How do YOU play killer on red ranks?
First of all I don't see myself as a good killer. I invested 900 hours in the game. About half the time I played killer. I would say I do understand the basic mechanics and know the most stuff a killer should know. Like:
- When you should give up a chase
- When you should slug
- How to play the loops correctly (more or less) - sometimes I mindgame myself lol
The following things are important to me personally when I play killer:
- I don't tunnel survivors
- I don't camp survivors
And probably here is the point. I refuse to tunnel/camp ppl and that is not the smartest thing to do against good survivors I guess. And if I say good survivors I don't mean sweaty swfs. I mean half decent survivors who can hold M1 on gens and have basic knowledge about looping.
Do I really have to change my playstyle? Do I need to proxy camp and tunnel ppl in certain situations? Or do I just need to "git gud"? It is really sad that you sometimes need to play Spirit/Nurse to get chill games. As survivor (that is my opinion at least) you can just chill and enjoy the game.
I would like to know how you guys play on red ranks. What strategy do you use? How do you handle the gen rush?
Comments
You CAN use other Killers to have chill games, but, normally you need very good add-ons.
The easiest thing to do is to get rid of one Survivor as fast as possible, in my opinion. It isn't fun for them, but everyone else gets a chill game.
That depends on which killer you are playing and which kind of team you are facing.
See it like this: You don't have to force a campying or tunneling playstyle, but when it turns out to be the right tactical choice in a specific situation, you can go for it.
This is a PvP game and it is totally fine to go for your opponent's weak spot.
If you don't want to tunnel, you can also bring moris "just in case".
My strategy depends on the survivors I face
watch tru3talent videos and focus on his plays u will start to learn when to slug when to camp and when to tunnel.I had 0 idea how to play this game when I started idk how I found tru3 but literally after 100 hours into the game and analyzing tru3s gameplay I was rank 1 killer
I don't know to be honest because I only just got to rank 4 like a week before rank reset and I was getting my ass handed to me
Red rank killer is all about efficiency. One bad mistake can literally change the outcome of a match, because deadb by daylight is a heavily snowballed game. Thus the only way to really do well at red ranks is to play perfectly. It's a war of attrition, make less mistakes than they do and you'll win. And yes, sometimes not camping or not tunneling is a mistake. Use it tactically and tactfully.
I've never gotten to red ranks. Rank 6 was the highest, before a stream of dcing against my Plague ended that. Then rank reset followed.
Winning in red ranks is all about efficiency. Sometimes it's better to wait to swing until they get to a pallet so you get the pallet and the down. Knowing what chases to take and how long to take them is a big thing. You lose games at the Grim Pantry window and Ironworks window. Do you take the time to hook someone for the first time with 2 gens left or slug them and find someone on death hook? That's another tiny optimization you can make. Many survivors will have the maps memorized. Know which pallets are 100% safe when played correctly and which ones aren't. I'd say don't hard camp hooks, but also don't be afraid to return to them to force second state or death if survivors wait too long to save.
I generally slug a freshly unhooked survivor and chase the unhooker whenever possible. Alot of your gameplay is going to drastically change based off the killer you pick. Your low TR as Myers isnt worth a thing if the survivors see you coming a mile away for example, so try to approach a gen while keeping something like a tree or a rock between you and a possible survivor, instead of walking out in the open.
Easy 4k: Avoid the looper and find an easy prey, go away and return to "accidentally tunnel" that survivor till the game is now a 3v1, now stop tunneling, there you go
I usually don't play killer at red ranks anymore. The queue time is just too long at yellow ranks. So I can't even get up there anymore.