I love camping.

Putting a victim on a hook and waiting just a bit off in the distance for one or more of it's team mates to come to the rescue. Then rushing in to injure a new one before chasing down the first one I hooked.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Chaddad2169 you're still running on the false premise of camping being the main way I play.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    @Chaddad2169 you're still running on the false premise of camping being the main way I play.

    Well you didn't exactly state that camping isn't the main way you play, so perhaps feed us with that information first.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp

    Hey I have no issues with ya camping.

    I mean I don't unhook people unless it's clearly safe. So if u need me I'll be knocking out my gen. And if when I play wraith I get a basement play I'll get just out of kindred range and Noheartbeat = no barrowed time. Why go to them if they come to you. And yes some game you will lose. But I've turned 1k into 3-4k

  • sometimes i like campers too, it means we're gonna escape except for one

  • First game of the day: Spirit with Prayer Beads Bracelet.

    Second game of the day: Nurse with Mori.

    Third game of the day: Plague facecamp because I destroyed his totem.

    I'm done. And after that cries because the queues are long... 🙄

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651910#Comment_651910

    Well you didn't exactly state that camping isn't the main way you play, so perhaps feed us with that information first.

    I could make a post about loving red velvet cake and nobody would assume that it means red velvet cake is the main food in my diet.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651802#Comment_651802

    Whaaaaaaaat? Multiple...? That certainly would come in handy on occasion. What in your opinion is the biggest drawback of Bubba?

    Everything other than camping. You're welcome.

    Now you can be garbage at everything else and camp all you want

    Play Leatherface 🙂

  • @Chaddad2169

    Everything but camping lmfao... Sounds perfect

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    @Chaddad2169

    Everything but camping lmfao... Sounds perfect

    Yeah you're welcome, it doesn't hurt to say thanks.

    Also the New Demogorgon killer that's coming out in a few weeks has the ability to place down portals he can teleport to, do that around a hook and you'll be good to go.

    Two killers just for you

  • Is that demogorgon from stranger things?

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651627#Comment_651627

    Camping is setting a trap for anybody that comes in for the rescue. Your lack of ability to understand it is your problem.

    The luck comes in as to who I get first to put out as bait.

    Call it whatever you want, but camping is just denying someone from playing. Even if you can’t see it. Again, nothing more that that.

    I will tell you a secret: when I started playing DbD, I’ve also camped survivors. At first, I thought I’m a good killer, mainly because camping works great in lower ranks. But eventually I realized how painful and boring is to be camped, so I slowly started to leave the hook after hooking, and discovered the fun in mind-games, finding stealthy survivors, and applying pressure to teams. I enjoyed it, and I’m sure most of the times, they enjoyed too. I hope that you’ll see it too in the future. And if not, well, I feel bad for the survivors, and hope they’ll escape the lower ranks, to actually have entertaining killers.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651627#Comment_651627

    Camping is setting a trap for anybody that comes in for the rescue. Your lack of ability to understand it is your problem.

    The luck comes in as to who I get first to put out as bait.

    Call it whatever you want, but camping is just denying someone from playing. Even if you can’t see it. Again, nothing more that that.

    I will tell you a secret: when I started playing DbD, I’ve also camped survivors. At first, I thought I’m a good killer, mainly because camping works great in lower ranks. But eventually I realized how painful and boring is to be camped, so I slowly started to leave the hook after hooking, and discovered the fun in mind-games, finding stealthy survivors, and applying pressure to teams. I enjoyed it, and I’m sure most of the times, they enjoyed too. I hope that you’ll see it too in the future. And if not, well, I feel bad for the survivors, and hope they’ll escape the lower ranks, to actually have entertaining killers.

  • Mate. I'm glad you play how you enjoy.

    Unlike you I've yet to claim or think I'm a good killer.

    I certainly don't think being used as bait or being left to expire by your team mates would be fun but I don't care.

  • You're free to do whatever you want — as long as it's within the game's guidelines. :)


    Edit: Also, as a friendly reminder, camping gives you no map pressure, so if you're not careful, you can get gen-rushed. Which means whatever survivor you camp will be the last survivor you camp for that game, assuming it's a high ranked game.

  • @NMCKE

    I've had that happen more then once when using camping as a tactic lol. It is what it is.

  • On camping, I only do it if the game is going badly for me or a survivor is being toxic

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    @NMCKE

    I've had that happen more then once when using camping as a tactic lol. It is what it is.

    Well, it depends, if you're going to camp, I recommend NOED, Ruin, Iron Grasp, and Agitation to help alleviate the survivors' counterplay.


    Survivors are forced to do bones before generators if they want to power the generators safely. :)

  • I don't know what NOED is. I have Iron grasp and agitation on my Trapper.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    I don't know what NOED is. I have Iron grasp and agitation on my Trapper.

    NOED (No One Escapes Death) in a nutshell :)

    There are 5 totems in every game, each one takes 14 seconds to cleanse. If there is a totem remaining by the time all 5 generators are powered, you can 1-shot down survivors.


    Therefore, survivors have to waste less time on generators and do totems, or taste the wrath of NOED.

  • Hey, you do you. I'm not gonna stand in your way.

  • Huh... That sounds like it could be of benefit to my Trapper.

    @NMCKE

    Thank you for the education

  • @Awakey said:

    Hey, you do you. I'm not gonna stand in your way.

    Of you did you'd be the bait.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    Huh... That sounds like it could be of benefit to my Trapper.

    @NMCKE

    Thank you for the education

    Yes, just try to unlock it because it's perfect for camping since survivors can't gen-rush you as much. :)

  • Just loaded the game to check. I've already got it.

    20190827_061709.jpg


    I've been running him with Agitation, Brutal Strength, Iron Grasp and Unrelenting.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    Just loaded the game to check. I've already got it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/426/UET1I514JKAG.jpg

    I've been running him with Agitation, Brutal Strength, Iron Grasp and Unrelenting.

    If you don't mind, use it for a few games, and you will find some great results. Either survivors will waste too much time cleansing totems or don't cleanse totems and get hit by NOED.

  • Will give it a spin soon. Just had my first run as the Hag... it's like camping but not. Hahahshshaha

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    Will give it a spin soon. Just had my first run as the Hag... it's like camping but not. Hahahshshaha

    I think you play on pc and got dbd for xbox but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you this whole thread has had me dying laughing both at the fact that bot ways you being new or just using a different way to play and i really like you now mainly because you shut down me he's one of the most notorious trolls that try to act like the good guy on this sub and well thank you you honestly are my hero i plan to start streaming playing bubba or trapper and just camp so i can have lots of fun! itll be streams on youtube dedicated to both you and me. thank you alot also weed gives u cancer lolololololol (issa joke but it'd be funny if true)

  • @djsponge10

    If I get cancer from weed I'd say that it's the best and most fun way to get it.

    I've never had DBD on PC. I wish I had a computer that'd run it. I used to play mech warrior online a lot when I had a good computer a few years ago.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    I mean, if they keep going in, they're only making it possible.

    However I will say, camping wont get you far. Its instant gratification with no long term benefit or lesson learned.

    Oh wait, another brand new account. Do I smell a troll feeding off of the recent upsurge in camping discussions?

    So when is it ok for survivors to rescue? Should they just let the survivor die on their first hook. By your logic every survivor dies when they get down.

  • Dang i iz sad thats all u had to say back :( still luv u tho <3

  • You can get to Rank 1 by just camping with Leatherface.

  • @djsponge10

    Nothing personal. I just don't know how to take compliments. They make me feel awkward.

    I am glad you have enjoyed my thread and if it has inspired you to do something new or different then that is great.


    One of my favourite things to do with the Trapper so far is to set up the traps and try to herd a victim towards them, then stop behind them, wait for them to get free then continue the chase into the next trap.


    I have no idea about what chad is like on the forums other than he and I have vastly different opinions on things.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652392#Comment_652392

    If you don't mind, use it for a few games, and you will find some great results. Either survivors will waste too much time cleansing totems or don't cleanse totems and get hit by NOED.

    4k, 3k and a DC, 3k... hahahaha NOED is the way to go it seems.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652475#Comment_652475

    4k, 3k and a DC, 3k... hahahaha NOED is the way to go it seems.

    You're welcome, go have some fun! :D

  • @NMCKE

    Thank you very muchly for the advice... pallets are a little more of a hassle now but the trade off is absolutely worth it.

  • @Meme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650614#Comment_650614

    So when is it ok for survivors to rescue? Should they just let the survivor die on their first hook. By your logic every survivor dies when they get down.

    If someone is camping? Yes let them die. They're dead anyways IF THEYRE CAMPING.

    If you try to go in, you give 2 kills instead of one.

    How is that a hard concept?

  • Definitely run NOED if you are camping. It is the ultimate reward for the lazy killer. If they power the gens with only one totem left, they are all exposed and you one hit down them until they destroy the hex totem.

    See, the key to beating a camper is to hit the gens and ignore the hoked player. But, if they use the one counter play to camping and hit the gens, you win another two kills with NOED easily.

  • Meh, if you don't care about rank then you do you. I usually advise against camping because generally it fails to do much once you hit a certain rank. As a survivor I'll leave anyone being camped on the hook, or stay alive as long as i can for gen times if im on the hook myself.

    As a killer I just don't find it fun and i tend to get more bp for more hooks. but if rank isn't an issue the latter doesn't really matter.

    I do hope you find some more fun avenues in the game however, there is a lot more to explore. I have to say some of the most excellent and gratifying hooks I have gotten are by total fluke, never to be repeated takedowns.

    But if your having fun right now, then keep doing your own thing. As long as it isn't outright cheating and an in game mechanic, its all fair game. ;)

  • Thanks for that. I'm going to use that in the future...

  • It's so lovely to see another killer get their first taste of the joy that is NoED.

    Cheers.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    Putting a victim on a hook and waiting just a bit off in the distance for one or more of it's team mates to come to the rescue. Then rushing in to injure a new one before chasing down the first one I hooked.

    But if you hit the rescuer... why not go after him instead of the poor schmuck who just got saved?

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/83364/i-love-camping

    But if you hit the rescuer... why not go after him instead of the poor schmuck who just got saved?

    The hit to the rescuer is to shoo them away.

  • TL:DR rank up to avoid him

  • @OGOzSnowChimp

    downloadfile-12.jpg


    Here's you a trapper camping

  • @Cardgrey

    Thank you for that. You've made my day. I needed cheering up.

  • If I get camped, chances are I deserved it, or it’s securing a kill.

    Play however you want— I bless you with the survivor seal of approval.

  • @Fab said:

    As long as YOU have fun, you can play however you like.

    O really? So it doesnt matter if others doesnt have fun? ok, reverse following changes please because > I < had much fun with it and it doesnt matter if you cry:

    pallet vacuum back, fast blinds, MoM, original jungle gyms and we're fine. i mean, beforeyou are able to camp me Im back on the campfire lol


    No seriously

    The game is about QoL and having FUN and if people dont like diffrent playstyles there gonna be tweaks. Otherwise the game dies slowly.

  • @Watery

    Thank you very muchly Sir/Mam...


    As I have no issues with any survivor strategies, whatever you can make work I say go for it.


    It is refreshing to have the approval of a survivor.

1 2 3 4