Disable DS when someone else is hooked.

If I put too much pressure I wont remember who did I slug that have been unhooked and might be hitten by a Ds, even if I dont tunnel.


Stupid counter than to have to wait an entire minute to pick someone up. With inner strenght this is even gonna be amplified.


Devs, find something else to counter DS. To me it should be disabled once you hook or down someone else.

Comments

  • I agree with the hook someone else to disable it but if you play Killer correctly then you would have downed and hooked someone while the DS user is still injured and you would think to go after him because he's still injured right? Well if you do that then you deserve to get DStriked. I find Decisive in a great place atm, unlike the old Decisive which broke the game.

  • You cant remember 1 name out of 4?

    I think you have bigger problems than getting hit by DS..

  • @Sackboy123 said:

    I agree with the hook someone else to disable it but if you play Killer correctly then you would have downed and hooked someone while the DS user is still injured and you would think to go after him because he's still injured right? Well if you do that then you deserve to get DStriked. I find Decisive in a great place atm, unlike the old Decisive which broke the game.

    Yes in the situation you describe, I agree. DS is here to do that, I dont have a problem with that.


    The only thing that bothers me is the "ok lets wait just to be sure"

  • If you use Make Your Choice, it's the perfect counter to Decisive as you don't have to manually time it. I rarely get hit with Decisive because I refuse to tunnel, (Even if I see them fully healed) And always go after another person to pressurize the game

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You cant remember 1 name out of 4?

    I think you have bigger problems than getting hit by DS..

    I play far enough from my screen so I cant see this information.

  • @Sackboy123 said:

    If you use Make Your Choice, it's the perfect counter to Decisive as you don't have to manually time it. I rarely get hit with Decisive because I refuse to tunnel, (Even if I see them fully healed) And always go after another person to pressurize the game

    Same. But I was in this game where I just hooked someone and had 2 people on the ground that have been unhooked recently, I couldnt just wait, and I've been hitten for that.


    My mistake, probably. But that doesnt change the fact I think that mecanic is bad.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662956#Comment_662956

    I play far enough from my screen so I cant see this information.

    Fair enough.

    But still, if you slug the person who just got unhooked, you still tunneled. You can negate DS by keeping them slugged. But negating it by hooking or downing the other Person would be "meh", because, well...You still tunneled.

    And even if the other Survivor(s) picked up the slugged guy, it was a lot of Map Pressure at this point. At least one Survivor was not on Gens, possibly even two. This can be huge.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662963#Comment_662963

    Fair enough.

    But still, if you slug the person who just got unhooked, you still tunneled. You can negate DS by keeping them slugged. But negating it by hooking or downing the other Person would be "meh", because, well...You still tunneled.

    And even if the other Survivor(s) picked up the slugged guy, it was a lot of Map Pressure at this point. At least one Survivor was not on Gens, possibly even two. This can be huge.

    Yeah I was in a pretty nice spot, 2 people on the ground that have been unhooked recently and just hooked another guy. That was decent.


    My mistake was to not be patient enough I guess. Thats why I find this mecanic bad. You're just an hostage of time. I could have wait here and proxy but thats not fair to me, find the last survivor so someone else pop an unbreakable ? Same result.


    I don t know I think something might be twisted.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662969#Comment_662969

    Yeah I was in a pretty nice spot, 2 people on the ground that have been unhooked recently and just hooked another guy. That was decent.

    My mistake was to not be patient enough I guess. Thats why I find this mecanic bad. You're just an hostage of time. I could have wait here and proxy but thats not fair to me, find the last survivor so someone else pop an unbreakable ? Same result.

    I don t know I think something might be twisted.

    So you admit it was somehow your mistake and still find it as a bad mechanism. Don't you think this is a bit self-centered. DS already has counters unlike before the rework. Not tunneling obvious one, slugging another option you have. You can even mori a ds player and never know if they had ds or not. So mechanism is good right now.

  • The devs have never come out and officially declared that DS is meant to be an anti-tunneling perk and ONLY an anti-tunneling perk. That is just where it excels. The obsession with it being nothing more than an anti-tunneling perk is by people who want to see it continue to be nerfed until it is near obsolete, like Mettle of Man.

    Pay attention to the time. Have a stopwatch handy or count in your head if you're really struggling with this. And no offense, but if you can't read the names of survivors then maybe you need glasses.

  • I'm gonna be honest, DS not only being a 100% anti tunnel perk and nothing else is fine. I really feel DS is perfectly fine now, and it only acts as a second chance when you down another survivor fast enough and then down the survivor with DS within less than 60 seconds after them being unhooked. So you're doing good anyways as killer already, and DS helping survivors gain some momentum in that case is fine in my opinion. Plus you still have counterplay by just realising this survivor has probably not been off the hook for more than 60 seconds and slugging them.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662969#Comment_662969

    Yeah I was in a pretty nice spot, 2 people on the ground that have been unhooked recently and just hooked another guy. That was decent.

    My mistake was to not be patient enough I guess. Thats why I find this mecanic bad. You're just an hostage of time. I could have wait here and proxy but thats not fair to me, find the last survivor so someone else pop an unbreakable ? Same result.

    I don t know I think something might be twisted.

    So you had two survivors on the ground and one on the hook and you got impatient so that means DS needs a nerf? Come on.

  • Current DS imo is more busted than the original and needs a nerf. However, the devs seem to think its in a good spot so i dont imagine changes soon ;/ the only real problem is that the timer lasts WAAAAY too long, so much so that its basically invisibility for a solid minute.

  • I main Survivor but i have to agree.

    Just earlier i hooked someone, saw with BBQ how a David went into a locker near the exit gates while someone was opening the door, i decided to open the locker because the person opening the door would have made it anyway. I couldn't remember hooking him but he got his free escape. Could have waited in front of the locker but i forgot i have hooked him before. Shouldn't really have to think about DS after hooking someone else imo.

    Other than that i think DS is fine and i always use it.

    I just don't like how the killer can get punished sometimes for killing too fast.

  • DS on it's own is fine, but the combination with Deliverance, BT and DH is just too strong. In my opinion DH should be changed in some way, but i have no idea how.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662972#Comment_662972

    So you admit it was somehow your mistake and still find it as a bad mechanism. Don't you think this is a bit self-centered. DS already has counters unlike before the rework. Not tunneling obvious one, slugging another option you have. You can even mori a ds player and never know if they had ds or not. So mechanism is good right now.

    Not self centered, just my opinion on it has the power role.


    I admit that it "might" be my mistake. But thats not the point.


    The only point of this thread is I dont find a timer on a perk being relevant. Thats pretty much it.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662972#Comment_662972

    So you had two survivors on the ground and one on the hook and you got impatient so that means DS needs a nerf? Come on.

    Whatever the situation mate. I talk about it since its what happened on my last game.


    But dont make an example a general reality. (Cf all those : "here s a video of a popular streamer, nerf X !" Type of thread)


  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662990#Comment_662990

    Not self centered, just my opinion on it has the power role.

    I admit that it "might" be my mistake. But thats not the point.

    The only point of this thread is I dont find a timer on a perk being relevant. Thats pretty much it.

    Then, I might agree the timer is being a bit annoying. However I don't have a replacement idea for it. Your when someone else get hooked suggestion might work. But ds is an anti tunneling perk, your suggestions doesn't really counters that.

    Also the point of your post really looks like saying " I tried to tunnel and win, they Dsed and escaped. Now I am mad." I do understand the frustration, but this is not only perk related. Ds is not a free escape now and that is my point.

  • No just slug them. If you got hit by DS either you made a mistake or the survivor made a good play (or both).

    If this was a thing DS would be useless because a killer would just slug 2 of you and hook the other guy first. Now you are SOL and can't use DS to defend yourself. That's the whole point.

  • How about instead of the timer the mechanic is:

    "After being hooked if you are downed before another Survivor is hooked then... bla bla bla stun"

    Important things to note:

    A - No timer. If the Killer does after you for 2 minutes then it still procs

    B - Slugging doesn't work. Being downed is the trigger

    C - Hooking someone instantly disables it like what the OP suggests

    D - Grabs work due to skipping a phase thus preventing abuse. If the Killer finds you in a Locker or grabs you off a generator/vault then he isn't DSed

  • @Jago said:

    If I put too much pressure I wont remember who did I slug that have been unhooked and might be hitten by a Ds, even if I dont tunnel.

    Stupid counter than to have to wait an entire minute to pick someone up. With inner strenght this is even gonna be amplified.

    Devs, find something else to counter DS. To me it should be disabled once you hook or down someone else.

    idk seems wayyy too good for facecamping bubba

  • Definitely. That's not tunneling and the Killer shouldn't be punished. Unfortunately, Survivors can't seem to accept a fair version of DS. It always has be a get out of jail free card so they can do whatever they want. It's really sad but not surprising.

  • no one's fault but your own for taking that ds. the perk would actually be way too easy counter (it's already easy enough to counter as it is) if it were disabled like that

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Definitely. That's not tunneling and the Killer shouldn't be punished. Unfortunately, Survivors can't seem to accept a fair version of DS. It always has be a get out of jail free card so they can do whatever they want. It's really sad but not surprising.

    But why does this perk need to be 100% anti tunneling and absolutely worthless in any other situation? It has counterplay, it seems more than fine honestly the way it is.

    I think they should rather focus on useless perks to increase the variety of perks being used.

  • I swear old DS needs to come back to show the people who complain about the new one, just what we used to deal with :P

  • @Poweas said:

    I swear old DS needs to come back to show the people who complain about the new one, just what we used to deal with :P

    The change to DS was incredibly good, I am surprised some people are still not happy with the new version.

  • It's no issue till the ds user sits on a gen in front of you, or starts destroying all your hag traps , or sits in a locker for free God mode..the base idea is ok..but sadly it's now being abused

  • @immortalls96 said:

    It's no issue till the ds user sits on a gen in front of you, or starts destroying all your hag traps , or sits in a locker for free God mode..the base idea is ok..but sadly it's now being abused

    Just down and slugg the DS user then. The only problem is when they get in a locker. Still don't consider it that much of a problem though.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663313#Comment_663313

    But why does this perk need to be 100% anti tunneling and absolutely worthless in any other situation? It has counterplay, it seems more than fine honestly the way it is.

    I think they should rather focus on useless perks to increase the variety of perks being used.

    Because that seems to be the only way to make this perk fair aside from reworking it again. It won't be worthless with how common tunneling is, unless worthless means that the perk isn't bullshit and is actually fair. New DS isn't as bad as the old one, but it's still a dumb perk that needs to be fixed.

  • When a perk is since release a meta perk.

    And after 2,5 years its still a meta perk.

    Thats rly long.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663377#Comment_663377

    Just down and slugg the DS user then. The only problem is when they get in a locker. Still don't consider it that much of a problem though.

    Then I'm losing pressure and then the ds is basically still a free escape end game..I dont think its op..just certain unusable aspects of it suck for killer

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663329#Comment_663329

    The change to DS was incredibly good, I am surprised some people are still not happy with the new version.

    Because they don't actually want a balanced perk. They may claim to or they may like to think they do, but in all sincerity they just never want to see the perk run again.


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663329#Comment_663329

    The change to DS was incredibly good, I am surprised some people are still not happy with the new version.

    Yeah it shows how ungrateful some people are. I mean DS is balanced as hell now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663416#Comment_663416

    If it's balanced or not is subjective.

    For example, I don't think it's balanced that if I have DS and the gates are open, that I am pretty much getting out and there's nothing the killer can do about it unless those gates are on the literal other side of the map. Half the time even if you get downed several meters away from the exit gates, you can just crawl out and the killer can't pick you up. And if they do, it's definitely a free escape.

    Imo, DS would be fine if it was deactivated as soon as EGC started, or at least had a severely reduced timer. 90% of the time when I eat a DS, it's not because I want to tunnel but to make them use the perk just so I don't have to worry about it later, and when I have DS as survivor at end game, it almost guarantees that you escape every time.

    If you have DS by end game, it's usually because the killer wasn't tunneling you in the first place, which I find very unfair. Killer's punished if they do, and punished if they don't.

    It's designed that way to be a strong endgame perk. It's better off like this anyway. Because again, the old DS was a lot worse and I'd rather get cucked by this one as a killer than get murdered by the old one.

    But your nerf idea sounds fair. I could live with that. We have other endgame second chance perks like Borrowed Time. If DS deactivated on Endgame I personally wouldn't mind it.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663335#Comment_663335

    Because they don't actually want a balanced perk. They may claim to or they may like to think they do, but in all sincerity they just never want to see the perk run again.

    I'd rather not have one less meta perk. They really need to work on the weaker perks. More meta perks, not less is the right way to go.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/663335#Comment_663335

    Yeah it shows how ungrateful some people are. I mean DS is balanced as hell now.

    It really is, I agree with that.

  • Only if the timer pauses while downed would I go for this.