So...Here's a question up for discussion.

As a killer if you slug 3 survivors during the endgame collapse and refuse to let the last survivor heal them. So the last survivor leaves and the 3 stay slugged until E.G.C ends. Is that a dick move?


But here's more to the context:


-They tried to loop you multiple times


-They Gen Rushed


-They actually cooperated for once, Like an SWF.


-Tried to rescue a survivor but you downed another one and they still kept coming to rescue the survivor.


Let the discussion begin.

Comments

  • Also forgot to put: "Survivors welcome"

  • Do you hear that? It sounds like keyboards being smashed.

  • That's bad play on their part. I would wait until you picked up someone before going in to try and pick up someone who was slugged, and even then depending on how close the hook was, I'd wait. If they kept rushing in and all died, that's on them

  • @GrootDude said:

    Do you hear that? It sounds like keyboards being smashed.

    Lol definitely. Or controllers...


    Either way fun to watch.

  • Kinda a dick move, but it's just the Killer playing his only objective.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    That's bad play on their part. I would wait until you picked up someone before going in to try and pick up someone who was slugged, and even then depending on how close the hook was, I'd wait. If they kept rushing in and all died, that's on them

    Unless you kept em all slugged ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @Chewy102 said:

    Kinda a dick move, but it's just the Killer playing his only objective.

    True that. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ†๐Ÿ”ช

  • Annoying for survivors but nothing wrong with it especially since there's nothing else you can do at the end other than try to secure kills.

    But if 3 Survivors are being slugged it shouldn't be too hard to seperate from each other so the 4th survivor can at least pick someone up i guess. So yeah, bad play on their part.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Annoying for survivors but nothing wrong with it especially since there's nothing else you can do at the end other than try to secure kills.

    But if 3 Survivors are being slugged it shouldn't be too hard to seperate from each other so the 4th survivor can at least pick someone up i guess. So yeah, bad play on their part.

    Eh.. I as a Myers.. have my ways of making sure no one's picked up.. (S.T.B.F.L.)


    But then again.. true.

  • You played strategically and tried to kill as many survivors as possible. That's your job as killer. Your job is not to allow a survivor to heal their teammates and gift them free escapes.

  • I really enjoy stupid Survivors, I love bad situations they make themselves but they blame on me; this is one of them.

    I've had people criticize me when I play Basement Freddy, I use the Snares to let me know when people go for the save and they call me a tunneler/camper. But the funny part about it is, my Snares wouldn't let me know they're down there if they just WOKE THE ######### UP before going for the save ๐Ÿคฃ

  • It's the killers job to kill just as its the survivors job to survive if they tunnel loop you, that's either your fault for not being able to get them. Either that or they brought in perks to help them, and they committed perk slots to that the same as killers bring in devour hope or ruin. So there's no problem to it especially since there are not alot of good places to loop killers successfully. If survivors get screwed over because they try to do rescues in front of the killer, then they deserve to get killed. The only dick move I could think of the killers doing is face camping, thou it's more acceptable if all gens are done and the doors are open. Better to be a dick and get one guarantee survivor than to be chill and loose all survivors.

  • "refuse to let the last survivor heal them"

    Is that a thing now? I have to let the survivors heal each other?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    You played strategically and tried to kill as many survivors as possible. That's your job as killer. Your job is not to allow a survivor to heal their teammates and gift them free escapes.

    True.

  • @HatCreature said:

    I really enjoy stupid Survivors, I love bad situations they make themselves but they blame on me; this is one of them.

    I've had people criticize me when I play Basement Freddy, I use the Snares to let me know when people go for the save and they call me a tunneler/camper. But the funny part about it is, my Snares wouldn't let me know they're down there if they just WOKE THE ######### UP before going for the save ๐Ÿคฃ

    Lol definitely. That's why I always wake up before saving

  • @_Alex_96 said:

    It's the killers job to kill just as its the survivors job to survive if they tunnel loop you, that's either your fault for not being able to get them. Either that or they brought in perks to help them, and they committed perk slots to that the same as killers bring in devour hope or ruin. So there's no problem to it especially since there are not alot of good places to loop killers successfully. If survivors get screwed over because they try to do rescues in front of the killer, then they deserve to get killed. The only dick move I could think of the killers doing is face camping, thou it's more acceptable if all gens are done and the doors are open. Better to be a dick and get one guarantee survivor than to be chill and loose all survivors.

    Truth.

  • @shalo said:

    "refuse to let the last survivor heal them"

    Is that a thing now? I have to let the survivors heal each other?

    Well what I mean is you try harded them not healing

  • I mean if they were too dumb to crawl apart so you couldn't guard all of them and they could easily pick one up, that's their fault. What you're doing breaks no rules and is therefore okay to do.

    On the flipside it's also okay for them to loop, genrush and coordinate. Feeling the need to say they did that as if you're "punishing" them for that or something is kinda hypocritical at best, and pure scrub mentality at worst. You're honestly better off not trying to "justify" why you did what you did.

  • You're asking if it's a dick move: yes, without real question.

    Is it punishment for their clear bad plays: also yes.

  • Did you ask for consent first?

  • @oxygen said:

    I mean if they were too dumb to crawl apart so you couldn't guard all of them and they could easily pick one up, that's their fault. What you're doing breaks no rules and is therefore okay to do.

    On the flipside it's also okay for them to loop, genrush and coordinate. Feeling the need to say they did that as if you're "punishing" them for that or something is kinda hypocritical at best, and pure scrub mentality at worst. You're honestly better off not trying to "justify" why you did what you did.

    Well I'm just saying it's what happened in the game -shrugs- They litterally gen rushed but yeah you're right they should have crawled apart.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    You're asking if it's a dick move: yes, without real question.

    Is it punishment for their clear bad plays: also yes.

    Lol.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Did you ask for consent first?

    Eh.. Myers always does it anyway -shrugs-

  • Then its fine, because you approved with them that they are gonna die by egc

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650289#Comment_650289

    Well I'm just saying it's what happened in the game -shrugs- They litterally gen rushed but yeah you're right they should have crawled apart.

    And? Gen rushing is no more of a "crime" than what you did, both things are perfectly fine and within the rules of the game. The speed generators can be completed at is a DESIGN discussion, not something you should blame other PLAYERS for.

  • I'm a survivor main. Very little killer time on my part. I've had this happen to me and I blamed no one but my survivor team. If we were crazy enough to try to heal in front of or near a killer, that was entirely our fault. GG killer

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650295#Comment_650295

    And? Gen rushing is no more of a "crime" than what you did, both things are perfectly fine and within the rules of the game. The speed generators can be completed at is a DESIGN discussion, not something you should blame other PLAYERS for.

    This. And looping or "working together like swf". That is not toxic at all, it is part of the game just like him not letting people leave.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650295#Comment_650295

    And? Gen rushing is no more of a "crime" than what you did, both things are perfectly fine and within the rules of the game. The speed generators can be completed at is a DESIGN discussion, not something you should blame other PLAYERS for.

    Look... I'm just giving context of how a match went. I understand it's part of the game. I ain't blaming no one. It's nice to counter their dick move with a dick move.


    That's all I was saying.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650303#Comment_650303

    This. And looping or "working together like swf". That is not toxic at all, it is part of the game just like him not letting people leave.

    Good words by a fellow shape. =P

  • Dick move? Yeah. Effective? Absolutely. Ban worthy/actually matter? ######### no. It's a strategy. It's not exploiting or griefing.

  • That is absolutely stupid to do. You get no points for doing it, and also ruin the game for everything. Also, the way you say survivors "tried to loop me" as a bad thing, it is the objective, survive. Looping is just a fancy word for maximizing the time of spending pallets.

  • By what you say it didn't seem to be a reason to not hook them and end it sooner, they didn't seem to do anything bad (no, gen rushing is not toxic), so it was kinda a dick move, yes.

  • @WickedKatz said:

    That is absolutely stupid to do. You get no points for doing it, and also ruin the game for everything. Also, the way you say survivors "tried to loop me" as a bad thing, it is the objective, survive. Looping is just a fancy word for maximizing the time of spending pallets.

    Trying: meaning unsuccessful.


    And actually you do get points ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's called the E.G.C. sacrificing em all.

  • @White_Owl said:

    By what you say it didn't seem to be a reason to not hook them and end it sooner, they didn't seem to do anything bad (no, gen rushing is not toxic), so it was kinda a dick move, yes.

    They gen rushed meaning: They got all gens done, opened the gates, and almost escaped.


    If none were slugged all would have escaped. But since there was a slugging. Only 1 escaped.

  • Take any and all complaints as a compliment.

  • @OGOzSnowChimp said:

    Take any and all complaints as a compliment.

    Thats what I will always do.


    Since Myers is already ruthless ;)

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650507#Comment_650507

    They gen rushed meaning: They got all gens done, opened the gates, and almost escaped.

    If none were slugged all would have escaped. But since there was a slugging. Only 1 escaped.

    So the did their objective, why should this be a reason to do that?

    I'm not saying you shouldn't have slugged, but when one escapes and the others clearly don't have Unbreakable, why not hooking them instead of wasting 4 minutes of everyone's time?

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650628#Comment_650628

    So the did their objective, why should this be a reason to do that?

    I'm not saying you shouldn't have slugged, but when one escapes and the others clearly don't have Unbreakable, why not hooking them instead of wasting 4 minutes of everyone's time?

    -Shrugs- why would an IRL killer leave them on the floor bleeding?


    To make em' salty, frustrated, and to suffer. Like all (DbD) killers should.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651382#Comment_651382

    -Shrugs- why would an IRL killer leave them on the floor bleeding?

    To make em' salty, frustrated, and to suffer. Like all (DbD) killers should.

    So you did it purposefully to be a dick, why even bother asking?

    Besides this is a game played to have fun, the IRL argument makes no sense.

  • I mean, it is kind of a dick move, it takes all the fun away, but if you did so I wouldn't blame you

    I would be pissed if we still had a few gens left and you were slugging just to make us suffer, happened to me once, we had 2 gens left if I remember correctly

  • No dick move at all. Also no genrush from their side. But EGC gives you less points for the kill for some reason so i prefer letting one survivor die on the hook and three escape.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650433#Comment_650433

    Trying: meaning unsuccessful.

    And actually you do get points ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's called the E.G.C. sacrificing em all.

    Ok, you got me there. Enjoy 8k bp

  • 8K..?


    Nah, I got like 21K


    -Shrugs- Even if it was only 8K, I like grinding for Prestige for my characters, Hate the grind for perks tho...

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650303#Comment_650303

    Look... I'm just giving context of how a match went. I understand it's part of the game. I ain't blaming no one. It's nice to counter their dick move with a dick move.

    That's all I was saying.

    I think people are just trying to make the point that what they did wasn't a dick move, it was just them completing their objectives like they're supposed to. They just played stupidly at the end.

    Was what you did a dick move? Yes. Is there something wrong with that? Not from a gameplay perspective, but neither was it really deserved, which is what you seemed to be implying by providing the "context" that the survivors... played the game.

  • You don't have to justify yourself. Do it because it makes you happy to do it :-D

    Enjoy their suffering

  • "They tried to loop you multiple times".

    What do you want survivors to do, just run in straight lines.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    "They tried to loop you multiple times".

    What do you want survivors to do, just run in straight lines.

    I mean..I wouldn't complain if they did XD