New "fix"

Hello,

I read the new patchnotes and saw this:

  • Adjusted the matchmaking logic so that Survive With Friends groups are matched using the highest rank of all players in the group (instead of the average). The 3.2.0 patch introduced an issue that caused Survive With Friends group matchmaking to be skewed towards Rank 20, which is also fixed with this change.

So, the goal of the game is, that new players get rekt?

I guess the game lives (like any other game) from players get invited by friends.

This "fix" will break the game for new players.

When are people going to learn, that swf means playing with friends. SWF does not mean, that the team is good :'D

Not everyone likes it to play alone.

So it's evil to have friends I guess..

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708570#Comment_708570

    The patch notes imply that what you're suggesting was already the way it was being done.

    "Adjusted the matchmaking logic so that Survive With Friends groups are matched using the highest rank of all players in the group (instead of the average)."

    I assume you didn't read it properly then; this is because it was bugging to give a very low rank killer, as it went by the lowest rank player rather than the average.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708570#Comment_708570

    Three rank 1s and a rank 20 would destroy a rank 7/8 killer. The rank 20 will be a smurf account anyway.

    I mean they don't destroy me and I'm a rank 7 killer?

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708582#Comment_708582

    I assume you didn't read it properly then; this is because it was bugging to give a very low rank killer, as it went by the lowest rank player rather than the average.

    I'm talking about before matchmaking broke in half, when people were still being paired up as such to a certain (albeit lesser) degree.

  • Its frustrating, but does any of this really matter when de-ranking is so damn easy and common?

    People that want to stomp on lesser skilled players will still just derank.

  • This is a great change we should praise devs for it.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708511#Comment_708511

    The problem is that if you fix the issue, it is at lower rank Survivors' expense, but if you don't, it is at lower rank Killers' expense. At some point, you have to decide who bites the bullet: The people who choose to team up together despite the sizeable gap in rank, or the person who doesn't really get a say in being matched up against them.

    That's why I said they should have just change the matchmaking to pick a killer rank above the average.

    Don't get me wrong, I play both sides and I know what it feels like to face red rank swf with OoO as yellow rank killer. This should obviously never happen.

    I just think to only choose the highest rank in the lobby is also wrong. If you want to get a new friend into the game, you also have to look after them and help them a little out (and I don't mean to carry them, but explaining the basic stuff, show them how to use pallets, they will mess up skill checks, no chance against hex:ruin, etc.).

    So if I'm in red ranks and have a low rank friend (let's say yellow), I think a killer in purple rank would be a good match for all sides. The killer would get some kills for sure and the survivor side also can get a few blood points and no one will get depression.

    And I still ask myself, what rank would the randoms have? If I only play with my yellow rank friend, is there a chance that we also get yellow rank randoms? This would be crazy...

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708532#Comment_708532

    That's why I said they should have just change the matchmaking to pick a killer rank above the average.

    Don't get me wrong, I play both sides and I know what it feels like to face red rank swf with OoO as yellow rank killer. This should obviously never happen.

    I just think to only choose the highest rank in the lobby is also wrong. If you want to get a new friend into the game, you also have to look after them and help them a little out (and I don't mean to carry them, but explaining the basic stuff, show them how to use pallets, they will mess up skill checks, no chance against hex:ruin, etc.).

    So if I'm in red ranks and have a low rank friend (let's say yellow), I think a killer in purple rank would be a good match for all sides. The killer would get some kills for sure and the survivor side also can get a few blood points and no one will get depression.

    And I still ask myself, what rank would the randoms have? If I only play with my yellow rank friend, is there a chance that we also get yellow rank randoms? This would be crazy...

    That's called finding the average, and according to the patch notes, that's pretty much how the system was before matchmaking was all screwy. Killers were still being matched up at times in very unreasonable situation simply because of the gap in rank between the SWF.

    And as for the randoms, that I would not know.

  • @MisterCremaster said:

    Its frustrating, but does any of this really matter when de-ranking is so damn easy and common?

    People that want to stomp on lesser skilled players will still just derank.

    It's an important step towards making exploiting rank more difficult. Many survivors don't necessarily do it to bully but they will discuss who is the lowest rank survivor to form the lobby. This fix will at least eliminate that.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708532#Comment_708532

    That's why I said they should have just change the matchmaking to pick a killer rank above the average.

    Don't get me wrong, I play both sides and I know what it feels like to face red rank swf with OoO as yellow rank killer. This should obviously never happen.

    I just think to only choose the highest rank in the lobby is also wrong. If you want to get a new friend into the game, you also have to look after them and help them a little out (and I don't mean to carry them, but explaining the basic stuff, show them how to use pallets, they will mess up skill checks, no chance against hex:ruin, etc.).

    So if I'm in red ranks and have a low rank friend (let's say yellow), I think a killer in purple rank would be a good match for all sides. The killer would get some kills for sure and the survivor side also can get a few blood points and no one will get depression.

    And I still ask myself, what rank would the randoms have? If I only play with my yellow rank friend, is there a chance that we also get yellow rank randoms? This would be crazy...

    I believe the random will be selected independently of the SWF. After all, they get less benefit from the others being SWF.

    1 red rank survivor in an SWF with 2 rank 10s should enter a lobby with a rank 1 solo survivor and a rank 1 killer (dependent on availability)

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller I agree. It'll help. I feel like a broken record here, but I think they should just get rid of de-pipping altogether. If a killer wants to stay at the lower ranks, they can wait until reset, and then play a more casual game.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708532#Comment_708532

    That's why I said they should have just change the matchmaking to pick a killer rank above the average.

    Don't get me wrong, I play both sides and I know what it feels like to face red rank swf with OoO as yellow rank killer. This should obviously never happen.

    I just think to only choose the highest rank in the lobby is also wrong. If you want to get a new friend into the game, you also have to look after them and help them a little out (and I don't mean to carry them, but explaining the basic stuff, show them how to use pallets, they will mess up skill checks, no chance against hex:ruin, etc.).

    So if I'm in red ranks and have a low rank friend (let's say yellow), I think a killer in purple rank would be a good match for all sides. The killer would get some kills for sure and the survivor side also can get a few blood points and no one will get depression.

    And I still ask myself, what rank would the randoms have? If I only play with my yellow rank friend, is there a chance that we also get yellow rank randoms? This would be crazy...

    Play with your friend during rank reset..... EZ..... red rank survivors going against anything other then a red rank killer is a cake walk... whether their trying to mentor a noobie or just looking to bully they should be going against their own rank...

  • @Fynexx said:

    @anarchy753

    I get what you want to say.

    But you forget, I play with friends because they are my friends and we want to have FUN together. Not to destroy low ranks.

    Although I can get with this, this is 1 group out of the many that are in it to bully killers. I play a 2 man SWF almost regularly and the occasional 3 and 4 man. With this matchmaking bug, we monitor how the killer plays and if we notice they are really bad 2 of us will sacrifice ourselves.

    Now that's my group, we play for fun and no toxicity. We meme with the killers with 4 head-ons and just look at them nodding. We might play 4 OoO with Blendette because you know you can stealth so easily with Object and then sacrifice ourselves at the end. Sometimes we take the game seriously and escape but we still don't play toxic at all.

    Your group seems similar, you want to have a good laugh and not be toxic to the baby killers, which I appreciate greatly because toxicity only breeds toxicity and it's never healthy for a community.

    But you can blame the many SWF groups that purposefully used low ranking friends to bully new killers. Sure you might be getting punished for it with the new system, but when lets say 70% of SWFs abuse this then clearly it's in the devs best interest for the long run to fix the 70% of SWFs abusing and screw over the 30% because 70% is much greater. These are not exact numbers but just an examples.

    But you also need to remember the killers are human not some AI without feelings or not wanting to have fun. Sure you might find it fun to go against new killers and you wont see the issue with it, but the new killer might get so frustrated with it. You need to look at the other perspective before commenting, just because you want fun with friends, doesn't mean the killer has to suffer just for your fun.

  • @Fynexx If you would quit as a new player after dying every 2 minutes in a MP game


    How have you even made it this far in the MP scene? Because that's the exact experience of most new players

  • The best perk in this game is communication. Communication over voice makes tons of perks just useless with the use of voice comms like kindred, bond, etc and other perks better like prove thyself since you can communicate to which gen you’re working on.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708532#Comment_708532

    That's why I said they should have just change the matchmaking to pick a killer rank above the average.

    Don't get me wrong, I play both sides and I know what it feels like to face red rank swf with OoO as yellow rank killer. This should obviously never happen.

    I just think to only choose the highest rank in the lobby is also wrong. If you want to get a new friend into the game, you also have to look after them and help them a little out (and I don't mean to carry them, but explaining the basic stuff, show them how to use pallets, they will mess up skill checks, no chance against hex:ruin, etc.).

    So if I'm in red ranks and have a low rank friend (let's say yellow), I think a killer in purple rank would be a good match for all sides. The killer would get some kills for sure and the survivor side also can get a few blood points and no one will get depression.

    And I still ask myself, what rank would the randoms have? If I only play with my yellow rank friend, is there a chance that we also get yellow rank randoms? This would be crazy...

    I think opening up a KYF lobby, equipping Hex: Ruin, and telling them "go practice hitting skill checks" would be one of the best things you could do to help a friend who's new to the game. You could show them a lot of the basics in KYF.

    The next thing BHVR needs to do is let players create solo KYF lobbies. I'd like to practice hitting Ruin skill checks without having to get someone else involved. (Before anyone posts a link to a site for practicing hitting skill checks: I'm on PS4. It's a different animal.)

  • *adjusted controller sensitivity to 0 instead of 100%"*

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708253#Comment_708253

    Putting aside that you're way off the mark with this one: why SHOULD a new Survivor win against a new Killer?

    Honestly it should be a coin toss because they're both new, but I will say I disagree with anyone below rank 15 being allowed in SWF they should have to learn on their own through the noob ranks just so they have a better understanding of the game and not having two red rank survivors carrying the whole team, nothing is more frustrating to me than having survivors get to high ranks by being carried and then they have no idea what BBQ is or don't know what exposed means, These are the people ruining solo play because then they play solo after getting carried and DC five seconds into the game after being hit once 🙄

  • If you're queuing with a friend who is much higher rank, I imagine that would mean you accept the risk of having to deal with more capable killers.

    What would you have them do, match groups like this against low-ranked killers that can then get bullied? How is that any more fair? In this situation, the survivors have some control over it (whereas a killer would not). The solution is to either accept the risk, or to not queue with someone with a wildly different rank.


  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708265#Comment_708265

    Honestly it should be a coin toss because they're both new, but I will say I disagree with anyone below rank 15 being allowed in SWF they should have to learn on their own through the noob ranks just so they have a better understanding of the game and not having two red rank survivors carrying the whole team, nothing is more frustrating to me than having survivors get to high ranks by being carried and then they have no idea what BBQ is or don't know what exposed means, These are the people ruining solo play because then they play solo after getting carried and DC five seconds into the game after being hit once 🙄

    And a survivor in rank 1 with a friend in rank 13 can only play with a killer in rank 1? Do you think they can survive? Do you think another solo survivor in rank 3 won't lobby dodge when he see it?

  • @joan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709409#Comment_709409

    And a survivor in rank 1 with a friend in rank 13 can only play with a killer in rank 1? Do you think they can survive? Do you think another solo survivor in rank 3 won't lobby dodge when he see it?

    It's fine for a rank 1 survivor to face a rank 13 killer?

  • @joan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709409#Comment_709409

    And a survivor in rank 1 with a friend in rank 13 can only play with a killer in rank 1? Do you think they can survive? Do you think another solo survivor in rank 3 won't lobby dodge when he see it?

    Hey if that's what they choose to do that's on them I don't condone dodging but certainly don't blame them in such a case but if you're a rank 13 you've played enough to understand how the game is supposed to work and if you aren't ready for the challenge don't play with a red rank it's as simple as that and if you don't want a 13 in your red rank lobby then leave the lobby no one is forcing you to play with the yellow ranks

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "B-But how will I teach my newbie friends how to play as I run around this newbie killer for 7 minutes while they just do generators???"

    Seriously. Go into KYF, teach them the basics, then let them play themselves, and coach them. This is what we did with my brother when he was new. We immediately went up against red rank killers. He understood what he was getting into. He was able to hold his own in a chase against a red rank killer. Didn't even have more than 25 hours. Why? Because we taught him how to survive properly and gave him the knowledge, experience, and lessons to survive. All that was left was execution. He very nearly went from rank 20 to rank 1 in a little more than a week as a solo survivor thanks to what we taught him and his willingness to learn. No needing to bully newbie killers was needed.

    If you're trying to teach your friend how to fish by fishing for them, then you're doing it wrong and are a horrible teacher. How the hell is anybody supposed to learn if you never actually teach them and you do 90% of the work?

    Your top quote is exactly why anyone under rank 15 shouldnt be allowed in swf, you should have to learn the game on your own to unlock the game mode as a reward for getting out of the noob ranks on your own

1 2 ›