.
Most killers slug me anyway since at least one survivor normally has DS.
Just run into a locker immediately, lol. Bonus points if you take Head On+Inner Strength. They either wait out your DS and risk gens popping like crazy, leave you so you're safe(which ACTUALLY prevents the tunnel, better than eating the DS imo), or eat the DS, or you get healed to full, Head On them, and then run away and they're chasing a full health survivor again..
Ds, MoM, and exhaustion were nerfed, because it gave survivors the power role. Those are necessary nerfs because it either gave survivors an extra life.
No idea who you play with on occasion who has it *looks away*
My problem was more so that people just don’t normally tunnel me.
I’m not saying they didn’t need nerfs, they did. The person I was responding to basically said that survivor mains just cry for nerfs so I mentioned those.
I don’t know either. :P
I want to remind you all to keep the discussion civil and respectful, no need to attack or insult others over a different opinion.
Ds arguably got a buff since the only thing you can do is slug now and if you do too well you'll still get hit with it
I wish we kept this on topic.
@GrootDude Can you be so kind to tell me where they say that they are going to look at Spirit? I am in a DbD facebook group and I would like to tell them the news. Thank you.
Recent live Q&A stream they did.
https://www.twitch.tv/deadbydaylight/clip/ObeseKitschyToothKippaDS got buffed not nerfed, it's way better than it was previously and healthier for the game, mom was put out as a cash grab, devs created some OP as perk just so they could boost the Ash DLC sales
I heard about it when someone summarized the dev stream.
In that case, give me original DS since it got buffed.
But it's not OP, since good survs will dab on the Billy and loop easily.
Thank you kindly.
Its just a name for this build/ addon combination such as "Infinits", the old infinit windows like in coal tower or ironworks. Its not a actual infnit, but they were and they are still the strongest loops in the game and because of that ppl still just call it like that. Noone means it that it is actually one. So just calm down lol
Billy is there target point for all killers of course there gonna nerf spirit cause she's overperforming.