Only really against spirit. Not because I want "ez games" but just because I hate her and it's unfun. I like hard and challenging matches, that's why I like versing nurses. But spirit is just a guessing game for me.
Not if I get teammates that are similar ranks with the killer. Though I'm only green ranks right now I played with some red survivors against red killers.
nah, i'd rather play a <2 minute game and at least get some blood points and lose one pip rather than lose 2 pips and gain nothing. plus you at least get a bit of practice
Would say it’s casual party lower down in the ranks, more a show of skill and competitiveness higher up.
This game is not that dependant on skill it's just knowledge and if you know how to run structures, perks, and items. The skill ceiling is not that high.
As a mainly solo player, yup. I like not knowing. Then I'll actually get into the match and say "eh what the hell, might as well try to get decent BP."
I'd leave a lobby, but not a game over it. Given the choice between playing against a rank 1 Nurse or Spirit and literally anything else, of course I would choose not to. Just like if there were a way to know for sure if a team was SWF, or if those medkits had instaheals, most killers would choose not to play that match every time. The uncertainty of the lobbies is what gets people matches on both sides.
nah, i'd rather play a <2 minute game and at least get some blood points and lose one pip rather than lose 2 pips and gain nothing. plus you at least get a bit of practice
I think you misinterpreted ‘lobby’ as ‘match’. The question is asking whether you would leave the lobby before a match if you knew the Killer was Nurse/Spirit, there is no loss of pips here.
This game is not that dependant on skill it's just knowledge and if you know how to run structures, perks, and items. The skill ceiling is not that high.
Mental skills are a good portion of this game, from basic skills (patrolling efficiently, basic evasion) to more advanced skills (mind games whilst looping, prediction of player movement) and so on.
All of these skills you acquire become knowledge for future matches.
I'd leave a lobby, but not a game over it. Given the choice between playing against a rank 1 Nurse or Spirit and literally anything else, of course I would choose not to. Just like if there were a way to know for sure if a team was SWF, or if those medkits had instaheals, most killers would choose not to play that match every time. The uncertainty of the lobbies is what gets people matches on both sides.
The unfortunate truth; due to toxicity, personal preference and the stereotyping of characters, certain details need to be hidden to prevent excessive lobby dodging.
The unfortunate truth; due to toxicity, personal preference and the stereotyping of characters, certain details need to be hidden to prevent excessive lobby dodging.
Yep. I'd personally be in favour of even more information being hidden tbh, for that exact reason.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Obviously.
It's the fear of not knowing that keeps me.
Also, @NMCKE, what's it like when you know a good Spirit like myself is the killer?
I like a challenge ^.^
Sure, I'll probably get destroyed, but as long as we all did our best, I don't mind. :)
There's an 80% chance the killer being either Spirit or Nurse. With nowadays lobbies, I really can't afford dodging the majority of my games...
I am unusually stubborn and don't give up or back down. If only I was like that in real life situations...
Only really against spirit. Not because I want "ez games" but just because I hate her and it's unfun. I like hard and challenging matches, that's why I like versing nurses. But spirit is just a guessing game for me.
No.
Not if I get teammates that are similar ranks with the killer. Though I'm only green ranks right now I played with some red survivors against red killers.
i am more afraid of survivors
both need a little nerf
It's just a casual party game, I wouldn't care if I lost as killer either and killers require more effort imo.
Alright, but imagine if queue times were low and Killer variety was more consistent. Would you take the opportunity to dodge then?
So if Nea was the Killer?
Would say it’s casual party lower down in the ranks, more a show of skill and competitiveness higher up.
Sure. Same like Killers are scared of brown Med Kits or a 2 man SWF.
But not something I would like to know before a Match.
I'd stay if the Killer was Oddjob from Goldeneye 007.
It seems against good Nurses the average IQ of my teammates drops drastically, and if just one gets slugged I already know the match is done.
nah, i'd rather play a <2 minute game and at least get some blood points and lose one pip rather than lose 2 pips and gain nothing. plus you at least get a bit of practice
This game is not that dependant on skill it's just knowledge and if you know how to run structures, perks, and items. The skill ceiling is not that high.
I would at least try me best in the match, despite despising facing Spirit.
rank 1 spirit/nurse is usually a waste of time to play against with random team mates. I could spend my time doing more fun things
As a mainly solo player, yup. I like not knowing. Then I'll actually get into the match and say "eh what the hell, might as well try to get decent BP."
I'd leave a lobby, but not a game over it. Given the choice between playing against a rank 1 Nurse or Spirit and literally anything else, of course I would choose not to. Just like if there were a way to know for sure if a team was SWF, or if those medkits had instaheals, most killers would choose not to play that match every time. The uncertainty of the lobbies is what gets people matches on both sides.
I think you misinterpreted ‘lobby’ as ‘match’. The question is asking whether you would leave the lobby before a match if you knew the Killer was Nurse/Spirit, there is no loss of pips here.
Mental skills are a good portion of this game, from basic skills (patrolling efficiently, basic evasion) to more advanced skills (mind games whilst looping, prediction of player movement) and so on.
All of these skills you acquire become knowledge for future matches.
Why bothering with something thats completely unfun?
Bring it on. Lobby dodging is for cowards or people with high ping.
I don’t dodge
I've had enough of Spirit honestly.
Hopefully the latter will be resolved with the upcoming dedicated servers :3
Brave man
The unfortunate truth; due to toxicity, personal preference and the stereotyping of characters, certain details need to be hidden to prevent excessive lobby dodging.
Yep. I'd personally be in favour of even more information being hidden tbh, for that exact reason.
Nope I love a challenge and juking the top tier killers feels so much more rewarding if the player is good with them.