Just got ran around the haddonfield infinite and oh my god.

So I never in my 2000 hours have been ran around the haddonfield infinite and oh my goodness is it the most brain dead thing. As long as you have BL its so easy to run around especially if you're playing as any killer besides literally nurse, trapper, and hag. If you guys got any tips to counter the myers house infinte please tell me.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You can't really, a lot of people seem to not know about this

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    So I never in my 2000 hours have been ran around the haddonfield infinite and oh my goodness is it the most brain dead thing. As long as you have BL its so easy to run around especially if you're playing as any killer besides literally nurse, trapper, and hag. If you guys got any tips to counter the myers house infinte please tell me.

    Don’t run it and target another survivor

  • @FishFry247 said:

    You can't really, a lot of people seem to not know about this

    Ugh I cant believe 2 infinites (as far as ive been ran around) now exist in the game, so annoying to deal with.

  • Bamboozle I guess? Not really sure. Never done it since I don't pack BL all that often.

  • Then those survivors just run straight to the house. Man I always try to be unbiased when it comes to this game but survivors have it so easy on haddonfield.

  • It’s not that hard to counter, most of the time they will either vault the window and immediately jump off the roof and run upstairs which you can counter by running down the stairs. If they are smart and watch for you vaulting before they jump down, vault back through the window and than cut them off by the stairs. Otherwise how much I hate to say it, you may have to just leave them be…

  • @Mochan said:

    Bamboozle I guess? Not really sure. Never done it since I don't pack BL all that often.

    Bamboozle doesnt even work since it involves 2 seperate windows. Run upstairs and vault one of the windows twice then do the other (Rinse and repeat) Eventually you end up losing the survivor so the window blocker wont ever pop up by itself.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722296#Comment_722296

    Ugh I cant believe 2 infinites (as far as ive been ran around) now exist in the game, so annoying to deal with.

    They've been existing, Its good so few ppl know about it cause it makes me want to legit dc on those maps

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    It’s not that hard to counter, most of the time they will either vault the window and immediately jump off the roof and run upstairs which you can counter by running down the stairs. If they are smart and watch for you vaulting before they jump down, vault back through the window and than cut them off by the stairs. Otherwise how much I hate to say it, you may have to just leave them be…

    With these ones they where extra smart, they would wait til I started vaulting then jumped, then waited til they saw my red stain, if I took more than a couple seconds coming down they'd run to the nearest loop and when I tried to chase them BAM right back to the house.

  • Haddonfield is one of my least favorite maps in the game because it's so annoying. As a Halloween fan, I should be excited whenever it pops up but I am not.

    Any time I see survivors with a map offering for it, I die a little inside.

  • It's definitely a terrible map and terrible tile, but it's not an infinite. When you are going down from the roof swing in the direction you want to go and you'll gain some distance as opposed to just falling straight down. Even if they have balanced landing they can be caught this way. (i think...i always have bamboozle if I am attempting this. Haven't tried without)

  • @Mochan said:

    Bamboozle I guess? Not really sure. Never done it since I don't pack BL all that often.

    Bamboozle won't help, there are 3 window vaults on the top floor (+ when rng is lucky towards survivors the window next to basement entry is open aswell which makes the loop 2 times stronger)

  • @Omans said:

    It's definitely a terrible map and terrible tile, but it's not an infinite. When you are going down from the roof swing in the direction you want to go and you'll gain some distance as opposed to just falling straight down. Even if they have balanced landing they can be caught this way. (i think...i always have bamboozle if I am attempting this. Haven't tried without)

    Nope, someone with balanced will run you forever even with bloodlust 3.

    I did it once against a toxic doctor (I haven't felt bad the slightest because he was toxic af) and I was running him for 4 minutes straight, got hit once and then adrenaline popped and I escaped.

  • I know the last time I used an offering for this map I made Freddy DC lol! I was wondering why the loading screen was taking so long til I seen the plug by his name. I only go to that map when I have been having bad games though. Half the time I can’t use it because I have no balanced landing or someone gets basemented so I don’t loop it for their sake.

  • @Xboned said:

    Haddonfield is one of my least favorite maps in the game because it's so annoying. As a Halloween fan, I should be excited whenever it pops up but I am not.

    Any time I see survivors with a map offering for it, I die a little inside.

    Me too, its almost as bad as Laurie's model :(

  • @Omans said:

    It's definitely a terrible map and terrible tile, but it's not an infinite. When you are going down from the roof swing in the direction you want to go and you'll gain some distance as opposed to just falling straight down. Even if they have balanced landing they can be caught this way. (i think...i always have bamboozle if I am attempting this. Haven't tried without)

    Swinging doesnt help since by the time youre falling down they're halfway up the stairs.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    I know the last time I used an offering for this map I made Freddy DC lol! I was wondering why the loading screen was taking so long til I seen the plug by his name. I only go to that map when I have been having bad games though. Half the time I can’t use it because I have no balanced landing or someone gets basemented so I don’t loop it for their sake.

    Tbh this map needs a bit of a nerf (Hopefully itll be reworked)

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722330#Comment_722330

    Nope, someone with balanced will run you forever even with bloodlust 3.

    I did it once against a toxic doctor (I haven't felt bad the slightest because he was toxic af) and I was running him for 4 minutes straight, got hit once and then adrenaline popped and I escaped.

    I try to never EVER be toxic unless the survivor/killer is. Like the ash running me around tbagged before I vaulted cause he knew I could never catch up so when he eventually left and I caught him I face camped him lol

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722330#Comment_722330

    Nope, someone with balanced will run you forever even with bloodlust 3.

    I did it once against a toxic doctor (I haven't felt bad the slightest because he was toxic af) and I was running him for 4 minutes straight, got hit once and then adrenaline popped and I escaped.

    Not true. If you swing when decsending you can cut the chase time down considerably and catch them even with balanced..I've done it many times...

    I'm not saying it isn't terrible. It is definitely the worst area on the worst map in the game, and it needs to be fixed badly, but it's not an infinite, and it can be beaten.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722345#Comment_722345

    Not true. If you swing when decsending you can cut the chase time down considerably and catch them even with balanced..I've done it many times...

    I'm not saying it isn't terrible. It is definitely the worst area on the worst map in the game, and it needs to be fixed badly, but it's not an infinite, and it can be beaten.

    Then the survivors you versed weren't optimal with their routing.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722345#Comment_722345

    Not true. If you swing when decsending you can cut the chase time down considerably and catch them even with balanced..I've done it many times...

    I'm not saying it isn't terrible. It is definitely the worst area on the worst map in the game, and it needs to be fixed badly, but it's not an infinite, and it can be beaten.

    It can be beaten depending on the killer, But if a survivor knows what they are doing then it can waste such a large amount of time

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722401#Comment_722401

    It can be beaten depending on the killer, But if a survivor knows what they are doing then it can waste such a large amount of time

    I can only imagine it being beaten with hag, trapper, and nurse I dont think even spirit could beat this loop. This loops works with pretty much every killer tbh.

  • doesnt help there is a ridiculous sprint mechanic bug thought it was sprint burst bugged again but its not(on ps4 that is). feral frenzy after bloodlust and still cant catch up to a normal sprinting survivor i call bs. more people noticing this need to speak up bt(before you say it i already posted a bug report. seeing soo many survivor maains of course no one will verify it.)

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722401#Comment_722401

    Then the survivors you versed weren't optimal with their routing.

    Hahaha. Look, I don't care. Try it yourself next time you play killer on that map. It's not an infinite. You can catch up if you know what you are doing.

    Let me ask you a question: that doctor you ran forever, did he swing when falling? If you don't swing you probably won't catch up. I don't care how optimally you run it. Yes, you will you waste a good chunk of time, but if the killer knows what he is doing, you will be caught.

    There aren't any more infinites in the game.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722436#Comment_722436

    Hahaha. Look, I don't care. Try it yourself next time you play killer on that map. It's not an infinite. You can catch up if you know what you are doing.

    Let me ask you a question: that doctor you ran forever, did he swing when falling? If you don't swing you probably won't catch up. I don't care how optimally you run it. Yes, you will you waste a good chunk of time, but if the killer knows what he is doing, you will be caught.

    There aren't any more infinites in the game.

    Then explain wretched shop infinite which very much still exists. Also how does swinging while falling help anything? By the time youre recovering from the swing they're already up the stairs again

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722478#Comment_722478

    Then explain wretched shop infinite which very much still exists. Also how does swinging while falling help anything? By the time youre recovering from the swing they're already up the stairs again

    Wretched Shop Isn’t an infinite. If you can eventually catch the survivor then it isn’t infinite.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722479#Comment_722479

    Wretched Shop Isn’t an infinite. If you can eventually catch the survivor then it isn’t infinite.

    You still waste alot of time chasing them, if that loop could go on forever without bloodlust and The Entity blocker, than it’s an infinite.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722479#Comment_722479

    Wretched Shop Isn’t an infinite. If you can eventually catch the survivor then it isn’t infinite.

    But you CANT catch them. Killers like plague cannot catch up to a wretched shop infinite

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722490#Comment_722490

    But you CANT catch them. Killers like plague cannot catch up to a wretched shop infinite

    You will catch them eventually, not saying it isn’t strong but it isn’t infinite.

    @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722490#Comment_722490

    You still waste alot of time chasing them, if that loop could go on forever without bloodlust and The Entity blocker, than it’s an infinite.

    Same goes to you

  • People thinking infinites exist in 2019. BTW that 'INFINITE' you seem to think exists on haddonfield can be mind gamed. Work on improving before coming and begging for nerfs.

  • @Usui said:

    People thinking infinites exist in 2019. BTW that 'INFINITE' you seem to think exists on haddonfield can be mind gamed. Work on improving before coming and begging for nerfs.

    Vaulting the window again is predictable. It won’t get mind gamed against good survivors.

  • I found out that the loop you were at, literally if the killer is 110% you don't need BL


    Found this out against a potato spirit

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722478#Comment_722478

    Then explain wretched shop infinite which very much still exists. Also how does swinging while falling help anything? By the time youre recovering from the swing they're already up the stairs again

    Try it next time you play killer. Try falling normally. Then try attacking in the direction you want to fall. The difference is so noticeable.

    This technique is also used by good Killers when entering the basement. Simply falling down the stairs, and swinging when you fall down the stairs will get you to the hook at different times.

    I use both bamboozle and this technique, so the haddonfield myers house isn't as daunting, but I would never recommend taking that chase unless you are clearly already winning the match.

    And wretched shop is not an infinite. It is another example of terrible design, but not an infinite.

  • @Usui said:

    People thinking infinites exist in 2019. BTW that 'INFINITE' you seem to think exists on haddonfield can be mind gamed. Work on improving before coming and begging for nerfs.

    In 2019, if a loop is so strong you’re better off walking away from it as Killer, that is a problem. The Killer Shack is annoying as is if someone knows how to loop it properly.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722518#Comment_722518

    In 2019, if a loop is so strong you’re better off walking away from it as Killer, that is a problem. The Killer Shack is annoying as is if someone knows how to loop it properly.

    It's not a loop. Also requires a very bad perk, balanced landing.

  • Welcome to the world of garbage map design. We hope you enjoy your stay.

    On a serious note, there's nothing you can do. Just hope the devs wise up and update these broken maps.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722436#Comment_722436

    Hahaha. Look, I don't care. Try it yourself next time you play killer on that map. It's not an infinite. You can catch up if you know what you are doing.

    Let me ask you a question: that doctor you ran forever, did he swing when falling? If you don't swing you probably won't catch up. I don't care how optimally you run it. Yes, you will you waste a good chunk of time, but if the killer knows what he is doing, you will be caught.

    There aren't any more infinites in the game.

    I would gladly run you in 1v1 for several minutes and proof you wrong, do you accept the challenge? Ofc I will record and upload our little funny match :)

  • @Usui said:

    People thinking infinites exist in 2019. BTW that 'INFINITE' you seem to think exists on haddonfield can be mind gamed. Work on improving before coming and begging for nerfs.

    1. you seem awfully rude
    2. It cant be mind gamed because of how easy it is to just wait inside the house, as soon as the killers red stain appears at either entrance just run back up stairs its that easy.
  • You sure? When Plague first came on PTB I got looped around it for 5 gens because Feng was able to just keep that distance and since the chase ends due to LOS ends quickly. I think as long as you start from a decent distance it can become an infinite if that makes sense. Its just a lot of chance I suppose.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722518#Comment_722518

    In 2019, if a loop is so strong you’re better off walking away from it as Killer, that is a problem. The Killer Shack is annoying as is if someone knows how to loop it properly.

    Thank you for defending me I appreciate it a lot!

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722478#Comment_722478

    I would gladly run you in 1v1 for several minutes and proof you wrong, do you accept the challenge? Ofc I will record and upload our little funny match :)

    I just said I don't care enough whether or not you believe me. Why would I bother 1v1'ing to prove something I know to be true? Do it yourself, as I said, and you'll get your proof there.

    Go ask your toxic doctor friend to run it with you, but teach him what I told you first. Good luck!

    @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722518#Comment_722518

    1. you seem awfully rude
    2. It cant be mind gamed because of how easy it is to just wait inside the house, as soon as the killers red stain appears at either entrance just run back up stairs its that easy.

    Good killers hide their red stain and do the falling technique I mentioned, but most of all, good Killers don't waste their time with that loop unless the game is already decided in their favor. But again..it isn't an infinite......

  • I just hard camp at Haddonfield. If you get caught on that map you deserve it.

  • Just got ran around haddonfield, played 5 games prior to that and was 4K every game. Haddonfield they all got away.


    They knew what they were doing, they used the Haddonfield offering, 3 of them had balanced landing and it was just a bunch of window jumping and running up stairs and vaulting. Rise and repeat.


    Told them once this map gets reworked they would need to get a lot better at this game and they just freaked out.


    I'm rank 6.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722557#Comment_722557

    I just said I don't care enough whether or not you believe me. Why would I bother 1v1'ing to prove something I know to be true? Do it yourself, as I said, and you'll get your proof there.

    Go ask your toxic doctor friend to run it with you, but teach him what I told you first. Good luck!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722565#Comment_722565

    Good killers hide their red stain and do the falling technique I mentioned, but most of all, good Killers don't waste their time with that loop unless the game is already decided in their favor. But again..it isn't an infinite......

    Ahh, It's always the same pattern for people like you. First claim something, then the "try it out by yourself it works" argument and then finally when you challenge them they run away like chickens.

    Thank you for silently proofing my point. You just versed survivors who are bad, someone of my caliber or even better will run you forever.

    Cheers

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722297#Comment_722297

    Then those survivors just run straight to the house. Man I always try to be unbiased when it comes to this game but survivors have it so easy on haddonfield.

    around the houses tho, there are alot of straights, long fences/walls. killer always catches up.

  • Double back when you vault on window :)

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722599#Comment_722599

    Ahh, It's always the same pattern for people like you. First claim something, then the "try it out by yourself it works" argument and then finally when you challenge them they run away like chickens.

    Thank you for silently proofing my point. You just versed survivors who are bad, someone of my caliber or even better will run you forever.

    Cheers

    Mate, I don't mean to sound harsh, but I get absolutely nothing out of proving to you what actual good players already know about the game.

    You claim you would run me forever, but the actual mechanics of the game and the way you are talking like you think you know what you are talking about (when you clearly don't) show me that a player of your caliber is probably just a perennial purple rank player who eventually finds his way to red ranks by the end of the month, beating noob killers, and when you finally run into an actual killer (hint: it's me) and get decimated, you blame teammates.

    That Haddonfield house is not an infinite. Did you even know that attacking while falling gets you closer to the survivor than simply falling? If you have been at red ranks and facing actual good players for any length of time you should know that. And if you understand that (pretty basic thing) you should also know that doing that makes this infinite you seem to think still exists in the game, nonexistant. Throw in bamboozle and even the absolute most optimal course you take will be caught.

    Please learn the basic game mechanics (distances, movement) before bringing false information onto the forums.

    Again, it NOT an infinite, but it does need to be changed because it is a pretty mindless loop that takes too long to break. Why is this common knowledge even being discussed?

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722622#Comment_722622

    Mate, I don't mean to sound harsh, but I get absolutely nothing out of proving to you what actual good players already know about the game.

    You claim you would run me forever, but the actual mechanics of the game and the way you are talking like you think you know what you are talking about (when you clearly don't) show me that a player of your caliber is probably just a perennial purple rank player who eventually finds his way to red ranks by the end of the month, beating noob killers, and when you finally run into an actual killer (hint: it's me) and get decimated, you blame teammates.

    That Haddonfield house is not an infinite. Did you even know that attacking while falling gets you closer to the survivor than simply falling? If you have been at red ranks and facing actual good players for any length of time you should know that. And if you understand that (pretty basic thing) you should also know that doing that makes this infinite you seem to think still exists in the game, nonexistant. Throw in bamboozle and even the absolute most optimal course you take will be caught.

    Please learn the basic game mechanics (distances, movement) before bringing false information onto the forums.

    Again, it NOT an infinite, but it does need to be changed because it is a pretty mindless loop that takes too long to break. Why is this common knowledge even being discussed?

    Does video evidence of your claims exist somewhere?

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722622#Comment_722622

    Mate, I don't mean to sound harsh, but I get absolutely nothing out of proving to you what actual good players already know about the game.

    You claim you would run me forever, but the actual mechanics of the game and the way you are talking like you think you know what you are talking about (when you clearly don't) show me that a player of your caliber is probably just a perennial purple rank player who eventually finds his way to red ranks by the end of the month, beating noob killers, and when you finally run into an actual killer (hint: it's me) and get decimated, you blame teammates.

    That Haddonfield house is not an infinite. Did you even know that attacking while falling gets you closer to the survivor than simply falling? If you have been at red ranks and facing actual good players for any length of time you should know that. And if you understand that (pretty basic thing) you should also know that doing that makes this infinite you seem to think still exists in the game, nonexistant. Throw in bamboozle and even the absolute most optimal course you take will be caught.

    Please learn the basic game mechanics (distances, movement) before bringing false information onto the forums.

    Again, it NOT an infinite, but it does need to be changed because it is a pretty mindless loop that takes too long to break. Why is this common knowledge even being discussed?

    I just read the first sentence and ask myself rn: why giving this wall of text then? You really think I will read that after not accepting the challenge. Actions speak louder than words. Lets show the community how you can not get looped for minutes instead of talking and talking. But you know exactly that it only worked against potatoes you versed, that's the reason why you are afraid to accept it and search for excuses.

  • My heart always sinks when I see a SWF group load in and then the haddonfield offering gets burned, because you know every single one of them will have balanced landing.

    Honestly map design just needs some work in general because BL is down right busted on some maps while being 100% useless on others.

‹ 1 2