Remove the 8k bp cap but keep the 32k bp cap

I’ve seen this idea being posted by @NoShinyPony so I decided to suggest it, it sucks to be cleansing bones or saving people only to see that category is maxed, this change would also benefit killers who struggle/overachieve in deviousness so it’d help even the bp cap on both sides.

Thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think it's a great idea! 😁

  • I agree but I believe they should raise the BP cap to a more satisfying 40 or 50k. The grind is already harsh enough. What's an extra 8-18k points?

  • Honestly I agree it would give more advantages to having a specific role on a team.

    Gen jockeys aren't forced to get chase to get decent points

    Chasers aren't screwed over if they don't manage to do some generators

    Hell you could even go for a full altruism build healing and saving people and not be punished because you didn't get chased or do gens

  • I suggested this a few months ago in someone's thread. I think for survivor it rewards a player who distracts the killer the whole game or just does the gens.

    I'm not sure how well it would work for killer but i think it at least should be tested

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I suggested this a few months ago in someone's thread. I think for survivor it rewards a player who distracts the killer the whole game or just does the gens.

    I'm not sure how well it would work for killer but i think it at least should be tested

    I suggested this already in December 2018 when I was super new to the forum. Ah, the memories.

    If anybody is interested, that was the old thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/37155/raising-removing-the-8k-bloodpoint-limit-per-category/p1

  • Seems like a great idea to me. It would really help with Killers that struggle to farm bloodpoints in certain categories. Pig comes to mind.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795521#Comment_795521

    I suggested this already in December 2018 when I was super new to the forum. Ah, the memories.

    If anybody is interested, that was the old thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/37155/raising-removing-the-8k-bloodpoint-limit-per-category/p1

    Great minds think a like lol I started around that time as well.

    Just so you know I wasn't trying to suggest I came up with it first, but just trying to say that I have wanted this for a while now. It would work really well with survivor however I don't think it would work with killer.

  • Agree on both sides you can have problems in certain categories due to how the match goes

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795604#Comment_795604

    Great minds think a like lol I started around that time as well.

    Just so you know I wasn't trying to suggest I came up with it first, but just trying to say that I have wanted this for a while now. It would work really well with survivor however I don't think it would work with killer.

    Oh no, don't get me wrong, that wasn't about "who came up with it first" at all. It's such a simple suggestion that I'm sure the two of us aren't the only ones who mentioned it.

    It was more like "oh, it's been almost a year, look how time flies".

  • Just remove the cap, its not super common to hit it anyway and the only justification I can think of is to slow the grind, which no one wants.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Just remove the cap, its not super common to hit it anyway and the only justification I can think of is to slow the grind, which no one wants.

    Uncapped is not really an option. There is no need to have farming Matches during Double BP Events which reward 1 Million BP afterwards.

    Category Cap removed - so much yes! Really tired of doing Stuff when I already maxed out BP. I mean, should I not do any Gens when my Objective is maxed?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795962#Comment_795962

    Oh no, don't get me wrong, that wasn't about "who came up with it first" at all. It's such a simple suggestion that I'm sure the two of us aren't the only ones who mentioned it.

    It was more like "oh, it's been almost a year, look how time flies".

    It's ok I know what you mean. It is weird to think that around this time we were waiting for the next chapter. Only to get legion.. lol

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/796131#Comment_796131

    Uncapped is not really an option. There is no need to have farming Matches during Double BP Events which reward 1 Million BP afterwards.

    Category Cap removed - so much yes! Really tired of doing Stuff when I already maxed out BP. I mean, should I not do any Gens when my Objective is maxed?

    I can see where you're coming from but, farming matches require both parties to agree to it as any one side can dip whenever they want by playing normally. If that's how people want to spend their time I don't see why they shouldn't be able to. All you're doing is cutting out the waiting time in lobbies for multiple farming matches instead. There's already a hard cap of 1 mil BP iirc, so its not like it'll last forever either.

    I play normally during double BP, other people want to farm, doesn't stop me from playing normally. I don't believe it'll be a massive movement, as even now people don't stick around just to max BP gain except in rare cases. But that's my experience.

  • I also want something similar. I don't think they should remove it for all categories but specificaly for chase points. It is one of the most common things you run the killer for the entire game and at the end you get 8k points while every else get to leave alive get 15k+ and all because YOU ran the killer for them it it just unfair in every aspect... Chasing should the most rewarding thing for survivors if they manage to do it for long cause it is really hard but also very important