Can we sort the broken matchmaking please :/

I’m sorry but this is hardly fair for the rank 18s I let the nea escape poor thing she was running around like a baby 😂 didn’t turn around once poor thing this is one of my many broken games on PS4 where I’m a higher rank then the surviours as killer or when I play survivor I’m rank 4 and get sued with rank 17s how is that fair to my game play? I’m all for helping new players but gosh it’s hard to do 5 gens and get chased and unhook people and do totems

3568E121-A110-4A77-B37F-AD0B3379E4C3.jpeg


Comments

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    How do we keep SWF working in a decent manner while not having low level killers from being abused?

    I would choose the killers rank from the average of the highest and the lowest rank survivor in the swf team. So if there was 1 rank 1 survivor and 3 rank 20 survivors, the killer would still be rank 10.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/728120#Comment_728120

    I would choose the killers rank from the average of the highest and the lowest rank survivor in the swf team. So if there was 1 rank 1 survivor and 3 rank 20 survivors, the killer would still be rank 10.

    Do you not think the devs have considered this? You have to remember, they have access to metrics we do not see. I would assume they track matchmaking and make tweaks based on those metrics and other factors.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/728136#Comment_728136

    Do you not think the devs have considered this? You have to remember, they have access to metrics we do not see. I would assume they track matchmaking and make tweaks based on those metrics and other factors.

    This game has been out way too long for these problems to exist. The was fine just a few weeks ago and now MM is taking forever and most of us who actually have real life friends that would like to play are getting annoyed with the way things have become didn't help they did this with ST dlc dropping and a bunch new wanted to come play and since a good portion are survivors with high friends they disliking the game. I don't know what to do about I think reverting it back until a better solution comes along would be a good option

  • ppl have exploited the matchmaking enough, queuing with low ranks to go against new killers and ruin their experience. also killers at high ranks are getting acutally lobbys now without waiting 20 minutes. so the devs fixed to major things with this and i hope they dont listen again to the whiney survivor crowd. they have been spoonfeeded enough, let them have to learn something on their own now.

  • @Kenshin said:

    ppl have exploited the matchmaking enough, queuing with low ranks to go against new killers and ruin their experience. also killers at high ranks are getting acutally lobbys now without waiting 20 minutes. so the devs fixed to major things with this and i hope they dont listen again to the whiney survivor crowd. they have been spoonfeeded enough, let them have to learn something on their own now.

    Entitled killer main spotted

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/728136#Comment_728136

    Do you not think the devs have considered this? You have to remember, they have access to metrics we do not see. I would assume they track matchmaking and make tweaks based on those metrics and other factors.

    Thats how they claimed it was supposed to be in the first place. It took the average of the SWF lobby and found a killer that was around that average. Even then though, I've had matches that our lowest was a Rank 16 and highest was 4 and we'd get matched against a Rank 20 for some reason, when we should have got something closer to rank 10-8.

  • The matchmaking has been off way before this current issue to me. I am not super good at this game and still trying to unlock the good perks on a majority of my killers. With that said, I tend to be in the lower ranks. However, I get survivors running all the good perks and such and for most games, I have a hard time.

    The idea I came up with for matchmaking would be to not only go by rank but also by their character's level. For instance, say that they are going in as a level 10 killer. The ideal matchmaking system would find survivors around that same level and within the same rank as the killer. That is what I would like to see eventually.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725472#Comment_725472

    Do devs always define rank 1 as highest rank? It's like that in the patch notes too and confuses me when I try to discuss the new matchmaking. Most just say highest skill, lowest rank for rank 1.

    Just wanna make sure I'm not using the wrong term and confusing people when I discuss on the forums.

    Yes. It's always a little confusing. Highest normally means "the best you can possibly achieve", but since ranks count downwards, highest ends up being 1 (the lowest number). Meanwhile if we call it the lowest rank, then it can be interpreted as 20, the rank you start at.

    But for our purposes, 1 is highest, 20 is lowest.

  • I wish they’d do away with ranks totally all I’ve ever seen ranks do is cause issues. When you can actually get matches fast and everything’s working best is when people complain about rank 18s being in matches with a rank 5 killer then they try to fix it and we end up sitting for 30 minutes trying to get a lobby or when we get one half our swf group gets kicked. The main thing ranks show is the amount of time you spend playing anyway not necessarily how good you are. I’d consider myself an average survivor and I’ve been rank 1 plenty of times. Drop the ranks and the screwed up matchmaking system and throw everybody in together and keep it simple. F13 has never had ranks and I’ve never heard anybody mention that it needs them. We have 2 PS4s I play a lot more than my wife gets to but she likes to play when she gets time so naturally while I’m a red rank she’s normally a 15 or higher so according to some people we shouldn’t be allowed to play together I guess.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    How do we keep SWF working in a decent manner while not having low level killers from being abused?

    You put the low level abused as priority as they have and the swf can be left to deal with whatever outcome they have by using a rank 20 in a group of rank 1s.

    In short, it's dealt with.

    A necessity too with dedicated servers coming.

    Don't group with rank 1 survivors if you are incapable or unwilling to play against rank 1 killers. Easy to understand and in the words of Fleece Johnson, "the choss is yaws."

  • @DBDbuildsYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725861#Comment_725861

    Mate if you a rank two survivor there are ZERO excuses to play against new killers.

    Literally ZERO

    That's not the issue with what I was trying to point out. Because currently, if they play with me, At best we get a rank 5 killer.

    To someone who is new to the game that doesn't know the ins and outs of a killer, that's actually pretty bad.

    Idc about what killers I'M FACING. The problem is that they have to put up with extremely high rank killers right off the bat.

  • Tldr I'm more concerned that they would stay playing the game without being too exposed to the current killer meta + moris bc we all know when you see that swf you pop that ebony

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725946#Comment_725946

    That's not the issue with what I was trying to point out. Because currently, if they play with me, At best we get a rank 5 killer.

    To someone who is new to the game that doesn't know the ins and outs of a killer, that's actually pretty bad.

    Idc about what killers I'M FACING. The problem is that they have to put up with extremely high rank killers right off the bat.

    They need to play with you. If someone is experienced there are literally zero excuses to get a easy match due to swf.

    A team with swf has the option not to play with the high ranks to avoid this, a low rank killer had no options before.

  • Either way, someone will be punished by high rank difference in SWF:

    Either the low rank survivor who is choosing to play with high rank friends.

    OR

    The low rank killer who is blindly matched against much higher rank survivor who is choosing to play with low rank friends.


    The only difference is this latest patch punishes the people who are CHOOSING the high rank difference, rather than the giving the opposition an extra kick in the balls.

    The only other real options would be average, which we had for a while with the same complaints on both sides, or put a maximum rank gap on SWF that prevents you playing with your friends in the first place.

    What we have now is the best possible solution to a bad situation.

  • @DBDbuildsYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/730664#Comment_730664

    They need to play with you. If someone is experienced there are literally zero excuses to get a easy match due to swf.

    A team with swf has the option not to play with the high ranks to avoid this, a low rank killer had no options before.

    Lol telling my friends not to play with me because I'm a high rank.


    I agree with the comment above me though, it's a somewhat decent solution to an already bad situation. It's just that oddly, if I was playing with just one friend who let's say is rank 20, and I was Rank 1, would the killer be a rank 10? Because back then if that kind of swf happened, you would just get a gray rank killer. But if you take the literal average, it's rank 10. Idk maybe it's a console thing, don't really play with anyone on pc, so can't tell.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    Personally it's hard because I introduced my friends to DBD so I could enjoy the game with them while teaching them and giving them the ropes.

    I did warn them that the current changes would cause the matchmaking skill gap to be more so on my level than theirs ( it was a full swf). I'm a rank 2, so that really meant unforgiving matchmaking for them.

    I honestly think matchmaking should try out brackets instead of average, or matchmaking based off the highest rank.

    Yes I could use a smurfs account, but nothing is more annoying to me than a smurf account to avoid losing rank on the main.

    Except for people who think rank matters, or means anything other than a vague indicator for matchmaking purposes.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725861#Comment_725861

    Except for people who think rank matters, or means anything other than a vague indicator for matchmaking purposes.

    Omfg true. Imagine thinking you being rank 1 makes among the best players in the game lmao

  • @Duckodb12 said:

    I wish they’d do away with ranks totally all I’ve ever seen ranks do is cause issues. When you can actually get matches fast and everything’s working best is when people complain about rank 18s being in matches with a rank 5 killer then they try to fix it and we end up sitting for 30 minutes trying to get a lobby or when we get one half our swf group gets kicked. The main thing ranks show is the amount of time you spend playing anyway not necessarily how good you are. I’d consider myself an average survivor and I’ve been rank 1 plenty of times. Drop the ranks and the screwed up matchmaking system and throw everybody in together and keep it simple. F13 has never had ranks and I’ve never heard anybody mention that it needs them. We have 2 PS4s I play a lot more than my wife gets to but she likes to play when she gets time so naturally while I’m a red rank she’s normally a 15 or higher so according to some people we shouldn’t be allowed to play together I guess.

    Yeah same thing here. I get called boosted for playing with my gf or my friends. People here are actually suggesting your friends dont play with you it's a bit appalling.

    Doing away with the ranks could most definitely be interesting though. I think waiting 30 minutes for a lobby just to get a DC or half my group kicked out is the main reason we stop playing dbd for the day

  • I just uninstalled tonight. I don't care about the SWF changes because when I play survivor, it is Solo anyway (I mentioned my son in an earlier post, but he rarely plays so isn't a solid issue for me on the SWF changes).

    The issue I have is that since that hotfix change, my Rank 15 Killer lobbies are taking a full 10-12 minutes each time, regardless of time of day (east coast U.S. region), and then when I do get a lobby, it is typically 5 or 6 ranks above my own.

    Such fun waiting in a 10-12 minute lobby for a match like that. And this only started happening after the hotfix.

    I'll keep an eye here and there on patch and hotfix notes for DbD, but at this point I'm moving on to other games. Lobbies are too long, and for my skill level the matches I get aren't all that fun given that the Survivors are way more experienced than me, due to the MM broadening the search as wide as it is because the MM is unable to make a fair match in the first place.

    I don't have a solution to propose. Obviously, the game needs to retain more new players. Unfortunately, Behavior seems to have an unprecedented skill at driving new players away.

  • I thought matchmaking had been fixed?

    I'm Rank 7 killer at the moment and have come up against low red ranks consistently tonight.

    If I get bored of being pooped on and try to play survivor for a bit, I'm looking at a 5+ minute wait to get a game at purple ranks.

    :(

  • @captainlongshlong Behavior recently came out and explained that when the matchmaker takes too long to find a match, it will broaden the parameters and go as far as a 6-rank difference, up or down, to your rank.

    So, for example, as a Rank 7, you could legitimately face survivors anywhere between Rank 13 through Rank 1.

    It was explained here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92295/developer-update-september-2019#latest

    So, working as intended.

    And since my lobbies have been a consistent 10-12 minutes since this Hotfix went live, I'm regularly getting a 5 or 6 rank difference between me and survivors, but always with them being higher than me. See my post right above your own.

  • Still broken, wait ages for a lobby then get BM'd by survivors who are nearly 10 ranks higher then you, perfect way to spend an evening.

  • I'm also faceing this problem in 2021 which shows the devs dont actually care about the newer players to there game as its clearly been a problem for years. The only way i've found to get around it is to look at the survivors themselves in the lobby and if I see 2nd or 3rd prestige skins I leave the lobby and search for another one. This obvioulsy doesnt work with survivor skins as theres no way to tell if there prestiged or not. an easy way for the devs to fix the SWF issue this game has is to matchmake from the lowest ranked killer within the party.

    e.g if there is a party with a rank 2,8,18 the matchmaking will look for a killer for the rank 2 not the rank 18.

    I understand this makes it harder for the newer player but if the rank 2 got to that rank from actually being good at the game then they will be able to take hits and pull the killer away from the higher ranked player.

1 2 ›