Developers NEED to comment on the Dark Sense challenge...

If it's actually completing a FULL 4 generators in one match using Dark Sense it's a very scummy challenge.

I'm hoping it's just poorly worded, atm.

Comments

  • If it's a challenge where you can't have anyone else doing the gens... then how would they expect anyone to get it done outside of SWF?

  • Yeah, it's absurd. What amazes me is that someone created that challenge and then someone approved it. They're either delusional or they do not want 99.99% of players to complete it.

  • @coppersly said:

    If it's a challenge where you can't have anyone else doing the gens... then how would they expect anyone to get it done outside of SWF?

    They don't. They pull you in with easy challenges that make decent Rift progression, and then they throw these impossible challenges at you.

    The point is that you feel invested enough in the Rift and frustrated enough with the BS Challenges and the 1 Rift Shard every 800 XP to buy Rift skips.


    It's all made to manipulate you into spending more. πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802365#Comment_802365

    They don't. They pull you in with easy challenges that make decent Rift progression, and then they throw these impossible challenges at you.

    The point is that you feel invested enough in the Rift and frustrated enough with the BS Challenges and the 1 Rift Shard every 800 XP to buy Rift skips.

    It's all made to manipulate you into spending more. πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

    "Impossible"

    Anyway when they release the next part of challenges you are going to get more rift shards, the co system is just for filler.

  • As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

  • I can see a feasible way of doing every other challenge, but this one is beyond ridiculous.

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    *puts down pitchfork*

    Aight, we cool.

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.


    *reads placeholders*


    What about any of these poor SOBs that manage to complete them? What’s their compensation, if these challenges are made me proof? Xx

  • @TheALIEN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802382#Comment_802382

    *reads placeholders*

    What about any of these poor SOBs that manage to complete them? What’s their compensation, if these challenges are made me proof? Xx

    You can't complete them. They're locked until that level of the tome is available.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802393#Comment_802393

    You can't complete them. They're locked until that level of the tome is available.

    *slowly creeps back into the fog*

  • We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    After listening to your feedback we decided to increase the required generators to 5.

    😘

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    Puts Freddy's gloves away

    I hope you listen to our feedback and take into great consideration regarding it.

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    REALLY hope the Devs take a good look at the EGC for Survivors...getting 3 safe unhooks during the Endgame Collapse is ridiculously RNG based...Playing as Killer and VS Killers most Survivors will NOT open the Gates if someone is being chased or downed...some will open it but usually run out asap.

    To somehow get not 1...not 2...but 3 Safe Unhooks in a single match is imo, absurd. Killers will absolutely camp/patrol those hooked and will pretty much go after you...denying any chance of a 2nd...let alone a 3rd Unhook, if the Killer somehow even gets anyone else hooked. At best this should be a cumulative Challenge...up the number of Safe Unhooks during EGC and take off the restriction of it being done in a single match. I doubt Survivors would be upset at that

  • Ugh, these challenges are so incredi-

    image.png

    -bly simple and brilliant! Well done!

  • @Mr_K said:

    We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    After listening to your feedback we decided to increase the required generators to 5.

    😘

    You know what's depressing? I can definitely see that being what they actually do in regards to the challenges.

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    Here's hoping this is true for almost all of Tome 4's challenges. Some of these are so ridiculous it isn't even funny.

  • @Peanits said:

    As I understand it, you just need to be on the generator is completed, not for the entire repair. Some of these challenges are also placeholders for the time being and can be changed in a hotfix/through the backend before that level unlocks. We're keeping an eye on the feedback so far.

    Speaking of feedback Last Minute Hero appears to be too difficult at first glance. I can't remember the last time I saw one survivor unhooked 3 others during endgame.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802382#Comment_802382

    Speaking of feedback Last Minute Hero appears to be too difficult at first glance. I can't remember the last time I saw one survivor unhooked 3 others during endgame.

    Not to mention it has to be safe, and I'm not blaming killers but during end game you usually don't go for the unhooker, you go for the unhooked because they're injured, the doors are open, you have to put pressure on something.

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802365#Comment_802365

    They don't. They pull you in with easy challenges that make decent Rift progression, and then they throw these impossible challenges at you.

    The point is that you feel invested enough in the Rift and frustrated enough with the BS Challenges and the 1 Rift Shard every 800 XP to buy Rift skips.

    It's all made to manipulate you into spending more. πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

    EXACTLY!

    Don't hate the player (BHVR) hate the game (capitalism).

  • "Hey pay us money, but don't worry, the thing you're buying isn't done yet, maybe we'll change it"

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802959#Comment_802959

    Not to mention it has to be safe, and I'm not blaming killers but during end game you usually don't go for the unhooker, you go for the unhooked because they're injured, the doors are open, you have to put pressure on something.

    I'm just gonna farm it.

  • The 4 Gens and the the 3 unhooks in endgame are atrocious for sure. Pretty sure there were a couple more that made me give up hope on Tier 4. Oh 3 NOED kills in endgame as well... eww.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802373#Comment_802373

    EXACTLY!

    Don't hate the player (BHVR) hate the game (capitalism).

    ... dude what? Its for sure bhvrs fault lol nobody is making them fund deathgarden with dbd money. You have a very warped understanding of capitalism.


    Blame the morons who support this battlepass, not capitalism.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    The 4 Gens and the the 3 unhooks in endgame are atrocious for sure. Pretty sure there were a couple more that made me give up hope on Tier 4. Oh 3 NOED kills in endgame as well... eww.

    I mean, thats the only way some Killers get Kills, even before the Archives... So is it really a challenge to use NOED?


    @Gen Challenge:

    If it is working on 4 Gens which are completed, this is actually not that bad. Nothing done in first try, but also not impossible.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802978#Comment_802978

    ... dude what? Its for sure bhvrs fault lol nobody is making them fund deathgarden with dbd money. You have a very warped understanding of capitalism.

    Blame the morons who support this battlepass, not capitalism.

    I'm pretty sure I understand capitalism. Us "morons" who bought the battle pass generate capital for BHVR. If it generates enough revenue they will continue to offer a premium option. If people don't support it and revenue is not generated they prob won't offer them. Capitalism! ;)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803000#Comment_803000

    I mean, thats the only way some Killers get Kills, even before the Archives... So is it really a challenge to use NOED?

    @Gen Challenge:

    If it is working on 4 Gens which are completed, this is actually not that bad. Nothing done in first try, but also not impossible.

    Well, I don't know if people who play THAT bad as Killer will even make it that far. Can only get kills with NOED? Like really?!? Maybe if you play no trap Hag.


    Not only do I typically avoid crutching on NOED, I really don't want to make sure I get 3 kills after a gate is opened while also having to worry someone will just leave the others or D/C.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803015#Comment_803015

    I'm pretty sure I understand capitalism. Us "morons" who bought the battle pass generate capital for BHVR. If it generates enough revenue they will continue to offer a premium option. If people don't support it and revenue is not generated they prob won't offer them. Capitalism! ;)

    /facepalm ok buddy lol

  • The topic we need, but not the one we deserve.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Raccoon said:

    If it's actually completing a FULL 4 generators in one match using Dark Sense it's a very scummy challenge.

    I'm hoping it's just poorly worded, atm.

    Aren't they just placeholders?

  • There is an easier version in Tome 2 - That's why people are a buzzin'

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833094#Comment_833094

    There is an easier version in Tome 2 - That's why people are a buzzin'

    They probably hadn't fully completed them so they probably tossed what seemed hardest into the tome 4 honestly

  • @MathiaStef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833098#Comment_833098

    They probably hadn't fully completed them so they probably tossed what seemed hardest into the tome 4 honestly

    I mean that people are wondering if it is actually two FULL generators or not.