What happens when someone is reported
I'm pretty new to dead by daylight; just started playing about a month ago. I'm really bad as both a killer and a survivor, but I just have fun playing at rank 20. I recently had a match though where someone told me they "reported me". I didn't actually know this was a feature and was wondering if that is actually something they can do, and whether it has any consequences? I tried asking why they reported me, but I got no reply.
I had been playing as the killer (a level 9 doctor with 2 bad perks) and as soon as I found and hooked the first survivor, he gave up and purposely bled himself out. Then I found a second survivor pretty quickly that didn't run after I hit him the first time, so I just smacked him again, picked him up, and he promptly dc'd. The remaining 2 survivors just stayed in the same area within my treatment aura and kept unhooking each other right in front of me and I just kept killing them both...
So that match was very boring and disappointing, and I said as much when I got out, something to the effect of, "sorry for the quitters." And then they told me I was reported....so I just wanted to make sure nothing in what I did was actually a reportable offense and that I won't get banned or anything, since I just bought the game (and several characters) recently.
Comments
Survivors will often report you for anything they can think of, but only a handful of things are actually against the rules:
You cannot be reported for camping, "tunneling", slugging (letting Survivors bleed out), or any other strategy.
My best advice, if you're going to play Killer, is to ignore anything Survivors say, make your profile comments only open to friends, and play however you want.
Nothing. The in-game report system does nothing at all. Survivors like to think it does but it doesn't. I get so many people that say they've reported me like 11 year olds in a Call of Duty game.
You're fine, you did nothing exploitable to be worthy of a ban.
Thanks, this makes me feel better. I have never done any of the things on that list. I was just so confused as to what could be reportable; it was very obvious that the only reason I was winning so easily was because 2 of 4 people quit right in the beginning. The only thing I could think of was maybe they didn't know that getting hit with shock therapy makes you unable to vault windows or pallets, because both of the 2 remaining tried at some point to vault after getting shocked and couldn't. So I didn't want there to be any kind of record on my account just because people didn't understand mechanics (if that was why they reported me).
Before I started playing, I watched a bunch of guides so I know that camping is generally frowned upon, and that's fine with me because I'm pretty ADHD so after about 3 seconds of standing there, I get bored and try to find more people, but sometimes it's my only option. Like when I haven't gotten a kill all match, the exit gates go up and I have someone hooked so far away from them that there's no way I would reach either exit gate before they opened them and then stood in the entry way taunting me and healing each other while someone else ran behind me to go get the survivor on a hook. So I stand there and guard the one and let the other 3 leave so I at least get some points to level up lol :P.
But yeah, good to know camping is not against the rules (not that I really want to do that while generators are still up since it's not fun that way), since I've been accused of that at times. Each time though, I wasn't really camping that person -- they were just always there and in front of me and not really stealthy so I hit the easiest target.
Edit: I'm starting to think I should just leave immediately after a match is done, too. People have mostly been pretty mean. If I didn't get any kills, they tell me how bad I am and if I did really well, they say I was a camper or a tunneler.
Yeah just punch the leave button asap, it'll save you stress.
NOTHING IS DONE
would have covered it
Only because you didn't read anything beyond the title, or you'd see that more clarification is required.
It sufficiently covers both asked questions
You have absolutely NOTHING to feel bad about it. You’re not responsible for how they play the game.
From what that I’m reading, they did EVERYTHING wrong in this match and is simply blaming you because they’re brain dead idiots that don’t know how to play properly. You must have went up against a SWF group if they all messaged you together. 50% of the time, they will get mad and message you hate because of their loss. By the way, The reporting system on DBD does not work so you can’t get banned even if you had of actually did something wrong.
Taking a survivor off the hook when the killer is standing right there is a big NO-NO. It’s basically common sense.
If you play on console and they decide to be really mean to you like teabag you or purposefully fast vault to get your attention after the exits are powered, close your app instead of pressing options and the leave button, they will lose their points and items so basically all those BP they earned in the game is for nothing.
Yes, no one likes campers but its okay to camp end game to secure a kill. So far, you’re doing everything right.
Just keep playing this game and I promise you, you will get better at Killer and Survivor. I wish you luck
@Orion thank you for understanding, by the way. I feel like every new person should have a break down of what type of BS is to come in this game/community...
Nothing happens.
They actually need to start dealing with all the players that quit the game just because they don't want to lose, die or get hooked.. Their is an unsportsmanlike catagory for this. You know what happens when reporting those players?
Absolutely nothing. They should deal with it and players should first get warned, then get deranked, and then go bye bye.
Survs will, wrongly, report you for anything in the list below.
Do not play by the survs' rules which are:
to run and face the wall on the other side of the map as soon as you hook somebody.
Never tunnel.
Never camp.
Chase the unhooker and not the guy who got unhooked
Run NOED, RUIN
Play one shot killers such as Billy, Myers or Leatherface
dotn body block the basement stairs if you are trying to run the time out on borrowed time
dotn block the basement stairs
Do all of the above at your will or dont do them and deal with surv bull
That's why people like them needs to get banned, you don't get punished for reporting people
I'd say all of us should report everyone post games, until the devs sees this as an issue and would bring it up later
Deranking them would just cause more issues, would cause more of the toxicity we already see with people exploiting the deranking system.
Another user that belongs to F-Tier.
July 2018
All the reports get filed into a special bin for processing later in the week by a special crew of people that come by in big trucks.
When you finish clicking send report here is where it goes...