We all know BHVR is going to nerf Demogorgon on the release.

They did it with ghostface and plague. So, what nerf do you think he is going to get? I bet his lunge.

Comments

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    Plot twist: He gets buffed to becoming the best killer in the game

    Yeah, that's never going to happen. They don't want to create another Nurse, Spirit or Hillbilly.

  • @ad19970 said:

    They didn't do it with the Freddy rework though. And he is quite powerful, also having both an ability that helps him in chase and an ability to apply map pressure.

    lol in what world is Fred “quite powerful”?

    Maybe low rank, non-SWF. At higher rank he’s still super easy to run for long times. Sure he’s at least entertaining now, and that’s what is most important, but he’s weak.

    Hes also not a good example to use here because Fred WAS nerfed at launch and the rework you’re referencing was the result of over a year of work. Imagine if they nerf Fred on release, spend a year reworking him, release him and nerf him again 😆

  • GF got way more of a buff than than a nerf. That wind turbine noise made his stealth almost pointless and they got rid of that after release.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669887#Comment_669887

    Honestly, the developers bust their butts off trying to provide us with a masterpiece.

    Nothing is going to change my mind about that because BHVR is awesome. :)

    Same there great:D

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669666#Comment_669666

    lol in what world is Fred “quite powerful”?

    Maybe low rank, non-SWF. At higher rank he’s still super easy to run for long times. Sure he’s at least entertaining now, and that’s what is most important, but he’s weak.

    Hes also not a good example to use here because Fred WAS nerfed at launch and the rework you’re referencing was the result of over a year of work. Imagine if they nerf Fred on release, spend a year reworking him, release him and nerf him again 😆

    Dream world obviously.

    He can teleport, has a good slow for catching up, passively slows the game down if they try to wake up, and passively becomes MUCH harder to track if they don't.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Most likely it will not be getting nerfed as the devs learned there lesson with Legion rework, which is why Freddy only got a QoL change this patch and not a nerf or buff, and some of the nerfs had a reason from the devs themselves

    Plagues nerf was because it made it to where plague could wander the map at full speed while charging the power

    Legions rework was because of the cheese of there power, being able to down people quickly with a lunge that usually never missed because you could lunge multiple times before the power ended was broken to hell, made it worse with Franks mixtape and cold dirt, also the killer ignored loops too greatly

    Remember, this is all coming from a Killer main/survivor main who mostly plays killer now

    But now he is utter garbage, I understand nerf, but don't intentionally kill a killer, because survivors were crying about them.

    His speed is now a joke (good luck catching up survivors that wait with sprint burst to the last moment). His vault speed is a joke. His DW effect is now a joke. And he loses his power after every normal attack, like sure BHVR, I will surely use FF after normally hiting someone to not down him and make me stuned for 4 seconds.

    His addons are joke to. His blade addons doesn't make mending much longer now (I understand they are afraid of this stupie exploit, but c'mone), his cool down addons are joke (from what I read somewhere, Cold Dirt reduces cd to 3.4 seconds. Nice CONSIDERABLY BHVR, I can buy you a dictionary, because I doubt you know what considerably means). Only addons I found still a little useful are duration addons (which still give to little) and ir button to just destroy pallets while in FF and see where everyone are on map so I can go there after downing chased survivor.

  • @Predator3174PL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/670644#Comment_670644

    But now he is utter garbage, I understand nerf, but don't intentionally kill a killer, because survivors were crying about them.

    His speed is now a joke (good luck catching up survivors that wait with sprint burst to the last moment). His vault speed is a joke. His DW effect is now a joke. And he loses his power after every normal attack, like sure BHVR, I will surely use FF after normally hiting someone to not down him and make me stuned for 4 seconds.

    His addons are joke to. His blade addons doesn't make mending much longer now (I understand they are afraid of this stupie exploit, but c'mone), his cool down addons are joke (from what I read somewhere, Cold Dirt reduces cd to 3.4 seconds. Nice CONSIDERABLY BHVR, I can buy you a dictionary, because I doubt you know what considerably means). Only addons I found still a little useful are duration addons (which still give to little) and ir button to just destroy pallets while in FF and see where everyone are on map so I can go there after downing chased survivor.

    I said they learned there lesson after Legion....

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Yup. Most killers get neutered after release.

    Spirit was buffed as ######### .

  • @NMCKE said:

    BHVR won't do anything without reasoning, so the developers do try to give us a great game whether you believe it or not.

    Give the developers a chance, they are also human too. :)

    well if its a stupid change then its a stupid change

  • The more I see the less hyped I get. Demogorgon looks weaker everyday.

  • The counterplay to the pounce the demogorgan has is to move left or right of it, pull a pallet down or dead hard it already has more counterplay than Huntress hatchets, plagues vomit, clowns tonic and it's only an attack which takes 1 health state unlike billys chainsaw.

  • Then tell them why it's a bad change, the developers can't read your mind. :)


    Going to leave this here: (Read the second paragraph from @Peanits)

    Screenshot_20190606-210210_Chrome.jpg


  • Isn't that the point of the game?

  • 2 things

    1 - Already nerfed the lunge. It takes longer to charge now(I may be going crazy though, please correct me if so)

    2 - Usually they release Killers weak/subpar on PTB, then nerf on chapter release, then buff to midtier with midchapter update.

  • Not buying the day it drops ... Im waiting for a month ... I have been burned waaay too often.

  • @OriginalName said:

    I think if they do nerf it, a cool idea for a nerf would be that it can only see auras of survivors that are injured near the portals. This lines up with the show's lore too, since the Demogorgon smells blood to find prey. Unless it already does that and I'm being dumb since I haven't seen much gameplay of it yet.

    No.... a proper buff to the teleport would be if a survivor is injured near a portal the demogorgon travels faster to that portal....


    And if I'm being honest I don't really think the killer needs a nerf or buff atm.... I believe more playtime is needed because players haven't really learned the ins an out of the character..... I feel the playerbase is treating the portals like hags traps which is something go off from but from what I can tell getting the most out of the portals is more strategic...

    I hope the devs leave the demogorgon as is on release

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669666#Comment_669666

    lol in what world is Fred “quite powerful”?

    Maybe low rank, non-SWF. At higher rank he’s still super easy to run for long times. Sure he’s at least entertaining now, and that’s what is most important, but he’s weak.

    Hes also not a good example to use here because Fred WAS nerfed at launch and the rework you’re referencing was the result of over a year of work. Imagine if they nerf Fred on release, spend a year reworking him, release him and nerf him again 😆

    He has both good map pressure and good chase potential, he seems perfectly viable at red ranks to me.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/670374#Comment_670374

    No.... a proper buff to the teleport would be if a survivor is injured near a portal the demogorgon travels faster to that portal....

    And if I'm being honest I don't really think the killer needs a nerf or buff atm.... I believe more playtime is needed because players haven't really learned the ins an out of the character..... I feel the playerbase is treating the portals like hags traps which is something go off from but from what I can tell getting the most out of the portals is more strategic...

    I hope the devs leave the demogorgon as is on release

    I said IF they do nerf it, not that I want to nerf it, and I never said anything about buffs? I agree that we should wait and see more before making any real judgements on it.

  • @RagingCalm said:

    2 things

    1 - Already nerfed the lunge. It takes longer to charge now(I may be going crazy though, please correct me if so)

    2 - Usually they release Killers weak/subpar on PTB, then nerf on chapter release, then buff to midtier with midchapter update.

    Nothing has changed yet. There hasn't even been an update since the Demogorgon hit the PTB.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671742#Comment_671742

    Nothing has changed yet. There hasn't even been an update since the Demogorgon hit the PTB.

    I was going crazy then. I think I was using the 'increase of the abyss activation charge speed' addons too much. Yhanks for correcting

  • I feel like the movement speed deserves a very tiny nerf from 115mps to 113mps. It's a bit of an ugly number but I feel like the pounce attack still enables you to make up ground and for the demogorgan to be nerfed in any other way kinda nullifies him.

    I'll be really happy if they leave him untouched but I do feel like he can make up a little too much ground spamming pounce again and again with no cooldown.

    The fact he has no cooldown lets him intercept the path of the Survivor which I really like. I am fearful that bad killers will have an easy ride using demogorgan though.

    So I'd prefer his movement speed to be nerfed over his power/pounce if a nerf was to come. Ultimately he's decent, probably the closest to the most balanced killers yet.

    I know they'll upset a big chunk of wannabe demogorgan players if a nerf does come which is why I feel like they'll just go with it for a while to see if there's anything that can be tweaked months down the line.

  • I don't recall any changes to the Plague upon being moved to the live server (the movement speed while holding her power was literally after a day or two of being on the PTB and something they had stated they were unsure about before the PTB went online at the time if you mean that)


    Ghostface needed those changes for consistency's sake.


    Rework Freddy received no nerfs during his PTB and also didn't on going to the live server, with zero talk about the possibility even coming from the devs up until now.


    Demogorgon isn't being considered OP en masse; in fact, both sides are considering him very fun and mostly fair. The only issue with him seems to be the hitbox for his Shred, which probably won't receive a change since it's issue is similar to that of a hatchet from the huntress. I honestly think it's very balanced with a lot of potential, and nothing from the devs seem to suggest otherwise so far, either.

  • Even as a survivor, I doubt he’s getting a nerf. He’s in a pretty good place IMO.

    So far the community is very happy where he is place wise: I think he’s perfect.

    EDIT:Grammar and Stuff.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/670658#Comment_670658

    He has both good map pressure and good chase potential, he seems perfectly viable at red ranks to me.

    It's also very easy for him to sneak up on unsuspecting survivors (in the dream world) thanks to his lullaby - it can be very confusing even when it comes to high level players, it seems.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671838#Comment_671838

    It's also very easy for him to sneak up on unsuspecting survivors (in the dream world) thanks to his lullaby - it can be very confusing even when it comes to high level players, it seems.

    I like playing against Demo more than other killers. He scares the crap out of me— and it really is just so much more interesting (to me personally) than facing other killers.

  • @Watery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672618#Comment_672618

    I like playing against Demo more than other killers. He scares the crap out of me— and it really is just so much more interesting (to me personally) than facing other killers.

    Exactly. The amount of information he gets on top of map pressure and a lunge are really nothing to snuff at; sure, many of us have experienced bullying him because the PTB has put us up against low rank players testing out a new killer, but man, this killer can be so scary to go against even with crappy add-ons which is so rare.


    The fact he can appear out of seemingly nowhere and you have to keep an eye out when you hear the teleportation sound is a lot of fun too; it keeps us more active rather than passive as often happens when playing survivor. A good Demogorgon player that has gotten the feel for all aspects of the base power seems like it will be a force to reckon with and I love that fact!

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671742#Comment_671742

    Nothing has changed yet. There hasn't even been an update since the Demogorgon hit the PTB.

    do you know the Numbers on Shred? Specifically the movement speed during the charge, movement speed during the attack and the total distance traveled during the move?

  • basically make demogorgon m1 only with nurse speed :)))

1 2 ›