So I can't play the game anymore

I bought the game on Switch and during the first couple of days, besides the bugs and stuff, things went smoothly. Now I can hardly find a game. My server is rather DEAD and I don't have the option to choose a different one so I might as well delete the game. Every other game I've played with dedicated servers lets you choose the server to log on to. Why haven't you implemented that on Switch? It's either living in a good "region" or quitting.

Comments

  • @Gorgonia said:

    I bought the game on Switch and during the first couple of days, besides the bugs and stuff, things went smoothly. Now I can hardly find a game. My server is rather DEAD and I don't have the option to choose a different one so I might as well delete the game. Every other game I've played with dedicated servers lets you choose the server to log on to. Why haven't you implemented that on Switch? It's either living in a good "region" or quitting.

    If server picking was enabled there is the risk that people pick servers that they have high ping on. Playing against someone who is lagging is not fun even if that person themselves does not mind the lag.

    What is your region?

  • @Horus said:

    Alright bye

    go back to your school homework

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95373/so-i-cant-play-the-game-anymore

    If server picking was enabled there is the risk that people pick servers that they have high ping on. Playing against someone who is lagging is not fun even if that person themselves does not mind the lag.

    What is your region?

    I'm in South America. The server was great during the first couple of days. Now it's around the same 10 people. We already have each other in our FLs. A lot of people stopped playing due to the rank progression reset.

  • @Horus said:

    Alright bye

    Why are you being rude? This person enjoys the game and wants to play. You sure are a shining beacon of positivity in this community. Please be nicer to people.

    @Gorgonia said:

    I bought the game on Switch and during the first couple of days, besides the bugs and stuff, things went smoothly. Now I can hardly find a game. My server is rather DEAD and I don't have the option to choose a different one so I might as well delete the game. Every other game I've played with dedicated servers lets you choose the server to log on to. Why haven't you implemented that on Switch? It's either living in a good "region" or quitting.

    Have you tried contacting Behaviour? You should email them.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757732#Comment_757732

    Why are you being rude? This person enjoys the game and wants to play. You sure are a shining beacon of positivity in this community. Please be nicer to people.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95373/so-i-cant-play-the-game-anymore

    Have you tried contacting Behaviour? You should email them.

    Just done with people and there goodbye threads

  • So people trying to get help so they can actually play bother you?

    He can't even play the game, man. And your first response is super bitter towards him as if he created th problem?

  • @Horus said:

    Alright bye

    What a useless comment. He is right, dbd needs an option to chose the server location you want to log in.


  • "Looks like you need to with your grammer boy"

    *proceeds to spell "grammar" wrong and uses the incorrect form of "their"*

    Don't be a twat and just assume that someone saying that they have to quit is them choosing to do so, if you'd just read the post, you would have seen that that was the case.

  • I play on PC (2 accounts) and on PS4, I have all the DLCs three times. I have spent hundreds of dollars on cosmetics because I like them and because it’s a way of supporting the game. I now play on Switch with my bf because that’s the only console he got... and we cannot do it. It’s either sitting in a lobby for 30 minutes or more or playing something else. It’s not a goodbye thread, it’s a “give us a chance to play, give us an option”. We love the game, we are simply left without an option to play it. We have gotten ourselves some friends in the US and had them invite us to their party to have a chance and finding a game as a temporary solution, but choosing the server should be an option.


    @Horus you’re obviously some kid with mom-attention issues and I won’t bother arguing with you, so go make trouble somewhere else.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757950#Comment_757950

    So people trying to get help so they can actually play bother you?

    He can't even play the game, man. And your first response is super bitter towards him as if he created th problem?

    Dont like it vote down oh wait

  • @Gorgonia said:

    I play on PC (2 accounts) and on PS4, I have all the DLCs three times. I have spent hundreds of dollars on cosmetics because I like them and because it’s a way of supporting the game. I now play on Switch with my bf because that’s the only console he got... and we cannot do it. It’s either sitting in a lobby for 30 minutes or more or playing something else. It’s not a goodbye thread, it’s a “give us a chance to play, give us an option”. We love the game, we are simply left without an option to play it. We have gotten ourselves some friends in the US and had them invite us to their party to have a chance and finding a game as a temporary solution, but choosing the server should be an option.

    @Horus you’re obviously some kid with mom-attention issues and I won’t bother arguing with you, so go make trouble somewhere else.

    I could care less about you or how many accounts you have with your hundreds of cosmetics the server option most likely wont happen so get over yourself

  • @Horus Hopefully a mod will help you get over yourself.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    I play on PC (2 accounts) and on PS4, I have all the DLCs three times. I have spent hundreds of dollars on cosmetics because I like them and because it’s a way of supporting the game. I now play on Switch with my bf because that’s the only console he got... and we cannot do it. It’s either sitting in a lobby for 30 minutes or more or playing something else. It’s not a goodbye thread, it’s a “give us a chance to play, give us an option”. We love the game, we are simply left without an option to play it. We have gotten ourselves some friends in the US and had them invite us to their party to have a chance and finding a game as a temporary solution, but choosing the server should be an option.

    @Horus you’re obviously some kid with mom-attention issues and I won’t bother arguing with you, so go make trouble somewhere else.

    Thank God I'm not the only one, if more of us speak up maybe Behaviour can do something to link these account's, I would love to only be on one account

  • @kamisen said:

    @Horus Hopefully a mod will help you get over yourself.

    Same to you

  • @marvelmovie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758579#Comment_758579

    Thank God I'm not the only one, if more of us speak up maybe Behaviour can do something to link these account's, I would love to only be on one account

    hopefully they’ll give us that option. When I played with people in the US ping was decent, not 50ms but around 120. Even better than p2p

  • @Horus You seems to have all the right personality traits.....

    What percentage of matches do you rage-quit from? Asking for a friend

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758872#Comment_758872

    hopefully they’ll give us that option. When I played with people in the US ping was decent, not 50ms but around 120. Even better than p2p

    I dream the day it happens then I can officially. The guy in charge said they we're working on away to do cross progression, hopefully that would have some type of multiple account link, some of their fog whisperers also I have multiple accounts to not get tunneled and camped, so maybe it's in the works

  • Meanwhile...

    People are going in to meltdown because Fortnite has 'died' 😂

  • Yeah I have been having terrible qtimes as killers. This past week I decided if give it 5 mins to pop a q before going back to anogher game. I haven't gotten into a single game.

    We just moved from CA to WI so !maybe that's the problem.


    When you only have a few hours to play games , you don't want to be sitting in a q for half of it.

  • @Attackfrog said:

    Yeah I have been having terrible qtimes as killers. This past week I decided if give it 5 mins to pop a q before going back to anogher game. I haven't gotten into a single game.

    We just moved from CA to WI so !maybe that's the problem.

    When you only have a few hours to play games , you don't want to be sitting in a q for half of it.

    Indeed, and you end up playing something else... :/

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/759847#Comment_759847

    Indeed, and you end up playing something else... :/

    Is there a way to see how many people are playing a given game on the Switch, like on Steam? It may not be that your server is dead, but the entire playbase on the Switch may be too small.

  • @yobuddd said:

    @Horus You seems to have all the right personality traits.....

    What percentage of matches do you rage-quit from? Asking for a friend

    None

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/759866#Comment_759866

    Is there a way to see how many people are playing a given game on the Switch, like on Steam? It may not be that your server is dead, but the entire playbase on the Switch may be too small.

    I’m playing at the moment and we are probably less than 10 people. If I get a game, I know I’ll have to wait around 25 minutes to play again unless I die first and get paired with the people in queue.

    I don’t think there is a way to know anyway