How Would You Buff Ghostface?

I would reduce the range at which he can be detected, reduce his power cool-down from 30 seconds to 20, and remove the 0.3 second discern buffer survivors get when revealing his power

Comments

  • wdym? ghostface is the most op killer *sarcasm

  • Reducing the cool down would be nice

    The reveal mechanic to him is a bit complicated, I don't really know how to buff that one

  • Reduce the range he can be detected at and or increase the amount of time it takes to actually reveal him because sometimes it can be a bit stupid to just get instantly revealed.

    • From the wiki: This means the Ghost Face has to be out of the Survivor's sight for 0.3 seconds to stop being revealed.
    • If a Survivor spotted the Ghost Face for 1.2 seconds or more before he hid from them, he'll be revealed anyway.

    1.2 seconds is way too quick and there you go that's your ENTIRE power gone just like that, an actual blink and you'll miss it moment.

  • Reduce Night Shroud's cooldown, and change his addons as such.

  • What Ghostface needs is quite simple really


    Reduced cooldown, fixing the reveal HB, etc

  • Reduce cooldown.

    Slugs and hooked Survivors can not reveal him.

  • I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be myself. Now that he's not as loud as a 18 wheeler going through a warehouse of glass anyway.....

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be myself. Now that he's not as loud as a 18 wheeler going through a warehouse of glass anyway.....

    He isn't that bad, but he needs buffs still


    This is coming from a GhostFace main

  • Since they made the detection range wider, they should have compensated by making the base distance of detection shorter.

    The lag time between being detected and not should be taken care of as well.

    It's upsetting when you're being detected and you duck behind a wall but still get revealed even though you've broken LoS.

    He's kind of map dependent, so the detection aspect of the Ghost should be balanced with that in mind.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683205#Comment_683205

    He isn't that bad, but he needs buffs still

    This is coming from a GhostFace main

    I wouldn't say "coming from a ghostface main" as it's meaningless.

    You could either be biased toward a killer you like or just making it up.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683207#Comment_683207

    I wouldn't say "coming from a ghostface main" as it's meaningless.

    You could either be biased toward a killer you like or just making it up.

    I am very VERY strict when it comes down to balancing, if something feels off about my main then I try to find out whats wrong, in a balanced way


    For example, GhostFace's main issues that I have seen is Corn, open maps, HB on reveal, cooldown time, and slugging/hooked survivors revealing him

  • @BlueFang

    Survivor stalked meter never goes away until they have been exposed.

    So if you stalk a survivor half way, and then manage to down them with out exposing them. The stalk meter does not reset.

    This will always keep survivors on their feet.

  • Your bad at grammar. The correct topic is:

    "Would you buff Ghostface?"

    And the correct answer is

    "NO."

  • @Mochan said:

    Your bad at grammar. The correct topic is:

    "Would you buff Ghostface?"

    And the correct answer is

    "NO."

    https://youtu.be/RmRM5sYRMgY?t=2


    Hive-Mind theory about Feng Meng players is getting closer to being confirmed

  • I probably wouldn't buff him at all, personally. I've never felt like he's weak. Maybe a slightly shorter cooldown if you really want to split hairs, but I find him to be just fine as is.

  • @Mochan said:

    Your bad at grammar. The correct topic is:

    "Would you buff Ghostface?"

    And the correct answer is

    "NO."

    You're not really in a position to talk about grammar there, cause your you're forget the 're.

    Anyways, my opinion is that Ghost Face needs a minor tweak (stalking in corn, power cooldown) but otherwise, he is good where he is.

  • yeah his cooldown on the power is way too long. it should be reduced by 5-10 seconds.

  • I generally prefer stealth killers like Myers and Ghostface. I don't really feel like he needs any major buffs. Only thing I'd probably do is reduce the cool down of his power.

    Though honestly playing against him as survivor I feel like he is either super easy to knock out of stalk, or impossible even if I've got him completely centered and two inches away from my face. But that is probably a me problem, though I've heard others complain about it as well. So if there was a way to both buff him maybe on distance, but make him a little easier to knock out when you are obviously looking right at him. I'd appreciate that.

  • He's fundamentally flawed design-wise in that it takes one survivor 1.2 seconds to take away the killer's only power for 30 seconds. He has absolutely nothing else going for him outside of Night Shroud. I would reduce the cooldown to 15 or 20 seconds and remove the cancelling on missed attacks and stuns. You can still maintain line of sight on both sides of a wall as a survivor. It's not as if hiding the red stain equates to an automatic hit. There still seems to be this line of thinking among the balance team that survivors can't move their cameras.

  • Daily training routine.

    Start with 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, and 100 teabags.

    Followed by a brisk 6.2 mile run. Half normal, half stalking.

    Make sure he eats three balanced meals a day and soon will be unbeatable.

  • @Peanits said:

    I probably wouldn't buff him at all, personally. I've never felt like he's weak. Maybe a slightly shorter cooldown if you really want to split hairs, but I find him to be just fine as is.

    yes in lower ranks . but vs good survivors not even toxic ones he is weak as hell ,,,, he is the only killer that survivor can fully counter and quite easily . im not toxic or anything but if you devs claim he is to be fine , i would love some of your streams as ghostface in red ranks , to prove me i am bad or blind that i dont see some light in him

  • @Peanits said:

    I probably wouldn't buff him at all, personally. I've never felt like he's weak. Maybe a slightly shorter cooldown if you really want to split hairs, but I find him to be just fine as is.

    I'd remove the reset meter stalk function on-hit. He'd be able to manage his stalk on survivors which in my opinion is difference between mediocre ghostface and a really good ghostface. It sucks to waste time building near-full stalk, then get spotted and all your work vanish upon hitting a survivor. Imagine if T3/T2 myers lost evil within every time he hits someone.

  • He doesn't need buffs, but rather a full fledged rework.

  • Reduce his cooldown

  • @n2njauwu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683458#Comment_683458

    yes in lower ranks . but vs good survivors not even toxic ones he is weak as hell ,,,, he is the only killer that survivor can fully counter and quite easily . im not toxic or anything but if you devs claim he is to be fine , i would love some of your streams as ghostface in red ranks , to prove me i am bad or blind that i dont see some light in him

    Of course. If you ever stop by, just ask and I'm play a couple rounds with him. I can't guarantee I'll do amazing every round (I really shouldn't, I don't play him enough to be amazing at him), but I've had some pretty good success in red ranks.

  • I wouldn't. I would actually nerf him if I could. E.i Losing stalk when survivors aren't running or doing any actions, ala the Doctor's madness or the Plague's Sickness.


    The problem with ghostface is that he's stupid inconsistent for both sides. Bullshit reveals on killer side and also bullshit detection on the survivor sides. Making both sides feel ######### and unfair to play against, because everything feels so random and buggy. Buffing him would make playing against him completely insufferable.


    It was even worse during the ptb server tests.

  • @Acromio said:

    He doesn't need buffs, but rather a full fledged rework.

    Agreed. It's almost like the vast majority of the community that played and saw the PTB said "This can't work in practice. He's going to get bullied." And what sucks is that he's maybe the most fun killer when you actually get him to work. But they instead seemingly rushed out this buggy killer that is virtually unplayable against SWF.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683490#Comment_683490

    Seriously. For as good as they claim he is, I want proof.

    ye the problem with gf is in the design , in most cases the more you play something the better snowballs/plays you can make . unfortunately that is not the case with ghostface , his problem is that; the higher level of gameplay the weaker he gets due to survivors holding the stick of the power . its not in gf hands if he wins or not its all about survivors sadly , his ability not to mention terribly long cd , im fine with counterplay but this is overkill, if he has that much counter on survivor side why he doesnt have tools as nurse has , .. on nurse you need juke her break line of sight and she has strongers chases mobility , and on ghostface you just need to look at him with 3rd pov camera ,,,,

    TL:DR ' he is fun killer to play at yellow green ranks , when you play him at red rank you are a masochist and want to feel pain :) or just hardcore scream fan <3

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683490#Comment_683490

    Of course. If you ever stop by, just ask and I'm play a couple rounds with him. I can't guarantee I'll do amazing every round (I really shouldn't, I don't play him enough to be amazing at him), but I've had some pretty good success in red ranks.

    yes that is possible im sure there are wraith and bubba mains in red ranks who make op plays even though there arent many , its just with ghostface its all about map you get and if survivor is streaming and reading chat or not wearing glasses to 360 patrol while doing generator .

    its not like ghostface is weakest killer in dbd , in terms of power he is myers lvl but not counting to that counter play :) , its more about ghostface beeing the most frustraiting killer to play , if you get at 1st 20 seconds of the match cancel out of your power you are like i dont want dc to ruin all people game but this is gg for me , why ( because not only you cant use power for 30 seconds , you also cant move from that area else you wont be able to sneak into people because you are 32 tr ,

    idk maybe its just me but this breaking out mechanic is really not fun as a killer . i understand where its coming from , to force gf to play more stealth style rather than be like myers , but its just sad :(

  • tbh, the buff that Ghostface would really need is a shorten cooldown after he downs a marked survivor, it's pretty crippling when you down a marked survivor, hook him, and you just have to kinda walk around the map with no pressure or any killer power whatsoever until it slowly charges back up so you could continue being immersed and sneak up on survivors, it's the worst feeling.

    • His power needs to be consistent first of all.
    • Decrease the cool down of Night Shroud.

    See how he functions after these changes and tweak numbers if necessary.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683490#Comment_683490

    Of course. If you ever stop by, just ask and I'm play a couple rounds with him. I can't guarantee I'll do amazing every round (I really shouldn't, I don't play him enough to be amazing at him), but I've had some pretty good success in red ranks.

    i was thinking at the start why did counter to ghostface didnt go the other way .

    why not looking at him for a time it takes it to break him make it so that for next 1 minute he cant stalk you . it would prevent annoying for survivors 99 % (because you would be punish more for tunnel survivor by 99 % because the cooldown would be 1 minute since penalty of 1 minute no stlaking ) but you could still be able use your power in 2 diffrents scenarios 1 ) mindgame with no on some loops or 2) just change the target leave that poor survivor alone and lets sneak onto another survivor


    i loved that dbd made ghostface , i always played in all types of games assasssins types of characters and i still play ghostface just hoping somethinig could be done about making him less punishable

  • @n2njauwu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/683458#Comment_683458

    yes in lower ranks . but vs good survivors not even toxic ones he is weak as hell ,,,, he is the only killer that survivor can fully counter and quite easily . im not toxic or anything but if you devs claim he is to be fine , i would love some of your streams as ghostface in red ranks , to prove me i am bad or blind that i dont see some light in him

    Peanits is a red rank killer :')

  • its just unfun to have to wait years for his power to come down from this huge cooldown.

  • I don't really have video proof that I can post here. But, I do consistently well with Ghostface at red ranks though he is one of the more difficult killers to use. If I'm not in the right mindset then I'll probably lose.

  • After playing rounds with him, the only buff he needs is on the cooldown section (ofc addons need to be tweaked if he gets a lower cooldown) but 30 seconds is too much and makes CD addons kinda a must.