What does everyone think about the Spirit?

I personally love the spirit both as killer and survivor, as she provides a challenge for me and other survivors to face, and also that she is powerful but hard to learn. What does everyone think of her?

Comments

  • Love playing her, but playing against her is very boring

  • @Zertix said:

    I used to think she has high skill ceiling until I played her for some time. It turned out I was wrong.

    Playing as spirit is very fun, playing against her is not.

    Getting a perfect 4k with spirit never made me satisfied. It feels like I am cheating.

    She is one of the only 3 killers that stand a chance against 4 very good survivors. She is very strong but only overpowered with certain addons.

    Her ability has no reliable counter play. I believe removing her collision while phasing and changing the rarity of prayer beads to ultra rare would be healthier for the game. Other than that, no nerfs are necessary.

    I agree and would like both of those changes

  • @artist said:

    fun to play because she has no counterplay without perks

    awful and boring to face because she has no counterplay without perks

    Stop playing without perks. Tell that to the survivors you go against, too. Bunch of weirdos.

  • Great killer to play as. Amazing look and interesting lore. All round one of the best aesthetics in the game.

    Annoying and unfun to face against gameplay wise. There is not much you can do against a Spirit if she knows how to track.

  • it's really not. a chase is so one-sided against her it's hilarious, how people claim to counter her is even better. "just move unpredictably and hope she's bad lol"

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659882#Comment_659882

    it's really not. a chase is so one-sided against her it's hilarious, how people claim to counter her is even better. "just move unpredictably and hope she's bad lol"

    Yeah..its like moving to obvious places makes it easy for her to catch you *honk honk*

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660260#Comment_660260

    Yeah..its like moving to obvious places makes it easy for her to catch you *honk honk*

    doesnt matter where u move, good spirits dont just guess the obvious places, they track your sound and scratch marks and feel for collision.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659495#Comment_659495

    Because shes hard to counter efficiently even if you know what your doing. So everyone yells for a nerf so they can get a easier game. Sad part is she has a bug letting you know she's in phase. Yet people still can't seem to figure her out. Her biggest strength is chases and mind games. Yet her single strongest weakness is actually a competent stealth player. People dont want to adapt to using stealth they prefer to loop a killer who effectively is designed to have the best chase potential outside of Nurse in the game.

    Wasn't that updated to be a feature? (Whooshing sound.)

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660274#Comment_660274

    doesnt matter where u move, good spirits dont just guess the obvious places, they track your sound and scratch marks and feel for collision.

    Use iron will and walk random directions or do fake outs..qaq and dance with me are also very helpful..so yeah..

  • Definitely annoying. Hard to loop against her and kinda unfair with the right addons.

  • I enjoy her both as a killer and when playing survivor

    As killer I just have fun phasing around and maybe getting a grab

    As survivor it is honestly fun and brings a bit of horror to the game at how stressful it is

  • @Zertix said:

    I used to think she has high skill ceiling until I played her for some time. It turned out I was wrong.

    Playing as spirit is very fun, playing against her is not.

    Getting a perfect 4k with spirit never made me satisfied. It feels like I am cheating.

    She is one of the only 3 killers that stand a chance against 4 very good survivors. She is very strong but only overpowered with certain addons.

    Her ability has no reliable counter play. I believe removing her collision while phasing and changing the rarity of prayer beads to ultra rare would be healthier for the game. Other than that, no nerfs are necessary.

    "Used to think she has high skill ceiling until I played her for some time." Practice would, in general, make someone better at something. Doesn't mean it lacks skill to use. Moreso, that you gained enough skill for it not feel as difficult.

  • Spirit is omen of my favorite killers mainly for chasing and I can sometimes yoink people off generators

  • Where is the challenge for Spirit? Having a functioning headset and bumping into survivors is enough of "skill" needed to play her. As survivor there is nothing you can do cause its just hoping that you do the right thing. Guessing games are stupidly pure luck based.

    Spirit is next after nurse to get "reworked".

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    Where is the challenge for Spirit? Having a functioning headset and bumping into survivors is enough of "skill" needed to play her. As survivor there is nothing you can do cause its just hoping that you do the right thing. Guessing games are stupidly pure luck based.

    Spirit is next after nurse to get "reworked".

    Agreed...there is literally nothing to do but cross your fingers and hope she is bad at tracking and hope you brought in Iron Will.

    Nurse isn’t getting a “rework” they aren’t changing her power significantly and I don’t know why people are calling it a “rework” when the only two killers to get one are Freddy and Legion. They are ONLY changing her add-ons.

    Spirit doesn’t need a “rework”. She needs more counterplay but not a drastic change to her power. It would just make her terrible.

    I don’t think they’ll change her though. How she is now is probably how she will permanently stay.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660281#Comment_660281

    Use iron will and walk random directions or do fake outs..qaq and dance with me are also very helpful..so yeah..

    remember the first post of mine u responded to? lmao. I know u need perks to have a chance against her in chase thanks for clarifying that

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660301#Comment_660301

    remember the first post of mine u responded to? lmao. I know u need perks to have a chance against her in chase thanks for clarifying that

    You dont but it certainly helps lol , seriously grow a pair man..

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660441#Comment_660441

    You dont but it certainly helps lol , seriously grow a pair man..

    good argument.

  • Lol at least mine has foundation, yours is nothing but personal bias

  • Spirit is my favorite killer in this game, I love playing her and love playing against her because people complain she doesn't have counter. She obviously very strong reliable killer, but her counterplay isn't from her power, survivors should learn to be unpredictable and read how she plays, most spirits rely solely on sounds, but doesn't mean sound is gonna guranteee her victory. The best to do against spirits is to just see how long you can last because her screwing up mistakes heavily punish her. When in a chase to her don't predictable where you're heading, avoid grass to now allow her to pinpoint you, use windows but don't fast vault them, slow vault so it cause no sounds from which side your coming from because when you fast vault it leaves a dust from the side you vaulted. Double back against a spirit also works but don't just run straight because she's following the scratch marks which will potientally cause you have collision her, if you don't have iron will this is really not recommended, but if you do you're more safer against taking the risk. Keep in mind if this mistakes doesn't work out he first chases chances it won't work again in the second chase with her, because she's reading your playstyle from your first chase. It's similar to nurse how in order to catch survivors you have to analyze them in a chase. Obviously she's a threat and can still down you quickly but the best you can do to beat her is do your best to stall her much as you can, because she still a M1 killer and it can be very difficult for her to apply pressure. Anyways Spirit is bae forever and don't give a damn for the people complaining about her to be nerf heavily.

  • @Chop said:

    Spirit is my favorite killer in this game, I love playing her and love playing against her because people complain she doesn't have counter. She obviously very strong reliable killer, but her counterplay isn't from her power, survivors should learn to be unpredictable and read how she plays, most spirits rely solely on sounds, but doesn't mean sound is gonna guranteee her victory. The best to do against spirits is to just see how long you can last because her screwing up mistakes heavily punish her. When in a chase to her don't predictable where you're heading, avoid grass to now allow her to pinpoint you, use windows but don't fast vault them, slow vault so it cause no sounds from which side your coming from because when you fast vault it leaves a dust from the side you vaulted. Double back against a spirit also works but don't just run straight because she's following the scratch marks which will potientally cause you have collision her, if you don't have iron will this is really not recommended, but if you do you're more safer against taking the risk. Keep in mind if this mistakes doesn't work out he first chases chances it won't work again in the second chase with her, because she's reading your playstyle from your first chase. It's similar to nurse how in order to catch survivors you have to analyze them in a chase. Obviously she's a threat and can still down you quickly but the best you can do to beat her is do your best to stall her much as you can, because she still a M1 killer and it can be very difficult for her to apply pressure. Anyways Spirit is bae forever and don't give a damn for the people complaining about her to be nerf heavily.

    Well said man.

  • Spirit is fine, but her prayer beads bracelet add-on needs to get removed.

  • What, the planeswalker? She's... Fine, I guess. Could do with a slightly bigger terror radius, but she's not particularly interesting to play into as a survivor. Idk what they could tweak to make her more fun. As it stands, playing against her is just hide and seek: nonsense planeswalking edition unless you run perks like Spine Chill to let you know where she is while she's planeswalking.

    I can't speak for playing as her because I don't play killer or own her dlc. So there's that.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660469#Comment_660469

    Lol at least mine has foundation, yours is nothing but personal bias

    it's the other way around. it's a fact you have many ways to locate a survivor during phase while the survivor has nothing. the only counters you've listed so far involved perks.

  • I don't see her much on console but she's ok to play against I dropped her as a killer since I want to give other killers a chance

  • @Chop said:

    Spirit is my favorite killer in this game, I love playing her and love playing against her because people complain she doesn't have counter. She obviously very strong reliable killer, but her counterplay isn't from her power, survivors should learn to be unpredictable and read how she plays, most spirits rely solely on sounds, but doesn't mean sound is gonna guranteee her victory. The best to do against spirits is to just see how long you can last because her screwing up mistakes heavily punish her. When in a chase to her don't predictable where you're heading, avoid grass to now allow her to pinpoint you, use windows but don't fast vault them, slow vault so it cause no sounds from which side your coming from because when you fast vault it leaves a dust from the side you vaulted. Double back against a spirit also works but don't just run straight because she's following the scratch marks which will potientally cause you have collision her, if you don't have iron will this is really not recommended, but if you do you're more safer against taking the risk. Keep in mind if this mistakes doesn't work out he first chases chances it won't work again in the second chase with her, because she's reading your playstyle from your first chase. It's similar to nurse how in order to catch survivors you have to analyze them in a chase. Obviously she's a threat and can still down you quickly but the best you can do to beat her is do your best to stall her much as you can, because she still a M1 killer and it can be very difficult for her to apply pressure. Anyways Spirit is bae forever and don't give a damn for the people complaining about her to be nerf heavily.

    1.) Doubling back does not work because you will both collide into each other and she’ll turn back and down you. It never works against a competent Spirit.

    2.) All you can do is run to a loop and pray she messes up.

    3.) She is not punished for mistakes. At all. She is usually right on the survivor’s ass and her power doesn’t take long to come back. Her messes up just means she doesn’t get the “Grudge” points. She can still easily catch the survivor. She isn’t complete reliant on her power like Nurse.

    4.) I have played Spirit ever since she was released. I can confidently say I have 4K about 85% of my games as her. She isn’t hard to play...at all.

    5.) All I want is more counterplay. Once you’re in a chase without Iron Will, you’re pretty much at the mercy of how good the Spirit is at tracking :/

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/660499#Comment_660499

    1.) Doubling back does not work because you will both collide into each other and she’ll turn back and down you. It never works against a competent Spirit.

    2.) All you can do is run to a loop and pray she messes up.

    3.) She is not punished for mistakes. At all. She is usually right on the survivor’s ass and her power doesn’t take long to come back. Her messes up just means she doesn’t get the “Grudge” points. She can still easily catch the survivor. She isn’t complete reliant on her power like Nurse.

    4.) I have played Spirit ever since she was released. I can confidently say I have 4K about 85% of my games as her. She isn’t hard to play...at all.

    5.) All I want is more counterplay. Once you’re in a chase without Iron Will, you’re pretty much at the mercy of how good the Spirit is at tracking :/

    Well said as well.

  • The perfect killer, and for many reasons. I have a discussion about making perfect killers. I used her as an example. Fun for both.

  • In regards to playing her I can manage. VS her I haven't been able to find a competent one.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659499#Comment_659499

    Yes, but not the cut up parts... I also think plague is hot if you ignore the diseased part.

    Kinda wish we had a pre death spirit skin or a pre-plague plague skin. I would get those in a heartbeat

    are you 13 years of age mate?

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    Where is the challenge for Spirit? Having a functioning headset and bumping into survivors is enough of "skill" needed to play her. As survivor there is nothing you can do cause its just hoping that you do the right thing. Guessing games are stupidly pure luck based.

    Spirit is next after nurse to get "reworked".

    Too bad that devs never said they are reworking Spirit.

  • Strong killer, not as strong as some people make her out to be, fun to play, somewhat fun to play against, all around i would take spirit over hillbilly or nurse any day of the week

  • She is too easy right now, before with broken footsteps you had to rely on scratchmarks and that was a challenge (bcs scratchmarks are still too unreliable). Now you just put your audio volume high and pay attention to footstep sounds.

  • The spirit is easy to learn, if you already know the basics of the game and have headphones, an easy victory without any labor. A small counter-game as a survivor, almost its absence without the necessary perks, which is why it is absolutely not interesting to play the role of a survivor against this killer.

  • I like the variety. Instead of looking over the loops, throwing down a pallet and repeat.

  • i dislike that the only thing to actually be decent at her is a good pair of headphones and that as a survivor you litterally gotta pray shes stupid to get away, however i like her desing and her power overall shes just... not nice to play against unless in a coordinated swf

  • Design wise she's good. She's pretty stupid bc she lacks true counterplay but whatev. Spine chill only rly tells you if she's phasing toward you.

    She's also kinda ezaf if you have a good headset. There needs to be more counterplay against her.

  • Spirit is really fun to play. I main her and though I'm not the best, her mind games are really fun. I get a good laugh when I stand still at a pallet, feigning phasing, and the survivor jumps over it into my arms.

    The unique thing about her is that she's one of the only truly scary killers in dbd. Most of the killers aren't scary anymore, cause we just go "oh it's a trapper" but it's not really a worry. But with spirit she has that element of surprise and scaring survivors is a lot easier.

    I guess the passive phasing is scary for some too.

  • @paint1210 said:

    Headphone killer

    All the killers are lol.

    I have found many survivors because of their breathing. Thanks headphones!

  • As I see now, most of the people hate playing against Spirit.

  • Yeah. They are... so what?

    What are you even saying here?

  • I love the Spirit. Great design! My Opinion.. fun to play and fun to play vs her.

1 2 ›