Noob crushing time...

Don't rank up too fast... the 17th is just around the corner!



THANKS RANK RESET!



blank_leonardo.png


Comments

  • Rank reset reverts itself

  • *screams of rank 20s as they all suffer what it feels like to deal with hex:ruin and all the unoobfriendly perks as well as purple flashlights*

  • I'm gonna do a road to rank 1 without ruin, that way I can play a lot but I'll black pip most of my games! ^^

  • Derank and get ready !

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozWm_4oDHVs


    Yep they should have reset ranks on the 6th not less than one bloody week from a DLC and possibly FTP weekend


    What were they even thinking? There's a ton of toxic survivors and killers that will wait the week out or even depip further before launch to secure their chances of just constantly smashing noobs


    I'm at rank 12 if I wanted to I could purposely throw matches and de-rank all the way back to rank 15. So yeah not good

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozWm_4oDHVs

    Yep they should have reset ranks on the 6th not less than one bloody week from a DLC and possibly FTP weekend

    What were they even thinking? There's a ton of toxic survivors and killers that will wait the week out or even depip further before launch to secure their chances of just constantly smashing noobs

    I'm at rank 12 if I wanted to I could purposely throw matches and de-rank all the way back to rank 15. So yeah not good

    Tasty double blood points

  • Yep, and people wonder why, at least on Steam, DbD hasn't been able to retain significant numbers of new players after any free weekend or sale in the almost 18 months I've been following the game.

    This is one of the few communities actually dumb enough to blatantly try to kill their game's growth and longevity.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Yep, and people wonder why, at least on Steam, DbD hasn't been able to retain significant numbers of new players after any free weekend or sale in the almost 18 months I've been following the game.

    This is one of the few communities actually dumb enough to blatantly try to kill their game's growth and longevity.

    This game really does have a toxic community


    There have always been noob-stompers in every game, but this is one of the few that truly has little respect for anyone

  • @Kilmeran Well I think the Devs and some of the community agree that the new players should experience all the BS right up front.

    Nothing sells welcome like an ivory mori!

    Or some extra love when they get hooked. Let those screams be heard I say!

  • Oh boy, i was on a lil break. 😱

    I'm gonna be crushing indeed...

  • @TheBean I assume that was meant tongue-in-cheek. Because if the Devs honestly believed that . . . well, let me stop buying DLCs and stuff right now, because the game has shown a lack of consistent growth as it is and has generally remained flat on Steam. It'll be a matter of time before it finally declines.

    I prefer games that stick around more than 4-5 years. πŸ˜‚

    I mean, they touted that they expect new growth with the Switch release and mobile. That's great. But someone should let them know that after those two, they're out of new platforms to target for initial sales growth. Actually being able to retain new players might be something they want to look at.

    They say DbD has sold millions of copies. Well, the retention sucks.

  • This sounds like someone who gets stomped on by survivors at higher rank, can only crush them noobs. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @TheBean I assume that was meant tongue-in-cheek. Because if the Devs honestly believed that . . . well, let me stop buying DLCs and stuff right now, because the game has shown a lack of consistent growth as it is and has generally remained flat on Steam. It'll be a matter of time before it finally declines.

    I prefer games that stick around more than 4-5 years. πŸ˜‚

    I mean, they touted that they expect new growth with the Switch release and mobile. That's great. But someone should let them know that after those two, they're out of new platforms to target for initial sales growth. Actually being able to retain new players might be something they want to look at.

    They say DbD has sold millions of copies. Well, the retention sucks.

    DBD in VR next?

  • @LordGlint Damn it! I forgot about VR.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @TheBean I assume that was meant tongue-in-cheek. Because if the Devs honestly believed that . . . well, let me stop buying DLCs and stuff right now, because the game has shown a lack of consistent growth as it is and has generally remained flat on Steam. It'll be a matter of time before it finally declines.

    I prefer games that stick around more than 4-5 years. πŸ˜‚

    I mean, they touted that they expect new growth with the Switch release and mobile. That's great. But someone should let them know that after those two, they're out of new platforms to target for initial sales growth. Actually being able to retain new players might be something they want to look at.

    They say DbD has sold millions of copies. Well, the retention sucks.

    Yea it's not healthy. I personally prefer getting my ass kicked as soon as I join the game because that's how I git gud personally but I can see why that's not healthy as a ton of people don't like that and will quit. The toxic community and the fact that there are no rank rewards is what makes everything super bad imo.

  • Compaired to what it was it's better now than before. Rank 1 used to go to rank 15. If matchmaking would stop purple and reds from facing 20-15s new players would have a nice buffer.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo that is exactly it!

    You play to your rank... Then they put you back down... Play to your rank.... Put you back down... A vicious cycle....

    After awhile... Someone might say to themselves.... If they are gonna keep pushing me down... I might aswell stay down.


    :)

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @LordGlint Damn it! I forgot about VR.

    Time to boot up THIS bad boy for the upcoming DBD port

    TI-84_Plus_graphing.jpg


  • Oh hell yea! I can play DBD and tell people to go die in a hole while in my Calc class?!

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684819#Comment_684819

    Oh hell yea! I can play DBD and tell people to go die in a hole while in my Calc class?!

    -mutters to self- "fukin camper..."

    "Timmy! What are you doing?"

    "math..."

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Yep, and people wonder why, at least on Steam, DbD hasn't been able to retain significant numbers of new players after any free weekend or sale in the almost 18 months I've been following the game.

    This is one of the few communities actually dumb enough to blatantly try to kill their game's growth and longevity.

    I noticed the exact same thing when looking at the Steam charts, they hardly retain a tiny fraction of the players after a free to play weekend, when its over the numbers return to normal, to what they've been at for almost a year now.

  • Black Pipping Build: If you really want to give noobs a hard time.

    Killer: Nurse/Billy/Spirit

    Perks:

    Ruin

    Infectious Fright

    Deerstalker

    Nurses

    1 hook everyone and you don’t pip

  • @Speshul_Kitten I like this one...

    Billy with...

    Deerstalker

    Knockout

    Nurses

    NOED


    Make the new people eat some dirt for a few minutes.


    They don't know how to do gens or totems... so hard to know if noed will even be useful since they should all be down before a gen is done. But I like NOED more then Ruin.

  • @TheBean said:

    @Speshul_Kitten I like this one...

    Billy with...

    Deerstalker

    Knockout

    Nurses

    NOED

    Make the new people eat some dirt for a few minutes.

    They don't know how to do gens or totems... so hard to know if noed will even be useful since they should all be down before a gen is done. But I like NOED more then Ruin.

    you people are the reason this games gonna die with no new playerbase

  • @TheBean said:

    @Speshul_Kitten I like this one...

    Billy with...

    Deerstalker

    Knockout

    Nurses

    NOED

    Make the new people eat some dirt for a few minutes.

    They don't know how to do gens or totems... so hard to know if noed will even be useful since they should all be down before a gen is done. But I like NOED more then Ruin.

    Why the deerstalker? πŸ€”

  • @Mr_K I like to keep tabs on them while I go look for someone else.

  • @ocafghanistan Oh yeah that reminds me...

    I can't forget about Doctor King....


    Iri King, Long Range Addon...

    Overcharge

    Pop Goes The Weasel

    Distressing

    Whispers


    Test their limits on disconnecting...

  • This community never ceases to amaze me.

  • @Zertix said:

    This community never ceases to amaze me.

    hehe yep seems like they don't wanna have a playerbase

  • Rank reset occurs

    Uno reverse card β€œexists”

  • @ocafghanistan I never wanted to say anything but I can say a lot of things about the way you play this game as well

  • @ocafghanistan It's certainly the impression I've gotten over the past 18 or so months.