Hello Dead By Daylight Forums!

Hey DBD forums! PS4 loser here looking for just a general introduction to the site.

I am a fairly newer player (around the rank 12 area for killers/survivors, about 60 hrs.) and am just looking for a general guide to the site.

Are newer player's opinions valued as much as older players?

What's the forum etiquette?

What should I definitely be aware of in advance when it comes to making suggestions and whatnot?

Why am I so addicted to forums-- (oh wait, thanks warframe forums)

:)

Comments

  • Welcome to the Salt Mines Fam :)

    I am also on PS4

  • Welcome to the cult for- I mean welcome to the Dead By Daylight forums

    If you want a guide check out the Guides section

  • Welcome aboard.

    All opinions are welcome here. Nobody has more right to voice an opinion regardless of how long they have been playing the game. The main forum etiquette is be respectful to other posters. You can make all the suggestions you like regarding the game. People may not agree with them but you have every right to make them.

    Enjoy your time here 😊

  • Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forum, @thefallenloser!

    I think you can find the answer to some of your questions in this thread:

    @Peanits said:

    A lot of new faces have joined us over the past few days, so we'd like to take a moment to fill you in on everything you need to know.

    Getting Started

    Game Guides

    You can find a bunch of game guides created by the community here. We've pinned some of our favourites.

    Ask a Question

    If there's anything you'd like to know, there are a bunch of helpful people who will be able to answer your question here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/ask-a-question

    Game Rules

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    Finding a Group

    Check out the Looking for Group (LFG) channels in the official Dead by Daylight Discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/deadbydaylight

    Reporting a Bug

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bug-reports

    Important Links

    Official Communities

    Website: https://deadbydaylight.com/en

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deadbydaylight/

    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaSgsFdGbwjfdawl3rOXiwQ

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/deadbydaylight

    Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/deadbydaylight

    Community Resources

    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/

    Dead by Daylight Wiki: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

    Support

    Support site: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    Technical issues subforum: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

    Welcome aboard once again, enjoy the forum and have fun!

  • Hello there! Welcome to the family. *Godfather theme*

  • image.png

    I as well on the PS4

    And welcome to the

    image.png

    πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

  • Nahhh more like "it's nerf or nothing"

  • I am taking that nerf wars and making a post

  • If you don't have 10k hours on DBD then you shouldn't be able to post on the forums /s. But yea welcome to this hell. Hope you enjoy it here!

  • πŸ€”But it's still a nerf war

    Help yourself πŸ‘οΈ

  • Run while you still can mate. Log off and never join back before it’s too late!

  • Welcome to the forums! :D

    I'm also a Ps4 pleb who plays Warframe although I haven't touched it in a bit because I'm chained to this game :P

    All opinions count and if you ever need help feel free to post a discussion, poll, or question.

    Beware of the sodium though. We have a lot of.... passionate players here πŸ˜…

  • Forum etiquette: Most of what is and isn't acceptable is outlined in the official rules. I suppose the only piece of etiquette I can really think if is that if you're replying to someone's comment, you should always quote or at least tag them so that they get a notification that you've replied to them.

    Now I'm going to be straight with you and answer your other questions with brutal honesty. The truth is, no, new players' or low ranked players' opinions are sadly not valued very highly by most people here. If you post an unpopular opinion or vent about something you came across in a game and let slip that you're new or low ranked, you should be prepared for a slew of "Git gud"s and "Play at red ranks and then we'll talk" or "You need to play the game more and then you'll understand". What you should be aware of when making suggestions is that people who don't agree with you may be quite dismissive or downright insulting, particularly if they suspect you of "maining" one role or the other and therefore being biased in that direction.

    But the other thing you should be aware of is that in spite of the above, there are people on here who like to be supportive of one another and engage in reasonable, adult discussions. Having a keyboard and an internet connection seems to bring out the worst in some, but there are a lot of kind, decent people on these forums if you can find them. Welcome, and good luck. We're glad to have you.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Forum etiquette: Most of what is and isn't acceptable is outlined in the official rules. I suppose the only piece of etiquette I can really think if is that if you're replying to someone's comment, you should always quote or at least tag them so that they get a notification that you've replied to them.

    Now I'm going to be straight with you and answer your other questions with brutal honesty. The truth is, no, new players' or low ranked players' opinions are sadly not valued very highly by most people here. If you post an unpopular opinion or vent about something you came across in a game and let slip that you're new or low ranked, you should be prepared for a slew of "Git gud"s and "Play at red ranks and then we'll talk" or "You need to play the game more and then you'll understand". What you should be aware of when making suggestions is that people who don't agree with you may be quite dismissive or downright insulting, particularly if they suspect you of "maining" one role or the other and therefore being biased in that direction.

    But the other thing you should be aware of is that in spite of the above, there are people on here who like to be supportive of one another and engage in reasonable, adult discussions. Having a keyboard and an internet connection seems to bring out the worst in some, but there are a lot of kind, decent people on these forums if you can find them. Welcome, and good luck. We're glad to have you.

    I hate to admit it but you are very correct about this... This place still is pretty good when the community actually discusses but there are alot of times as you explained it's not so nice.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Forum etiquette: Most of what is and isn't acceptable is outlined in the official rules. I suppose the only piece of etiquette I can really think if is that if you're replying to someone's comment, you should always quote or at least tag them so that they get a notification that you've replied to them.

    Now I'm going to be straight with you and answer your other questions with brutal honesty. The truth is, no, new players' or low ranked players' opinions are sadly not valued very highly by most people here. If you post an unpopular opinion or vent about something you came across in a game and let slip that you're new or low ranked, you should be prepared for a slew of "Git gud"s and "Play at red ranks and then we'll talk" or "You need to play the game more and then you'll understand". What you should be aware of when making suggestions is that people who don't agree with you may be quite dismissive or downright insulting, particularly if they suspect you of "maining" one role or the other and therefore being biased in that direction.

    But the other thing you should be aware of is that in spite of the above, there are people on here who like to be supportive of one another and engage in reasonable, adult discussions. Having a keyboard and an internet connection seems to bring out the worst in some, but there are a lot of kind, decent people on these forums if you can find them. Welcome, and good luck. We're glad to have you.

    This hurts to read because it's true :(

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Welcome to the forums! :D

    I'm also a Ps4 pleb who plays Warframe although I haven't touched it in a bit because I'm chained to this game :P

    All opinions count and if you ever need help feel free to post a discussion, poll, or question.

    Beware of the sodium though. We have a lot of.... passionate players here πŸ˜…

    Oh boy, I even got a bOoStEd Dwight to say hi! :)))

  • @Fibijean said:

    Forum etiquette: Most of what is and isn't acceptable is outlined in the official rules. I suppose the only piece of etiquette I can really think if is that if you're replying to someone's comment, you should always quote or at least tag them so that they get a notification that you've replied to them.

    Now I'm going to be straight with you and answer your other questions with brutal honesty. The truth is, no, new players' or low ranked players' opinions are sadly not valued very highly by most people here. If you post an unpopular opinion or vent about something you came across in a game and let slip that you're new or low ranked, you should be prepared for a slew of "Git gud"s and "Play at red ranks and then we'll talk" or "You need to play the game more and then you'll understand". What you should be aware of when making suggestions is that people who don't agree with you may be quite dismissive or downright insulting, particularly if they suspect you of "maining" one role or the other and therefore being biased in that direction.

    But the other thing you should be aware of is that in spite of the above, there are people on here who like to be supportive of one another and engage in reasonable, adult discussions. Having a keyboard and an internet connection seems to bring out the worst in some, but there are a lot of kind, decent people on these forums if you can find them. Welcome, and good luck. We're glad to have you.

    Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually not used to being new in a community and posting a bunch on the forums, so I'm definitely looking to get my hours and skill up. In the meantime, whatever feedback I give will be heavily researched so I don't look like a complete doof. ;)

  • Welcome. Some other faces you'll need to know:

    @NMCKE

    @GrootDude

    @FireHazard

    @MandyTalk

    @Gay Myers (Luzi)

  • @Awakey said:

    Welcome. Some other faces you'll need to know:

    @NMCKE

    @GrootDude

    @FireHazard

    @MandyTalk

    @Gay Myers (Luzi)

    You forgot @Boss

    It's ok Boss.... its ok...

  • @thefallenloser

    But welcome, this is the forums where people come to discuss various topics and issues within the DBD community.

    You're allowed to talk about anything you'd like (Within the forum rules of course) and you can discuss and disagree or agree with others in a constructive and pleasant manner.

    Here's the link to the forum rules: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/forum-rules#latest

    I do hope you have a wonderful time here and come to meet a lot of people you can enjoy and have amazing conversations with! If you have any issues with a question that the community may be able to answer, you can ask on the "Ask the Community" sub-forum as well!

  • Nobody remembers him anymore :(

    But it's ok, we still do.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Forum etiquette: Most of what is and isn't acceptable is outlined in the official rules. I suppose the only piece of etiquette I can really think if is that if you're replying to someone's comment, you should always quote or at least tag them so that they get a notification that you've replied to them.

    Now I'm going to be straight with you and answer your other questions with brutal honesty. The truth is, no, new players' or low ranked players' opinions are sadly not valued very highly by most people here. If you post an unpopular opinion or vent about something you came across in a game and let slip that you're new or low ranked, you should be prepared for a slew of "Git gud"s and "Play at red ranks and then we'll talk" or "You need to play the game more and then you'll understand". What you should be aware of when making suggestions is that people who don't agree with you may be quite dismissive or downright insulting, particularly if they suspect you of "maining" one role or the other and therefore being biased in that direction.

    But the other thing you should be aware of is that in spite of the above, there are people on here who like to be supportive of one another and engage in reasonable, adult discussions. Having a keyboard and an internet connection seems to bring out the worst in some, but there are a lot of kind, decent people on these forums if you can find them. Welcome, and good luck. We're glad to have you.

    To be fair, you usually can tell by the post itself whether the player is a veteran or new to the game.

    And if a new player is asking for unreasonable nerfs/buffs, it's totally fine to tell them so. The important thing is that nobody starts insulting anyone.

  • Hello my child, and welcome to the Deebeedee forums, we hope you enjoy your stay :)

    Here, have some pie for your troubles :)

    c8383be3512efac24d181a211cc05d4d.png


  • @NMCKE @FireHazard It's okay, i'm pretty forgetable.

  • @Boss said:

    @NMCKE @FireHazard It's okay, i'm pretty forgetable.

    :(

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Hey DBD forums! PS4 loser here looking for just a general introduction to the site.

    I am a fairly newer player (around the rank 12 area for killers/survivors, about 60 hrs.) and am just looking for a general guide to the site.

    Are newer player's opinions valued as much as older players?

    What's the forum etiquette?

    What should I definitely be aware of in advance when it comes to making suggestions and whatnot?

    Why am I so addicted to forums-- (oh wait, thanks warframe forums)

    :)

    Hello and Welcome!

    Are newer player's opinions valued as much as older players? Hard to tell if you are a new player or not just because you are new to the forum. So no, there is no difference.

    What's the forum etiquette? Be nice

    What should I definitely be aware of in advance when it comes to making suggestions and whatnot? Dont open a thread when there are already multible active threads about the same topic.

    Why am I so addicted to forums-- (oh wait, thanks warframe forums)? You tell

    Kind regards

  • @Boss said:

    @NMCKE @FireHazard It's okay, i'm pretty forgetable.

    OMG IM SO SORRY!

  • You guys are making me so proud! 😊 I think everyone covered anything I would have said already.

    Welcome to our forums @thefallenloser ! Enjoy your time here.

  • Welcome to the forums:)

  • Welcome, best tip I can give is to remember that this is a game. You play to have fun, remember that.

    Also, people who seem angry or crazy here are just passionate. They love the game.

    That being said, welcome :)

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770547#Comment_770547

    To be fair, you usually can tell by the post itself whether the player is a veteran or new to the game.

    And if a new player is asking for unreasonable nerfs/buffs, it's totally fine to tell them so. The important thing is that nobody starts insulting anyone.

    Of course it is. Did I say it wasn't okay for people to point out mistakes? It's just that, realistically, politely pointing out that someone has made a mistake is not what a lot of the people on these forums tend to go for in that situation.

    @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770547#Comment_770547

    Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually not used to being new in a community and posting a bunch on the forums, so I'm definitely looking to get my hours and skill up. In the meantime, whatever feedback I give will be heavily researched so I don't look like a complete doof. ;)

    That's a rare and wonderful attitude to have, and I commend you for it. We're lucky to have you here :)

  • Welcome! Have fun in the Fog!

  • Hello there! Nice to meet you, and enjoy the nice people 😁

  • helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • Welcome Welcome!

  • I recommend Pig.

    That is all.

    :)

  • @Almo said:

    I recommend Pig.

    That is all.

    :)

    rage quit.gif

    actual footage of me playing as the pig