A way to get rid of soap in a new patch.

We find the file engine.ini, located here - C: \ Users \ YOUR ACCOUNT NAME \ AppData \ Local \ DeadByDaylight \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsNoEditor "

Open file and paste these lines there and save:

[/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0


Done, no more soap.

Comments

  • Thanks! Not sure if it is an issue on PS4.

  • As much sweat there is in the game, getting rid of soap might not be the right call.

  • What if I want to be squeaky clean?

  • But isn't this technically altering game files? I thought that would earn a permanent ban for such a thing @Peanits is this okay or can you get banned?

  • @Kasaki said:

    But isn't this technically altering game files? I thought that would earn a permanent ban for such a thing @Peanits is this okay or can you get banned?

    It's an ini file.

  • Not sure what that is lol I have a PC but I don't get into all the game files and such or try to alter anything I just play it the way it comes so forgive me if it's something small and I'm misunderstanding , I just don't want to try something that will get me permanent banned

  • @Kasaki said:

    But isn't this technically altering game files? I thought that would earn a permanent ban for such a thing @Peanits is this okay or can you get banned?

    They wont ban you for editing a INI file the only thing you can get banned for is touching animation files and outfit files from what EAC has said.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709568#Comment_709568

    They wont ban you for editing a INI file the only thing you can get banned for is touching animation files and outfit files from what EAC has said.

    Ok thanks for clarifying, I don't touch the files anyway but better safe than sorry if I ever decide to

  • Hahah young'uns these days don't even know what an .ini file is.

    Anyway this didn't work. I tried seting Game.Ini to "Read Only" as well but it didn't work.


    **** Oh wait siilly me I'm an idiot. It's ENGINE.INI not Game.ini


    All is well in the world now. Thanks!

  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709572#Comment_709572

    Not sure what that is lol I have a PC but I don't get into all the game files and such or try to alter anything I just play it the way it comes so forgive me if it's something small and I'm misunderstanding , I just don't want to try something that will get me permanent banned

    An ini file is just a config file, where various game settings are stored (graphics quality, mouse sensitivity, that kind of thing). It is human-readable and editable, and no reasonable developer would ever try to ban a user over editing such a file, since there's no way to cheat here. In fact, the only reasn this particular ini file (WindowsNoEditor) ever comes up is because you can manually tweak certain settings -- such as frame rate and anti-aliasing -- that really ought to be shown to the player in the game's actual config menu, but aren't for whatever reason.

    EAC triggers, and any kind of disciplinary action on Behaviour's part, would hinge on altering critical game files in order to gain an advantage. This is way different than just editing a config file.

  • @Mochan said:

    Hahah young'uns these days don't even know what an .ini file is.

    Anyway this didn't work. I tried seting Game.Ini to "Read Only" as well but it didn't work.

    You did wrong. Reread carefully the first line and pay attention to what file needs to be changed. It works and not only for me.

  • I would like to confirm this actually worked thank you for making this post the mods really should pin this it actually helped fix the blurry problem.


    Although you should make sure to include people need to type %localappdata% in not just %appdata% some people probably dont know the difference.

  • if you want the full package here it is :

    you can fix it by adding those line to engine.ini

    [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    if you want the full package here it is :

    you can fix it by adding those line to engine.ini

    [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    Almost all lines relate to light and shadows. What does it have to do with it? Is that for those who want to degrade the graphics in the game.

  • @Peanits @not_Queen @Patricia Its something bannable? the game is unwatchable right now i cant play more than 2 games

  • @Mochan said:

    Hahah young'uns these days don't even know what an .ini file is.

    Anyway this didn't work. I tried seting Game.Ini to "Read Only" as well but it didn't work.

    Lol far from a young'un my dude , if being close to 40 is young than I guess thanks? Haha 😂😂 I'm just not into computer files and such, I can use a computer but when we get into coding and altering files leave me out !

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Soap???

    A substance used for washing and cleansing purposes, usually made by treating a fat with an alkali, as sodium or potassium hydroxide, and consisting chiefly of the sodium or potassium salts of the acids contained in the fat.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709576#Comment_709576

    An ini file is just a config file, where various game settings are stored (graphics quality, mouse sensitivity, that kind of thing). It is human-readable and editable, and no reasonable developer would ever try to ban a user over editing such a file, since there's no way to cheat here. In fact, the only reasn this particular ini file (WindowsNoEditor) ever comes up is because you can manually tweak certain settings -- such as frame rate and anti-aliasing -- that really ought to be shown to the player in the game's actual config menu, but aren't for whatever reason.

    EAC triggers, and any kind of disciplinary action on Behaviour's part, would hinge on altering critical game files in order to gain an advantage. This is way different than just editing a config file.

    Very well explained, nothing more to add honestly.

  • @go1gotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709628#Comment_709628

    Almost all lines relate to light and shadows. What does it have to do with it? Is that for those who want to degrade the graphics in the game.

    try it you will enjoy the cleanliness of the graphics. It's also a lot smoother overall including skillchecks

  • Soap? What is going on the pc version? Is it on ps4 too?

  • Can someone please explain to me what Soap is? I’m confused.

  • @Watery said:

    Can someone please explain to me what Soap is? I’m confused.

    Soap is often called a blurred and not clear image in the game due to some effects. I am surprised that someone does not know this. 

  • @go1gotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710131#Comment_710131

    Soap is often called a blurred and not clear image in the game due to some effects. I am surprised that someone does not know this. 

    I’m not exactly too familiar with graphics and stuff.

    Simply put, not the brightest when it comes to this subject.

  • Thank you kindly for this. My eyes got so darn strained from the blurryness after this update. So this is a lifesaver!

  • This is greatly appreciated. Thank you kind sir or ma'am (I don't discriminate, it's 2019 after all).

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709636#Comment_709636

    A substance used for washing and cleansing purposes, usually made by treating a fat with an alkali, as sodium or potassium hydroxide, and consisting chiefly of the sodium or potassium salts of the acids contained in the fat.

    What's it got to do with dbd game files?...

  • NOT SOAP AGAIN!

    HE DIED IN MW BUT I WON'T LET HIM DIE IN DBD


    Also, what is soap?

  • How to do on PS4??? !!

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709636#Comment_709636

    A substance used for washing and cleansing purposes, usually made by treating a fat with an alkali, as sodium or potassium hydroxide, and consisting chiefly of the sodium or potassium salts of the acids contained in the fat.

    Omg I'm dying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    I needed that @Mr_K ty

  • @Snapshot said:

    How to do on PS4??? !!

    We can't... Buuut you can give feedback to bhvr they literally have a thread asking about these very issues. Below is the link...

    @PatBrutal said:

    Hello everyone,

    I will need your help about the issue regarding the graphic on PS4.

    Please answer these questions below. Once I have enough feedback I will provide all the information to the team.

    1. Does the low graphic/blurry happens on PS4 PRO or " NORMAL " PS4 also.
    2. If possible provide us some in-game pictures and also in the lobby (After and Before the issue)
    3. How is your performance on PS4 PRO
    4. How is your performance on a "NORMAL" PS4

    Thank you :)