LOL . RANKING IN MATCHES SURE IS FIXED.

I'm rank 10. There's no way your rank ######### is fixed if I get a rank 13, and then 3 purple rank survivors that are rank 5 and 6. That's nearing red ranks.

Get the ######### out of here with the ''It will match with someone closer to their rank."

Comments

  • Many people are having issues right now with the matchmaking. I think the devs are testing a few new things out until Dedicated Servers arrive in the mid chapter patch.

  • @alienschmalien said:

    I'm rank 10. There's no way your rank ######### is fixed if I get a rank 13, and then 3 purple rank survivors that are rank 5 and 6. That's nearing red ranks.

    Get the ######### out of here with the ''It will match with someone closer to their rank."

    That's probably because they have been sitting in a lobby for a while. The natchmaking system will slowly open its standards up to a maximum range of 6 ranks. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92417/lol-ranking-in-matches-sure-is-fixed

    That's probably because they have been sitting in a lobby for a while. The natchmaking system will slowly open its standards up to a maximum range of 6 ranks. :)

    5 and 13 is a range of 8 not 6. So it's still not the appropriate ranks.

    Though it is pretty close to be fair.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    5 and 13 is a range of 8 not 6. So it's still not the appropriate ranks.

    Though it is pretty close to be fair.

    But its actually because op is rank 10. 13 to 10 is a gap of 3 and 5 is a gap of 5 (6 obv. being 4) all of which are inside the allowance. I don't think it's overall rank difference, its rank of the survivors compared to the killer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729966#Comment_729966

    But its actually because op is rank 10. 13 to 10 is a gap of 3 and 5 is a gap of 5 (6 obv. being 4) all of which are inside the allowance. I don't think it's overall rank difference, its rank of the survivors compared to the killer.

    The OP did not say what the Killers rank was. Just that he was rank 10 and the other Survivors were 13, 5 and 6.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729970#Comment_729970

    The OP did not say what the Killers rank was. Just that he was rank 10 and the other Survivors were 13, 5 and 6.

    He said he got a rank 13 and three purple rank survivors, that’s four total... he is clearly the killer at rank 10. Reading comprehension is your friend.

  • Many of these threads are one game, and the other 5 matches were just fine.

  • I'm a rank 10 killer. Survivor I think I'm currently rank 3 or 4? Either way...

    I've now had 4 games back to back to back, where I had survivors bordering the red ranks and one that was actually rank 3 and 4 while the other two were 16 and 12.

    I'm a very casual player in general, but especially at killer. I don't want to have to sweat to books on tape to enjoy playing my favorite killer.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    5 and 13 is a range of 8 not 6. So it's still not the appropriate ranks.

    Though it is pretty close to be fair.

    He's a rank 10.

    Which is a 5 rank gap to rank 5.

  • Match making will find anyone who is suitable if it can't find someone that is of their similar rank.

    For example, if a Rank 10 waits 10 minutes for a match, that either means there are no Rank 10s from their region or time-frame available at the moment, or the match making couldn't detect them because they're already in another lobby...

    So, what it does is it gathers up everyone who's above or below your rank, and matches you with them until it finds suitable candidates. That's why when I play with Red Ranks as a Rank 1, and I start up a lobby that loads instantly, it will find Survivors that're of my rank, but it will also put ahead Survivors that have waited a long time in-front of those people that're my rank.

    Hence why I sometimes get Rank 6s and 16s... (It's rarer to get Yellow Ranks, its more so Green or Purple.)

  • @alienschmalien said:

    I'm a rank 10 killer. Survivor I think I'm currently rank 3 or 4? Either way...

    I've now had 4 games back to back to back, where I had survivors bordering the red ranks and one that was actually rank 3 and 4 while the other two were 16 and 12.

    I'm a very casual player in general, but especially at killer. I don't want to have to sweat to books on tape to enjoy playing my favorite killer.

    If you are a rank 10 Killer then you can get Survivors between ranks 16 and 4 including Survivors of exactly rank 16 or 4.

  • @alienschmalien said:

    I'm rank 10. There's no way your rank ######### is fixed if I get a rank 13, and then 3 purple rank survivors that are rank 5 and 6. That's nearing red ranks.

    Get the ######### out of here with the ''It will match with someone closer to their rank."

    It's never fixed lmao, I'm rank 3 atm and I keep getting 13's in my games. and what's worse it takes me like 20 mins to find a game. this is on console though.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92417/lol-ranking-in-matches-sure-is-fixed

    That's probably because they have been sitting in a lobby for a while. The natchmaking system will slowly open its standards up to a maximum range of 6 ranks. :)

    That doesn't make it any less stupid though. Why should a rank 15 survivor fight a purple ranked killer? They are clearly going too get destroyed.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    Many of these threads are one game, and the other 5 matches were just fine.

    I have had many on both sides so it's not just a few. It's all the time.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    That doesn't make it any less stupid though. Why should a rank 15 survivor fight a purple ranked killer? They are clearly going too get destroyed.

    They are in a SWF, so the highest rank will be used to prevent bullying. I rather have this than SWF squads using their low ranked buddies to bully low ranked killers in my opinion. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730071#Comment_730071

    They are in a SWF, so the highest rank will be used to prevent bullying. I rather have this than SWF squads using their low ranked buddies to bully low ranked killers in my opinion. :)

    but it isn't though, I have solo qued into lobbies with 1 other survivor and they are purple ranked. I agree that the new SWF system is great, but it doesn't change how solo que is still busted.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    That doesn't make it any less stupid though. Why should a rank 15 survivor fight a purple ranked killer? They are clearly going too get destroyed.

    A rank 15 will be fighting at worst a rank 9.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    That doesn't make it any less stupid though. Why should a rank 15 survivor fight a purple ranked killer? They are clearly going too get destroyed.

    Why should a rank 15 killer get paired against a rank 15 survivor and his three rank 2 friends? Because that’s what used to happen quite often. Streamers would use subs that were low rank, or start a new account so they could look good to viewers.

  • I'm rank 12 survivor right now and I got paired with a rank 5, who pipped into rank 4 after the game. The ranking system still is unfair for all.

    @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730071#Comment_730071

    Why should a rank 15 killer get paired against a rank 15 survivor and his three rank 2 friends? Because that’s what used to happen quite often. Streamers would use subs that were low rank, or start a new account so they could look good to viewers.

    Neither one should happen, it's why the ranking system needs a complete overhaul, not some minor tweaks too try and fix it.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730229#Comment_730229

    I'm rank 12 survivor right now and I got paired with a rank 5, who pipped into rank 4 after the game. The ranking system still is unfair for all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730320#Comment_730320

    Neither one should happen, it's why the ranking system needs a complete overhaul, not some minor tweaks too try and fix it.

    Okay so when a SWF with a rank 1, 2, 5 and 13 play what should the killer be?

    or when someone who is 1 plays with their rank 15 friend and they get paired with two random rank 2 what should the killer be?

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730229#Comment_730229

    I'm rank 12 survivor right now and I got paired with a rank 5, who pipped into rank 4 after the game. The ranking system still is unfair for all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730320#Comment_730320

    Neither one should happen, it's why the ranking system needs a complete overhaul, not some minor tweaks too try and fix it.

    There will be some cases where it isn't working and that may be what you are seeing. They are still working on it and asking for feedback so they can pinpoint anything which may be wrong.

    The ranking does have to have some room for expanding though as if not you could be stuck in a queue for way too long hence it will widen as the time goes on incase there is no one around tour rank or if your region has a low population of players. You will also see others joining who may have waited a while a few ranks away from yours.

    What Peanits said was that it should expand to a max of 6 ranks either way if the above is the case.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730347#Comment_730347

    Okay so when a SWF with a rank 1, 2, 5 and 13 play what should the killer be?

    or when someone who is 1 plays with their rank 15 friend and they get paired with two random rank 2 what should the killer be?

    you're literally ignoring all the points im making too push an argument that isn't even an argument. SWF system IS FINE with the change, but whats not fine is when I solo que into people who are in red ranks when I'm still in green ranks.

  • Proof or it didn't happen

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730347#Comment_730347

    There will be some cases where it isn't working and that may be what you are seeing. They are still working on it and asking for feedback so they can pinpoint anything which may be wrong.

    The ranking does have to have some room for expanding though as if not you could be stuck in a queue for way too long hence it will widen as the time goes on incase there is no one around tour rank or if your region has a low population of players. You will also see others joining who may have waited a while a few ranks away from yours.

    What Peanits said was that it should expand to a max of 6 ranks either way if the above is the case.

    I understand having some room for growth, but a green rank should never be in a game with a red rank unless they are SWF together. There should be no reason I should have too fight a red rank killer in green ranks, that's just unfair for everyone in the game.

  • Good sir, have in mind new players came to the game, I've been playing each game as a rank 4-6 survivor in SWF with players with ranks from 20-13. And yes, we're getting killers from rank 15-5

    This is in XBOX, and I believe the rank we got to play against was an accurate try of average rank between our SWF party

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729963#Comment_729963

    5 and 13 is a range of 8 not 6. So it's still not the appropriate ranks.

    Though it is pretty close to be fair.

    It's a range of 6 between the killer and any given survivor (barring SWF, which may drag a newer player into a high ranked lobby). So as a rank 10 killer, they could get survivors between rank 4 - 16 (depending on how long they are waiting).

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729966#Comment_729966

    It's a range of 6 between the killer and any given survivor (barring SWF, which may drag a newer player into a high ranked lobby). So as a rank 10 killer, they could get survivors between rank 4 - 16 (depending on how long they are waiting).

    They explained it to me already.

  • im rank one and with the way matchmaking Is now I see rank 17 survivors grouped with red ranks, they typically don’t have a great time. Swf matchmaking now goes with highest rank in the group, not the average rank of the group

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729966#Comment_729966

    It's a range of 6 between the killer and any given survivor (barring SWF, which may drag a newer player into a high ranked lobby). So as a rank 10 killer, they could get survivors between rank 4 - 16 (depending on how long they are waiting).

    That's kinda bad tbh. No way a rank 10 killer can stand up too red ranked survivors. I understand having some leeway too get people in matches, but I can't see an average green ranked killer standing any chance against average red ranked survivors.

  • Yeah, but... I'm late.

    @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731887#Comment_731887

    That's kinda bad tbh. No way a rank 10 killer can stand up too red ranked survivors. I understand having some leeway too get people in matches, but I can't see an average green ranked killer standing any chance against average red ranked survivors.

    This tends to only happen in the worst case scenario. It'll look for closer survivors if possible, but if it can't, it'll take what it can get. The alternative is not getting a game at all.

  • I've had some right stinkers today. I was a 9 survivor...in a lobby with 13/17/19. We were against Wraith. They literally never saw it coming.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730359#Comment_730359

    I understand having some room for growth, but a green rank should never be in a game with a red rank unless they are SWF together. There should be no reason I should have too fight a red rank killer in green ranks, that's just unfair for everyone in the game.

    Personally I'd rather to be able to play a game even with that scenario than wait an hour for someone closer to my rank.

    It should be the worst case scenario but depending on the time of day in some regions with lower populations and of course if its working properly it could make it more likely.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731866#Comment_731866

    Personally I'd rather to be able to play a game even with that scenario than wait an hour for someone closer to my rank.

    It should be the worst case scenario but depending on the time of day in some regions with lower populations and of course if its working properly it could make it more likely.

    I disagree, I would rather wait longer and be in a fair match then have quick matches and loose the game constantly.

  • You’re both not wrong, I don’t think they can set it though so you can “hurry up,” or “be patient,” that would split the queues even more... honestly I just accept what it is now kind of like I do with bugs anymore