Why Chapter 14th IS gonna be a Jason one. (useless post since chapter 14th is the oni)

first of all... why I think the new killer is gonna be licensed (again)? Because its a one killer but no survivor and no map, it wouldnt make sense to do a original chapter but only killer, so my guess it is that we are gonna recieve a license one.


Now... Why a Jason one? Why not Pinhead? or why not chucky?

  • He is one of the most iconic and expensive licenses because of the lawsuit, so they would just get Jason but expensive af.
  • I remember one day on Morf's stream I asked if it is possible to get Jason, and @Peanits answered: "Nothing its impossible" and thats the thing, they never say a straight up NO (like they did with the jeepers creepers license)
  • Why not chucky? because he doesnt really fits in Dead By Daylight, I mean, they did a new skelleton for The Demogorgon, but he fits in the game lorewise and gameplaywise, and I think chucky desierves a own game
  • Why not Pinhead?: Lets be real, Pinhead is not THAT iconic like how is jason (maybe because the 166362 films that he has) Also, Pinhead doesnt really chase, h just use cenobites, a lot... so how they are gonna manage to do a lot of controlable characters on only one killer? I dont think they would, Im not saying they will never add Pinhead, but i feel like Jason will be first.


Friday the 13th The game:

  • Friday the 13th the game doesnt own all jasons in the series, there is the reboot and the Freddy Vs. Jason version (Which surprisley its the same producers (Platinum Dunes) who did A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010 reboot (the license that we got in the game).
  • That game is dead, no more updates, so Dead By Daylight might buy the license.


So if we really get Jason... what version should be get?

  • I really think the 2009 version its gonna be the indicated for the game, it fits perfectly and he would bring skins (The Sackhead)


And finally... the thing everyone is gonna say; "the Trapper is Jason".

  • yeah and Hillbilly is Leatherface and we have both, same with legion and Ghostface, and the same could happen with the clown and Pennywise or Wraith and predator, So thats not really a problem, Im gonna leave a power idea that would really fit Jason from the 2009 movie.


Jason Power Idea:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86990/chapter-14th-jason-idea#latest



If you have something to say... pls leave it on the comments and be respectful:)

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687630#Comment_687630

    Well, this is just plain wrong. Friday the 13Th The Game shows was kind of things would be doable. As well as MKX.

    Teleporting would be on the table. In the realm of the movies, it's never shown to be 100% true. But, sense he does find his victims so easily, it's a power both Friday the 13Th the Game and MKX gave him as a sort of spoof on it. So, yeah, I could totally see Jason teleporting similar to Freddy in DBD. It would fit.

    Also, both games work on the fact that he can't die and is resistant to attacks. He can come back form the dead in MKX, even loosing all his health, and in Friday the 13Th the game he can never die unless a ritual is performed. Otherwise, he can only be stunned. So, maybe DBD could essentially give Jason a built in enduring that the actually enduring could stock on top of even more. Make pallets just bounce off Jason because physical attacks mean nothing to.

    Maybe give him something like Myers where he could M1 Mori people if he achieves a strong task; such as Myers having to stalk a lot of people with the correct add on. To show that Jason can kill people easily.

    If you want to reaaaaly go out there for Jason, look at Jason Takes Manhattan. We have adult Jason and boy Jason. Maybe Jason (who by Jason Goes to Hell is essentually a 'meat ghost') could leave boy Jason behind as a husk and them roam around like the Killer named Spirit can. Instead of being a 'alt Trapper' Jason can be an 'alt Spirit.'

    Or, for the 2009 film, you could just give him traps like the trapper.

    Jason has had so many powers over the many films that the difficulty isn't finding a power for him; the difficulty is what to cut his powers back to so that he'd actually be fair. Jason is to horror what Super Man is to comics. He manifests whatever power each particular sequel needs him to have.

    Or, in short, he's unkillable, can be wherever a Survivor is at will, has bare traps, has throwing knives (think Huntress) and can distract people with a husk of his young self left behind (like Spirit's husk.) All of which and more canon to the films.

    He could even turn into a demon worm and posses people from Jason Goes to Hell if they really wanted to.

    Again, M1 killer. There is nothing that Jason does that would lend to anything else for attacks. Sure, throw in a shadow step to another part of the map. He is still an M1 killer.

    Does not change the fact that I think he would be much less enjoyable or creative than several other options.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687328#Comment_687328

    Seriously, what are they going to give Jason beyond a machete?! Have you watched the 13 plus movies? I have seen them all. No super power here, just keeps coming and swings a machete. M1 all the way. The ignorance is in not understanding the source material.

    I have only read up to this point but if you are going to insult someone's understanding of "source material", you should probably have a solid grasp yourself:

    One of Jasons chief abilities is some sort of unacknowledged teleportation ability (though in fairness, even to call it that feels wrong).

    Prime example: in part VIII, with the teacher in the alley after they reach Manhattan (if you need me to elaborate you probably need to re-assess your own knowledge of the "source material".)

    Additiionally, you could argue that "he didn't alway s have those 'powers'" and you would be incorrect. His powers grew as the series unfolded and really only became supernatural in the 6-7 transition (which would make a great survivor +perks...part vii I mean!)

    It could also be argued that during parts 1,2 and 3 where {SPOILER ALERT LOL} The killer is his human mom and then just him as a grown up, that he is able to accomplish some very supernatural tasks (is killing and planting bodies while being undetected). If you aren't sure what I mean, rewatch those first 3 and try to figure out how a human could accomp!ish those things.

    TL;dr if they can make ghost face a killer, Jason has a wealth of abilities to draw from..UNLESS they pull from the remake....in which case, yes you are right. He's a psycho w a machete, but PLEASE don't tell me you are arguing in this thread and are only familiar with the reboot...Nobody wants reboot Jason the same way nobody really wanted reboot freddy

  • Man I wish we would get Candyman. The reboot with Tony Todd is on the way and it just makes sense. Hook weapon. Bees for a power. Come on BVHR!

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    Man I wish we would get Candyman. The reboot with Tony Todd is on the way and it just makes sense. Hook weapon. Bees for a power. Come on BVHR!

    While I haven't seen it yet,I know I don't want reboot candyman....but original candyman???

    YES....WOULD BUY.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Slender man is an urban legend isn't he? If he is then he can't be licensed.

    I wonder if they'll do the terminator as a killer as deathgarden got a terminator hunter. Maybe they're an easy to approach license holder.

    The original creator of the mythos named Eric Knudsen owns the rights to Slenderman. He is copyrighted. The developers of an upcoming game called Terrordrome 2 tried to speak with him to get the license, but were turned down. So they had to make a copy called Neverman.

  • @Attackfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687630#Comment_687630

    I have only read up to this point but if you are going to insult someone's understanding of "source material", you should probably have a solid grasp yourself:

    One of Jasons chief abilities is some sort of unacknowledged teleportation ability (though in fairness, even to call it that feels wrong).

    Prime example: in part VIII, with the teacher in the alley after they reach Manhattan (if you need me to elaborate you probably need to re-assess your own knowledge of the "source material".)

    Additiionally, you could argue that "he didn't alway s have those 'powers'" and you would be incorrect. His powers grew as the series unfolded and really only became supernatural in the 6-7 transition (which would make a great survivor +perks...part vii I mean!)

    It could also be argued that during parts 1,2 and 3 where {SPOILER ALERT LOL} The killer is his human mom and then just him as a grown up, that he is able to accomplish some very supernatural tasks (is killing and planting bodies while being undetected). If you aren't sure what I mean, rewatch those first 3 and try to figure out how a human could accomp!ish those things.

    TL;dr if they can make ghost face a killer, Jason has a wealth of abilities to draw from..UNLESS they pull from the remake....in which case, yes you are right. He's a psycho w a machete, but PLEASE don't tell me you are arguing in this thread and are only familiar with the reboot...Nobody wants reboot Jason the same way nobody really wanted reboot freddy

    Holy crapan, you should really try reading the whole thing before posting. I actually mention teleporting. At no point am I insulting anyone. I have seen every Friday the 13th movie, and have seen nothing viable in them that brings anything new to the game. (As mentioned above, hypnotizing survivors is not viable.)

    I also say that IMO (again, my opinion) Jason is a bad fit for DbD. At the essence of his character is a big, strong dude that can't be killed. No DbD killer can be killed in game. We already have several teleporting killers, and Jason would have no special form of attack. At best, he'd have a mori like Shape.

    Done with this thread. My response will not change. Jason would be boring for DbD.

  • The CandyMan needs to be in the game because we need a Hook Killer


    Totally not because I'm going to pretend he's a Pirate. That's totally not the reason




    Why are you all looking at me like that?

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691204#Comment_691204

    Holy crapan, you should really try reading the whole thing before posting. I actually mention teleporting. At no point am I insulting anyone. I have seen every Friday the 13th movie, and have seen nothing viable in them that brings anything new to the game. (As mentioned above, hypnotizing survivors is not viable.)

    I also say that IMO (again, my opinion) Jason is a bad fit for DbD. At the essence of his character is a big, strong dude that can't be killed. No DbD killer can be killed in game. We already have several teleporting killers, and Jason would have no special form of attack. At best, he'd have a mori like Shape.

    Done with this thread. My response will not change. Jason would be boring for DbD.

    At some.point, killer powers will have to be variations of existing powers within the confines of this game. His teleportation could work similar to freddy's...more.object based (vs nurses).

    He might be boring for you, but then I think ghost face and demo gorgon are boring (and didn't buy). I would but Jason in a heart beat.

    I am very certain a Jason dlc would sell, but at this point it seems like license and costs outweigh the money it may generate. I would bet my hat that is the main reason he isn't here already.

  • @BlueFang said:

    The CandyMan needs to be in the game because we need a Hook Killer

    Totally not because I'm going to pretend he's a Pirate. That's totally not the reason

    Why are you all looking at me like that?

    If he doesn't say "Be my victim" after hooking a survivor I would riot

  • I was hoping Friday The 13th would be the Chapter 13 DLC, but than came Stranger Things. So, hopefully we will get him at least as a DLC Paragraph; otherwise, it's wishful thinking.

  • F13 is frozen. We literally CANNOT get any new F13 stuff.

  • My ideas for Jason's first three Perks:

    Kill For Mommy: Speed increased by 15 percent and every first hit per Survivor knocks them down instead of with two hits.

    Never Hike Alone: Always sees the Aura and trail of one lonely Survivor as long as they remain separate from the others.

    Totem Trap: One random Totem is actually a Bear Trap in disguise. NOTE: This Perk can only work for Killers who are known to use Bear Traps, such as Jason Voorhees and The Trapper ; however, The Huntress also appears to be able to use this Perk as well.

  • What possible reason would BHVR have to get in the legal debacle that ruined the F13 The Game. I would stay as far away from Jason as possible.

  • What if We one day get Dracula, Van Helsing and Transylvania Castle as a DLC Chapter?

  • Name: The Slasher

    Power: Revenge

    You have the ability to switch into stealth mode and in stealth mode you are able to stalk survivors to build up your power. You get out of stealth mode by getting into a chase or the timer runs out which will start a cool down before you can go into stealth mode again.

    If you stalk a survivor for long enough, you will go into rampage mode. Rampage mode will let you walk through and destroy pallets and windows. Rampage mode makes it to where damaging a gen will make it regress 2x faster than normal. Rampage mode will make your terror radius map wide and scratch marks are closer together like predator. Rampage will also make it to where the survivor stalked by Jason will have their scratch marks appear if they are walking. Rampage mode will be shut down if the timer runs out or you walk through 3 objects. Windows destroyed by rampage mode will come back after a minute. Rampage timer lasts for a minute.

    (Does not afflict the exposed status effect)

    It might be a little broken but I wanted to give Jason the stalk ability while also giving the effect of a strong monster

  • @Penny said:

    first of all... why I think the new killer is gonna be licensed (again)? Because its a one killer but no survivor and no map, it wouldnt make sense to do a original chapter but only killer, so my guess it is that we are gonna recieve a license one.

    Now... Why a Jason one? Why not Pinhead? or why not chucky?

    • He is one of the most iconic and expensive licenses because of the lawsuit, so they would just get Jason but expensive af.
    • I remember one day on Morf's stream I asked if it is possible to get Jason, and @Peanits answered: "Nothing its impossible" and thats the thing, they never say a straight up NO (like they did with the jeepers creepers license)
    • Why not chucky? because he doesnt really fits in Dead By Daylight, I mean, they did a new skelleton for The Demogorgon, but he fits in the game lorewise and gameplaywise, and I think chucky desierves a own game
    • Why not Pinhead?: Lets be real, Pinhead is not THAT iconic like how is jason (maybe because the 166362 films that he has) Also, Pinhead doesnt really chase, h just use cenobites, a lot... so how they are gonna manage to do a lot of controlable characters on only one killer? I dont think they would, Im not saying they will never add Pinhead, but i feel like Jason will be first.

    Friday the 13th The game:

    • Friday the 13th the game doesnt own all jasons in the series, there is the reboot and the Freddy Vs. Jason version (Which surprisley its the same producers (Platinum Dunes) who did A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010 reboot (the license that we got in the game).
    • That game is dead, no more updates, so Dead By Daylight might buy the license.

    So if we really get Jason... what version should be get?

    • I really think the 2009 version its gonna be the indicated for the game, it fits perfectly and he would bring skins (The Sackhead)

    And finally... the thing everyone is gonna say; "the Trapper is Jason".

    • yeah and Hillbilly is Leatherface and we have both, same with legion and Ghostface, and the same could happen with the clown and Pennywise or Wraith and predator, So thats not really a problem, Im gonna leave a power idea that would really fit Jason from the 2009 movie.

    Jason Power Idea:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86990/chapter-14th-jason-idea#latest

    If you have something to say... pls leave it on the comments and be respectful:)

    Imagine chunky being In the game. How is a surivior meant to take him seriously when he isn't even half their height. Don't even get me started on how stupid it would look to see a baby killer downing u then picking u up lmao. How would he even reach the hook? Not to mention how stupid the chase would look like.

  • @Penny said:

    first of all... why I think the new killer is gonna be licensed (again)? Because its a one killer but no survivor and no map, it wouldnt make sense to do a original chapter but only killer, so my guess it is that we are gonna recieve a license one.

    Now... Why a Jason one? Why not Pinhead? or why not chucky?

    • He is one of the most iconic and expensive licenses because of the lawsuit, so they would just get Jason but expensive af.
    • I remember one day on Morf's stream I asked if it is possible to get Jason, and @Peanits answered: "Nothing its impossible" and thats the thing, they never say a straight up NO (like they did with the jeepers creepers license)
    • Why not chucky? because he doesnt really fits in Dead By Daylight, I mean, they did a new skelleton for The Demogorgon, but he fits in the game lorewise and gameplaywise, and I think chucky desierves a own game
    • Why not Pinhead?: Lets be real, Pinhead is not THAT iconic like how is jason (maybe because the 166362 films that he has) Also, Pinhead doesnt really chase, h just use cenobites, a lot... so how they are gonna manage to do a lot of controlable characters on only one killer? I dont think they would, Im not saying they will never add Pinhead, but i feel like Jason will be first.

    Friday the 13th The game:

    • Friday the 13th the game doesnt own all jasons in the series, there is the reboot and the Freddy Vs. Jason version (Which surprisley its the same producers (Platinum Dunes) who did A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010 reboot (the license that we got in the game).
    • That game is dead, no more updates, so Dead By Daylight might buy the license.

    So if we really get Jason... what version should be get?

    • I really think the 2009 version its gonna be the indicated for the game, it fits perfectly and he would bring skins (The Sackhead)

    And finally... the thing everyone is gonna say; "the Trapper is Jason".

    • yeah and Hillbilly is Leatherface and we have both, same with legion and Ghostface, and the same could happen with the clown and Pennywise or Wraith and predator, So thats not really a problem, Im gonna leave a power idea that would really fit Jason from the 2009 movie.

    Jason Power Idea:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86990/chapter-14th-jason-idea#latest

    If you have something to say... pls leave it on the comments and be respectful:)

    Why any specific Jason when he could have different skins for different parts.

  • Happy this person was wrong.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    Happy this person was wrong.

    is that supposed to hurt me in some way?

  • @ZtarShot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87157/why-chapter-14th-is-gonna-be-a-jason-one

    Why any specific Jason when he could have different skins for different parts.

    well, yea that would be way better, but the game has the license for the original franchise, not the reebot.

  • I hope we never get Jason in ANY chapter

  • @Hoodied said:

    I hope we never get Jason in ANY chapter

    ok.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688170#Comment_688170

    I have seen those. Do you really think a hypnotizing power will work in DbD? And those were probably worse than the Leprechaun movies. Img were those bad. I'm only referring to powers that he has that would translate to DbD. Jason's true power is being unkillable. We don't see that in DbD. He'd be an M1 killer and any stretch of the imagination would be reaching too far. I think there are much better options that are not licensed

    Vampire

    Wendigo

    Werewolf

    Zombie-like Quaker judge from the Salem Witch trials

    Wicker man

    Slender Man

    Or pull from non movie licenses like resident evil, silent hill, etc

    In reality, Jason is less a creative option than most ideas I've seen on this forum and reddit. Then again, what do I know about creativity, right? LoL

    Peace Was Never An Option 22112019170755.jpg


  • GOOD NEWS GUYS, TODAY IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE LAWSUIT MIGHT END JUNE 2020, SO LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST :D

  • @DingDongs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685246#Comment_685246

    I want jason can destroy walls, windows and undropped pallets

    Actually a Gnarly idea!

    Maybe a perk for Jason like “windows of opportunity” where the pallets that aren’t yet dropped and doors & windows that are closed are highlighted; whereby giving Jason the option to pull down unused pallets which instantly smash into pieces; as well as walk through the closed doors and windows (even walls!), busting them into splintered wood XD

    Great for jump scares, especially combined with a stealth ability that removes his terror radius and an aura reading perk or add on that guarantees a survivor would be there in the room.

    Such super awesome possibilities for Jason to be one of the best killers on DBD!

    Hope the DEVS get to add him to the roster <3

1 2 3 ›