The general consensus on this update?
Hi again everyone, hope your having a fantastic day. So, sense I'm on PS4, I've just been wondering what everyone thinks about everything in this update? I'm super curious to hear whatever it is you guys/gals have to say.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Unnecessary change to Nurse's base-kit. It would have been enough to change some of her add-ons.
Insta-heals got slightly changed, but they are still very useful.
Looking forward to the Archives.
I'm curious, were med-kits overall changed or just certain add-ons?
This is how I feel as well. Nurse base kit changes nerfed her so bad. I feel bad for Nurse mains now.
The med-kits' heal speed got increased when you heal others.
Trash changes to Nurse. They should at least give her 100+ speed, everything else in the update is cool though.
They also finally got rid of instaheals! Styptic, the purple one, gives 15 seconds of Endurance, basically BT or MOM, and Syringe, the red one, heals passively over 8 seconds. Good riddance.
I can't even test the changes probably because the game is incredibly laggy even with 60ping.
Besides the numerous bugs in the ptb, it is overall pretty solid. Nurse changes nerfed her but not into obscurity like some people claim. Insta heals finally nerfed, archives are pretty decent. Only thing I am anticipating is the lore.
So you say yay no insta heals. What bout insta downs.. bet you don't agree with that or ibony mori right... get rid of one op side but not the other... ok
I heard it's the worst thing ever, that the game is dead, gg Behaviour, your 3K hours in the game are now worthless, sky is falling, and DBD probably just banged your mom.
In other words, it's going to be... fine? Nurse players will still kill you, toxic insta-heals have been replaced by far more rapid healing speeds, and there's a stupid new grind with plenty of Behaviour's trademark player-unfriendliness.
Is there even a consensus on this? Opinions seem to be all over the place.
Overall :
3+ blinks aren't a thing anymore. 3 blinks also have a huge downside.
Omega Blink is still a thing, but it has a real downside now and it's probably not worth running over recharge time add-ons.
Base kit Nurse's changes might drop her from S tier to A tier. Idk if she will still be the best.
Object of Obsession doesn't kill stealth killers anymore after Undetectable was added onto stealth killers.
Medkits were buffed to promote more altruistic plays with them.
Instant Heals got nerfed, but they are still very useful, especially the Styptic Agent which is like your personal BT now.
๐๐
Yup, beginning to see this now, glad I put general in the title. It's cool seeing all the opinions though, I'm also insanely happy with the OoO change.
Angry people & happy people.
The usual.
Instaheals had to go. Way to easy to use and obtain and they just deleted the entire chase. And hey, I would be all for a Mori rework as well, make Cypress basekit, change Ebonies, and leave Ivories as they are. As for instadowns, no, they are perfectly fine. Devour Hope can be completely negated, they aren't going to change a killer's power to get rid of their instadowns, like Ghostface, Myers, Billy, and Leatherface, and killer specific instadowns can be avoided by outplaying them such as avoiding Billy's chainsaw, looping Myers or Ghostface until the duration runs out, ect, NOED can be destroyed before it even activates, and Rancor can be avoided by playing stealthy or just by playing well in general and leaving when gates are open. Instadowns are fine, you can run the new Styptic to counter them if need be.
TLDR: Instaheals had to go, Moris need a rework now, and Instadowns are fine.
I'm not say insta down from powers need to be touched but things like noed need rework for killers that only way they get things to go there way. Noed for not getting any hooks no gens defended nothing now they have a game changing peek for failing.
I did hope there would have been more balance changes in this update, seeing as this game has a lot of balancing that still could be improved on, like the solo and swf survivor gap and the many badly designed maps. But the changes we did get in the patch are great in my opinion.
And to be fair, this game is already in a fairly good spot balance wise, despite there still being a lot that could be improved.
I like the buffs to stealth killers, I'm relieved that Nurse didn't get entirely dumpstered.
That's about it.
The devs have officially said that NOED will not be reworked because cleansing the totems as a powerful counter play exists. In addition, there are many perks to help get the totems done, including inner strength, the newly buffed detective's hunch, maps, the increase in the blood points they offer. The point is that noed is fine. Cleanse the totems. If a survivor other than you is downed with noed, look for it. There is plenty of counter play.
Personally, I am super excited about the Rift, Archives, Insta-heal nerfs, Undetectable buffs, and the nurse balancing seems fair to me. Some people said she would be horrible, but honestly she will still be one of the better killers. I think overall this patch has moved the game in a much better direction, and I'm excited to see where it continues to go!
I'm not disagreeing that there I no counter play.im saying it's a perk awarded for the killer failing at doing their one job. That's like the survivor getting invisibility for failing to run from the killer on there final hook. They get it even if they dont get any hooks. It's a huge crutch for a killers to depend on very heavily. And its should be somewhat rewarded