Insta downs do not make you "good", killers.

Played against a clown with the redhead finger, i assume he had an add-on that gave him more bottles too (dont play clown so i dont know his addons but the last survivor hid around for twenty minutes so i didnt wait for after game to see perks/addons) . im a killer main so when i play survivor I play as least toxic as possible, no bagging, pointing and whatever else Other killers interpret as "toxic" so i thought a was playing a decent game. Hitboxes are ass on this game, and his bottles would "hit" me five feet away and give me exposed, and cloud almost always ensures a hit regardless so I got smacked twice with exposed.

Went about my business and got "hit" with a bottle and 360 this guy twice two bottle "hits" in a row and somehow that made me a toxic piece of ######### I guess because after game I get sent the generic "youre such ######### ######### fag" comment. Killers, from one to another, youre not top dog because you have insta down or op addons, just stop.

Its like one time a huntress raged at me vecause i dodged like 20 of her iridescent heads.

Comments


  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    There a go, a real, logical comment. That's exactly it. Its not beneficial at all, the only reason to use it is to be toxic or derank.

    The only worse part is throwing in more after game toxicity acting like your some god. ( title )

    Or they… you know… wanna have fun in a videogame? Don't get me wrong, he/she is definetely a douche for talking like that in post game chat (though I don't see where he claimed to be a good killer). But saying Killers with instadown addons use them solely to be toxic or purposefully derank is Kind of ignorant.

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    Looks like two brainless killer mains got triggered somehow. I wasnt complaining about killers, or their addons in any way. I was moreso complaining about the toxic mindset, that actually ive seen quite a lot when killers use instant downs such as iridescent , or redhead fingers in this instant.

    But if you can't read then i guess just post the first triggered sentance that comes to your mind, which is trying to insult survivor mentality which. I dont have because im a killer main. Lol

    Here was your biggest issue. Did your experience show a case of toxicity? Yes. There has been large amounts of toxicity in this game on both sides for years though so this story is not unique and you directly posted it towards one side (killers), so to not expect backlash from that side is ignorant.

    If I posted a story complaining about survivor perks/offering/toxicity I would not then act surprised when people start arguing about my post in protest. This is the DBD community and at this point you should know better.

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677648#Comment_677648

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677651#Comment_677651

    Agreed. Just be less obvoius next time, even down to the cringey fedora tipping "witty joke" style

    "I'm tagging you in"

    "No way it's my heel turn"

    It all sounds like a bad creepypasta dialogue. It certainly has been bizzare. Goodnight.

    Yup...ya caught us...

    As a matter of fact, every account on this thread has secretly been alt accounts...including the OP. I made them all and posted on many threads with each, just to screw with you.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677656#Comment_677656

    Yup...ya caught us...

    As a matter of fact, every account on this thread has secretly been alt accounts...including the OP. I made them all and posted on many threads with each, just to screw with you.

    Jesus you're that worried everyone will see how obvoius it is now? You're just had to comeback and try to downplay it even though you were tired of arguing before. That's another dead giveaway.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677651#Comment_677651

    But... Dont you wanna join us "hypocrite babies"? You have a killer perk profile pic, so you MUST absolutely hate everything that survivors do and have, lol.

    DEAD HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! *shakes fist at the heavens*

    The most unbalanced perk in the whole game that I totally did not learn how to counter after watching a few streams, right after Decisive Strike!

  • Yep. It's fun just watching some of the experienced debaters) of DBD (Mainly @GrootDude) go at it. XD

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677433#Comment_677433

    Yep. It's fun just watching some of the experienced debaters) of DBD (Mainly @GrootDude) go at it. XD

    keep reading the thread, it gets better

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677656#Comment_677656

    Yup...ya caught us...

    As a matter of fact, every account on this thread has secretly been alt accounts...including the OP. I made them all and posted on many threads with each, just to screw with you.

    Again, you make it seem like the idea of an alt account is soo farfetched in 2019. Like it's so unlikely that it could NEVER happen.

    see how sarcasm works both ways?

    Also the fact the the other account was new was a sign and that you felt the need to "admit" it in the first comment shows guilt. "I'm pretty new around here but...." Who says that in real life? Lol

  • How to counter red pinky finger, DODGE IT


    Also almost all add-ons like that punish you too

  • I might as well favorite this so I'll get updates! XD

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677670#Comment_677670

    I might as well favorite this so I'll get updates! XD

    I dont think anyone will continue posting. Did you read it all?

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677595#Comment_677595

    You're "pretty new" because its a fake account made up by the guy arguing with me so you have someone to agree with you after you've been arguing with everyone here since page 1 of this thread. It's obvious and embarrassing.

    Also, my comment didn't quote anyone, as stated many times yet I was adressed first. But I'm the instigator? Please.

    Hello this is @LordGlints 77th alt account here to tell you that every account on this forum is an alt of his. You are talking to Lord Glint and Lord Glint only. Even the mods are Lord Glint.

  • @Xboned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677620#Comment_677620

    We type similarly because we both use correct grammar and spelling. I'd encourage you to try the same but it's clear you have some deep-seated opposition to the idea.

    And, you know, it might not take a worldwide conspiracy for multiple people to be offended by being called hypocrite babies for no reason.

    But we really have reached peak "arguing over nothing" at this point, haven't we? Can we just back down from this cliff now?

    If by arguing over nothing, you mean you backpedaling by resorting to typos cause you can no longer back up your points then yes.

  • I get what OP is trying to say, but boy did they choose a bad topic title.

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677630#Comment_677630

    If by arguing over nothing, you mean you backpedaling by resorting to typos cause you can no longer back up your points then yes.

    So your saying that calling someone an alt account isn't a backpedal?

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677611#Comment_677611

    Hello this is @LordGlints 77th alt account here to tell you that every account on this forum is an alt of his. You are talking to Lord Glint and Lord Glint only. Even the mods are Lord Glint.

    xD

  • I feel like playing an irridescent head Huntress match because of this thread. You made this happen.

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    For all the killer mains arguing for their instadowns, don't complain about Mettle Of Man, Borrowed Time and Dead Hard. You wanna cheese out health states all day but cry until survibor perks gets nerfed cause you can't learn to counter play. Hypocrite babies.

    I don’t complain about them

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677763#Comment_677763

    I dont think anyone will continue posting. Did you read it all?

    Yeah... it kind of just sputters out... : /

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677440#Comment_677440

    I don’t have a clip, but I do have this DH fail on a laggy server.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/271/SACUE4XX1W8J.jpeg

    P.S. DH has no counter play when used for distance but it’s still balanced. :)

    No. DH is op, should be one time use in my opinion. People would still use it, because it can make a chase last forever.

  • Lol this thread is magic. Op you're my favorite arrogant player.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677400#Comment_677400

    So basically you’re salty over insta-downs? Billy and LF still require skill to insta-down at loops, sorry that you don’t see that.

    You act like you’ve insulted no one and are innocent while everyone is a triggered [Insert role here] main which is just not at all correct, I only became a killer main about a week ago and Pony has been a survivor main for awhile, I do play both sides though.

    I disagree. I’m a survivor main and only play killer for daily rituals. Whenever I have to be Billy I can insta-down without any skill whatsoever XD

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677411#Comment_677411

    I disagree. I’m a survivor main and only play killer for daily rituals. Whenever I have to be Billy I can insta-down without any skill whatsoever XD

    At loops?

  • @TWiXT said:

    Instant downs really hurt the Chaser and Hunting categories anyway, and will in no way help killers rank up... which is weird because the chaser emblem specifically states:  "The shorter the chase, the higher the points."

    If you don't hit them twice though, you only get half of the points you would for finishing a chase. The reason for this is simple: Each successful hit counts as a won chase, and awards points towards the emblem. So equipping instant down add-on's is like saying you want half the points in both Chaser and Hunting categories, which not only slows down your ability to rank up, but also screws over your BP gain. This is the biggest problem right now with killers like Plague who can cut down survivors real quick, but aren't rewarded nearly enough for it. Honestly this could be fixed if the devs just made it so that when you down a survivor under the effect of Exposed or Broken, you get double the points for the chase. I Really wish they'd do that because right now, the only reasons anyone would use these are to either be toxic to survivors, or purposely de-rank. Same goes for Mori's which sacrifice survivors quickly, but actually hurt your ranking/BP progress.

    I agree, they do not make you "good" killers since, according to the point system, you won't rank up or gain good BP, so bringing one in is less of a testament to skill and more of and admittance of your idiocy. Add in the fact that bringing any of these in will undoubtedly result in survivors DC'ing, and your point gain takes an even greater plunge. Of course, not everyone is after BP or ranking, so using these is tantamount to acknowledging you're a Toxic player.

    Unfortunately this goes for playing killers with instant down abilities as well, and unless the devs apply the point fix I mentioned, they will always be the lowest progression earning killers in the game. Which is really sad since they're genuinely fun killers to play and oppose, and just because you use one doesn't automatically make you toxic... survivors will just say you are.

    That is pretty interesting!

    So rank wise, instadowns actually make you WORSE?

    So really, insta-downs need a buff!!!

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678700#Comment_678700

    Yeah! Just bloodlust until you get close then rev the saw

    I was referring to curving, it actually takes skill.

  • If you are on PC we can get into a kyf match and we can see if you can curve and get insta-downs around loops (:

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678786#Comment_678786

    If you are on PC we can get into a kyf match and we can see if you can curve and get insta-downs around loops (:

    PS4, so maybe it’s different lol

  • Oh my. . Hahaha. I thought I'd come here and ######### about a toxic killer, get called a moron and continue my business but this thread turned into something wild.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678771#Comment_678771

    I was referring to curving, it actually takes skill.

    keep in mind, if he only plays killer for dailies... Hes going against rank 15s.

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    Oh my. . Hahaha. I thought I'd come here and ######### about a toxic killer, get called a moron and continue my business but this thread turned into something wild.

    Did you read it all? I got accused of creating a 2nd account for this thread, lol.

  • Ermagerd super op.

    #Plaguebadbtw

    #Ghostfacetrash

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678905#Comment_678905

    Did you read it all? I got accused of creating a 2nd account for this thread, lol.

    Yes glint, i heard you got making alts hahah. It was quiet a read.

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678913#Comment_678913

    Yes glint, i heard you got making alts hahah. It was quiet a read.

    As a matter of fact, your an alt too.

  • Is it because my account is fresh and im new around here that gave it away?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678780#Comment_678780

    keep in mind, if he only plays killer for dailies... Hes going against rank 15s.

    Very true

  • I’m a PS4 red rank survivor, if you only play killer for rituals then you’re likely in low ranks. Anything can seem easy in low ranks.


  • @derperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677429#Comment_677429

    I don't know, that sounds like you're just generalizing regular killer gameplay in the negative. I mean, following your logic, the same can be said about interrupting survivors as they're vaulting, repairing, cleansing, or hiding in a locker, considering those actions count as instant downs. I doubt anyone that engages in these activities is a toxic player, or admitting to their idiocy. They're just playing a game, my dude.

    Interrupting survivors or grabbing them is actually rewarded with greater point gains which make those game play mechanics worthwhile in comparison to using instant downs. I was not generalizing it, I am simply informing the fact that Instant Down add-on's and perks aren't beneficial to rank and BP progress and instead end up hurting it. I may have been a bit rough by stating that using them is "an admittance of your idiocy." so I'll apologize for that remark.

    These Add-on's and Perks have their place in the game just fine, and using them in no way ensures victory, but whether you win or lose using them, you suffer point loss. The point system itself seems to either be broken when scoring your performance while using them, or it intentionally rewards less by design to discourage killer players from using them. Because of this however, the mentality towards players who use them and the mindset of those players themselves have changed since the days of the "Killer victory cube". Since they hinder point/rank gain, they don't seem worth it in a practical sense. Knowing this however creates only a few reasons for a player to use them currently:

    The player is just tired of putting up with survivors shenanigans and wants to try and get back at them/blow off some steam with some overkill,

    The player is Toxic by nature,

    The survivors at their current rank are too difficult to deal with if they don't have that edge; points be damned,

    Or they are using them to drop back down to the less frustrating ranks and enjoy themselves while doing it.

    With almost 1000 hours spent maining killer, I understand the latter 2 reasons perfectly, and have even used Iridescent Head hatchets and Ebony Mori's to purposely drop down from the red ranks, so I can have more fun and less frustration in this game. Does that make me Toxic? In my mind... No... but good luck convincing the survivors of that.

    The player in the OP's post on the other hand was undoubtedly one who used the Redhead's Pinky Finger add-on for one of the first 2 reasons (Considering how they raged at the OP in the endgame chat). To me, what really shows skill is not in the perks, add-on's, or even the killers you use, its in the rank you achieve. Say what you will about the current emblem system and how it decides our ranking, the fact remains that high rank players are more skillful than low ranked ones. So a killer player losing their cool after a defeat while packing an instant down tool is not only less skillful but also a poor sport. Just because someone has these tools at their disposal doesn't instantly make them better players, and instead it only results in lowering their rank and BP gain, which is why when most players use them, they are more generally perceived as being Toxic. But considering that they use them anyway knowing it won't help them gain rank and progress, Can we really say they aren't?

    It makes me wonder how much this game would change if killers were rewarded double the Chase and Hunting points for instant downs to compensate for what they currently lose using them. Would that create a more Toxic environment? Or would it balance the scales a bit since using those tools would be beneficial to their ranking? I honestly don't know, but at the moment I'm inclined to hope for the latter.

  • Clown is weak as hell. I never complain about him. Any kinda instadown add-ons are kinda stupid though. I can’t complain about Redhead’s Pinky Finger when Iridescent Head exists.

    I don’t like instadown builds because it hurts your hunting and chaser scores which gives you less bloodpoints. It’s one reason I don’t like Billy.

    Speaking of instadowns, something I’ve realized is that it’s always BAD killers who run NOED. I get paired with green ranks despite being at red ranks and 85% of the time they have NOED. I rarely see it in red ranks. You have killers who get run around the entire match and rely on NOED for kills. I’ve seen more boosted Spirit and Ghostface players than I’d like to.

  • I finally read through this whole thread and it made me think...

    Am I an alt account too? How would I know if I was?

    I mean....I THOUGHT I exist, but how can I really know for sure?

    and then another thought: if I am an alt account for LordGlint, what if LORDGLINT is an alt account for SOMEONE ELSE!?!?

    What if we are ALL alt accounts!?!?

  • @MegMain98 said:

    Clown is weak as hell. I never complain about him. Any kinda instadown add-ons are kinda stupid though. I can’t complain about Redhead’s Pinky Finger when Iridescent Head exists.

    I don’t like instadown builds because it hurts your hunting and chaser scores which gives you less bloodpoints. It’s one reason I don’t like Billy.

    Speaking of instadowns, something I’ve realized is that it’s always BAD killers who run NOED. I get paired with green ranks despite being at red ranks and 85% of the time they have NOED. I rarely see it in red ranks. You have killers who get run around the entire match and rely on NOED for kills. I’ve seen more boosted Spirit and Ghostface players than I’d like to.

    Every time I actually take a Spirit on a ride, I expect noed. Shockingly popular on boosted Myers players too.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679228#Comment_679228

    Every time I actually take a Spirit on a ride, I expect noed. Shockingly popular on boosted Myers players too.

    Spirit Players in my experience are generally the worst. I generally expect NOED, Ruin, Haunted Grounds(not complaining about these perks btw, just my observations), and for them to walk around there near the hook and get their haunting ready to rush back to it the moment someone's saved. Not in Red Ranks yet on my survivor(purple as of posting), but I've never faced a Spirit who wasn't like that, unless they were farming BPs, except maybe one time. Quick and Quiet and Iron Will are my saviors generally for players like that, as at least I can get a pip by losing them a couple of times when my teammates are going down like flies.

    Me too, I'm account 112, with Xboned being account 115.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679228#Comment_679228

    Every time I actually take a Spirit on a ride, I expect noed. Shockingly popular on boosted Myers players too.

    I don’t mean to call anyone out but it’s usually players who aren’t very experienced that run NOED. Good killers don’t need NOED to rely on.

    I’ve seen so many Spirit players with NOED it’s ridiculous and an overkill. Just like using Iridescent Head and NOED.

    I rarely see Myers with NOED but when I do they are boosted as hell.

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    Looks like two brainless killer mains got triggered somehow. I wasnt complaining about killers, or their addons in any way. I was moreso complaining about the toxic mindset, that actually ive seen quite a lot when killers use instant downs such as iridescent , or redhead fingers in this instant.

    But if you can't read then i guess just post the first triggered sentance that comes to your mind, which is trying to insult survivor mentality which. I dont have because im a killer main. Lol

    I get what you are saying. Unfortunately, the vocal group of killers and survivors on this forum don't tend to have the best reading comprehension skills. They are mere mouthpieces for the side they support and run off half cocked when triggered.

  • @Judgement said:

    Insta heals don’t make Survivors good either.

    He never said they did....nice strawman, dude.

1 2 3 ›