I don't plan on leveling up spirit or nurse, so it's been helpful getting their perks. Oh, and before I picked up freddy last sale, I already had 2 of his 3 perks, so if I do level him it'd just be to actually play him. I also grabbed all three perks for feng through the shrine (but it robbed me of 2k shards and didn't give me lithe back in July =S). I've bought maybe 15-20 perks through it, it was a big help early and even now
My option isn't there but; I don't really use the Shrine since I have most of the perks and it offers a perk I both don't have and want about... well, the problem is it never does.
I've purchased a single perk this entire year [Head-on]. That means I've used the Shrine once this entire year.
The only other thing it's good for is to get quick BP during the PTB. Shrine needs a major overhaul.
I try to use the shrine to grab perks I like for killer so i don't have to grab ones I don't like. I made the mistake of leveling survivors one at a time and grabbing all perks for each character. Now whenever I level up a new survivor, the random perk selection is a real craps shoot. With killers I'm much more strategic with how I level up and unlock teachables.
I use my Iri shards for new (non-licensed) content. Sure, it takes 9k shards, but it saves money in the end. I've bought Clown and Spirit and have enough for the next Killer/Survivor when they come out.
I use my Iri shards for new (non-licensed) content. Sure, it takes 9k shards, but it saves money in the end. I've bought Clown and Spirit and have enough for the next Killer/Survivor when they come out.
I do this often (got Spirit and Plague from it) but certain killers I know that I wont ever play and get their perks like BBQ, Franklin's, Discordance and others.
I remember when they only cost about 200 for perks, but harder to get. By the time I got enough, they introduced a faster way of getting iridescent shards and increased the cost of everything.
I used to, back before the player level overhaul when shrine perks were a fair bit cheaper time-wise, and before you could use shards to buy characters. Now, I would rather spend 9k shards on a DLC character than on a few new perks. At least until I have everyone unlocked.
I use it to get perks from characters with one or two good perks like Adam and Kate, because I don't want to purchase a DLC just for the perks. And Iri Shards are easy to collect.
I do this often (got Spirit and Plague from it) but certain killers I know that I wont ever play and get their perks like BBQ, Franklin's, Discordance and others.
Sadly, BBQ has only shown up 1-3 times in the shrine ever. They should honestly fix that lol.
I use the shards to unlock survivor perks I don't have. It's silly to level up more than 1 survivor for any reason other than unlocking perks. So perks I didn't care about I just check the shrine for each week.
It's half and half for me. If there's a perk on a killer that I don't feel like leveling up... then maybe. But not so much anymore... since the New Legion skins came out, I'm saving for them. And for Joey's cosmetics since I don't have all of his either.
I like to use the shrine for the bp. I save up my shards until the new dlc is out. And then I will buy the complete shrine two times (it usually resets the evening the dlc came out) to overcome the 1 million bloodpoints cap for the new killer. (So I can spent my saved 1 million, + 600k from shrine one, + 600k from shrine 2.)
@Devs Can you please take care that there is always one expensive perk on the shrine (for 250k bp) the day a dlc comes out and the day after? =)
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The ratio at which you get BP from SoS is terrible, i'd rather use them on cosmetics so it's less ACs that i'd spent.
I just get the DLCs when i want Perks, since it'll provide different ways to play as well.
I don't plan on leveling up spirit or nurse, so it's been helpful getting their perks. Oh, and before I picked up freddy last sale, I already had 2 of his 3 perks, so if I do level him it'd just be to actually play him. I also grabbed all three perks for feng through the shrine (but it robbed me of 2k shards and didn't give me lithe back in July =S). I've bought maybe 15-20 perks through it, it was a big help early and even now
I do this when I have a outfit I like. On the other hand I have all the outfits I like. Maybe I should save at least 21k tho for purple cosmetics.
It's missing an option: No, because I purchase all the DLC and level up all the characters, unlocking teachables that way.
Personal preference.
I just level every character.
I did use the shrine for perks but I have them all now so I'm saving shards for cosmetics.
My option isn't there but; I don't really use the Shrine since I have most of the perks and it offers a perk I both don't have and want about... well, the problem is it never does.
I've purchased a single perk this entire year [Head-on]. That means I've used the Shrine once this entire year.
The only other thing it's good for is to get quick BP during the PTB. Shrine needs a major overhaul.
No I have all the DLC and keep them for cosmetics.
The bloodpoints you get are not worth it as I can earn the same is a few matches.
I try to use the shrine to grab perks I like for killer so i don't have to grab ones I don't like. I made the mistake of leveling survivors one at a time and grabbing all perks for each character. Now whenever I level up a new survivor, the random perk selection is a real craps shoot. With killers I'm much more strategic with how I level up and unlock teachables.
I use it to get perks but also for BP depending on the perks available.
I can usually use it every 3-4 days I'd say.
Yes i do. Since i already have all the perks, i use it for bloodpoints.
I use it to get perks for characters I won't ever play. I don't have enough free time to level up every single Survivor
I use it for BP, though its a total ripoff.
Only 150K BP (in other words, about 4-6 matches worth of BP) for about 40-50 matches worth of Iri Shards.
They -really- need to make it give more BP.
I use my Iri shards for new (non-licensed) content. Sure, it takes 9k shards, but it saves money in the end. I've bought Clown and Spirit and have enough for the next Killer/Survivor when they come out.
I do this often (got Spirit and Plague from it) but certain killers I know that I wont ever play and get their perks like BBQ, Franklin's, Discordance and others.
I remember when they only cost about 200 for perks, but harder to get. By the time I got enough, they introduced a faster way of getting iridescent shards and increased the cost of everything.
Its usually better to get perks from a killer you either never play as, or as a killer you hate playing.
It saves time and your bp.
I have all perks already.
So it's only use for me are bp but I use it very rarely. Costs too much shards
I used to, back before the player level overhaul when shrine perks were a fair bit cheaper time-wise, and before you could use shards to buy characters. Now, I would rather spend 9k shards on a DLC character than on a few new perks. At least until I have everyone unlocked.
I use it to get perks from characters with one or two good perks like Adam and Kate, because I don't want to purchase a DLC just for the perks. And Iri Shards are easy to collect.
The Shrine still exists?
It's in the shop menu. c:
Duh, im just makimg fun of this answer.
I wasn't sure. xD
Sadly, BBQ has only shown up 1-3 times in the shrine ever. They should honestly fix that lol.
DS also appears very few times, some perks just are rare and having like 100+ perks on each doesn't help.
I love seeing everyone going crazy over the perks each week, too bad I allready got every teachable :(
Both to get perks and bps. Farming shards for skins its too grindy but i get enough to spend them freely
I REQUIRE SUSTINANCE
I usually spend the shards if it's the last teachable a character has, so I only have to level them up to 35.
I use the shards to unlock survivor perks I don't have. It's silly to level up more than 1 survivor for any reason other than unlocking perks. So perks I didn't care about I just check the shrine for each week.
Always. Or at least, as soon as i see a good perk. This week's shrine has BBQ and Haunted Ground for instance.
Just for BP and nothing else a free 150k is ok.
i have all the perks except for one
No, I have all the perks (not an available poll option)
An I’m hoarding my shards for the next release of original characters. Who knows, there could be 3 characters again, like last time!
I rarely use the shrine, but when I do, it's either to get bloodpoints, or get a new perk I want.
It's half and half for me. If there's a perk on a killer that I don't feel like leveling up... then maybe. But not so much anymore... since the New Legion skins came out, I'm saving for them. And for Joey's cosmetics since I don't have all of his either.
I do get a few perks here and there, but it's nice to have a piggy bank to go to when you're in need of a few extra BP.
Absolutely not.
DBD DLC are regularly included in muti-platform sales, so it's better to just purchase the character/chapter and get all the included perks.
I already have unlocked all the perks.
I like to use the shrine for the bp. I save up my shards until the new dlc is out. And then I will buy the complete shrine two times (it usually resets the evening the dlc came out) to overcome the 1 million bloodpoints cap for the new killer. (So I can spent my saved 1 million, + 600k from shrine one, + 600k from shrine 2.)
@Devs Can you please take care that there is always one expensive perk on the shrine (for 250k bp) the day a dlc comes out and the day after? =)
I used to spend the shards on the old shrine, back when there was no cosmetic shop, but now I just save the shards for the cosmetics.
If its a perk I have, I dont get it. If its a perk I dont have and plan on not getting that chapter soon, I get it.